GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

Erin go braghless?? What does that mean? Erin? :question:

Speaking of Erin.... what's going on :confused:......... David Arquette mentions dating Erin back in the 90s and apologizes to Axl for some line he had to say when he did a cameo for the teen series Beverly Hills 90210:

[Go here to watch the video]

http://ew.com/tv/2018/03/16/david-arquette-90210/

David Arquette set the record straight on his Beverly Hills, 90210 cameo. “I was the sellout there. Sorry, Axl. Please, peace be with you — and also with you,” he said with a laugh.

Arquette had been strolling down memory lane with EW’s Couch Surfing host Lola Ogunnaike, as they looked back on some of his past performances. The Scream actor appeared in a 1992 episode of 90210 as Dennis “Diesel” Stone, the lead singer of a band called Waste Management.

“I have a line within it saying, ‘Axl Rose is a sellout,’” he recalled. “Well, I’m playing Diesel Stone.”

Arquette also remembered getting a keytar to play with the band, since all the other instruments had been claimed. “I show up and the guy’s like, ‘No, man. We’re a real rock band. They’re playing our song in the show, that’s why we’re up here. And we have a drummer,'” he said.

Hence, Arquette tried to rock out hardcore on a keytar.

10 minutes ago, killuridols said:

The more you know: Erin go Bragh /ˌɛrɪn ɡə ˈbrɑː/, sometimes Erin go Braugh, is the anglicisation of an Irish language phrase, Éirinn go Brách, and is used to express allegiance to Ireland. It is most often translated as "Ireland Forever."

add some wordplay and it`s a good St.Patrick`s joke. 

Edited by Alja
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Alja said:

The more you know: Erin go Bragh /ˌɛrɪn ɡə ˈbrɑː/, sometimes Erin go Braugh, is the anglicisation of an Irish language phrase, Éirinn go Brách, and is used to express allegiance to Ireland. It is most often translated as "Ireland Forever."

add some wordplay and it`s a good St.Patrick`s joke. 

It's funny you had to google it for me.... like I was Internetless :lol:

1 minute ago, killuridols said:

It's funny you had to google it for me.... like I was Internetless :lol:

You wrote a question into the discussion you could easily google, so?

I knew that joke before, I was just not sure about proper spelling, so I checked it. I learned new thing reading the article, I`m happy.

13 minutes ago, Alja said:

You wrote a question into the discussion you could easily google, so?

I knew that joke before, I was just not sure about proper spelling, so I checked it. I learned new thing reading the article, I`m happy.

Yeah, I responded right after I saw the post and then I checked it out.

Someone else also asked before me but you are always waiting to help me ;)

So nice of you and very glad that you are happy :P

12 hours ago, purplestargirl said:

Does she have Irish ancestry? Just curious is all. I know Duff does. :) 

I probably should watch the video. I was wondering about the "braghless" part of that and didn't get the joke.

I think her and Duff were given Irish passports not long ago but it seems to be just Duff who has the Irish roots and family who live there. 

2 hours ago, killuridols said:

Speaking of Erin.... what's going on :confused:......... David Arquette mentions dating Erin back in the 90s and apologizes to Axl for some line he had to say when he did a cameo for the teen series Beverly Hills 90210:

[Go here to watch the video]

http://ew.com/tv/2018/03/16/david-arquette-90210/

Erin is a really pretty name for Ireland......but I did think it a little bit odd of Susan to use it in a post about Axl catching some woman's bra....

------------

Weird little interview with David Arquette :lol:

I remember noticing a while ago Erin follows him on Instagram and likes some of his posts. 

1 hour ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Erin is a really pretty name for Ireland......but I did think it a little bit odd of Susan to use it in a post about Axl catching some woman's bra....

Still - Axl`s admirably keen eye. :awesomeface: I think Slash would find out some bra attack only if that thing muted strings...

I just think... do that ladies bring extra bra? Because once I tried to put down an under-tee I was wearing in the concert and it was snake-woman in very crowded place experience...

Edited by Alja

1 hour ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

------------

Weird little interview with David Arquette :lol:

I remember noticing a while ago Erin follows him on Instagram and likes some of his posts. 

Erin is a name for Ireland? How so? Please explain :monkey:

Haha yes Susan is always putting foot in mouth with these things! The other time she tagged Stephanie in some #gnrwomen hashtag :facepalm:

If you think about it, all of it is crazy..... St. Patrick's day >> Ireland >> Erin? >> Erin goes braless >> Axl catches Erin's bra!! whaaaaaaaat?

