You don't

wanna fuck with Shady

why

cause Shady

will fuckin kill you

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Kill You - Eminem 

I used to LOVE that album.  It really was a piece of class.  Even the inside booklet was made out of this grainy sort of paper.

8 minutes ago, J Dog said:

Yeah. The original yodel man.

You don't

wanna fuck with Shady

why

cause Shady

will fuckin kill you

That was like a fuckin' apex in rhyming (for the mainstream at least) on it's release.  Serial killer hiding murder matierial in a cereal box on top of ya stereo!  He was just gushing rhymes on that one.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I used to LOVE that album.  It really was a piece of class.  Even the inside booklet was made out of this grainy sort of paper.

That was like a fuckin' apex in rhyming (for the mainstream at least) on it's release.  Serial killer hiding murder matierial in a cereal box on top of ya stereo!  He was just gushing rhymes on that one.

He's rapping his ass off. I still do the vroom vroom vroom sound when he's cranking the chainsaw :lol:  That whole album is sick. Classic.

2 minutes ago, J Dog said:

He's rapping his ass off. I still do the vroom vroom vroom sound when he's cranking the chainsaw :lol:  That whole album is sick. Classic.

I ain't tryna make a big race case here but i firmly believe that if Em' was black he'd be considered fucking God.  Not that he's not VERY highly rated now but...he'd be that much fuckin' higher.  And anybody that puts Kendrick over him as has been a trend recently needs a fuckin' slap.  And not even a right hander either, a dick slap.  He's conducted himself, despite some awful fuckin' shit, really well in the community and hasn't let them down or the craft down or like...done anything that put him over as fake.  I know there was the whole Foolish Pride thing but Christ Almighty he was, what, 15?  And Benzino and Mays had a big time hard on for him.

Edited by Len Cnut

52 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I ain't tryna make a big race case here but i firmly believe that if Em' was black he'd be considered fucking God.  Not that he's not VERY highly rated now but...he'd be that much fuckin' higher.  And anybody that puts Kendrick over him as has been a trend recently needs a fuckin' slap.  And not even a right hander either, a dick slap.  He's conducted himself, despite some awful fuckin' shit, really well in the community and hasn't let them down or the craft down or like...done anything that put him over as fake.  I know there was the whole Foolish Pride thing but Christ Almighty he was, what, 15?  And Benzino and Mays had a big time hard on for him.

I've seen people nit pick him so bad. Just looking for a reason. They still keep him outside of say Rakim, Pac, Big, Nas, that crowd, like it's not possible.  Where I have him right there with them or right behind them. And Kendrick's not even close.

He does get respect where he never tried to be a certain way, he was just him. The community liked the fact that he wasn't a straight up wigga trying to be a g.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, J Dog said:

I've seen people nit pick him so bad. Just looking for a reason. They still keep him outside of say Rakim, Pac, Big, Nas, that crowd, like it's not possible.  Where I have him right there with them or right behind them. And Kendrick's not even close.

He does get respect where he never tried to be a certain way, he was just him. The community liked the fact that he wasn't a straight up wigga trying to be a g.

Thing is about Ra', he's always in a class of his own simply for that laying the foundation shit, him, KRS, Ricky D etc, to my mind, for that foundation work, you gotta separate em from the pack.  With Ra' its kinda like Marlon Brando, yeah there was acting before Brando, yeah there were good, even brilliant actors before Brando but as far as modern acting and the naturalistic style, putting a few sign pointers to one side (Paul Muni, John Garfield etc) he kinda invented the modern game, there's a clear shift in acting styles from that old school Bogart and Cagney acting and then what came after, it's like a Jesus thing, there's a BC to AD shift...and thats the same with Ra', rhyming wasn't the same after Ra'.  There might be better rhymers than him now, it may have evolved but the blueprint, the template, that multi-syllable shit, HE started that.  Now you can make it like...y'know where he had 5 or 6 syllables per bar you can do 10 or 12 or 20...but thats not really a format change or a blueprint change, thats just like, getting faster or stronger, if that makes sense?  Taking what he did and putting it on steroids.  But he to me will always get that credit for birthing the idea and, y'know, he didn't just come up with it he did some evil shit with it, that alone means you have to separate Ra' from the pack, to my mind.

