GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

6 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

Wouldn't she be talking about Slash? Her story lines up with her passive aggressive tweets towards him.

I thought it would be about him too. I'm sure he doesn't have people doing things for him to the extent that Axl does but im willing to believe he could be just as useless at normal every day tasks. She also mentioned whoever it is being sober and clean now. 

30 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I was just curious to know why these grown up rich men with no visible significant "needs" would unleash feelings of protection in their female fandom.

Maybe you're right and this can't be explained but I'm always trying to find explanations to things that seem odd to me (or feelings that I can't relate to) because I want to understand the human nature :shrugs:

In my case, I tend to feel protective or rather feel like a lawyer (lol) for people who are suffering injustice, violence, being violated in their rights, in their freedom, people who are really struggling in life.

Also, I think feelings of protection and empathy are two different things.

if you would like to protect people that suffer violence and injustice why shouldnt you want to protect (young) Axl from sexual abuse? 

i also have that protective approach towards axl. no child should ever be abused , not physically and not mentally. I feel sorry for Axl and I was so attracted by his sexiness before the 00 years. he is still cute but when he was young he was the most sexy man alive for me and the combination of sexiness and his traumatic childhood is what makes me want to protect him. 

I dont know if he has the balls to get rid of tb or lead a life on his own. i mean when he is not able to get himself a car after leaving a club??? 

34 minutes ago, purplestargirl said:

This is a cute video of Duff and Steven checking out GNR artwork in Japan. Even though he probably wasn't, Duff looks sober here.

Looking at Steven, you can tell he's on something by the glazed look in his eyes. He also sounds out of it.

omfg.  Duff. :wub: His LAUGH.  This is too awesome.  And Steven...'wish I could take them all home with me.'  That was very decent of him.  Duff looks well unimpressed.  :lol:  This has made my night.  MADE my night I tell you.

3 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I thought it would be about him too. I'm sure he doesn't have people doing things for him to the extent that Axl does but im willing to believe he could be just as useless at normal every day tasks. She also mentioned whoever it is being sober and clean now. 

15 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

Wouldn't she be talking about Slash? Her story lines up with her passive aggressive tweets towards him.

Yeah true, but would you describe Slash as "like a toddler", "like a kid that needs to be nannied" and "unable to do daily tasks" because he has "his people" doing that for him since his early 20s?

I mean maybe Slash is more Axl-ish than we realize and he's definitely a spoilt rock star too, and he does come across as kind of clueless sometimes, but, still... sounds strange to me that someone would describe Slash like that.

And she mentions "past famous girlfriends". Erin Everly (sort of, due to SCOM and Everly Brothers fame) and Stephanie Seymour (definition of famous) fit that description, but Slash's past ladies? Renee, Perla, etc.? Not really famous, are they?

On the other hand, the description of cheating on your sweet, vanilla significant other would fit Slash and Meegan perfectly.

8 minutes ago, killuridols said:

That's why I said in a nutshell.... I knew I couldn't cover the whole douchebaggery spectrum :lol:

Axl and Slash still wear sexist t-shirts and Slash posts sexist crap on his IG every single day so to me, your last sentence is, they are.

It was published yesterday. You can check the link I provided. But I don't know when it was written.....

That's why I helped you cover more of the douchebaggery spectrum lol. And yeah, it's they are, but I guess shirts and Instagram crap are better at least (comparatively) than the other shit they did in the past?

I will read all these links later on, yeah.

@purplestargirl  I swear I'm going to watch this fifty fucking times tonight.  This is so cute.  Duff's FACE when turns around and says, 'wish we could pick all of 'em.'  Hilarious.

Edit: I'm sorry, I have to go back and read the other posts now - that was a major distraction.  

Edited by MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

I was just curious to know why these grown up rich men with no visible significant "needs" would unleash feelings of protection in their female fandom.

Maybe you're right and this can't be explained but I'm always trying to find explanations to things that seem odd to me (or feelings that I can't relate to) because I want to understand the human nature :shrugs:

In my case, I tend to feel protective or rather feel like a lawyer (lol) for people who are suffering injustice, violence, being violated in their rights, in their freedom, people who are really struggling in life.