Then people say Erin's trying to get attention but she keeps getting mentioned or associated with GN'R & Axl. Not her fault!! :shrugs:

8 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Erin is a name for Ireland? How so? Please explain :monkey:

Haha yes Susan is always putting foot in mouth with these things! The other time she tagged Stephanie in some #gnrwomen hashtag :facepalm:

If you think about it, all of it is crazy..... St. Patrick's day >> Ireland >> Erin? >> Erin goes braless >> Axl catches Erin's bra!! whaaaaaaaat?

Then people say Erin's trying to get attention but she keeps getting mentioned or associated with GN'R & Axl. Not her fault!! :shrugs:

I always thought Erin is an Irish name and means Ireland. I have a cousin called Erin and that is what she told me. 

I was just thinking the same about Susan and it also reminded me of when she tagged Stephanie Seymour. Susan really is that one in the group that is always putting their foot in their mouth and probably not even realising it :lol:

• Haha 1

This is what Wiki says about Éire and Erin

Difference between Éire and Erin

While Éire is simply the name for the island of Ireland in the Irish language, and sometimes used in English, Erin is a common poetic name for Ireland, as in Erin go bragh. The distinction between the two is one of the difference between cases of nouns in Irish. Éire is the nominative case, the case that (in the modern Gaelic languages) is used for nouns that are the subject of a sentence, i.e., the noun that is doing something as well as the direct object of a sentence. Erin derives from Éirinn, the Irish dative case of Éire, which has replaced the nominative case in Déise Irish and some non-standard sub-dialects elsewhere, in Scottish Gaelic (where the usual word for Ireland is Èirinn) and Manx (a form of Gaelic), where the word is spelled "Nerin," with the initial n- probably representing a fossilisation of the preposition in/an "in" (cf. Irish in Éirinn, Scottish an Èirinn/ann an Èirinn "in Ireland"). The genitive case, Éireann, is used in the Gaelic forms of the titles of companies and institutions in Ireland e.g. Iarnród Éireann (Irish Rail), Dáil Éireann (Irish Parliament), Poblacht na hÉireann (The Republic of Ireland) or Tuaisceart Éireann (Northern Ireland)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, GingerHair said:

I wish this coyote showed me the secret passage into Mr. Rose's yard. :P

I think no one here is slim enough. (thinking about summoning coyote spirit)

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

I love foxes and always chuck them food. Do you get city foxes? 

I live in the countryside so I guess they come from the fields, they're very shy and easily scared by the dog but make a huge mess of the bins :lol: we get badgers too sometimes and hedgehogs :heart:

The hooray henries around here still hunt the foxes even though they aren't meant to. Rotten bastards. 

7 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I live in the countryside so I guess they come from the fields, they're very shy and easily scared by the dog but make a huge mess of the bins :lol: we get badgers too sometimes and hedgehogs :heart:

The hooray henries around here still hunt the foxes even though they aren't meant to. Rotten bastards. 

There not city foxes then because they are not scared of humans! they're also more brown and skinny then 'real' ones. I get hedgehogs too and one of my cats keeps getting baby rabbits which he brings into the house and then i have to catch them and return them to the woods.

Are you gonna see Greta Van Fleet next month?

15 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

There not city foxes then because they are not scared of humans! they're also more brown and skinny then 'real' ones. I get hedgehogs too and one of my cats keeps getting baby rabbits which he brings into the house and then i have to catch them and return them to the woods.

Are you gonna see Greta Van Fleet next month?

I once saw a city fox in broad daylight just walking down a street in Birmingham lol apparently it's the norm there. Do you get frogs? Each year I get hundreds of baby frogs in my garden, it's amazing. Theres only me in my house who doesn't freak out about them :lol:

Greta Van Fleet are playing Download so I thought I'd check them out there. Are you going to see them? I think they're pretty good. I'm looking forward to seeing The Struts too.

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders

1 minute ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Greta Van Fleet are playing Download somi thought I'd check them out there. Are you going to see them? I think they're pretty good. I'm looking forward to seeing The Struts too.

I'm trying to get tickets for the London shows and only resale sites have them! £70 each and they're only £15 face value :max: Fucking rip off touting bastards!!

I'll probably pay it though :lol:

I don’t think I ever saw a fox outside a zoo. I envy you, they’re so beautiful. We do have wild parrots though, living in the park. They escaped the zoo and they’re big swarms.

Won’t pay any money to see GnR this year. :shrugs:

I stumbled upon Greta van Fleet a couple months ago. I think they’re really good, too.

• Like 2