GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

28 minutes ago, money honey said:

Is it just me or does Meegan's facial expression in lots of pics of her and Slash seem kinda weird? Like, triumphant or possibly even gloating??

Just something that struck me, I don't have any opinions on Meegan apart from that if she makes Slash happy that's got to be good.

The facial expression of Meegan is look plastic surgery

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, purplestargirl said:

I think she's just really happy and in love. And honestly, I'd be gloating/looking triumphant too if I was with someone like Slash

Also, your username gets "Welcome To The Jungle" stuck in my head everytime I see it. 

Bolded: Too true ;) 

WTTJ being stuck in your head is no bad thing though!?! I adore the way Axl spits out "money honey" in that line.

34 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Sorry, did we see this pic already? That's not Axl, is it?! His biological dad?

Yes, we saw it.  No, it is neither Axl nor his biological father.  (99.99% sure)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, money honey said:

Is it just me or does Meegan's facial expression in lots of pics of her and Slash seem kinda weird? Like, triumphant or possibly even gloating??

Just something that struck me, I don't have any opinions on Meegan apart from that if she makes Slash happy that's got to be good.

I don't see any of that.... :question:

Just a pretty woman being pretty. She's always posed like that, I think....

52 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Sorry, did we see this pic already? That's not Axl, is it?! His biological dad?

No, that's not his father and we've already debunked this awful gossip that runs like water on Instagram and places like that.

Check the index of this thread. I'm sure @Frey has linked it to the pages where the discussion of this picture took place before.

37 minutes ago, Ratam said:

The facial expression of Meegan is look plastic surgery

:facepalm:

Why is it that a woman cannot be pretty on her own and she has to be accussed of plastic surgery if she looks nice?

It's so frustrating...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, triad said:

Yes, we saw it.  No, it is neither Axl nor his biological father.  (99.99% sure)

Already directed the response to the page number on the the other GNR Women's Thread. 

And I agree on it being neither Axl or his birth father. This particular photo looks like it was taken sometime in the 1970's to the very early 80's. Rose Sr would of been too old for the photo and there are hardly any high school photos of Axl online plus the guy looks nothing like our singer.

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

She's already done that and also asked her follower to report all the trolls. But those people keep making new accounts all the time. It's like impossible to get rid of them.

And for example, the crazy woman @Frey mentions, she has her own profile private but she uses it to post shit about Meegan to her own followers so it's like a chain you can never break :shrugs:

1 hour ago, Kris_1989 said:

No, you can block people but nothing stops them from making multiple accounts or just logging out of their account to view your profile. Her best option would be to use filtered keywords. If she has over 5k followers she should have access to that feature.

Thank You Both, i guess i never thought of that. (How silly) i hope it ends for good. I dont see the benefit in her trolling meegan, i dont know what she has against her-most likely jealousy she was probably a perla fanatic and was upset when slash got with meegan. Whatever the reason its certainly not justifiable to try and tear someone down, harass them, their children! What do they thinks going to happen slash will just see this and go "hi you are right for being spiteful to my girlfriend and her kids, for claiming terrible things that never happened and being a piss poor excuse for a "fan" lets get married!" I dont know how these people sleep well at night. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mary Cochrane said:

Thank You Both, i guess i never thought of that. (How silly) i hope it ends for good. I dont see the benefit in her trolling meegan, i dont know what she has against her-most likely jealousy she was probably a perla fanatic and was upset when slash got with meegan. Whatever the reason its certainly not justifiable to try and tear someone down, harass them, their children! What do they thinks going to happen slash will just see this and go "hi you are right for being spiteful to my girlfriend and her kids, for claiming terrible things that never happened and being a piss poor excuse for a "fan" lets get married!" I dont know how these people sleep well at night. 

I think they expect to create a bad reputation and bad image of her, spreading lies and making up stories.

Deep inside they know that Slash will not act differently just because some nutso says his girlfriend is a bad person. The attack is, IMO, about hurting Meegan's online presence. That she feels threatened and stops posting, that she closes her profile and disappears from the Internet.

The Internet is the place where these cupcakes live and take action. In real life they don't have anything, so they look forward to "cleaning" the places they inhabit and see it as a battle they need to win. It is obviously the most ridiculous thing one can ever think of but in their heads, this is real. They are living it and it fuels their empty existence.

