GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

8 minutes ago, Ubukitty said:

Don't want to intrude on the current conversation but I have some questions about the GnR pop up shop on the 11th. I was wondering if anyone knows if that framed pic of Axl we saw in Fernandos post will be up for sale there. Also what are some of the most interesting, important things you would look for or purchase. What is considered rare anymore and what is considered too much money to pay for that. I know this is kind of a (it's up to you) question but a lot of members have more experience in this field than I do. Thanks.:shrugs:

I think a lot of the jackets and things like that will be too expensive. I would consider a rare t shirt though.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ratam said:

Axl se ofende aunque la otra persona tenga razon, de ahi esa lista tan larga de enemistades, supongo que no le debio tanto a Dizzy, si Dizzy se queda es porque le conviene , me da la sensasion que  Axl sabe todo lo que se dice de el,.Ahora salgamos de  MYGNRFORUM Doblado al español porque nos van a rajar ?

hahaha "mygnr doblado al español en Civisa Media" :rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

7 minutes ago, Ubukitty said:

Don't want to intrude on the current conversation but I have some questions about the GnR pop up shop on the 11th. I was wondering if anyone knows if that framed pic of Axl we saw in Fernandos post will be up for sale there. Also what are some of the most interesting, important things you would look for or purchase. What is considered rare anymore and what is considered too much money to pay for that. I know this is kind of a (it's up to you) question but a lot of members have more experience in this field than I do. Thanks.:shrugs:

No way. That picture was taken by Sante D'Orazio and I think it's only part of his exhibits. He will probably auction it or sell it only after Axl passes away.

I really doubt the pop-up store will have special things because most special things are at the hands of collectors right now (and TB and other people related to the band). This is mostly a bunch of L.A. fashion designers who will probably present their clothes with some GN'R thingy added to it.

Anyway, I'd look for limited edition things, like tshirts and jackets. But they will probably be overpriced so I don't know if it's worth. Depends on how much money you are willing to waste :P

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Asia said:

Why would they need a break from each other? How much time do they spend together off stage? I think they need the opposite - more time with each other to be able to make new music. Also in the past at least they had the opposite problem and always compained they had not enough time together. So I don't understand the break from each other concept at all. A senseless cliche, nothing more.

To come back with new music at the end of 2018 they would have to spend the beginning recording it. The album will not make itself. Which means if they do other things in the first parts of 2018 there is no chance for an album.

And no it isn't interesting. They were doing those "interesting" other things for 24 years. It is more than enough. It is now time for a first proper album of GNR since fucking 1991.

I agree it is time for a new GNR album but maybe they've already committed to other gigs. Who says they won't be recording it in early 18. There is way too much heresay going on and noone knows what to believe. I would prefer to see them doing different things and staying relevant than not see or hear from them at all.

3 minutes ago, killuridols said:

hahaha "mygnr doblado al español en Civisa Media" :rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

No way. That picture was taken by Sante D'Orazio and I think it's only part of his exhibits. He will probably auction it or sell it only after Axl passes away.

I really doubt the pop-up store will have special things because most special things are at the hands of collectors right now (and TB and other people related to the band). This is mostly a bunch of L.A. fashion designers who will probably present their clothes with some GN'R thingy added to it.

Anyway, I'd look for limited edition things, like tshirts and jackets. But they will probably be overpriced so I don't know if it's worth. Depends on how much money you are willing to waste :P

Bummer. I would love to have that. Thanks for the replies so far. I can get the GNR on designer wear at a swapmeet so I'm definitely not interested in that. I'm hoping I'll find something affordable and worth my time. I'll tend toward the t-shirts.

@Asia I loved your last post and I agree 100%. But I really, really wanted an Angus/Axl collaboration...It has all the elements to become legendary.

@Ubukitty I would love to have that framed picture on my walls....But I agree with @killuridols .

I have a question...Sante is still close todo Axl? I know he is close to Fernando...But with Axl?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

I have a question...Sante is still close todo Axl? I know he is close to Fernando...But with Axl?

