GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

8 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Thank you!

I dont know how the crowds were in the 90s because I was not allowed to go to shows back then. I was barely a teenager so I really don't have a parameter to compare :shrugs:

Yes, I'm glad I went. I could see Axl and Slash very very close!! at some point I only stared at them.... I remember staring at Slash when he was doing his solo in the corner of the catwalk and I was standing with my mouth open like an idiot, looool....

Axl looked amazing with all his jackets and backwards cap.... could see his face, his skin and hair, loooool.

It didn't rain in my show and it wasn't cold at the beginning, all the contrary.... it was hot... but when we left it was cold.

Ah, sorry, I don't know/forget people's ages.  I felt he same way when I went and saw them in June - just stared at them and was in awe of Slash.  I wasn't even close either!!  

4 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Me too. I couldn't find anyone to go with me and I didn't want to go alone :( 

Darn it, I woulda gone with you, except I was still lurking at the time.  I was on my own with the kids and didn't feel like dragging them along by myself for a late night so just opted out.  Would have been worth it to go after all because I also love Stevie Nicks and to see the two of them... :(

3 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

Gutted about Tom Petty.

@killuridols isn't Slash awesome? You had a good spot apart from the wankers being violent. SA crowds are a lot like the crowds used to be at punk concerts. 

Yeah, I have not very pleasant memories of rough Aussie mosh pits, especially for Silverchair in their early days. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Yes, I'm glad I went. I could see Axl and Slash very very close!! at some point I only stared at them.... I remember staring at Slash when he was doing his solo in the corner of the catwalk and I was standing with my mouth open like an idiot, looool....

I know this feeling haha. I remember staring at Axl, Slash and Duff and forgetting about the rest of the band. At one point 4tus appeared right in front of me and I thought to myself "the fuck you doing here, dude....ooooh, you're also in the band" :rofl-lol:

Omg. I'm so sorry about Tom Petty :cry:

Here's a cute picture to brighten up this day a little bit :unsure:

22220886_2018109668409166_3208505625705185280_n.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

@killuridolsI'm glad you got some enjoyment from the show, despite of those assholes trying to ruin it for everyone. They should've been thrown out. Lame ass security... 

Tom Petty R.I.P :(  Am I imagining or have famous musicians started dropping like flies recently? 

Edited by Fourteenbeers

11 minutes ago, Sekh-met said:

@killuridols nice review and glad to hear you made it out in one piece from that crazy crowd! :scared:

Thank you!!! I have bruises in all my arms and shoulders but Im alive :P

4 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

@killuridols isn't Slash awesome? You had a good spot apart from the wankers being violent. SA crowds are a lot like the crowds used to be at punk concerts. 

Yes, he is!!!  yeah, hehee... I didnt want to move from there even though it was so hard to stand still and all those assholes wanted to steal my little spot as im so tiny :cry: looool

29 minutes ago, Zoot said:

They just reported he died. :(

Damn it!!! I was listening to Free Fallin' on the car, on my way back to the airport..... that was weird that I heard it being played on the radio.... like a premonition and it was raining as hell...

11 minutes ago, Fourteenbeers said:

Lame ass security... 

:rofl-lol:

5 minutes ago, killuridols said:

all those assholes wanted to steal my little spot as im so tiny

Sorry to hear gobshites were making things hard for you! I'm also surprised to hear you're tiny. I imagined you as big, somehow. :shrugs:

16 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

I know this feeling haha. I remember staring at Axl, Slash and Duff and forgetting about the rest of the band. At one point 4tus appeared right in front of me and I thought to myself "the fuck you doing here, dude....ooooh, you're also in the band" :rofl-lol:

hahahha THIS! totally hapenned to me too :rofl-lol: 

In NuGNR times I may have noticed him but now I am just too busy watching Axl, Slash and Duff :awesomeface:
I had to gigle at my Coma video from Vienna as I lost all 3 somewhere on the stage and was basically shooting an empty stage for a few seconds and suddenly Fortus came out and I was like "huh? ah I guess he will do for now" :lol: 
I kept forgetting about him each show 

2 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Thank you!!! I have bruises in all my arms and shoulders but Im alive :P

Like a true warrior princess :headbang:wear your battle scars proudly :devilshades:

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Fourteenbeers said:

@killuridolsI'm glad you got some enjoyment from the show, despite of those assholes trying to ruin it for everyone. They should've been thrown out. Lame ass security...

