GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

2 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Why have these tour dates at all? I bet they could go on touring for a long time. With breaks in between. After Europe some Asia and/or Australia. Then the States, Southen America... etc. 

Didn’t I read somewhere that Duff’s and Slash’s touring contracts last much longer than 2018, forgot the year but it wasn’t this year.

Weren't Slash and Duffs contracts meant to be up this year in January? That's what most people were saying.

35 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Angus told Angry he is writing the album, so that means Axl is just going to turn up and sing what he is told to? 

An album and tour cycle for a band the size of AC/DC is probably going to be two years minimum. 

Slash will just concern himself with SMKC. 

I can't see that there will ever be anything GnR again. I bet these upcoming Euro dates are really just a pain to all of them that they can't wait to get out of the way so they can go and do what they really want. 

:max:

Axl and the guys can handle both GNR and a side project IF THEY WANT. 

1 minute ago, Natty said:

AC/DC is not a side project....if they are recording an album and after that they tour...it will be full time for Axl..and at least 2 years.

Today I saw a Meegan Instastory, Slash playing a guitar with one member of that Conspirator band.....ughhh

But like Natty said I prefer Axl touring with AC/DC than seeing him to be a recluse...

But I want GNR!!!! 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Natty said:

I just do not see how a band the size of AC/DC can be a side project. They will tour relentlessly for about two years if an album with Axl on vocals is released. It's a full time thing, in my eyes. 

We will be waiting a minimum of two more years for anything with GnR if the AC/DC thing happens. (In my opinion). 

• Like 4

On 3/15/2018 at 11:05 PM, Gabrielaerojas said:

On 3/19/2018 at 1:46 PM, Natty said:

Baz looks a bit pissed. Steven has this smile printed on his face... :heart:

The way You said it reminds Me of comedy N'ga tragedy mask

Am I the only one who wanted Them to play slow/piano/ballad version of outro RQ?

Edited by SerenityScorp

11 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I just do not see how a band the size of AC/DC can be a side project. They will tour relentlessly for about two years if an album with Axl on vocals is released. It's a full time thing, in my eyes. 

We will be waiting a minimum of two more years for anything with GnR if the AC/DC thing happens. (In my opinion). 

yeah you could be right about the time frame. But it s better to wait 2 years and get Gnr back with hopefully a new record than nothing after European dates end... thats just my pov. 

AC/DC is a side project for us GNR fans :lol:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Natty said:

yeah you could be right about the time frame. But it s better to wait 2 years and get Gnr back with hopefully a new record than nothing after European dates end... thats just my pov. 

AC/DC is a side project for us GNR fans :lol:

I agree, don't want to seem like I am complaining about more Axl/DC, those shows are not to be missed and I will go to as many as I can. Not sure I'm going to like the album if just Angus is writing it but I will be very happy to get new Axl vocals - I just wish they were with Slash! 

I also kind of worry about the wear and tear a full AC/DC tour could do to Axl's voice, what state would he come back to GnR in? 

Also, if GnR haven't managed to put something together by now I worry they never will....never mind after a two year hiatus :( 

These kind of things bother me about all this but I guess there's not much point thinking about it, they'll do what they want regardless of what fans like me think :lol:

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders
  • Haha 1

Hey, there’s a video of a little interview with Nigel Dick who was the director of WTTJ and SCOM. He gives some insights into what happend around the filming. Apparently Axl didn’t show up for 2 days and there was this thread of one key member of the band leaving (Axl). I wasn’t aware of this being this early? I thought in those days everyone was really keen on making it?

EDIT: Found it on GnR Central’s YT channel.

Edited by Tori72
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Tori72 said:

Hey, there’s a video of a little interview with Nigel Dick who was the director of WTTJ and SCOM. He gives some insights into what happend around the filming. Apparently Axl didn’t show up for 2 days and there was this thread of one key member of the band leaving (Axl). I wasn’t aware of this being this early? I thought in those days everyone was really keen on making it?

it surprise me that part when he said that everyone been asked not to pay attention when Axl showed up, because he had to feel the vibes of the place. I thought that this behavior appeared much later..:shrugs:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Politania said:

it surprise me that part when he said that everyone been asked not to pay attention when Axl showed up, because he had to feel the vibes of the place. I thought that this behavior appeared much later..:shrugs:

Yeah, that bit surprised me, too. The more I hear about Axl the less I understand how the others could ever stand working with him. Yes he’s the greatest singer and frontman of his time but what a pain in the ass... 