Of course he is.... how do you think he would be closer to Fernando than Axl??
If Fernando hangs out with any of those people it is because of Axl and not the other way around.

17 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Of course he is.... how do you think he would be closer to Fernando than Axl??
If Fernando hangs out with any of those people it is because of Axl and not the other way around.

Ok, thank you...I have not seen recent pictures of them together since the 90's or 2000's 

4 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Ok, thank you...I have not seen recent pictures of them together since the 90's or 2000's 

There's one from Coachella last year and Sante has posted pictures from the Apollo show, so he was there, definitely. 

@money honey All I could see was boobs in your picture. That tank top looks great on you.

I'm playing trivia games over on Sporcle and I just mistook a Velvet Revolver song for a Guns N' Roses one....Slash's guitar playing threw me off. The song was "Fall To Pieces", I kept thinking it was "Knocking On Heaven's Door" (the GNR version). :facepalm:

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Asia said:

To me there is nothing more legendary than the collaboration of Axl and Slash that gave birth to all the gems and the onstage magic that brought us all here and keeps us all here for years now. The last time they gave us something was 1991 and it was more than legendary. There's nothing in the music world or world of art in general I could possibly want more than another fruit of the chemistry and collaboration between those two.

I couldn't care less about Angus. To me AC/DC does nothing and as for guitarists Angus cannot even be compared to Slash. But I understand you don't discuss tastes. I understand that some people may find it interesting. But it all comes down to one thing anyway. If Axl still cares about this legendary band he's created, he should do a proper album of new music now, thus reastablishing the band's true and deserved glory, tour the new music properly, make Guns great and relevant again as a band and not nostalgia act and then there will be time to do things on the side, not now...

Add Izzy and Steven and I'd say Amen to that

Edited by Tori72
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, money honey said:

:wow: My tank top image has disappeared!! Is it possible that mods deleted it?!

:nervous:

I can't see it either but it doesn't look like the work of mods... Check if it's removed from the source. I remember it was some imgur thing and it had to load.

7 hours ago, Asia said:

To me there is nothing more legendary than the collaboration of Axl and Slash that gave birth to all the gems and the onstage magic that brought us all here and keeps us all here for years now. The last time they gave us something was 1991 and it was more than legendary. There's nothing in the music world or world of art in general I could possibly want more than another fruit of the chemistry and collaboration between those two.

I couldn't care less about Angus. To me AC/DC does nothing and as for guitarists Angus cannot even be compared to Slash. But I understand you don't discuss tastes. I understand that some people may find it interesting. But it all comes down to one thing anyway. If Axl still cares about this legendary band he's created, he should do a proper album of new music now, thus reastablishing the band's true and deserved glory, tour the new music properly, make Guns great and relevant again as a band and not nostalgia act and then there will be time to do things on the side, not now...

Has Guns N' Roses even got a record label any more? 

13 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Has Guns N' Roses even got a record label any more? 

I don't know actually. But Ithey should be able to find one and negotiate pretty good conditions now with all the hype going on...

8 hours ago, Asia said:

Exactly.

Who cares about Axl and Angus when you can have Axl and Slash (not to mention Duff and whoever else might still show up).

• Like 1

If Axl wants to collaborate with Angus he's gonna do it and you all will have to suck it up.

Besides, Axl has collaborated before in between GN'R albums and I'm not sure that prevented the release of that material.

A year previous to Chinese Democracy coming out, he visited the recording studio one single night and laid the vocals for three Sebastian Bach's songs :shrugs:

I can't see the incompatibility.

Edited by killuridols
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

If Axl wants to collaborate with Angus he's gonna do it and you all will have to suck it up.

Good you're mentioning it, cause I was certain that he's gonna listen to us :P Seriously, I think it is more than obvious that we're stating our views and attitudes here and neither of us believes they will have any impact on the decisions Axl or whoever makes. So there's hardly a need to point that out nor is there a purpose for that.