Also, I think feelings of protection and empathy are two different things.

I am profound facial blind. It means that I am really poor in recognizing people by their faces and I don`t remember them like most others do, just small inner circle of my people (also I really suck in gossip because I often have no clue who are others talking about - my brain just refuse to utilize this). Other thing is that it`s a kind of gift, because I have no prejudice and tend to behave to people as I see them in front of me, not by their social status or connections or like past sins. Imagine this in a small town society :P. I can take care of you in most humiliating moment of your life and second day I have no idea I`ve ever meet you.

I am happy for not being a lawyer because I hate judging and even more I hate to punish.

People are like onions. Social status and appearance is the top layer. Money and fame (or fake boobs or whatever) won`t bring you happiness. Some people are beautiful, rich AF, have their king sized beds and best dishes and they feel empty inside or useless or as a fail, because under that shiny top layer of wealth and power and whatever there is something which does not work. In some precious moments they allow you to peel them and if they are willing to do so, you can help them to heal their wounds. 

The thing I learned is you can help only if particular person is willing to help him/herself. 

For me empathy is tool with which you can recognize state of yourself and other people, you can feel protective or not or have many other feelings. Some people are pure assholes and you would rather kick them in their ass than play their game. Sometimes piss someone off in long run really helps, it`s also a healing tool ;).

Edited by Alja

6 minutes ago, killuridols said:

That's the perfect FAN-IDOL picture I will never get :unsure:

I want a picture with Axl in this outfit :drool:, it would match my black dress better than what he was wearing in Vienna :max:

2 hours ago, beautifulanddamned said:

Image result for izzy stradlin 2012 aerosmith

Wonderful photo of Izzy - many thanks!  Look at that guy.  He knows how to dress.  It also helps that is inherently cool...he doesn't have to try, it comes from within.  And Slash 'letting his manboobs fly' made me laugh.  I don't like how Slash dresses these days, he really doesn't have the figure for it.  Axl, I have no problem with, he just needs to do something with his hair.  Duff was wearing his spotty shirt (love) with a blazer and bowler hat (I think?) the other night and looked every bit as dashing as Izzy here.

2 hours ago, Lumikki said:

I just checked and nearly all of my pics and GIFs are gone in that post :max: I hate photobucket so much :max::max::max:

I can try to re-upload them for you, but I don't know when I'll get around to that. I'm having a hell week (or rather 3 hell weeks) and hardly have time for anything at the moment.

I looked for the Sluff section and I can't find??!  No worries, if you ever get around to re-uploading that would be super awesome, but I totally understand begin busy.  I am normally, too, but am on summer hols atm.

29 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

Is this new? :ph34r:

20482643_305231839942260_7870428102772391936_n.jpg

Wow!  Axl looks unbelievable here.  Really nice.  I love his jacket.  He's got his colours right and for once he's wearing a shirt with a decent print.  The outfit has a slimming effect.  Ten outta ten Axl.  Not crazy about his hats.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Frey said:

I didn't say she comes across as smart and educated, I said she tries to come across as smart and educated.

About the dates... She says "a recent fling", but recent depends on when this was written. Is there any clue as to that? If it's an excerpt from her new book, she might have mentioned something like "I've been writing on my new book for two years

She intrigues me and I don't know why, but she does seem to have resurfaced quite a bit lately which Is probably promoting the latest book.

She is an odd mixture, I think in her writing she is  attempting to be sex positive, (I havn't read her entire book only bits posted on here and references posted on other sites) but all her exploits struck me as coming from a very needy place, less sexuall empowerment more please look at me, I need attention from men  to prove myself worth.

The latest book attempt seems more of the same but from a different angle.  Yes, she seems to be criticising the existence of the life style she took part in, but by throwing her fling under a bus, which not only attacks him but also mocks his partner. If you look through her social media it's very obviouse who she is alluding too, and it's not Axl. 

Smart, educated, feminist? I think as you say this is how she wishes to be perceived, but she fails on the latter in my opinion and the others are open too debate. 

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, Frey said:

Yeah, I remember this, it has been posted before.

There is also a longer version of that video that has Slash and Axl in it too.