Yeah, it was definitely lame...

10 minutes ago, money honey said:

Sorry to hear gobshites were making things hard for you! I'm also surprised to hear you're tiny. I imagined you as big, somehow. :shrugs:

Im big as FAT, yeah :rofl-lol: but Im short so I think of myself as tiny...... Im exaggerating, though.... Im normal height for a latinamerican woman, I think.

2 minutes ago, Sekh-met said:

Like a true warrior princess :headbang:wear your battle scars proudly :devilshades:

yeah, lol... they are WAR WOUNDS! :rofl-lol:

31 minutes ago, Fourteenbeers said:

Tom Petty R.I.P :(  Am I imagining or have famous musicians started dropping like flies recently? 

Well 2016 was a horrible year for taking our musical icons, that's for sure.  

Bloody hell Guns, put aside your damn differences and get the original 5 back even for one show? This sort of thing makes me worried because it's a miracle that they are all still alive after everything each one has been through.  I just want them to take advantage of the opportunity they have now, you know?  Play together, make new music together, do all the things while they have the chance...they can still do other things too, their side projects and what not, but do Guns N' Roses guys.  Don't take each other for granted!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, killuridols said:

1f633.png

Ok, Imma post my "review" of the show in Santiago de Chile (09/29/2017) at Estadio Monumental:

Unfortunately, I don't think I have a lot to comment other than just me being bitter about the audience because that's all I can remember :max::

1. When I got to the stadium, around 5PM or so, I entered by Duff's side.... There were a lot of people around the stage area so it really seemed hard to get a spot front row, even though when we arrived I noticed there was like a perimeter closed off right next to the VIP area. I'm not sure why there was that there but it seemed like it was either a dangerous zone or it was going to be opened up later. I wanted to stay around because if they would remove it later, I would have had a spot at the rail but then the friend I was with decided to call other friend that had been already lining up since early so we could go there with him. But he was on the Slash side and we didn't know what to do....... We had been at Duff's side last year in River and it was awesome, we got big hold of the giraffe, but we had seen very little of Axl and Slash. Only when they came close to us. So we said ok, lets go to that side for a change and faking it that we were coming back from the bathroom, we managed to get where the other friend was. Some people gave us some bad looks but ok.... Tyler Bryant was finishing their set.

2. Once in our spot, which was like in 8th row on Slash side but kinda more like to the catwalk, we waited until The Who. It didn't take long for them to get ready. So The Who begins and I don't know one single song, except for The Seeker :ph34r: (which they played in second place). People were alright, I saw some really old dudes very happy to see them live and well, I tried to go with the flow and pretend I knew something.... But then, the rather nice environment that was reigning was disturbed by a bunch of ASSHOLES who came from behind pushing and jumping, so bad and so hard that it was hard to believe they were The Who fans.

This group of idiots used all their force as a group of five to break into the first rows and attack us all by moshing around like the only ones deserving to be there were them!
    They were drunk and drugged.... they would throw themselves at each other and at all the people around them by pushing and jumping. They wanted to air-dive or whatever that is called and security gave them shit several times but they were never pulled out :anger:
    At some point, one of them dropped a GLASS BOTTLE OF LIQUOR from his pockets. I have no idea how it was possible for them to pass with a GLASS BOTTLE and when I saw it I tried to hide it.... I just can't imagine what wouild have happened with that bottle had been used as projectile to throw at the stage.

3. The Who was cool.... I kinda liked it and all people around me say they were fantastic but it didn't really make a huge impression on me :shrugs:

4. Once it finished we had to wait for Guns N' Roses...... It didn't take long either................... what I liked is the new animations they used for these shows. Pretty good and looked awesome on the big screens.
    After that, there was the Looney Tunes song, the instrumental one and Mc Bob announcing the band.