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

Besides, Axl has collaborated before in between GN'R albums and I'm not sure that prevented the release of that material.

A year previous to Chinese Democracy coming out, he visited the recording studio one single night and laid the vocals for three Sebastian Bach's songs

I don't mind him laying vocals for three songs, again neither of us is talking about that. What we're talking about here is a full album and a full tour.

1 hour ago, Frey said:

Exactly.

Who cares about Axl and Angus when you can have Axl and Slash (not to mention Duff and whoever else might still show up).

Yes!

7 minutes ago, Asia said:

Good you're mentioning it, cause I was certain that he's gonna listen to us :P Seriously, I think it is more than obvious that we're stating our views and attitudes here and neither of us believes they will have any impact on the decisions Axl or whoever makes. So there's hardly a need to point that out nor is there a purpose for that.

In that case, it is as OBVIOUS as stating Guns N' Roses needs to release new music ....... really? no one had thought of that :rolleyes:

10 minutes ago, Asia said:

I don't mind him laying vocals for three songs, again neither of us is talking about that. What we're talking about here is a full album and a full tour.

Slash will not sit down to wait until Axl decides what the next GN'R album will be like. He shelved Myles for this tour and if there are no plans of new GN'R music for the next year, then he will shelf GN'R and go do his thing.

We don't know what kind of contract Slash & Duff signed.... maybe it was just for touring so that will end when tour ends. If they are also contracted to make an album, or a single, then we will know about it when the time comes.

It's kind of useless to be opposing to the unknown future. If in a couple months we get some news about their upcoming plans and they do not include releasing new material, ok then, complain.

1 minute ago, killuridols said:

Slash will not sit down to wait until Axl decides what the next GN'R album will be like. He shelved Myles for this tour and if there are no plans of new GN'R music for the next year, then he will shelf GN'R and go do his thing.

I am aware of that, which is why I tend to blame Axl not Slash. :P Something tells me Slash would shelve Myles for another decade if there was a chance of a new album and another smoothly going tour with Guns.

1 minute ago, killuridols said:

We don't know what kind of contract Slash & Duff signed.... maybe it was just for touring so that will end when tour ends. If they are also contracted to make an album, or a single, then we will know about it when the time comes.

I'm rather convinced they only signed for the tour. It was a spontaneous thing, it seems, and they had no idea how this would turn out but all seems to point to it turning out much better than they expected. So, anyway, I guess if there is a need and a desire on their part to make new music, a new contract will not be a problem... Or at least so I hope, cause with them one never knows what shitty and unimprotant thing suddenly becomes a problem...

Stumbled across this, sorry if everyone's already familiar with it.  I don't know who I found more entertaining, Slash or the female host! :lol: Anyway, Slash mentions what draws him to a woman: personality and sex.  I think that's fair enough. ^^

Edit: forgot to mention, Slash jokes about 'occasionally blowing' Eric Dover.  :lol:

Edited by MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle

4 minutes ago, Asia said:

I am aware of that, which is why I tend to blame Axl not Slash. :P Something tells me Slash would shelve Myles for another decade if there was a chance of a new album and another smoothly going tour with Guns.

Totally. And who wouldn't...? lol It's like you're playing in the minor leagues and you're offered to go major..... oh yes please :dance:

6 minutes ago, Asia said:

I'm rather convinced they only signed for the tour. It was a spontaneous thing, it seems, and they had no idea how this would turn out but all seems to point to it turning out much better than they expected. So, anyway, I guess if there is a need and a desire on their part to make new music, a new contract will not be a problem... Or at least so I hope, cause with them one never knows what shitty and unimprotant thing suddenly becomes a problem...

Yeah, me too.

That's why I think Axl will take a time to find out what he wants to do next for GN'R music.... if at all. Not sure if he wants to release the second part of CD after all this :shrugs:

In the meantime, if he's offered to play and record with Angus, I think he will. That's his dream.

• Like 1