06/04/17 - Madrid, ES - Estadio Vicente Calderon

alfierose

Axl sounded pretty damn good from everything I have seen.. Things are looking up \m/

1 minute ago, Axl_morris said:

Looks like  no my Michelle/out ta get me

That would be a bummer... I was lucky enough to see both at my last show. 

1 minute ago, Axl_morris said:

Looks like  no my Michelle/out ta get me

I think OTGM was played. Someone posted a picture earlier and the video screen looked like the one for OTGM. Also Axl was grabbing his crotch haha, like when he screams "So you can suck me!" The stream cut out for a fair bit after Sweet Child though so I didn't actually see it.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, xBrownstonex said:

It was:

dont cry

seeker

patience

paradise

That has got to be considered one of, if not the all time worst encore in the history of rock. It's unbelievable how they can't figure out how do a proper Guns N' Fuckin' Roses encore. Two ballads and The Seeker? :facepalm:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bono said:

That has got to be considered one of, if not the all time worst encore in the history of rock. It's unbelievable how they can't figure out how do a proper Guns N' Fuckin' Roses encore. Two ballads and The Seeker? :facepalm:

I don't think it is that bad.. Better than having a CD song in the encore.. 

• Like 1

Your forgetting paradise city.

most bands have their big hits in the main set and end with one big hit. We have 3 big hits and a cover. 

• Like 2

What's wrong with that

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Axl_morris said:

Your forgetting paradise city.

most bands have their big hits in the main set and end with one big hit. We have 3 big hits and a cover. 

The best encore would be Madagascar, Patience, The Seeker and Paradise City

2 minutes ago, Bono said:

Anyone who can't see how lame it is that Guns N' Fuckin' Roses plays two ballads and a shitty cover in their encore is actually the fucking tool. Of the last 9 songs they play, 6 are ballads and one is a shitty fucking cover that the vast majority of fans do not wanna hear. You can be a fan of the band and acknowledge that's a bad running order for the setlist. Pry your lips from William's the shaft for just one second for once. 

They have been playing ballads In the encore since the Illusion tour. This seems like just something else to bitch about.

3 minutes ago, ironmt said:

They have been playing ballads In the encore since the Illusion tour. This seems like just something else to bitch about.

And I've been bitching about it for a long time. Their shows end on a wimper and I thought he same thing when I was there in Vegas at the start of the tour. You call it what you want but for Guns n Roses it's a shitty choice of songs for an encore. especially when the run to end your show is 6 ballads and a shit cover in the final 9 songs. 

The only bad thing about the show tonight was the lack of security on the way in. In these times it really should be a lot more strict. Did not see anyone who searched the bags etc. 

Everything else was magic ?

• Like 1

Just now, Bono said:

And I've been bitching about it for a long time. Their shows end on a wimper and I thought he same thing when I was there in Vegas at the start of the tour. You call it what you want but for Guns n Roses it's a shitty choice of songs for an encore. especially when the run to end your show is 6 ballads and a shit cover in the final 9 songs. 

How do the shows end on a whimper with Paradise City being the finale along with the fireworks show? 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Bono said:

Sandwiched between Nightrain and Paradise City though. It flows really well. Yeah The Seeker is annoying but it's still an upbeat song. The only song I thought really did drag out the encore was Sorry. I don't think that fits at all, too depressing to be followed by Don't Cry/Patience.

This is probably one of the best encores of the tour imo.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ironmt said:

How do the shows end on a whimper with Paradise City being the finale along with the fireworks show? 

Are you serious? It's that difficult you can't understand it?  You play 2 ballads and a song that nobody gives a fuck about only to save the end of the show with PC.  I've seen it live. It's not the best way to end a show. 

Nightrain   
Out Ta Get Me  
Knockin On Heaven's Door
Paradise City

OR

Don't Cry
The Seeker
Patience
Paradise City

Now you tell me which end to the show would be more kickass. 

• Like 3

Just now, Bono said:

Are you serious? It's that difficult you can't understand it?  You play 2 ballads and a song that nobody gives a fuck about only to save the end of the show with PC.  I've seen it live. It's not the best way to end a show. 

Nightrain   
Out Ta Get Me  
Knockin On Heaven's Door
Paradise City

OR

Don't Cry
The Seeker
Patience
Paradise City

Now you tell me which end to the show would be more kickass. 

I actually understand quite perfectly.  The band gave us something that we have yet to see on this tour and you are whining about It. They have been playing ballads as part of the encore since probably before you were born and It's not going to change because you dislike It. Now, Is that to difficult for you to understand? 

• Like 1