Probably they also feel identified with Perla's story and that identification is what makes them hate Meegan and want to make her "pay" for "homewrecking", without having the slightest clue of what was going on with that relationship before this.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I don't see any of that.... :question:

Just a pretty woman being pretty. She's always posed like that, I think....

No, that's not his father and we've already debunked this awful gossip that runs like water on Instagram and places like that.

Check the index of this thre:facepalm::facepalm:ad. I'm sure @Frey has linked it to the pages where the discussion of this picture took place before.

:facepalm:

Why is it that a woman cannot be pretty on her own and she has to be accussed of plastic surgery if she looks nice?

It's so frustrating...

Said what she have plastic surgery is accusation ? is ridicoulous, not  is sin many womens has plastic surgery,who said what her not is pretty?? But the stretching in  face  is notoriously,chill out!! You said horribles things Axl  and nobody  said nothing you

3 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I think they expect to create a bad reputation and bad image of her, spreading lies and making up stories.

Deep inside they know that Slash will not act differently just because some nutso says his girlfriend is a bad person. The attack is, IMO, about hurting Meegan's online presence. That she feels threatened and stops posting, that she closes her profile and disappears from the Internet.

The Internet is the place where these cupcakes live and take action. In real life they don't have anything, so they look forward to "cleaning" the places they inhabit and see it as a battle they need to win. It is obviously the most ridiculous thing one can ever think of but in their heads, this is real. They are living it and it fuels their empty existence.

Probably they also feel identified with Perla's story and that identification is what makes them hate Meegan and want to make her "pay" for "homewrecking", without having the slightest clue of what was going on with that relationship before this.

Exactly. Your totally right. They DO want to make meegans life "hell" in whatever way they can trying to hurt her reputation. A person with 10 braincells knows that anything theg say is absolute BS. their reasons being are absolutely ridiculous, if i was meegan i wouldnt lose sleep over it they may say hurtful words and try to make it seem like shes a bitch but when its one sided people generally tend to see who the real bitch is in these situtions. Just silly how they can call meegan all these names when the only person making these words to be true is the ome saying them.

15 minutes ago, Ratam said:

Said what she have plastic surgery is accusation ? is ridicoulous, not  is sin many womens has plastic surgery,who said what her not is pretty?? But the stretching in  face  is notoriously,chill out!! You said horribles things Axl  and nobody  said nothing you

It is, because unless you have proof of it, then you're just talking crap.

I don't see her face stretched at all. I do actually see some lines in the eyes area and neck but that's completely normal. She's very thin, a slim person, don't expect for her to have a roundy face. She's not that old either so it is pretty plausible that she has a good skin, especially if she's taken care of herself or regularly does facial treatments.

What horrible things have I said about Axl? :question:

Unlike you, I usually make it clear it is either my opinion or things that I know. And people oftenly discuss the things I say and give their opinion as well (the ones who don't need to hide behind "likes" and can actually post an argument without going personal, that is.)

Edited by killuridols

14 minutes ago, Mary Cochrane said:

Exactly. Your totally right. They DO want to make meegans life "hell" in whatever way they can trying to hurt her reputation. A person with 10 braincells knows that anything theg say is absolute BS. their reasons being are absolutely ridiculous, if i was meegan i wouldnt lose sleep over it they may say hurtful words and try to make it seem like shes a bitch but when its one sided people generally tend to see who the real bitch is in these situtions. Just silly how they can call meegan all these names when the only person making these words to be true is the ome saying them.

IMO, she cares because she knows her kids read it and that these lunatics attack them kids whenever they have the opportunity (like that HankySpanky person who bashed a picture of Lucy in Grace's profile). Also, I think she knows many of these profiles are linked to Perla and she may think it is Perla herself doing it, therefore she's decided to go one-on-one with her and confront her instead of shutting down.

