GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

6 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I'm not so sure that Slash would be eager to make new music with GnR. Although he had been more open to the prospect of a reunion when the topic came up in his pre-threeunion interviews, he always talked about it in terms of playing live "for the fans"; he never expressed a desire to get in the studio with Axl again or referred to it as a possibility.

Moreover, Slash is now used to working in the studio in a certain way: writing the music by himself and then giving it to Myles to write lyrics and lay vocals; also calling the shots and deciding the sound, the production, the timeline etc. Maybe he would do new music with GnR if it could be done this way. But Axl doesn't work like that (he'll do it only with AC/DC because it's not his band) and he knows it. Would he be willing to get out of his ways and put himself in the process of working with Axl again?

You are right, but after almost 2 years in the road, don't you see a possibility of record an album with your mates? And Axl desire of release more music? In China Exchange he said he was eager to release more GNR music...in my opinion the only way to do it succesfully is with Slash.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

You are right, but after almost 2 years in the road, don't you see a possibility of record an album with your mates? And Axl desire of release more music? In China Exchange he said he was eager to release more GNR music...in my opinion the only way to do it succesfully is with Slash.

Yes, that would be the "normal" thing to do. I just think that this time the "abnormal" may not be all on Axl, but a mutual thing.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

2018 2019 and 2020! 

So, that means there will definitely be nothing with GnR for a very long time if ever again. 

I have no problem with that.

However, I think there will still be more GnR stuff coming, shows and such. And honestly there's a lot more involved with GnR doing a new album than SMKC. 

13 hours ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Im not sure he is "eager" to release music with Guns. 

He said he would like to and more in the tone of "if everything fits right". 

Slash knows Axl will take years to decide a concept or idea for a new album. Maybe he recorded some things and handed them to Axl for him to start playing with Protools. In the meantime, Slash does his SMKC thing, which is faster and certain to happen.

We know nothing and we can only hope that there will be a GN'R album sooner than later but the sad truth is that Slash is now committed to SMKC and if those hashtags are true, he will be available in 2020 :facepalm:

Unless Axl calls his nuGuns back so to release the second part of CD :unsure:

• Like 1

@killuridols agree with your previous post but don't you think it odd that Axl hasn't released anything at all for many years? Is it lack of confidence? i mean in regards to writing as he is still a very confident performer. I thought he might of at least collaborated with other singers/bands. I don't understand Axl.

We really dont know the reason why arent they recording an album. It also seems as we blame, most of the time Axl for that.  Maybe we are wrong.what if he was the one ready to do a new record, and other guys commitments (spelling?!) Stopped the process??😔

46 minutes ago, Politania said:

We really dont know the reason why arent they recording an album. It also seems as we blame, most of the time Axl for that.  Maybe we are wrong.what if he was the one ready to do a new record, and other guys commitments (spelling?!) Stopped the process??

Maybe they tried and it didn't work? Maybe they don't want to risk it....it's hard to guess but that's all we can do :shrugs:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, janrichmond said:

@killuridols agree with your previous post but don't you think it odd that Axl hasn't released anything at all for many years? Is it lack of confidence? i mean in regards to writing as he is still a very confident performer. I thought he might of at least collaborated with other singers/bands. I don't understand Axl.

No, I dont think its odd... lol 😂

Axl lost his spark as an artist. That CD isnt all that great. Some of the lyrics are lame and are far from what he produced in the 90s.

I think Axl gave into the bourgeoisie :P He stopped living the things that used to inspire him. He has no interesting stories to tell... or at least, they are not coming out in the proper way.

Maybe he considers he has nothing to say and thats why he doesnt wanna release anything.... :shrugs:

Making albums is a big deal for him. He makes statements, more than just music.

Ok! There's two things posted in the Social Media thread that we do need to discuss here.

1- 

14 hours ago, Silent Jay said:

I mean LOL. This is so Axl :rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

2-

4 hours ago, Gimpy Hewitt said:

Okay I think I have it figured out. I’ve 100% convinced myself that this is an overdub from Appetite for Democracy. Just listen to the Audio from both side by side. 

Again: LOL. So much LOL. They're really using a Ashba solo on a NITL video :lol: This fuckin band. This fuckin band management. This fuckin band :facepalm::facepalm: Not sure if to laugh or to cry :shrugs: Guess they're not really happy with SMKC :P 

Edited by dgnr
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, dgnr said:

Ok! There's two things posted in the Social Media thread that we do need to discuss here.

