06/27/17 -Copenhagen, DK - Telia Parken

alfierose

1 hour ago, calle_st said:

Great show! It is really strange that Axl sounds like Mickey on some videos because you cant hear that live. Civil war was great live but when I listen to a video i recorded I hear Mickey. I guess you need to see them live.

That's because the processing of the files smoothes out and flattens the sound. I said that before. Live Slash's guitar sound is sharp, edgy and it ends up much smoother and velvety on the videos. The same happens to Axl's voice but there it takes away a little bit of the raspy finish to the sound and turns it into something more Mickey. It's a subtle change but in case of his voice a hell of a lot of difference. On many songs I have recorded he still sounds great on the phone and after uploading on the computer already much worse.

The problem with your theory is the bootlegs from the classic era were recorded and proliferated with technology a heck of a lot poorer than today, often upon equipment nothing more advanced than a simple cassette recorders, and the boots with AC/DC were recorded on the very same standard of equipment! In both circumstances he sounds fantastic.

1 hour ago, calle_st said:

Great show! It is really strange that Axl sounds like Mickey on some videos because you cant hear that live. Civil war was great live but when I listen to a video i recorded I hear Mickey. I guess you need to see them live.

So... all the mobile videos, soundboards and pro shots were liars... I always knew it! 

Edited by 2414225

4 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

The problem with your theory is the bootlegs from the classic era were recorded and proliferated with technology a heck of a lot poorer than today, often upon equipment nothing more advanced than a simple cassette recorders, and the boots with AC/DC were recorded on the very same standard of equipment! In both circumstances he sounds fantastic.

The fact that they were poorer just upholds my theory because they weren't digitally processed and changed the sound less or at least differently. As for ACDC he just sings with more rasp there and that's why. But the ACDC rasp is not like his old rasp at all (thos he just doesn't have anymore) and I would personally hate to hear it in GNR songs because it just doesn't fit them at all... He's doing the right thing not singing like that.

2 minutes ago, Asia said:

The fact that they were poorer just upholds my theory because they weren't digitally processed and changed the sound less or at least differently. As for ACDC he just sings with more rasp there and that's why. But the ACDC rasp is not like his old rasp at all (thos he just doesn't have anymore) and I would personally hate to hear it in GNR songs because it just doesn't fit them at all... He's doing the right thing not singing like that.

I do not really agree. I'm not really an expert on his various 'rasps' but I thought he sounded like the old Axl on the AC/DC boots.

• Like 2

It was a cool show, particularly enjoyed Slash's solo spots this time. The cover situation is getting a bit ridiculous though imo, why are they playing Whole Lotta Rosie? It is almost like they find it too hard to play there own songs (maybe there is politics as to what they play?). Plus the reality is that as much as we would love Perfect Crime, Locomotive, they are not songs which would translate well in a stadium setting and maybe songs like Rosie are actually a better fit? 

I know 3hr set, etc etc but I just feel they should be playing more Guns N' Roses songs, maybe though, they play about as much as we can handle! Or that they just don't like some alternative cuts.

1 hour ago, Asia said:

Disagree 100%. If he sang You Could Be Mine the way he sings Shoot to Thrill this forum would collectively jizz.

• Like 2