GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

9 minutes ago, Wheredowegomeow said:

Me as an old lady when GNR finally get their shit together 

but also a quiet yaaay for SMKC:smiley-confused2:

Will they ever get their shit together? :shrugs:

I for one am happy with SMKC. YASSS! About time. I miss new music by Slash, interviews with Slash, behind the scenes with Slash, small venues full of die-hards with Slash, a fuckin good drummer with Slash. I never believed a GNR album would happen anyway so I'm happy Slash kept his thing going. I also hope Axl get his shit together and lay some rocker and raspy vocals in Angus' songs. 

I'll take SMKC and Axl/DC over CDII with Frank and Melissa anyday :smiley-confused2:

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 2

13 minutes ago, Wheredowegomeow said:

Agreed - I also feel like getting some music, even if it’s from ‘side projects’ is better than nothing.

This was probably agreed ages ago SMKC would make a new album, so we can live in hope something will come later on from GNR:shrugs:

True representation of how things will look when they finally get their shit together:51cc45f7d50d925362d4f14a03df0da8.jpg

I hope that you not are right😈

I feel kinda cheated to be honest. In retrospective I think they should've done an AFD 5 reunion and call it the good bye tour or something like it. Is now GN'R  side project for them? Is it the end of road for GN'R?

I don't care about Conspirators nor about Axl/DC. I'm too much of a casual fan of both bands. They are not something I was looking forward to :shrugs:

• Like 3

Why is everyone so surprised? Did you really think they were doing new music? I thought we all agreed that everything spoke against it.

I don’t care so much, really. Without Izzy and Steven and with Frank and Melissa it wouldn’t feel like a Guns n Roses album for me anyway. So I’m like meh. :shrugs:

I do feel sorry for you girls and guys who are disappointed now. :hug:

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Tori72 said:

Why is everyone so surprised? Did you really think they were doing new music? I thought we all agreed that everything spoke against it.

I don’t care so much, really. Without Izzy and Steven and with Frank and Melissa it wouldn’t feel like a Guns n Roses album for me anyway. So I’m like meh. :shrugs:

Tori knows it all from ages before and thus she never suffers :lol:

14 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Let me put it this way. Why is Axl interested in making an album with Angus but not with Slash? I really don't think Angus is going on tour without a new album. We still don't have confirmation regading Axl/DC but there are strong rumors

1 minute ago, Padme said:

Let me put it this way. Why is Axl interested in making an album with Angus but not with Slash? I really don't think Angus is going on tour without a new album. We still don't have confirmation regading Axl/DC but there are strong rumors

Probably because with Angus he doesn’t have to write anything. Maybe some lyrics here and there. GnR is his heart and soul, he feels responsible for every little thing there. With ACDC not so much. They’re a running system for years, even without Malcom. Don’t think anything but his singing is needed there. Also, writing with Slash might open old conflicts again. It might be just more difficult to tackle that and make it happen.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Tori72 said:

Probably because with Angus he doesn’t have to write anything. Maybe some lyrics here and there. GnR is his heart and soul, he feels responsible for every little thing there. With ACDC not so much. They’re a running system for years, even without Malcom. Don’t think anything but his singing is needed there. Also, writing with Slash might open old conflicts again. It might be just more difficult to tackle that and make it happen.

And GN'R doesn't have to be a pain in the ass for Axl either. He could let Slash, Izzy, Duff and Adler/Sorum do the hard work. Then Axl could add his 2 cents here and there as well. Nobody is asking for another AFD. Nor anyone is asking for another NR or Coma. They could just make another Lies oriented album or maybe a 10 songs album with as mix of everything. At this point we will be happy with an album of whatever. They can still play the hits at shows. The album could be just a mere excuse for touring

Just now, Padme said:

And GN'R doesn't have to be a pain in the ass for Axl either. He could let Slash, Izzy, Duff and Adler/Sorum do the hard work. Then Axl could add his 2 cents here and there as well. Nobody is asking for another AFD. Nor anyone is asking for another NR or Coma. They could just make another Lies oriented album or maybe a 10 songs album with as mix of everything. At this point we will be happy with an album of whatever. They can still play the hits at shows. The album could be just a mere excuse for touring

I know! I SO wished he would do that. Absolutely. But this is not how Axl works, thinks, lives, feels and we all know it. So meh :shrugs::max:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

I know! I SO wished he would do that. Absolutely. But this is not how Axl works, thinks, lives, feels and we all know it. So meh :shrugs::max:

So he just feels and thinks about GN'R as a money machine? For how long without a new album? In one year or two this momentum will be gone. Because Axl will be with Angus and Slash with Myles. They have to figure out what to do with GN'R. If this upcoming Euro tour is the end of it. They better say it. Now if they plan to go on. They have to add something different or new

15 hours ago, PaperDoll said:

You keep bringing up your PhD. I don’t think I’ve ever brought it up, but I work for NASA, and a PhD just means you know a lot about a little. And if you have to keep bringing it up to bolster an argument, your argument isn’t worth the paper your PhD was printed on. 

Axl beat women. His previous experience of abuse might be a reason, but it’s not an excuse.

He should at this point in his life apologize for what he’s done to the women he beat and maybe find forgiveness. Then maybe he’ll have peace. Maybe he is deeply sorry, now. I hope so.

This educational thing is quiet older thing here in the thread; I mentioned it as time-consuming activity focused on a very little piece of knowledge. 

I`ve never said Axl wasn`t violent or dangerous. Constant message about Axl is that he`s not a guy who will apologize with words, he has his own ways - so I don`t think he will ever start. His current behavior is screaming and bright example how much you can overcome, I prefer acts over words. If he openly started any campaign dedicated to female victim of domestic violence, he would be blamed for hypocrisy; basically there`s not any active move he can do, he stays passive.

People are vulnerable different ways and physical abuse is just one of the ways, the most visible one. I was bullied by women, there was never a single episode of physical violence, but it was rough and vicious. 

19 hours ago, killuridols said:

This is utter BS. A well done divorce will allow the father to see his children if they get to live with the mother. When children grow up can choose who to live with. Reasons to be separated from kids would be if the man is violent towards the mother and/or the kids. Divorces are more common than marriages nowadays and every country has their own legal system but in general, there is no problem with it.

You are again choosing to focus on the exceptions, not the norm, because you can't prove your points.

Exception is a thing which makes you rethink whole theory. Divorces cannot be more frequent than marriages, c`mon, connect some neurons... If a woman has no respect for her husband, it`s still dirt easy for her to get custody with very limited contact with father.

:facepalm:

Most women are not trained and do not own guns/knives. Most women do not defend themselves in such a violent way. If what you say was true, we wouldn't have so many women murdered at the hands of their male partners.

All this stuff is stored in kitchen. Guns not much here (strict gun laws, no tradition...), but lots of lethal stuff is. Women rather physically abuse children or elderly people. So still I stand more for size theory than sex. 

Of course, sweetheart. This is now, not then.

You are able to feel such empowerment in 2018 thanks to the struggle of so many women and feminists who fought for your rights during a whole century.

Men did not put you in this place of freedom. Women did. But it is so easy to bite the hand that feeds and to forget who came before you.

There are ungrateful beings everywhere.

To say, I work in a field very similar my grandma worked in and nothing much changed. Women who opt to go further in their career usually slip to men working habits, including sacrificing time spent with family; many of them are immoderate tough. Most women prefer rising family over career until today. I`m all for 1st wave of feminism and citizen rights for all people equally, also 60s revolution on reproductive rights had some good points, but this is crazy and over the top; if it was focused on overall people, OK, each and every one of us have own struggles, but pointing out women, making positive discrimination instead of going for actual skills or forcing me somewhere I don`t want to be, no please.

I`m not as same as men, I am woman, I have my own ways and I can do stuff men can`t - and believe me or not, it works.

Smart women have always make their way, they just don`t kick out the door and scream and cry. 

End of derailing. Howgh. Good night.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Alja said:

All this stuff is stored in kitchen.

Well thank god us women never leave the kitchen! :facepalm::lol:

---

I'm happy about SMKC. Not surprised either, but I'm sorry to those of you that are disappointed

giphy.gif

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Padme said:

So he just feels and thinks about GN'R as a money machine? For how long without a new album? In one year or two this momentum will be gone. Because Axl will be with Angus and Slash with Myles. They have to figure out what to do with GN'R. If this upcoming Euro tour is the end of it. They better say it. Now if they plan to go on. They have to add something different or new

I agree. Acting functional, logical and somewhat open and communicative is not our band... Their momentum will pass and that will be it. Or they just continue touring until the venues get (compared to stadiums) embarrassingly small... :shrugs:

2 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

I agree. Acting functional, logical and somewhat open and communicative is not our band... Their momentum will pass and that will be it. Or they just continue touring until the venues get (compared to stadiums) embarrassingly small... :shrugs:

There is no huge cash in a Vegas residency.