1- 

2-

Again: LOL. So much LOL. They're really using a Ashba solo on a NITL video :lol: This fuckin band. This fuckin band management. This fuckin band :facepalm::facepalm: Not sure if to laugh or to cry :shrugs: Guess they're not really happy with SMKC :P 

Yes I saw that story last night on Jimmy Fallon......I laugh.

They are not using anything from NITL in Social Media....they use the music recorded or live from the past....is not new. 

I guess team Brazil, they are ok with Slash and his project, they like the related posts in Instagram, besides is a project that Slash is working since december....I don't think the news affected them, because is obvious now that the NITL tour in Europe was working around Slash schedule and probably Axl's. 

Edited by Georgina Arriaga

10 minutes ago, Lio said:

I'm really hoping this is just a fuck-up from a social media person. Judging by the stuff they usually post, I'm hopeful it isn't someone high up like Fernando doing it.

I really hope so too, especially since they told Ashba off for repeatedly hash-tagging Guns N' Roses and Axl as a way to get attention only a couple of months ago! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

I'm gonna repeat myself but the person who runs their social media is an idiot. Their communication with fans sucks major ass, doesn't it? 

There are many things they started but never finished. Like the short videos they used to post after each show, or the guitar picks giveaway, why do they do it only in chosen cities? It doesn't cost them anything to hide the picks somewhere in every city they play, now it only looks they prefer certain fans to others. Or why haven't they published photos from all of the shows on Nightrain? There are still some missing. 

All of this gives an impression they just don't care. It's a pity. 

It most certainly seems as if they don't care! Or they've just put someone in charge of social media who is totally incompetent, out of some misplaced nepotism. Which also shows they don't care enough about the fans at the very least.

And let's be honest, it's not just social media, as we all know. It's also the neglect of the Nightrain fan club and the merch store (a housewife selling off second hand children's clothing or handmade jewellery runs her e-shop far more efficiently than GNR!).

Its glaring incompetence on all levels shows that they don't care.

16 minutes ago, Lio said:

And let's be honest, it's not just social media, as we all know. It's also the neglect of the Nightrain fan club and the merch store (a housewife selling off second hand children's clothing or handmade jewellery runs her e-shop far more efficiently than GNR!).

I had to laugh when they offered Christmas cards and ornaments just a few days before Christmas. But I want to believe they meant it for the next Christmas. :ph34r:

Or their calendar, they could have easily done without the first 5 months or so as they started selling it in December. It's probably about time they made 2019 calendar. Now the question is - how many months in the calendar will Dj Ashba get? :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, dgnr said:

1- 

Just watched it. Can’t believe how UNCOOL he is. Who is offended by a bloody comedian doing his thing and kind of announcing the next act AND teasing for the most stand-outish running gag on GnR? :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: Axl will forever be mocked because of stuff like that and rightfully so. :max:

Edited by Tori72
  • Like 2
  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Just watched it. Can’t believe how UNCOOL he is. Who is offended by a bloody comedian doing his thing and kind of announcing the next act AND teasing for the most stand-outish running gag on GnR? :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: Axl will forever be mocked because of stuff like that and rightfully so. :max:

Like... it`s certain art of getting on with people to know which buttons not to push. He hit sensitive spot. Happens (you never know where they are hidden). If you need much more effort than most people to archive certain commonplace thing and you success and still someone puts you down, gosh, it hurts. 

I don`t get your concept of forever mocking, it never helped anything.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Andy14 said:

I had to laugh when they offered Christmas cards and ornaments just a few days before Christmas. But I want to believe they meant it for the next Christmas. :ph34r:

Or their calendar, they could have easily done without the first 5 months or so as they started selling it in December. It's probably about time they made 2019 calendar. Now the question is - how many months in the calendar will Dj Ashba get? :lol:

And they manage to do that EVERY time. Halloween, Valentine, St Patrick's... Always like a week beforehand. It's like they're doing it on purpose just to piss the fans off. But you're right, it makes me laugh now every time I see them announcing stuff like that, with the disclaimer they can't guarantee delivery before said holiday :lol: It's much better to laugh at stuff like that than to get annoyed. Then again, I never feel tempted to get the stuff, so I'm not the one that has to tell a loved one their present didn't arrive in time.

• Like 1