06/04/17 - Madrid, ES - Estadio Vicente Calderon

alfierose

6 minutes ago, AlexC said:

This is probably one of the best encores of the tour imo.

I agree.. Bono isn't totally wrong in saying it could pack a little more punch but I like it. It is always good when an encore has an element of surprise and no one was expecting both Don't Cry and Patience.  And again no CD songs. Whether you think CD songs should be played or not, they definitely don't belong any where near the encore..

• Like 4

Just now, Tom-Ass said:

I agree.. Bono isn't totally wrong in saying it could pack a little more punch but I like it. It is always good when an encore has an element of surprise and no one was expecting both Don't Cry and Patience.  And again no CD songs. Whether you think CD songs should be played or not, they definitely don't belong any where near the encore..

I don't know, TWAT makes a great encore opener because it's so exciting whenever they play it. I always thought Madagascar fit really well in there too.

I quite like the encores being slower (other than Sorry). It's like a nice winding down section after a frantic Nightrain main set closer before the final blast of Paradise City to pick it back up again.

Regardless, good show tonight and Patience and Don't Cry being played on the same night (no matter where in the set) is more than welcomed.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Bono said:

Are you serious? It's that difficult you can't understand it?  You play 2 ballads and a song that nobody gives a fuck about only to save the end of the show with PC.  I've seen it live. It's not the best way to end a show. 

Nightrain   
Out Ta Get Me  
Knockin On Heaven's Door
Paradise City

OR

Don't Cry
The Seeker
Patience
Paradise City

Now you tell me which end to the show would be more kickass. 

The problem is you have no idea how bad most fans want to see them play tunes like Patience and Don't Cry (two of their biggest hits).  When I was Cincy, well...I'll leave out details, but trust me this stranger girl next to me was very happy they played Patience (and so was i because I kept telling they would play it.....).  

While want you want may be great to you (and me and other fans), playing Don't Cry and Patience should be mandatory every fucking show, so we should give them some credit for that.  PS:  Your encore would suck with KOTD to me personally b/c they way they are performing that now just...blows 

2 minutes ago, AlexC said:

I don't know, TWAT makes a great encore opener because it's so exciting whenever they play it. I always thought Madagascar fit really well in there too.

I quite like the encores being slower (other than Sorry). It's like a nice winding down section after a frantic Nightrain main set closer before the final blast of Paradise City to pick it back up again.

Regardless, good show tonight and Patience and Don't Cry being played on the same night (no matter where in the set) is more than welcomed.

No it's not....no one cares to hear TWAT except Hardcores that make up no more than a quarter of the audience, Other than the title song, CD songs put people's in their seats, not bring them to their feet which is what encore songs should do.  

Edited by tsinindy

ZSure, it is a GNR show, but half of the audience also know VR and Slash stuff. And since Slash is playing Axl's solo stuff, it would be fair by Axl to play some Slash/VR stuff. Almost every Slash song was actually written for Axl. I'm pretty sure people would like to hear Axl on Slash stuff. Seeker and BHS are very weak covers. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tsinindy said:

The problem is you have no idea how bad most fans want to see them play tunes like Patience and Don't Cry (two of their biggest hits).  When I was Cincy, well...I'll leave out details, but trust me this stranger girl next to me was very happy they played Patience (and so was i because I kept telling they would play it.....).  

While want you want may be great to you (and me and other fans), playing Don't Cry and Patience should be mandatory every fucking show, so we should give them some credit for that.  PS:  Your encore would suck with KOTD to me personally b/c they way they are performing that now just...blows 

They really need to go back to the album version on KOHD, I agree, the current version Is awful.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

No it's no....no one cares to hear TWAT except Hardcores that make up no more than a quarter of the audience, Other than the title songs, CD songs put people's in their seats, not bring them to their feet which is what encore songs should do.  

Well if they want the crowd on their feet the best way to do that would be to open the encore with Perfect Crime or You're Crazy (fast version).That would be awesome and we already know they've been rehearsed.

1 minute ago, 2414225 said:

ZSure, it is a GNR show, but half of the audience also know VR and Slash stuff. And since Slash is playing Axl's solo stuff, it would be fair by Axl to play some Slash/VR stuff. Almost every Slash song was actually written for Axl. I'm pretty sure people would like to hear Axl on Slash stuff. Seeker and BHS are very weak covers. 

Speak for yourself....I wanna hear Guns N Roses songs, that's who I am there to see.  They can get rid of every cover and CD song and that would be just great as far as I'm concerned and leave off the Slash crap and VR stuff, I didn't go to hear those bands songs, I'm there to hear GnR songs, play those for christ sake.  

Just now, AlexC said:

Well if they want the crowd on their feet the best way to do that would be to open the encore with Perfect Crime or You're Crazy (fast version).That would be awesome and we already know they've been rehearsed.

