GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

4 minutes ago, Lio said:

I was under the impression the mysterious singer would go on tour with him in Australia as well?

Oh. :o

Maybe you're right.

Then it is none of those guys people named before. Has got to be someone non-committed by the moment. Baz is making an album.

I'm sure it's an American Idol guy or from The Voice... maybe Adam Lambert :question:

I was thinking it sounds like a one time thing only. No one that I've seen has thrown out Jared Leto's name. He's certainly a huge entertainer of the last decade. Seriously I don't see Leto doing anything with Steven but he matches the description. 

• Like 2

Sorry girls ... Can I derail the discussion for a sec? Or have like a sidenote-discussion?

Ok, always wanted to ask: WHY did Green Day induct GnR to the Hall of Fame? And why in that respectless manner? Did GnR did anything with Green Day before? I never understood that.

Yeah, I thought of Leto but he's not a great entertainer or anything of that sort.... He's a big GN'R fan though, but he's really a failure with his band :lol:

I also thought of Jim Carrey :rofl-lol: and Corey Taylor fits the description a bit more, not so much the part of "loved by millions" though :ph34r:

That's why I think of someone from one of those TV reality shows because usually those guys are popular and liked by many and are also somewhat talented, lol

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Wheredowegomeow said:

Ah yeah they are, just checked.

Perry Farrell from Jane’s Addiction? Billie Joe Armstrong from Green Day maybe (lol only cos he inducted GNR into the rock n roll hall of fame)

Been trying to think of people who were biggish not that long ago...honestly I’m stumped :shrugs:

Gerard Way or the guy from Fall Out Boy? 

:smiley-confused2:

5 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Yeah, I thought of Leto but he's not a great entertainer or anything of that sort.... He's a big GN'R fan though, but he's really a failure with his band :lol:

I also thought of Jim Carrey :rofl-lol: and Corey Taylor fits the description a bit more, not so much the part of "loved by millions" though :ph34r:

That's why I think of someone from one of those TV reality shows because usually those guys are popular and liked by many and are also somewhat talented, lol

Isn't Lambert with Queen or in broadway? The only other rocker I can think of winning won several years ago and had a great rock scream. I could see him covering GnR songs but can't remember his name and I would say very few idol winners are really great entertainers. I can only remember 3 of the past winners name 😆

6 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Oh. :o

Maybe you're right.

Then it is none of those guys people named before. Has got to be someone non-committed by the moment. Baz is making an album.

I'm sure it's an American Idol guy or from The Voice... maybe Adam Lambert :question:

I thought of Adam Lambert, too, but Queen's tour starts on June 7 in Lisbon, while Adler wraps up in Australia on May 26.  Not much of a break there. 

He could sing it for sure, but it's a big step down from Queen to Adler.  :P

10 minutes ago, Rocketqueen76 said:

Chris Daughtry maybe? Can’t think of anyone else who fits the past decade description. My other guess would have been Chris Robinson...but again an older entertainer.

This one could be too.

Edited by killuridols
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Kwick1 said:

I was thinking it sounds like a one time thing only. No one that I've seen has thrown out Jared Leto's name. He's certainly a huge entertainer of the last decade. Seriously I don't see Leto doing anything with Steven but he matches the description. 

He calls him his 'new lead singer'. That doesn't sound like a one off to me. Wouldn't he call him a 'special guest' if it was a one off thing? New lead singer isn't for one show, surely. Although you never know in the GNR world.

• Like 1

The best American Idol rocker I can recall after Daughtry is James Durbin, but I don't think he's loved by "millions".  Plus he's on tour as the new lead singer of Quiet Riot*, so no.  

Chris Robinson's current stuff with his Brotherhood seems pretty snoozy compared to AFD.  

* Worthless trivia:  Quiet Riot's guitarist Alex Grossi is also in Dizzy's band Hookers & Blow.  

Edited by triad
  • Like 2

Could be someone from THE VOICE or AMERICA'S GOT TALENT, too, right? :question:

3 minutes ago, Lio said:

I wouldn't take that 'millions and millions' too literally. He's bound to make him sound bigger and better than he is. It's promo for his shows.

I'd take that part as some sort of hyperbole/hinting that the person was voted by millions in a singing/performers contest. It is the only thing that makes sense if we want to shape it into those words.

Edited by killuridols

1 minute ago, killuridols said:

Could be someone from THE VOICE or AMERICA'S GOT TALENT, too, right? :question:

Sure, but I hardly watched The Voice, and never watched AGT, so what do I know?  :lol:

30 minutes ago, Kwick1 said:

Isn't Lambert with Queen or in broadway? The only other rocker I can think of winning won several years ago and had a great rock scream. I could see him covering GnR songs but can't remember his name and I would say very few idol winners are really great entertainers. I can only remember 3 of the past winners name 😆

Would be Adam Levine? I think he match Steven said?😏

24 minutes ago, Lio said:

I wouldn't take that 'millions and millions' too literally. He's bound to make him sound bigger and better than he is. It's promo for his shows.

Steven is like Slash lie to look cool :P