I totally understand her. Maybe it is not the best method. But when you ignore someone who continually bashes you and harasses you, they will think it is their right to bash and harass and that if she doesn't want this to happen she has to either block them everytime or lock herself behind a private account. I'm sure Meegan believes in her freedom and right to have an open profile and that it is the crazy people who have to stay away and learn that she's not going nowhere. That they must give up with all the harassing. After all, it's been four years since she's been in a relationship with Slash...... how much longer can this bashing continue? :shrugs:

What you say seems logical to adult people without mental issues, but many of those accounts are run by young girls who are still learning about life or have really bad issues themselves with relationships, men, other women and people in general. There's a vast group of fans that do not know other life outside Instagram and TumblR.

I've talked to them, I've tried to reason with these kids and they told me they dont know where to get information about the band and about the bandmembers. This is the reason why they believe what fan accounts about the band post or other fans post, because apparently they dont know about forums or websites or anything else. Just the "Insta".

And this is the reason why we have so many ignorant fans believing gossip, lies, and misinformation in general about the band and the people involved with them. I got really upset someone told me the other day they have never watched the Making Of Videos or the MTV interviews. Neither the most famous interviews from mags like Rolling Stone or Spin or whatever. They are clueless about the existence of these sources of information, so they mostly rely on what their peers find and reproduce from other Insta accounts.

13 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

One of those Internet stalkers made death threats to Meegan. Just so people don't think they are random over the top fans that she should just learn to tolerate.

Death threats! 

It is seriously disgusting how someone can but death threats against a person. Hopefully the person posting such despicable thing will be investigated. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, killuridols said:

IMO, she cares because she knows her kids read it and that these lunatics attack them kids whenever they have the opportunity (like that HankySpanky person who bashed a picture of Lucy in Grace's profile). Also, I think she knows many of these profiles are linked to Perla and she may think it is Perla herself doing it, therefore she's decided to go one-on-one with her and confront her instead of shutting down.

I totally understand her. Maybe it is not the best method. But when you ignore someone who continually bashes you and harasses you, they will think it is their right to bash and harass and that if she doesn't want this to happen she has to either block them everytime or lock herself behind a private account. I'm sure Meegan believes in her freedom and right to have an open profile and that it is the crazy people who have to stay away and learn that she's not going nowhere. That they must give up with all the harassing. After all, it's been four years since she's been in a relationship with Slash...... how much longer can this bashing continue? :shrugs:

What you say seems logical to adult people without mental issues, but many of those accounts are run by young girls who are still learning about life or have really bad issues themselves with relationships, men, other women and people in general. There's a vast group of fans that do not know other life outside Instagram and TumblR.

I've talked to them, I've tried to reason with these kids and they told me they dont know where to get information about the band and about the bandmembers. This is the reason why they believe what fan accounts about the band post or other fans post, because apparently they dont know about forums or websites or anything else. Just the "Insta".

And this is the reason why we have so many ignorant fans believing gossip, lies, and misinformation in general about the band and the people involved with them. I got really upset someone told me the other day they have never watched the Making Of Videos or the MTV interviews. Neither the most famous interviews from mags like Rolling Stone or Spin or whatever. They are clueless about the existence of these sources of information, so they mostly rely on what their peers find and reproduce from other Insta accounts.

Wow. Very true i couldnt agree more. I totally understand her to react to these people i mean i would, after i will i would ignore it simply because they probably wouldnt be getting the reaction the want. I dont know how this is going to end by i hope it does  soon because this whole harassing someone is getting really out of hand, i didnt know they was together 4 years i thought it started last year. (Thanks for letting me know! :) ). And these silly girls on fan pages think they know everything just because they listen to an album or two and swoon over their attracrive looks and then pull out facts from their arse dont mean nothing! They probably have never read anything to do with what happened back then if they did they would be shocked. im sure they would believe anything these fan pages said about someone they didnt like simply because they didnt like them. Thats how ignorant and petty they are-i fully agree with her defending herself and her kids...i think its great. Then i would show them that they dont get to me at all that they wont stop me from being happy and living a good life. :) 

10 hours ago, Ratam said:

I'm not sure about that but there's something about this woman that I very much dislike. Maybe the "old one" was a classless, crazy bitch but in some way I felt less antipathy for her, she just was what she was. This one is.. well... I don't know, whatever, not that I care really. But definitely she evokes my antipathy. To me something's wrong with her.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Asia said:

