11/01/16 Rosario, AR - Estadio Rosario

gunsguy

Alright, watched a few more videos. This may be the weakest show of the year. Doesn't mean it was bad (this year has been unreal), but Axl is struggling at times and no Coma. Band seems great, crowd seems great, and UTLH is cool though. 

It's not a big deal, if this is what we got as an "off" night then it's all good. He may actually have a cold this time considering the rumored doctors visit and the past few shows. It'll pass further into the SA leg.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KeyserSoze said:

No! Im merely offering up a suggestion. 

Everyone is drawn to this website for one reason: Guns N' Roses.

One way or another, Guns N' Roses became a big enough part in your life that you needed to find a way to express how much love you had for the band by sharing this gift of GNR with other people who love it the most. 

For some reason or another, that reason that all brought us here ends up being the shit that makes us hate each other. 

Most people on here enjoy just coming here to bitch and ruin great conversations and moments merely because the band known as Guns N' Roses can no longer make them happy no matter what they do, or so it seems. 

My question remains: why continuously follow something that doesn't make you happy? 

To put it into perspective, why would you continue to want to know everything about a person who no longer interests you? 

The reasoning behind my question remains: we only have one life. Meaning: be grateful for what you have. In this case, be grateful you found  the gift of Guns N' Roses, but if it doesn't float your boat anymore, why bother coming and even wonder what they are up to if you already know it isn't going to matter to you? 

Go out and do other shit with your life, get into other bands or things, start something new, live in the moment. Something GNR seems to be more about to me then just telling people to fuck off. 

GNR one day will cease to exist as a band. No matter what your stance is on the current version of the band, we should be happy they are even active in an age where bands from that era like Motley Crue are calling it quits, and bands like Poison are only able to fill a small room full of people, and random BBQs. 

We will one day cease to exist as people and wont be able to listen to any of it anymore. 

We should be able to enjoy it while we can. 

Your point certainly is valid. 

But why wouldn't you follow your own advice? If this forum makes you so angry, why keep coming back? I know of at least two other popular GnR forums where posters aren't allowed to be negative about the band. 

If you aren't going to follow your own advice though, then it doesn't seem fair to expect others to do so. 

And for the record, I don't follow or go to forums of bands I don't like. 

1 minute ago, Apollo said:

But why wouldn't you follow your own advice? If this forum makes you so angry, why keep coming back? I know of at least two other popular GnR forums where posters aren't allowed to be negative about the band. 

If you aren't going to follow your own advice though, then it doesn't seem fair to expect others to do so. 

It doesn't make me angry per say, im more of a moderate when it comes to this place. I usually do not come to this forum to discuss, but more to search out news and contribute when i can. I don't trash on things i dislike about GNR, and i tend to stay away from praising everything they do as well. 

The main reason i try not to get into discussions is because i feel as if everyone just loves to tell you that your wrong here. They state opinions as facts and expect you to believe them even if you know they are inaccurate. 

You may think that i've tried to do just that, but in actuality I just attempted to express a solution to what seems to be countless pointless arguments about things that never matter.  

All i've tried to do is a present a solution to a problem that honestly cannot be solved by my simple enraged comments on a website, and is probably so minute in our every day lives that its the last thing that we should be worried about.

I don't expect anyone to 100% obey my orders as if i was in some sort of position to be looked up too, i more or less just wanted to give some food for thought to those who just stay on these websites to complain about EVERYTHING. 

I come to this website specifically because it just feels right. Nowhere else is more professional, diverse, or friendlier in my opinion then this one. 

I just hate to see people destroy their image of whatever made them love GNR by just consistently nitpicking everything. 

As fans we have no control over what this band does. Sometimes we simply have to sit back and be grateful for what we have instead of wanting more, less, or something different. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, ludurigan said:

so you are telling people how they should behave, what they should like, what they should do, how they are suppose to feel?

do you realize that thats likely the most UN-GNR thing you can do?

I don't think he's saying that.. 

He's saying, enjoy them, for better or worse...

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

It doesn't make me angry per say, im more of a moderate when it comes to this place. I usually do not come to this forum to discuss, but more to search out news and contribute when i can. I don't trash on things i dislike about GNR, and i tend to stay away from praising everything they do as well. 

The main reason i try not to get into discussions is because i feel as if everyone just loves to tell you that your wrong here. They state opinions as facts and expect you to believe them even if you know they are inaccurate. 