OK buddy, but two of their greatest hits bring the crowd to their feet just fine, I've been there.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, 2414225 said:

Logic for the #demented

1 hour ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

There is some variety in the set, to be fair. Don't Cry and Patience swap, OTGM/My Michelle are there sometimes, and Yesterday's, TWAT, Sorry, Catcher and Used To Love Her pop up sometimes. Duff's songs switch up, jams are often different. I understand it's not a whole lot but we have to give the band some credit.

yes but you have 2 songs switched for another 2 sngs, depending on a night, always same place. Ppl who see the gigs, collect bootlegs after 3 concerts are kind of WTF mood.

Duff songs...There are soooo many tracks of TSI Duff could sing, yet its always same. Why don't they do Black leather, Ain't it fun, Buick, Down on the farm...

where are Pretty tied up, Locomotive, Dead Horse, Breakdown, Back off..., they were all sung before. Not to mention Garden, Garden of Eden, Don't damn me, Right next door...

Ppl are sick and tired same songs from a band that has catalogue of GNR. Nobody cares about 5 covers and CD material...

1 minute ago, tsinindy said:

Speak for yourself....I wanna hear Guns N Roses songs, that's who I am there to see.  They can get rid of every cover and CD song and that would be just great as far as I'm concerned and leave off the Slash crap and VR stuff, I didn't go to hear those bands songs, I'm there to hear GnR songs, play those for christ sake.  

OK buddy, but two of their greatest hits bring the crowd to their feet just fine, I've been there.  

I don't really understand where this conversation is going. I've already said that I think having Don't Cry and Patience together was one of the best encores of the tour. I'm merely speculating what other songs would work in there too.

It seems like you're looking for an argument where there isn't one.

Just now, AlexC said:

I don't really understand where this conversation is going. I've already said that I think having Don't Cry and Patience together was one of the best encores of the tour. I'm merely speculating what other songs would work in there too.

It seems like you're looking for an argument where there isn't one.

OK, have fun speculating, I will further refrain from telling you how ridiculous your ideas are and enjoy the fact they finally got the encore damn near perfect.   Have a good one.    

3 minutes ago, shotsfired cro said:

Ppl who see the gigs, collect bootlegs after 3 concerts are kind of WTF mood.

Duff could sing, yet its always same. Why don't they do Black leather, Ain't it fun, Buick, Down on the farm...

Ppl are sick and tired same songs from a band that has catalogue of GNR. Nobody cares about 5 covers and CD material...

Hate to break it to you, buddy. But the band isn't playing those shows so they can satisfy bootleggers.

And can you tell me who excact those "people" are, you are referring to? Have you asked everyone at the concerts if they were sick and tired? Or are you just talking out of your ass. I assume so, so just stfu.

Edited by xBrownstonex
  • Like 4

Just now, tsinindy said:

OK, have fun speculating, I will further refrain from telling you how ridiculous your ideas are and enjoy the fact they finally got the encore damn near perfect.   Have a good one.    

I swear no one on this forum can fucking read. I was agreeing with you.

So the Lisbon gig -thread's theme was complaining about Axl's voice (I know, I did it too, but I've stopped) - now it is the set list.  You better think a new theme for the next gig. :lol::lol::lol:

Hasta la vista baby! 

Edited by Fourteenbeers
  • Like 2

Just now, Fourteenbeers said:

So the Lisbon gig -thread's theme was complaining about Axl's voice (I know, I did it too) - now it is the set list.  You better think a new theme for the next gig. :lol::lol::lol:

Hasta la vista baby! 

It really is fascinating and an interesting phenomenon, how many idiots are on this forum.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

No it's not....no one cares to hear TWAT except Hardcores that make up no more than a quarter of the audience, Other than the title song, CD songs put people's in their seats, not bring them to their feet which is what encore songs should do.

That's absolutely true, you can hear all the energy go out of the crowd whenever a CD song gets played. Those are beer, bathroom or smoke break songs.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, onurbayrak03 said:

im fucking done with this... When i first listened to GnR, it was Axl's voice what got me into them. Now that his unique raspy voice is gone, it just doesnt sound right. This isnt fucking gnr man, I prefer Axl voice to Slash's guitar playing for real. If he had the raspy voice and slash werent there, I would still be happy with Ashba...

Oh shove it cry baby

• Like 2

Well, what was a good show, with a few surprises, ends In arguing. What about the following setlist for the casuals who make up 90% of the crowd?

1. Perfect Crime

2. Right Next Door To Hell

3. Bad Obsession

4. Don't Damn Me

5. Locomotive

6. One In a Million

7. Pretty Tied Up

8. Garden Of Eden

9. You're Crazy

10. 14 Years

11. Nice Boys

12. Bad Apples