5. From this point on, don't ask me anything specific because I remember nothing.............. As soon as "Its So Easy" began, I cant explain to you the madness.... the tough guys were roughier than ever and they pushed us, hit us, made us bleed..... Not only that but a new group of violent guys came out of nowhere and did the same.
    I couldn't enjoy anything nor sing the songs.... all I could do, being the small woman that I am, is try to protect myself from being knocked out by these huge tall violent guys and try not to lose my spot.
    What I'm trying to say is that all of these assholes made their way til that point by using their piece of shit means like pushing, running, forcing themselves among people and moving in group. They didn't line up or arrived very early in the morning. I know I didn't either but I never pushed anyone or tried to hurt them so I could get their spot!

6. Ok. The songs kept coming: Brownstone, Chinese Democracy, Jungle..... don't ask me if Axl was Mickey or not, I have no idea! :lol:..... By times I couldn't hear him at all... not sure if its because I was battling my battles or the sound was shit but I didn't hear Mickey until maybe Live & Let Die or one of those slower songs.

7. I think "Better" was nice and maybe there was a Slaxl at some point... I don't remember now, in spite of having told myself that I had to memorize the Slaxl moments so I could come and tell you here later :P

8. By this time, I had moved a lot in the area that I was originally in..... One, because some guys who were there for The Who left when it ended so I advanced some places forward, but also because I was trying to run away from the bunch of assholes that wanted to ruin everybody's night and I ended up at the corner of the catwalk (Slash side) for most part of the show.
    That spot was really hard to keep because everytime Axl would come to the front and even worse when there was Axl, Slash and Duff, all of them together, people went NUTS trying to call their attention. So more pushing, more beatings, more bullshit...... everybody wanted to be there next to their idols.

9. This show didn't mean to me as much as the River Plate one because in first place, things were rough last year but I found this one to be FUGLY.... I was told by someone that Slash side is usually wilder than Duff's but I dont know if its true or not. Second, since I felt more comfortable last year, I could sing much more and remember a lot more other than fighting with drunk guys. But I can rescue some things like I was able to listen to the songs they had not played in my shows last year (Yesterdays, Whole Lotta Rosie, the Only Women Bleed Intro) plus the new added ones to the setlist (Black Hole Sun, I feel Good, Wichita Lineman).

10. I don't have a lot to say about the show, Axl's voice and sound in general because, I don't wanna be repetitive but it was impossible for me to pay a lot of attention or focus on the show details when I was fighting for my life every minute of it but all in all, I think it was a good show because people were nuts about it, singing every line and being happy when Axl or Slash or Duff came closer.

Axl seemed to be in a really great mood, joking around, saying hi.... I think at some point he commented something about Marihuana, like it smelled of marihuana or something along those lines :smiley-confused2: and he grabbed a Chilean flag, wrapped himself with it and I think that made the day of all Chileans in the stadium. Everybody wanted a picture or video of that moment and it was sublime for them.

Since I have already seen this show last year, the surprise factor wasn't there for me but I got surprised with "I feel good" because I thought they wouldn't play that one here and they did and Axl sounded really awesome! I don't know.... I think so.... maybe through videos and streams it was all Mickey but over there, things sound way different! I liked it and I had not liked it before.

Slash was great as usual, he moved around a lot, ran, chewed his gum or whatever is that thing he chews :lol:. He played his ass off as always and did his job like the guitar maestro he is! There's nothing bad to say about Slash and if there is, I don't know.... I was deaf!

Duff was amazing too but I didn't see a lot of him this time..... The few times he came in he was looking amazing and gave us all one of those looks he does, like looking straight down to the audience and making eye contact with everyone. He is cool as fuck!

The rest of the band was fine! I saw Fortus only once and from my spot I could gaze at Melissa and Frank. Melissa is more like a dancing girl than anything else :shrugs:

11. The encore was the part I enjoyed the most because slow songs put the group of assholes to sleep and then I had changed spots again... I went more to the front of Slash side.
    But things stopped being cool when Whole Lotta Rosie started and again, the psychos went nuts and started moshing again :max:
    Paradise City was the craziest thing..... Impossible to hear anything for me as everybody was pushing again..... not to mention when Slash decided to throw his picks...... :facepalm: Cant describe the madness to grab one..... they almost killed me.