And what’s even more surprising: HOW does Axl manage to be punctual all the bloody NITL tour? :rofl-lol:

9 hours ago, janrichmond said:

@Tori72 Axl has always been that way it seems, his way or the highway :shrugs: 

LOL. Love that expression :lol:

Edited by Tori72
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Yeah, that bit surprised me, too. The more I hear about Axl the less I understand how the others could ever stand working with him. Yes he’s the greatest singer and frontman of his time but what a pain in the ass... 

And what’s even more surprising: HOW does Axl manage to be punctual all the bloody NITL tour? :rofl-lol:

LOL. Love that expression :lol:

Someone's got blackmail material on him? 

1 minute ago, purplestargirl said:

Someone's got blackmail material on him? 

More blackmail than beating his girlfriends into hospital and rape charges (that have been dropped later)? Don’t really think so.

Edited by Tori72

2 hours ago, Tori72 said:

:lol: well, I quess maybe Angus told him to be a punctual, but also I think he is smart guy, so I quess he knows that in nowdays, ppl wouldnt wait 3 hours for him to show up.  it seems that reunion was his idea, so he's treating it serious. good for us ;)

- first thing you wrote: remember when he said in one of the concerts to crowd thanking to Beta , that he 's such pain in the ass. Beta must have enough strong personality, to handle his personality and behaviour. Weak person wouldn't make it  lol Do you think that his big ego stands behind it?

1 hour ago, Politania said:

:lol: well, I quess maybe Angus told him to be a punctual, but also I think he is smart guy, so I quess he knows that in nowdays, ppl wouldnt wait 3 hours for him to show up.  it seems that reunion was his idea, so he's treating it serious. good for us ;)

- first thing you wrote: remember when he said in one of the concerts to crowd thanking to Beta , that he 's such pain in the ass. Beta must have enough strong personality, to handle his personality and behaviour. Weak person wouldn't make it  lol Do you think that his big ego stands behind it?

I’m not so sure about a strong personality that will put up with this kind of behaviour. I rather think a strong person wouldn’t bother to be treated like that by him and leave... Still, with Beta it’s an employment situation and she has been something like his „mom“. Maybe that was a combination that worked.

What do you mean by your last question? 

8 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

What do you mean by your last question? 

I meant his beahviour. behaving like a big star.  for for example, that no one would look at him.  that someone can not do something, because Axl will get angry and leave. I wonder if this behavior results from the fact that someone has a big ego, he is considered to be someone special in his own eyes. There are artists who do not behave like that.

17 minutes ago, Politania said:

I meant his beahviour. behaving like a big star.  for for example, that no one would look at him.  that someone can not do something, because Axl will get angry and leave. I wonder if this behavior results from the fact that someone has a big ego, he is considered to be someone special in his own eyes. There are artists who do not behave like that.

I don’t know. We know Axl has and had mental issues. I cannot say whether his behaviour comes from a lack of humble-ness (?) and an overblown ego or from something else. :shrugs:

All I can say is I wouldn’t have liked it. :lol:

• Like 1

Izzy mentioned Axl being like this since he knew him - disappearing for days for no apparent reason and then appear like nothing happened.

My private theory based on behavioral traits is that in the way Axl`s brain most probably works, he was overwhelmed more often than wasn`t; like... filming means lot of demanding people and other distracting factors around in small space. Add his perfectionism (and it`s never as perfect as in perfectionist`s head), he tends to deliver exclusively all or nothing kind of performance (even if it sucks, he gives all he has). You have this kind person who is extremely perceptive and never got a chance to learn to deal with it in peaceful manner, rather everything he is was violated with bigger intensity than it would touch average person. There are stories about when he was insecure or indecisive, he tend to overreact, outburst and be (self)destructive.

He must have roamed around lonely in attempt to keep his mind at least a bit calm and focused. You can gulp some benzos, quaaludes, booze, dope, what not, but it doesn`t work in long run and it disconnects from both outer and inner world - and that`s essential to deliver a good performance. 

He was in unpredictable and people loved that element of danger he brought, first time since Jim Morrison, Axl was cheered for anger and aggression he delivered on stage. Then suddenly they wanted him to be business-wise, calm and predictable. 