As far as Nas?  Shit yeah he's as good as Nas, better even.  Jay?  Shit yeah he's as good if not better than Jay, BIG, Pac, that is his league, and i ain't white or black, i ain't backing no horse in that race, you just have to give it up for the boy, he is in that class, how you quantify who goes in what order is down to your personal taste but to say he's not in that class, not a fuckin' honour roll student in that class, is just plain ignorance to me.  

41 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Thing is about Ra', he's always in a class of his own simply for that laying the foundation shit, him, KRS, Ricky D etc, to my mind, for that foundation work, you gotta separate em from the pack.  With Ra' its kinda like Marlon Brando, yeah there was acting before Brando, yeah there were good, even brilliant actors before Brando but as far as modern acting and the naturalistic style, putting a few sign pointers to one side (Paul Muni, John Garfield etc) he kinda invented the modern game, there's a clear shift in acting styles from that old school Bogart and Cagney acting and then what came after, it's like a Jesus thing, there's a BC to AD shift...and thats the same with Ra', rhyming wasn't the same after Ra'.  There might be better rhymers than him now, it may have evolved but the blueprint, the template, that multi-syllable shit, HE started that.  Now you can make it like...y'know where he had 5 or 6 syllables per bar you can do 10 or 12 or 20...but thats not really a format change or a blueprint change, thats just like, getting faster or stronger, if that makes sense?  Taking what he did and putting it on steroids.  But he to me will always get that credit for birthing the idea and, y'know, he didn't just come up with it he did some evil shit with it, that alone means you have to separate Ra' from the pack, to my mind.

As far as Nas?  Shit yeah he's as good as Nas, better even.  Jay?  Shit yeah he's as good if not better than Jay, BIG, Pac, that is his league, and i ain't white or black, i ain't backing no horse in that race, you just have to give it up for the boy, he is in that class, how you quantify who goes in what order is down to your personal taste but to say he's not in that class, not a fuckin' honour roll student in that class, is just plain ignorance to me.  

I'd say the same thing about Rakim. He's kinda like the Beatles or Hendrix of rap. Can't really compare anyone to him.

I'd say Em's better than Nas, Jay, I got Cube and Snoop around there too. See, he won't ever get called straight up better than those types. Just won't happen.

Him and Big are right there for me.

Just me personally nobody touches Pac. They're all just a drag from his Newport.

Edited by J Dog

Just now, J Dog said:

I'd say the same thing about Rakim. He's kinds like the Beatles or Hendrix of rap. Can't really compare anyone to him.

I'd say Em's better than Nas, Jay, I got Cube and Snoop around there too. See, he won't ever get called straight up better than those types. Just won't happen.

Just me personally nobody touches Pac. They're all just a drag from his Newport.

I could pretty much agree with every word of this post.  Dare i say it, Nas and Jay, you could make a case, are overrated.  Nas, OK, illmatic as sick, It Was Written was sick...but then?  Stillmatic gets credit I suppose.  The flows fuckin' cold everytime but I'm talking album for album.  Jay, again, Reasonable Doubt is class...but then?  None of the rest, to me, are complete class except The Blueprint, despite his flows being sick on other peoples songs etc etc.  

But Em?  Slim Shady LP, MMLP, Eminem Show, thats three pure class 10 out of 10 albums right there.  Even Encore, which caught heat, wasn't bad as such, it just seemed like he was so famous that he lived in a bubble so didn't have no subject on his mind except to just...rhyme for the sake of rhyming...and he was still exceptional at that.  Then Relapse and Recovery were good jumps back into the game and MMLP2 was a return to form as far as I'm concern.  He hasn't actually made a bad album as such.  And then Devils Night, to me, was pure class.  D12 World was also stellar, if not quite as hot as Devils Night.

12 minutes ago, J Dog said:

I'd say the same thing about Rakim. He's kinda like the Beatles or Hendrix of rap. Can't really compare anyone to him.

Rakim is truly one of the best, but he never had the message. Not as much to say as 2pac. But he is supremely talented. The Beatles and Jimi had it all, Rakim is not comparable to me if we're talking importance.

I guess he was still super important for rap, just not quite reached the heights of The Beatles or Jimi. Eminem and Nas are on a comparable level I feel on paper but Eminem is just a more exciting personality and had an appeal that Nas never had. Eminem is also just a better mc. Nas brought his own special thing but Eminem is the one sitting on the throne.

Eminem never had the message 2pac had. That goes beyond his talents, 2pac never had a great flow as an mc but that is less important as Rakim's career proved.

Edited by Rovim