GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

No, girls. I think he is talking about someone new. "From the past decade" means someone who broke through somewhat recently.

I dont know... that's the way I interpret his hints. It is someone kinda new but also, an "entertainer", so its just not a singer... more like a complete artist.

I'm scratching my head but I cant figure it out! :facepalm:.... and loved by millions of Americans?? Not many fit that description!

Could be some winner of American Idol or shows like that? :question:

• Like 2

'One of the best live entertainers' is just Steven's opinion, of course. I can find some local guy the best entertainer in the world as well.

But this singer is loved by 'millions and millions of Americans'. That could point to American Idol or something like that. He's not saying he's loved by millions all over the world. Hm.

It's probably a young guy whose career hasn't taken off yet and who doesn't take any risks doing this.

Grmbl, it's annoying we'll have to wait like six more weeks until we find out.

Reading comprehension, anyone? :lol:

The key is in "loved by millions of Americans", so that excludes worldwide upper famous dudes.

And 'live entertainer' is also another tight clue because it means it is not solely a singer, more like a performer, a frontman, someone very histrionic so it could be an actor as well, right?

55 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Bach, Corey, Jack Black, Marilyn Manson, Scott Stapp, M Shadows are all people I could see doing that. My money is on JB. If it can be Jack Black it could even be someone like Weird Al lol.. he chose "entertainers" instead of singers so that's something.

I like Jack Black but he would just go into comedy mode for sure. I know it'd make me laugh the first couple of shows but then it'd get old really quick. 

22 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Reading comprehension, anyone? :lol:

The key is in "loved by millions of Americans", so that excludes worldwide upper famous dudes.

And 'live entertainer' is also another tight clue because it means it is not solely a singer, more like a performer, a frontman, someone very histrionic so it could be an actor as well, right?

Hm. live entainer fits Baz as well cause he did broadway shows and he acted in Gilmore girls. but he is loved by many nations not only americans.

you could be right with american idol. but I dont know any american stars from that show or genre.

2 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Brian Johnson :lol:

Now, that would be hilarious :lol: Axl rockin Back in Black and Brian rockin the livin shit out of WTTJ! Poor AC/DC fans, they would have the biggest meltdown in history :rofl-lol:

• GNFNR 1
  • Haha 3

28 minutes ago, Natty said:

Hm. live entainer fits Baz as well cause he did broadway shows and he acted in Gilmore girls. but he is loved by many nations not only americans.

you could be right with american idol. but I dont know any american stars from that show or genre.

I dont think it is Baz. He does not fit in the description at all, unless Steven is being pretty generous and nice (which he usually is).

Not loved by "millions of Americans", not even in other nations. He is a live singer but he is not that kind of performer Steven describes, certainly not "the best of the past decade". Baz prime was in the 80's-90's and not even then he was considered the best of anything.

I love Baz but he is nowhere close of being a worldwide acclaimed rockstar, adored by "millions".

I do think Baz is the one that makes the most sense. Of course it would mean Steven is exaggerating but that wouldn't be shocking.

They've been friends for decades, Sebastian claims to have written part of "Wasted Time" about Steven and probably the entertainer thing Steven talks about is because Baz did a couple of reality shows (a country one, a rap one, one to lose weight, the one imitating other musicians, one with Scott Ian, Ted Nugent, Jason Bonham and some dude from Biohazard) and he even won at least one, which could mean a certain degree of popularity.

It would be odd to see him singing all the GNR songs, though, and I think he doesn't have what it takes to do it these days.

Dammit, Steven, did you have to go on GNR mode and make it a secret? :lol:

• Like 1

I do think Steven isn't that careful with his choice of words and isn't anal about being like totally correct about wordings. That mistake in the "past decade" sentence could mean the past decade or past decades instead. That surely makes it harder to guess, lol.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

2 minutes ago, Wheredowegomeow said:

Some interesting guesses on that Facebook post...Corey Taylor from slipknot is one I thought of that I saw there too. He’s got a good voice when he’s not shouting :P

also people suggesting myles Kennedy :facepalm:

and some guy called “Axel” - not sure who he is :awesomeface:

would be a fu**in nightmare Myles Kennedy.   I am sure it s not him. 

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Isn't Stone Sour on tour this year? 

But doesnt it sound like a one time thing? The Steven show?

BTW Baz is recording an album so I don't know if he would be up for playing shows, although Baz is up to anything you offer him with an audience, lol :tongue2:

16 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Isn't Stone Sour on tour this year? 

Ah yeah they are, just checked.

Perry Farrell from Jane’s Addiction? Billie Joe Armstrong from Green Day maybe (lol only cos he inducted GNR into the rock n roll hall of fame)

Been trying to think of people who were biggish not that long ago...honestly I’m stumped :shrugs:

Edited by Wheredowegomeow

5 minutes ago, killuridols said:

But doesnt it sound like a one time thing? The Steven show?

I was under the impression the mysterious singer would go on tour with him in Australia as well?