Go like 20 years to past... there`s that woman, Janis. Basically she is insecure, vulnerable, humble girl with feelings right under her skin, Little Girl Blue. She performs like that in a style and intensity and pureness that maintains unrivaled. People wait right in the exit of the stage, before she puts her skin back on and the entourage is demanding. She develops Pearl, basically a persona which helps her protect her inner self - and Pearl is tough bitch, pretty much obnoxious asshole (according to her old friends. Entourage was careful not to let old friends in to have impact on her to say). The entourage thing is that since they arrive on pay roll, they will do basically anything to stay on pay roll. Being overactive towards protege is one of them. That`s why they can get away with truly crazy things, after some time there`s no one who would grab them, shake them and tell`em it`s too way-out, but you are still lovable. Skip 20 years back... Other thing to count in is picture of Axl people wanted to see. When he was youngster in Lafayette, he slipped in the role cops and good citizens wanted him to be. Later, being major star, it might be the same. People want headlines, mostly treat you like a milking cow to be on stage to make money in every price... Axl had no family to anchor, old friends were absent or way too much out of their heads systematically ruining themselves. Flattery, bullshit, absurdity, debauchery, excess, instability... Enough even for down to earth, self-assured personalities.

If you want nice guys, go for Bono or Dave Grohl :D 

People come as full package with their positives and negatives and many times both root in same trait. Beta could leave Axl on his highway to rock bottom as almost all people did, she didn`t, she stood for him. If I stand for someone, I usally cannot pick exact advantage I get from it, it would be calculation then. Some people may be pain in the ass, but still, what you appreciate surpass what you hate. Simple as that. Axl has some f*ckin` magic which fascinates people and gravitates them towards him. Count me in for sure. 

Axl must have find out lately how to handle his traits to work for him more than cause damage. He has his peers to click in onstage back. He is loved and respected by his childhood hero, one of the most loved and respected people of rock`n`roll. 

You recognize big ego by unresponsiveness of that person, big ego has his/her groove and attitude and leaves the feeling of that he/she doesn`t care (I say Hi to Gene Simons) or uses you, you feel it as an abyss or wall between you and that person. 

I stand for that Axl is one of the humblest and kindest people you can meet, if you treat him well. 

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

20 hours ago, Tori72 said:

Great finding, Tori!

I think he's always been unstable and weird like that but maybe in the beginning, it wasn't that noticeable because they didn't have commimments but after releasing their first album, things had starting to change in terms of responsabilities.

11 hours ago, Tori72 said:

More blackmail than beating his girlfriends into hospital and rape charges (that have been dropped later)? Don’t really think so.

With all the feminism "renaissance", I wouldn't be sleeping so tight if I was him :rolleyes: but I think what keeps him punctual on the NITL tour is all the money he's gonna be charged if he's not reliable...... also would lose reputation in the eyes of Angus and he doesn't want that.

Edited by killuridols
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, killuridols said:

With all the feminism "renaissance", I wouldn't be sleeping so tight if I was him :rolleyes: but I think what keeps him punctual on the NITL tour is all the money he's gonna be charged if he's not liable...... also would lose reputation in the eyes of Angus and he doesn't want that.

Probably, but why he cares about Angus? he fullfill his duties with AC/DC...the news that we have about Axl and AC/DC are just rumors, nothing concrete and official

3 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Probably, but why he cares about Angus? he fullfill his duties with AC/DC...the news that we have about Axl and AC/DC are just rumors, nothing concrete and official

Because he loves being the singer of AC/DC and if he goes back to his way, Angus will not call him again. That simple. Angus likes his show to begin in the right and appropiate time.

Even if they are just rumours, Im sure that if AC/DC will tour again it will be with Axl, so it cannot be discarded.

Edited by killuridols

29 minutes ago, killuridols said:

With all the feminism "renaissance", I wouldn't be sleeping so tight if I was him :rolleyes: but I think what keeps him punctual on the NITL tour is all the money he's gonna be charged if he's not liable...... also would lose reputation in the eyes of Angus and he doesn't want that.

You want to re-punish someone, who was judged, condemned, punished, and didn`t repeat certain behavior for decades, is in peace with people involved... This is not justice, but some weird attempt to solve own`s issues using well-known man. As a woman myself, I`m ashamed of this behavior disguised as feminism now being on rise. 

4 minutes ago, Alja said:

You want to re-punish someone, who was judged, condemned, punished, and didn`t repeat certain behavior for decades, is in peace with people involved... This is not justice, but some weird attempt to solve own`s issues using well-known man. As a woman myself, I`m ashamed of this behavior disguised as feminism now being on rise. 

:question:

I want to re-punish him?? How? I have no domestic violence reports against Axl :lol:

And I'm sorry but he was never "judged, condemned and punished" for what he did :rofl-lol:

He settled out of court and paid the silence of his victims but he was not sentenced in those crimes.

Edited by killuridols