You may think that i've tried to do just that, but in actuality I just attempted to express a solution to what seems to be countless pointless arguments about things that never matter.  

All i've tried to do is a present a solution to a problem that honestly cannot be solved by my simple enraged comments on a website, and is probably so minute in our every day lives that its the last thing that we should be worried about.

I don't expect anyone to 100% obey my orders as if i was in some sort of position to be looked up too, i more or less just wanted to give some food for thought to those who just stay on these websites to complain about EVERYTHING. 

I come to this website specifically because it just feels right. Nowhere else is more professional, diverse, or friendlier in my opinion then this one. 

I just hate to see people destroy their image of whatever made them love GNR by just consistently nitpicking everything. 

As fans we have no control over what this band does. Sometimes we simply have to sit back and be grateful for what we have instead of wanting more, less, or something different. 

Well put fella

_20161102_001703.JPG

after all these shows, it's still surreal to see these two together on stage

Axl may not party like it's 1993 anymore, but that doesn't matter. We all know what Axl and GNR in their prime were capable of.

Let me give you all a reminder of the reality before us: We have them back on stage.

Edited by action

To put this whole debate to rest and to just save himself the embarrassment, if Axl really was unwell, why doesn't he just put out a tweet stating this. Something on the lines of that he is in fact suffering from a cold but still plans to give it his all. To be frank - as much as I love the band and him - the last few shows seem to have been fucking shameful due to reasons that are only speculation now. Lazy? Who knows, yet simply not performances that go in conjunction with the hefty price tag per ticket.

1 hour ago, Apollo said:

1 hour ago, KeyserSoze said:

Both of you have had your say on this subject now. Please drop it and return to the show topic.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Padme said:

He has done it before even during the old days. It's sarcastic. "I wait dear" Bullshit! He is not wanna wait in real life

I didn't watch the show except for some snippets from ChiDem and the intro to SCOM so I was wondering what people were referring to... thanks btw... gonna go watch the videos now.

I've gone and listened to some of the stuff tonight, and i honestly don't know why people are acting as if Axl can't sing. He still rips through many of the songs, and while others are weaker than what they were on the US leg, they're still not bad. Give Axl some more time to warm up after their break, and i'm sure he will be back to normal.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

No! Im merely offering up a suggestion. 

Everyone is drawn to this website for one reason: Guns N' Roses.

One way or another, Guns N' Roses became a big enough part in your life that you needed to find a way to express how much love you had for the band by sharing this gift of GNR with other people who love it the most. 

For some reason or another, that reason that all brought us here ends up being the shit that makes us hate each other. 

Most people on here enjoy just coming here to bitch and ruin great conversations and moments merely because the band known as Guns N' Roses can no longer make them happy no matter what they do, or so it seems. 

My question remains: why continuously follow something that doesn't make you happy? 

To put it into perspective, why would you continue to want to know everything about a person who no longer interests you? 

The reasoning behind my question remains: we only have one life. Meaning: be grateful for what you have. In this case, be grateful you found  the gift of Guns N' Roses, but if it doesn't float your boat anymore, why bother coming and even wonder what they are up to if you already know it isn't going to matter to you? 

Go out and do other shit with your life, get into other bands or things, start something new, live in the moment. Something GNR seems to be more about to me then just telling people to fuck off. 

GNR one day will cease to exist as a band. No matter what your stance is on the current version of the band, we should be happy they are even active in an age where bands from that era like Motley Crue are calling it quits, and bands like Poison are only able to fill a small room full of people, and random BBQs. 

We will one day cease to exist as people and wont be able to listen to any of it anymore. 

We should be able to enjoy it while we can. 

wow, thanks for that! i hadnt realized before but NOW, after reading your words, i am pretty sure that telling people what they should do and how they should to feel and how they should live their lives is what GNR is all about!

you captured the very essence of GNR! 

please write some more about this subject when you can -- your words are really inspiring!

lula-rindo.jpg

===

extending the subject a bit, hope you dont mind!

i just found this really old video of this obscure LA band from the 80s

the singer touches a bit on the subject we are discussing, so id like to show you!

for what i understood, this guy is all about telling people what they should do with their lives

its so fun!

so inspiring!

do you know the name of this band?

i have no idea, i am afraid they were too "advanced" for their time or something

i read some of the comments on the video though ...

and i was able to find that the singer is named bill

and the guitar player is jeff (or jef)

i posted the link to the video below

maybe some of you can help me identify this band!

thanks in advance!

• Like 2