I'm not sure about that but there's something about this woman that I very much dislike. Maybe the "old one" was a classless, crazy bitch but in some way I felt less antipathy for her, she just was what she was. This one is.. well... I don't know, whatever, not that I care really. But definitely she evokes my antipathy. To me something's wrong with her.

definitely

From reading his autobiography, Slash doesn't strike me as being the most discerning guy when it comes to women.  He always just kinda ended up with whoever he ended up with and put little to no thought into why he was with a particular person at any given time, so long as he had someone.  Which wasn't such a bad thing.  In that regard, he was smart.  So was Duff.  Those two always made sure they had a woman in their lives (and in Duff's case, a place to call home) to act as anchors, to give them stability and temporary relief from the insanity that was Guns n Roses.  That's probably partly how those two managed to weather all the shit storms and fall out from sustenance abuse over the years and come out the other side relatively mentally in tact (I think Axl tried to have anchors in his life too, but it didn't turn out so well for him).  

But yeah, from what I read, Slash never really approached his relationships thoughtfully or maturely.  I mean, he didn't have a prenup with Perla.  Even Duff, who was completely and utterly fucked up for his first two marriages made sure of that.  And Slash's relationship with Renee was just bizarre when you read about it.  He met her in a bar, picked her up, and started living with her almost immediately.  You got the impression he just went along with the marriage, passively, not really caring either way.  They barely knew each other - he admits that in the book.  She just seemed incidental to his life rather than part of it and he did wake up to that fact, but only after a long while and then he treated her badly.  Basically told her to get out of his life right now just because he'd finally had an epiphany.  He does acknowledge he was an asshole about it.  Anyway, I would hope he's learned a few lessons by now.  Maybe he and Meegan are genuinely a good fit for one another.

• Like 2

I think Slash and Duff are happy, we should be happy that they are happy. :P

They are miles better off than Axl. Look what happens to him when his nanny isn't there to watch him, he ends up lost and looking vulnerable outside nightclubs whilst having been ditched by his so called friends. 

No wonder he gave half his tickets away to fans for that show. 

-----

@Frey

I don't know who Spanky is, I just find the idea it's Perla hilarious, for my own amusement :lol:

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Mary Cochrane said:

Wow. Very true i couldnt agree more. I totally understand her to react to these people i mean i would, after i will i would ignore it simply because they probably wouldnt be getting the reaction the want. I dont know how this is going to end by i hope it does  soon because this whole harassing someone is getting really out of hand, i didnt know they was together 4 years i thought it started last year. (Thanks for letting me know! :) ). And these silly girls on fan pages think they know everything just because they listen to an album or two and swoon over their attracrive looks and then pull out facts from their arse dont mean nothing! They probably have never read anything to do with what happened back then if they did they would be shocked. im sure they would believe anything these fan pages said about someone they didnt like simply because they didnt like them. Thats how ignorant and petty they are-i fully agree with her defending herself and her kids...i think its great. Then i would show them that they dont get to me at all that they wont stop me from being happy and living a good life. :) 

I think she's gone through all those phases already: blocking, reporting, ignoring, calling them out on their shit, locking her profile, etc..... So she's trying a new one: confronting them.

It must be very tiring because the trolls emerge from all places. She's tried everything and they keep coming out, finding a way to talk shit about her so I don't know... I still think the only idiots in this story are the psychos hating/disliking Meegan just because she is with Slash.

Slash is a guy in his 50's, with children..... I will never understand that a young woman would waste her time with this and an older woman doing it is fucking pathetic as well. And what for? :shrugs:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I think Slash and Duff are happy, we should be happy that they are happy. :P

They are miles better off than Axl. Look what happens to him when his nanny isn't there to watch him, he ends up lost and looking vulnerable outside nightclubs whilst having been ditched by his so called friends. 

No wonder he gave half his tickets away to fans for that show. 

They both look great and happy and trying to be family men, with all the obstacles and shits that come along (especially in Slash' case, with that combative ex-wife).

I love both Susan and Meegan, they are really cool in my eyes and they are very kind and nice with the fans that are decent towards them. I've followed Meegan from the ancient times, lol. I kind of miss her old IG account when she would be more chatty and less exposed but ok, she's still cool and replies to my annoying shit all the time :P

Axl's situation is bad.... Those kids will soon grow tired of his shit. Cranky old people are not pleasant to be around. He was unpleasant when he was a cranky young dude, so imagine what he's gonna be in a few years....