12. And I think that's it........ I'm sorry if all of it sounds negative but I couldn't do much about it........... and the show was not a novelty to me but Im pretty sure it was a good show, in spite of all I went through, I didn't hear any complains regarding voice or sound and we got a bunch of songs played, so I can say I'm satisfied!

13. About "eating the ass".... I could say I did because I have advanced since last year..... I saw Axl much closer than before.... I saw in detail all of his jackets and I loved them!!! (the Wolf one, Bones, Kostabi, Black Snake Leather, the Orange & Red one, Axl/DC jacket!!!) and also his bandana/baseball cap look :wub:

14. Here I'll leave some videos I could make when life was not so tough at the show :ph34r: and this is a SLAXL moment I dedicate to my Princesses: @Andy14, @dgnr, @SerenityScorp and of course, all the other Slaxl lovers that I dont remember right now but you know who you are ;)

----

And these are some other videos...... didnt upload them all because i dont have much time now... :unsure:

1f633.png

Thank you so much for an amazing review. It felt like I was there with you feeling every bruise... Actually while reading I was getting angry. What a bunch of assholes. You have truly suffered for the GNR cause.

You must be tough because if that was me... I think I would have ended up crying. (Do Latin American women have a reputation for being tough?!) 

Of the shows I was at this year, Ireland and Buffalo, the security seemed to be really vigilant and dealing quickly with any trouble. Also responding to complaints from the audience. It sounds like security in Chile were definitely lame-ass.

12 minutes ago, Sekh-met said:

I had to gigle at my Coma video from Vienna as I lost all 3 somewhere on the stage and was basically shooting an empty stage for a few seconds and suddenly Fortus came out and I was like "huh? ah I guess he will do for now" :lol: 
I kept forgetting about him each show 

You know, we were occupied with Axl and his pen, so it's totally understandable I guess :ph34r:

I also remember when all of the big 3 were standing in front of me I thought to myself: "omg, now I'm watching Slash/Axl/Duff, so go away you two, it's too much having you all here" :rofl-lol:

Btw. I'm missing those fan meeting times, it was so much fun, both in Prague and Vienna. :headbang:

2 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

This sort of thing makes me worried because it's a miracle that they are all still alive after everything each one has been through.

Completely agree, it is a miracle. We as Guns fans have a lot to be thankful for.

• Like 3

Just now, money honey said:

You must be tough because if that was me... I think I would have ended up crying. (Do Latin American women have a reputation for being tough?!)

I didn't feel like crying, I felt like beating the shit out of them :rofl-lol: but they were taller and bigger than me so no chance.

All we could do was just repelled the pushes back and protect ourselves with our arms..... Many girls were with their boyfriends and they would protect them.... we were alone, mostly...... During Paradise City one cool guy, who saw how we were being treated decided to protect us and he repelled the asshole moshers but truth is everybody was a tough shit, specially when Slash threw his picks :facepalm:

I don't know if Latin American women have a reputation for being tough..... what does that mean? I guess no matter how tough you are, you will never win a guy, unless you're a ninja or you have a weapon... physically women cannot compete with a guy in a one-on-one battle :shrugs:

We have a really high rate of gender violence and deaths derived from it in our countries so it looks to me that none of us is tough enough.

2 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

You know, we were occupied with Axl and his pen, so it's totally understandable I guess :ph34r:

I also remember when all of the big 3 were standing in front of me I thought to myself: "omg, now I'm watching Slash/Axl/Duff, so go away you two, it's too much having you all here" :rofl-lol:

Btw. I'm missing those fan meeting times, it was so much fun, both in Prague and Vienna. :headbang:

of course :ph34r: serious matters need proper attention.

Hahaha yes that too..but have to give Fortus a thumbs up for mostly knowing his place and not obscuring our view :rofl-lol:

Me too! We gotta do that again someday! It was soo much fun indeed! ^_^ 

Everything went to shit after David Bowie died. 

RIP Tom Petty. I just watched the video of Axl performing with him the other day. So sad. :(

As much as we fight or complain about this band for whatever stupid things they've done, I'm just thankful they're all still alive, despite everything. 

• Like 4