GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

The only wildlife I see around my apartment are the birds that fly up to the bird feeder. My asshole of a cat like to chase them away. 

4 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I think her and Duff were given Irish passports not long ago but it seems to be just Duff who has the Irish roots and family who live there. 

I think it's funny when people claim Irish pride when they don't seem to have Irish roots. I knew about Duff's Irish roots because it was found that his maternal grandparents were Irish immigrants to the States and he talked about being at a family get-together in Ireland in his autobiography. One of his Irish aunts had made a comment about him drinking too much at the time when she was drunker than he was. Irish pride via marriage, I guess? :shrugs: 

3 hours ago, killuridols said:

Haha yes Susan is always putting foot in mouth with these things! The other time she tagged Stephanie in some #gnrwomen hashtag :facepalm:

Sounds like she's coming off as ditzy in these situations when she is definitely not ditzy at all. Just my observation.

27 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Omg you girls complain about getting foxes and hedgehogs and rabbits in your backyards?? :max:

I only get rats and doves and parrots :facepalm: (though not in the backyard, lol)

No i love the animals we get! You get parrots? that's so nice! We don't have brightly coloured birds here they are all quite dull. I did get a magpie come down the chimney in my lounge and he sat on the curtain pole...there was soot everywhere but i was excited about the bird :lol:

34 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Omg you girls complain about getting foxes and hedgehogs and rabbits in your backyards?? :max:

I only get rats and doves and parrots :facepalm: (though not in the backyard, lol)

Parrots are pretty cool though, aren't they? And doves. 

3 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

No i love the animals we get! You get parrots? that's so nice! We don't have brightly coloured birds here they are all quite dull. I did get a magpie come down the chimney in my lounge and he sat on the curtain pole...there was soot everywhere but i was excited about the bird :lol:

Isn't a magpie on its own meant to be bad luck, like you shouldn't look at a singular magpie only look at them if there's two! :nervous:

1 minute ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Isn't a magpie on its own meant to be bad luck, like you shouldn't look at a singular magpie only look at them if there's two! :nervous:

The bad luck was soot on my ceiling, floor and everything inbetween:P you salute a single magpie and you'll be fine ;) Superstitions are mental though :lol: *crosses fingers and touches wood :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

The bad luck was soot on my ceiling, floor and everything inbetween:P you salute a single magpie and you'll be fine ;) Superstitions are mental though :lol: *crosses fingers and touches wood :lol:

Yeah, superstitions are pretty mental....but I will walk out into the road rather than walk under a ladder :lol:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Yeah, superstitions are pretty mental....but I will walk out into the road rather than walk under a ladder :lol:

Haha - I know the feeling. This is when I walk under the ladder to prove myself how much I don’t give a shit. lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Where do you all find those cute animals? I only have frogs, little lizards, plus medium lizards and harmless snakes in the summer, on my backyard. Slash would love it here :P  My dog does, he loves to run after them, chasing them around, but when it's one of the medium lizards he actually regrets it and starts running from them, cause he is afraid of them. It's kinda cute :P 

Anyway, keeping it cute :wub::heart::wub:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, purplestargirl said:

One of his Irish aunts had made a comment about him drinking too much at the time when she was drunker than he was. Irish pride via marriage, I guess? :shrugs: 

Sounds like she's coming off as ditzy in these situations when she is definitely not ditzy at all. Just my observation.

Hmm... Not that I want to come off as defending Susan but I will... 😂

I mean, that St. Patrick festivity is been appropriated by other cultures and nations that have nothing to do with Ireland..... Even places like my country "celebrate" the St. Patrick day and unfortunately it is not because people here give a damn about Ireland but because they only care about beer and drinking like there's no tomorrow. 

So saying that Susan is boasting some vicarious Irish pride is to be unaware of what the rest of the world does every year..... And with this Im not saying she's less of a "poser", as you portray her, but if I have to think of the people around me who also pose for this calendar date, I'd say they win Susan by far.

Now the Erin goes brahless thing is...weird... to say the least. I wonder if Duff explained to her these things. I dont know. Susan was not there like Meegan. Im not sure how much she knows about it. :shrugs:

3 hours ago, janrichmond said:

No i love the animals we get! You get parrots? that's so nice! We don't have brightly coloured birds here they are all quite dull. 

I guess it has to do with geography, basically.

I live in a banana republic in the monkeyland side of America, so it is normal I get fucking parrots and monkeys and anacondas, while you guys get beautiful foxes and rabbits and other cute furry things. :lol:

3 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Parrots are pretty cool though, aren't they? And doves. 

Lol, no they aren't. Especially in summer it is when they come out to visit me :max:

They stay in a tree outside my building and they scream like bitches, mostly when it is a very hot day.

The doves are nicer but they became a plague in my city so they had to exterminate them because they reproduce like rabbits and the problem with them are the diseases they transfer to humans and the damage their feces cause to buildings and anything that it is outside, unprotected. 

Edited by killuridols
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I live in a banana republic in the monkeyland side of America, so it is normal I get fucking parrots and monkeys and anacondas, while you guys get beautiful foxes and rabbits and other cute furry things. :lol:

Lol, no they aren't. Especially in summer it is when they come out to visit me :max:

They stay in a tree outside my building and they scream like bitches, mostly when it is a very hot day.

Omg, the descriptions!  :lol:

Edited by triad

4 minutes ago, triad said:

Omg, the descriptions!  :lol:

:unsure:

I am very very very upset today with the recent events in Brazil and the disaster of economy in my country... And the more I read, the madder I get....

We won the "best red wine in the world" prize and we have many cool things but we are always sunk in misery.

This is why we are a republica bananera, full of parrots and monkeys. They are beautiful animals and pretty bright to be animals, but they are still animals without reasoning.

• Sad 1

34 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I am very very very upset today with the recent events in Brazil and the disaster of economy in my country... And the more I read, the madder I get....

We won the "best red wine in the world" prize and we have many cool things but we are always sunk in misery.

This is why we are a republica bananera, full of parrots and monkeys. They are beautiful animals and pretty bright to be animals, but they are still animals without reasoning.

Thanks for reminding me to look beyond the headlines around here (Trump) and read some news of Argentina and Brazil.  Keep fighting the good fight!  

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, killuridols said:

Hmm... Not that I want to come off as defending Susan but I will... 😂

I mean, that St. Patrick festivity is been appropriated by other cultures and nations that have nothing to do with Ireland..... Even places like my country "celebrate" the St. Patrick day and unfortunately it is not because people here give a damn about Ireland but because they only care about beer and drinking like there's no tomorrow. 

So saying that Susan is boasting some vicarious Irish pride is to be unaware of what the rest of the world does every year..... And with this Im not saying she's less of a "poser", as you portray her, but if I have to think of the people around me who also pose for this calendar date, I'd say they win Susan by far.

Now the Erin goes brahless thing is...weird... to say the least. I wonder if Duff explained to her these things. I dont know. Susan was not there like Meegan. Im not sure how much she knows about it. :shrugs:

:facepalm: Now that was me be ditzy in regards to the Irish pride thing. I apologize for that. Also I know some people who have Irish ancestry that despise St. Patrick's Day but that's a whole nother topic on why. I'm not one of them; one of my maternal great-great grandmothers was an Irish immigrant from Dublin and my biological maternal grandfather is one quarter Irish because of that as it was his maternal grandmother. I think it was Someone posted that whole family history online and I happened to run across it. But anyways, moving back on topic.

If anything, Duff should explain to her how tagging Axl's past spouses is not appropriate as neither of those relationships turned out well. He was there too so that's my reasoning on that. The whole "Erin go braghless" sounds like it was a bad joke and I don't think it had anything to do with Erin Everly. Someone, however, decided to tag her on that video when I'm certain Su had no intention of making a reference there. I also recall Duff saying there are things he refuses to tell his wife regarding Guns' past so I am not certain on how much she knows about it either.

1 hour ago, triad said:

Thanks for reminding me to look beyond the headlines around here (Trump) and read some news of Argentina and Brazil.  Keep fighting the good fight!  

Thank you.

37 minutes ago, purplestargirl said:

:facepalm: Now that was me be ditzy in regards to the Irish pride thing. I apologize for that. Also I know some people who have Irish ancestry that despise St. Patrick's Day but that's a whole nother topic on why. I'm not one of them; one of my maternal great-great grandmothers was an Irish immigrant from Dublin and my biological maternal grandfather is one quarter Irish because of that as it was his maternal grandmother. I think it was Someone posted that whole family history online and I happened to run across it. But anyways, moving back on topic.

If anything, Duff should explain to her how tagging Axl's past spouses is not appropriate as neither of those relationships turned out well. He was there too so that's my reasoning on that. The whole "Erin go braghless" sounds like it was a bad joke and I don't think it had anything to do with Erin Everly. Someone, however, decided to tag her on that video when I'm certain Su had no intention of making a reference there. I also recall Duff saying there are things he refuses to tell his wife regarding Guns' past so I am not certain on how much she knows about it either.

What I'm saying is that Susan probably has more Irish blood on her DNA (even if she doesn't) than any of the posers around me "celebrating" St. Patrick's just because. They have no idea what it is about and only care about the beer. :max:

Yeah, the Erin thing was a really bad joke. I guess she must have realized about it now after reading the comments :facepalm: ....... I agree with you chances are she said it without even thinking of it, lol.

15 hours ago, Alja said:

The more you know: Erin go Bragh /ˌɛrɪn ɡə ˈbrɑː/, sometimes Erin go Braugh, is the anglicisation of an Irish language phrase, Éirinn go Brách, and is used to express allegiance to Ireland. It is most often translated as "Ireland Forever."

add some wordplay and it`s a good St.Patrick`s joke. 

i didnt know it. thx for sharing :)

4 hours ago, killuridols said:

I am sad that the situation in south america doesn t improve in little steps. Argentina had so much glory in the past , so much beautiful people and a landscape that is breathtaking. People deserve better. 

Same goes for Venezuela. we have been there in 2004 and 2006 and fell in love with the people and the country. and now they are the most miserable country economically speaking of the whole continent. people cannot be treated right in hospitals because of lack of everything. 

I have this "inner connection" to south America because of the amazing people there. I have friends from Ecuador and Argentina.

It makes me so angry that some corrupt or just greedy stupid politicians hungry for power make people s lives so difficult.  

No son republicas bananeras ma republicas con gente abierta y amable , siempre con sonrisa aunque la vida no es facil. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Natty said:

I am sad that the situation in south america doesn t improve in little steps. Argentina had so much glory in the past , so much beautiful people and a landscape that is breathtaking. People deserve better. 

Same goes for Venezuela. we have been there in 2004 and 2006 and fell in love with the people and the country. and now they are the most miserable country economically speaking of the whole continent. people cannot be treated right in hospitals because of lack of everything. 

I have this "inner connection" to south America because of the amazing people there. I have friends from Ecuador and Argentina.

It makes me so angry that some corrupt or just greedy stupid politicians hungry for power make people s lives so difficult.  

No son republicas bananeras ma republicas con gente abierta y amable , siempre con sonrisa aunque la vida no es facil. 

In Argentina we improve for some time but when there's a change of government they decide to undo everything the other one did good and so we go back to the starting point. It is so frustrating! 😤

I say we are banana republics because of the high levels of corruption in the public administration. You can't trust our politicians. They have millions of $$$ in their hands but 80% of it is destined to their own pockets and own businesses. Our biggest economic problem is the inflation, 30% of the population is under the line of poverty; we have an on growing violence in the streets and against women. Last year, almost 2 women were killed by domestic violence each day of the year.

On top of that, since we are "not so bad" compared to other neighboring countries, we are now receiving thousands of people from Venezuela. The people who come are highly qualified like doctors, lawyers, architects, so imagine how bad it must be over there and I shouldn't be complaining 😔

----

Let's pay respect to #MarielleFranco, Brazilian female politician, activist, feminist, black woman, human rights defender, denounced the abuse of power exercised by the Rio de Janeiro police against the people living in favelas.

On March 13th, she was assassinated in cold blood, shot 4 gunshots to death while she was riding a car. It is a political crime.

More info on her:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marielle_Franco

https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/news/2018/03/brazil-authorities-must-investigate-the-killing-of-human-rights-defender-marielle-franco/

http://piaui.folha.uol.com.br/the-life-and-death-of-defiant-voice/

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/mar/16/the-guardian-view-on-the-of-brazilian-politicians-marielle-francos-legacy

Edited by killuridols
  • Sad 6

Yeah, Baz looks fine I guess!!! I can't imagine Baz mad, I dont know... I only saw him mad one time he got arrested for causing havoc at a bar, lol :lol:

--

Hey, look.... seems like this guy Angry Anderson (Rose Tattoo) told the press that Angus Young told him he's working on a new album with Axl! :confused:

Source: https://www.therockpit.net/2018/interview-angry-anderson-rose-tattoo-2/

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, killuridols said:

Yeah, Baz looks fine I guess!!! I can't imagine Baz mad, I dont know... I only saw him mad one time he got arrested for causing havoc at a bar, lol :lol:

--

Hey, look.... seems like this guy Angry Anderson (Rose Tattoo) told the press that Angus Young told him he's working on a new album with Axl! :confused:

Source: https://www.therockpit.net/2018/interview-angry-anderson-rose-tattoo-2/

At least Axl is working on something. i cannot imagine that after having finished the record with Angus he wouldn t call Slash and Duff and start discussing to make a GNR record. But if this record ever sees the light of the day is another thing..

at least we ll hear Axl. And maybe see him on tour again. Everything is better than seclusion in Malibu mansion I suppose.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Natty said:

At least Axl is working on something. i cannot imagine that after having finished the record with Angus he wouldn t call Slash and Duff and start discussing to make a GNR record. But if this record ever sees the light of the day is another thing..

at least we ll hear Axl. And maybe see him on tour again. Everything is better than seclusion in Malibu mansion I suppose.

Angus told Angry he is writing the album, so that means Axl is just going to turn up and sing what he is told to? 

An album and tour cycle for a band the size of AC/DC is probably going to be two years minimum. 

Slash will just concern himself with SMKC. 

I can't see that there will ever be anything GnR again. I bet these upcoming Euro dates are really just a pain to all of them that they can't wait to get out of the way so they can go and do what they really want. 

:max:

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Angus told Angry he is writing the album, so that means Axl is just going to turn up and sing what he is told to? 

An album and tour cycle for a band the size of AC/DC is probably going to be two years minimum. 

Slash will just concern himself with SMKC. 

I can't see that there will ever be anything GnR again. I bet these upcoming Euro dates are really just a pain to all of them that they can't wait to get out of the way so they can go and do what they really want. 

:max:

Why have these tour dates at all? I bet they could go on touring for a long time. With breaks in between. After Europe some Asia and/or Australia. Then the States, Southen America... etc. 

Didn’t I read somewhere that Duff’s and Slash’s touring contracts last much longer than 2018, forgot the year but it wasn’t this year.