• Like 3

Yeah, I agree, Duff and Slash have really landed on their feet and I'm really pleased for them.  

I do feel for Axl.  Maybe it's because I know people with his personality type  (or what I perceive to be his personality, obviously, I don't know the guy) and life is hard for them precisely because the qualities that make them fascinating and irresistible, and good at say, being a frontman, are the same qualities that make them difficult to tolerate and love.  It's like they can't win simply because of who they fundamentally are.  Those kinds of people find it hard to change and adapt.  People mock Axl for his 'nanny' but clearly, he needed a stabilising mother-figure in his life (makes you wonder how his relationship with his actual mother is these days) and we just don't know what positive impact she may have had on his life up to now.  Maybe Beta is the reason he hasn't gone the way of Chris and Chester.  It's a shame he hasn't found his significant other, like Slash and Duff have, but you know...there's still time for the guy!  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

People mock Axl for his 'nanny' but clearly, he needed a stabilising mother-figure in his life (makes you wonder how his relationship with his actual mother is these days) and we just don't know what positive impact she may have had on his life up to now.  Maybe Beta is the reason he hasn't gone the way of Chris and Chester.  It's a shame he hasn't found his significant other, like Slash and Duff have, but you know...there's still time for the guy!  

His real mother passed away in 1996, I think, when she was 51 years old.

He claimed he didn't have a good relationship with her and that he didn't have nice feelings about her because he considered that she didn't help him when his stepfather abused him.

Beta has for sure organized his life in many ways and she has probably prevented him from ending up like Kurt or Chris but it seems he's not turned out much better since he hasn't made a lot of advance ever since she took over. Or he was in such a bad state that this is all the good he can be :shrugs:

A healthy relationship between mother and son would have provided Axl with the tools to be able to cope with problems and situations when he reached adulthood, without needing a "nanny" his whole life. I don't see anything wrong with a mother spoiling children a bit but you have to be responsible and raise them to be fully independent adults.

Of course, Beta's job wasn't to raise Axl again but I think her babysitting might have gone too far to the point of now having a guy in his mid 50s, who can't handle himself alone at night.

This type of patriarchal raising of boys is what ruins people later in life. It ruins both the men and the women who engages in a relationship with a mama's boy. They are totally dependent of women, not knowing how to cook, iron, wash their clothes, etc... They can't take care of themselves. They become useless without assistants, maids, nannies or wives.

Axl is this type of man who's lost total independence from people when it comes to the smallest and simplest things.

9 minutes ago, killuridols said:

A healthy relationship between mother and son would have provided Axl with the tools to be able to cope with problems and situations when he reached adulthood, without needing a "nanny" his whole life. I don't see anything wrong with a mother spoiling children a bit but you have to be responsible and raise them to be fully independent adults.

9 minutes ago, killuridols said:

This type of patriarchal raising of boys is what ruins people later in life. It ruins both the men and the women who engages in a relationship with a mama's boy. They are totally dependent of women, not knowing how to cook, iron, wash their clothes, etc... They can't take care of themselves. They become useless without assistants, maids, nannies or wives.

Sorry, but could you please clarify this for me... Are you stating that Sharron Bailey spoiled/coddled Axl too much? Or are you talking about Beta? If it is the former, please could you provide a source for this.

Thanks.

16 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Beta has for sure organized his life in many ways and she has probably prevented him from ending up like Kurt or Chris but it seems he's not turned out much better since he hasn't made a lot of advance ever since she took over. Or he was in such a bad state that this is all the good he can be :shrugs:

I wouldn't say that Axl leads the most well adjusted life by any means but surely it's miles better than being dead...? :confused:

Ah, ok I didn't know his mother had died.  Well, I don't know how he lives his life.  All speculation of course though it makes for interesting discussion.  I'm curious though, why is there a perception that Beta babysits him?  Or that he can't take care of himself?  Where has this come from?  Not being argumentative, genuinely want to know.  I haven't been following the band closely for many years, only catching up with all the news now, really.