Was kinda cool to see Slash and Axl looking at fan art.

There's a longer version?! I think it might be my mission to find that.  I have watched this one about 6 times in a row already. 

3 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

I looked for the Sluff section and I can't find??!  No worries, if you ever get around to re-uploading that would be super awesome, but I totally understand begin busy.  I am normally, too, but am on summer hols atm.

> First page of this thread > second post > " Slaxl, Daxl, Sluff, Izzaxl, etc.:" category > scroll past all the Slaxl until you reach the Sluff part

Just now, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

There's a longer version?! I think it might be my mission to find that.  I have watched this one about 6 times in a row already. 

Axl's.

Attention Slaxl people: Axl is so distracted by looking at all these pictures of Slash, that Slash needs to remind him to look at his own pictures:

"Axl, you gotta look at yours!" :awesomeface:

Also Duff's "I figured Izzy would have picked this one" ...

Slash:

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Archtop said:

She intrigues me and I don't know why, but she does seem to have resurfaced quite a bit lately which Is probably promoting the latest book.

She is an odd mixture, I think in her writing she is  attempting to be sex positive, (I havn't read her entire book only bits posted on here and references posted on other sites) but all her exploits struck me as coming from a very needy place, less sexuall empowerment more please look at me, I need attention from men  to prove myself worth.

The latest book attempt seems more of the same but from a different angle.  Yes, she seems to be criticising the existence of the life style she took part in, but by throwing her fling under a bus, which not only attacks him but also mocks his partner. If you look through her social media it's very obviouse who she is alluding too, and it's not Axl. 

Smart, educated, feminist? I think as you say this is how she wishes to be perceived, but she fails on the latter in my opinion and the others are open too debate. 

I agree.

And I haven't really checked her social media out or anything so far. So since you're saying it's very obvious, is it Slash then?

In that case, poor Meegan.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Natty said:

if you would like to protect people that suffer violence and injustice why shouldnt you want to protect (young) Axl from sexual abuse?

Because it is something not happening in the present time :question:

Realistically, there is absolutely nothing I can do about his child abuse. I see protection as taking action to prevent future damage.  I don't know how could I protect him from that....

1 hour ago, Natty said:

i also have that protective approach towards axl. no child should ever be abused , not physically and not mentally. I feel sorry for Axl and I was so attracted by his sexiness before the 00 years. he is still cute but when he was young he was the most sexy man alive for me and the combination of sexiness and his traumatic childhood is what makes me want to protect him

I dont know if he has the balls to get rid of tb or lead a life on his own. i mean when he is not able to get himself a car after leaving a club??? 

Hmm.... isn't that a bit creepy??

I'm not sure I'm understanding what you mean by that.... why does his sexual appeal and his sexual abuse attracts you and makes you want to protect him?

I'm sorry but it sounds like the guy from the book "Lolita" :scared:

1 hour ago, Frey said:

That's why I helped you cover more of the douchebaggery spectrum lol. And yeah, it's they are, but I guess shirts and Instagram crap are better at least (comparatively) than the other shit they did in the past?

I will read all these links later on, yeah.

Lol, thank you then :ph34r:

Yes, they are "better" :facepalm: than the other shit.... omg, I can't believe we are classifying better and worse in this douchebaggery sexist crap!

52 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

I want a picture with Axl in this outfit :drool:, it would match my black dress better than what he was wearing in Vienna :max:

Both Axl and the fan look amazingly good.

Most fans who take picture with him are a disgrace. They look sooooo bad.... it's cringeworthy...... so this is why I think this is a perfect photo.

This picture is #photowithidolgoals to me :lol:

Edited by killuridols

Recently I had a fling with one legendary rock star and he too, despite being nice and so kind-hearted emerged as someone who never managed normal daily tasks. He was like a toddler having had his ‘people’ do everything for him since his early ‘20s, and never knew how to take initiative, how to make decisions, or how to be in social situations, even down to being able to communicate clearly and concisely with me. 

I don't think this is Slash she is talking about, He's never had 'people' around him in that sense and he is perfectly capable of making decisions, being in all sorts of social situations. Slash was most often the guy who did the press/interview stuff for Guns.

I don't think she's even talking about anyone in GNR. Have any of them had famous girlfriends? Chances are it's probably an English bloke or someone living here because she lives in London. 

1 hour ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

@Frey  What path have you set me on?  Reading all these indexed threads, I've gone and fallen down a Slaxl/Sluff rabbit hole. At this rate, I don't know if I'll ever be able can climb out...not sure that I want to! :lol:

Should we call you Alice now? Lol.

8 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Because it is something not happening in the present time :question:

Realistically, there is absolutely nothing I can do about his child abuse. I see protection as taking action to prevent future damage.  I don't know how could I protect him from that....

Well yeah, but the fact that it happened in the past doesn't prevent one from wishing you could have done something about it or from wanting to help somehow (impossible as it is)? I'm not as empathetic and "paternal" (I guess? maternal would sound weird lol) as some people here, but when I read about the crap that happend to Axl in his childhood, I still sort of feel like wanting to pick the little tyke up to carry him off and keep him safe.

Agree about the second part of your comment though. Uuuhm.

Just now, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

@Frey  What path have you set me on?  Reading all these indexed threads, I've gone and fallen down a Slaxl/Sluff rabbit hole. At this rate, I don't know if I'll ever be able can climb out...not sure that I want to! :lol:

It's actually all one thread- the original Women's Thread.

But yeah, I'm terribly sorry for that!

Enjoy your stay in Slaxl/Sluff hell :awesomeface:

3 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

Recently I had a fling with one legendary rock star and he too, despite being nice and so kind-hearted emerged as someone who never managed normal daily tasks. He was like a toddler having had his ‘people’ do everything for him since his early ‘20s, and never knew how to take initiative, how to make decisions, or how to be in social situations, even down to being able to communicate clearly and concisely with me. 

I don't think this is Slash she is talking about, He's never had 'people' around him in that sense and he is perfectly capable of making decisions, being in all sorts of social situations. Slash was most often the guy who did the press/interview stuff for Guns.

I don't think she's even talking about anyone in GNR. Have any of them had famous girlfriends? Chances are it's probably an English bloke or someone living here because she lives in London. 

I pointed out the same thing on the last page, but @Archtop, @MillionsOfSpiders and @Kris_1989 have a point (or points) as well, so...

1 hour ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Maybe Roxana is just full of shit. I think she would know enough about GnRs fan base to know that anyone of us, even the guys up in D&N, would automatically think of Axl when reading that. 

Selling her more books. 

That's probably all what's going on by making vague statements like that in her article.

17 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

I agree. That sounds nothing like Slash at all. And it fits Axl perfectly, until she mentions that he's cheating on his partner..... so that throws me off.... who is it? :shrugs:

First I thought of Sebastian Bach, but he doesn't past famous girlfriends, does he??

Maybe someone from Mötley Crue? Bon Jovi? Ozzy Osbourne?? loooooooool.... :P

13 minutes ago, Frey said:

Well yeah, but the fact that it happened in the past doesn't prevent one from wishing you could have done something about it or from wanting to help somehow (impossible as it is)? I'm not as empathetic and "paternal" (I guess? maternal would sound weird lol) as some people here, but when I read about the crap that happend to Axl in his childhood, I still sort of feel like wanting to pick the little tyke up to carry him off and keep him safe.

Agree about the second part of your comment though. Uuuhm.

Hmm, I really can't put myself in that position. I don't know what prevents it but I can't picture it like that.... Maybe it is because in the recent years of my life I have learned to not load my back with other people's problems, things that I cannot solve in their life, in order to protect myself from burning out or getting too emotionally charged with the problems of others.

Maybe I'm not the one in the wrong here. There's nothing we can do about his traumatic childhood other than just feel sorry and empathy for what happened and wish for him to having found peace or justice, if he ever wanted that. But charging ourselves emotionally with wanting to be the saviors of Axl Rose in his childhood??? mmm Im sorry but it sounds like wanting to damage your own mental health with all that :unsure:

• Like 1

Her happy birthday tweet to Slash and the one that followed led me to believe it's him she is talking about in the above article, it could of course be completly unrelated. 

I can't see Axl being interested in Roxanne at all, :shrugs: