British Politics

Gracii Guns

37 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Really!!?? Bet the bar staff there have seen some sights and heard some tales 

David Davis trying to kiss and grope Diane Abbot for example after they won a vote on Brexit two years ago.

Edited by AtariLegend

12 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

David David trying to kiss and grope Diane Abbot for example after they won a vote on Brexit two years ago.

Is that a typo or is there actually a bloke in politics called David David? :lol:  Furthermore why would anyone want to kiss and grope Diane Abbott?!

Edited by Len Cnut

35 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

David David? 

David Davis the man who said this would be the easiest trade deal in history. The man who spent a year and a half negotiating a deal as Brexit secretary that he thought was so awful, he couldn't vote for it.

One of our next possible PMs.

Edited by AtariLegend

What is going on down there?

11618858-6863863-image-a-81_155386624187

Impressive as today's march is - and it is every bit as impressive as the remainers' shindig - you know in your heart it would've always inevitably ended up with a shitty In-Ger-Land hat and a few cans of the wife beater,

NINTCHDBPICT000479389220.jpg?w=960

Remainers drink Moccachinos made out of cat droppings I expect.

Still,

NINTCHDBPICT000479382211.jpg?w=960

Might head down there myself. 

Edited by DieselDaisy

7 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

What is going on down there?

11618858-6863863-image-a-81_155386624187

The leave campaign arranged in advance to bus in leave supporters/protestors today, because this was supposed to be Brexit day.

So you've got Farage and Robinson trying to get on the front page of the Express tomorrow.

Part of the reason why May wanted them to vote today. Didn't work.

Edited by AtariLegend
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

The leave campaign arranged in advance to bus in leave supporters/protestors today, because this was supposed to be Brexit day.

So you've got Farage and Robinson trying to get on the front page of the Express tomorrow.

Part of the reason why May wanted them to vote today. Didn't work.

I think you missed what I actually was asking there (clue, the guy in the front).

2 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

There's a bar at the house of Commons y'know.  I always wanted to work there. 

I bet there's been some cracking stories in there that we never hear about. I remember reading that it's the only bar where they're still aloud to smoke. There was some loophole if I remember correctly.

9 minutes ago, Padme said:

Third time wasn't the charm. What happens next? 

Talk is she might try a 4th time next week putting to a vote next wed. against the most popular option from Mondays non binding indictive votes on customs unions/2nd ref if the speaker let's it.

However she can't go for a custom s union itself at this point even though it'd probably win. It'd split the Tory party. 2nd refrendum still seems unlikely, but better odds than her deal.

It's a disaster. #strong and stable#

Edited by AtariLegend

1 hour ago, spunko12345 said:

I bet there's been some cracking stories in there that we never hear about. I remember reading that it's the only bar where they're still aloud to smoke. There was some loophole if I remember correctly.

‘Remember that time Churchill stood on the bar and said ‘ere, wanna see an impression of Churchill?’ before pulling his nob out and dipping it in a snifter?  How we laughed!’ 

:lol:

• Haha 1

Apparently there were two distinct groups which is a fact going unreported in the media, and of course has been seized upon by remainers who are juxtaposing their peaceful march with some slight violent clashes: one was a Farage led ''leave means leave'' group with that Wetherspoons chap which was peaceful (and largely consisting of old buggers from the photos) and another ''footbally fan'' crowd affiliated with Tommy Robinson and largely comprising of shaven-headed young men slugging lager and burning EU flags. No doubt the latter had a racist veneer, and this was the group which clashed with police, but they were quite distinct from the Farage grouping.  

This country has gone to the dogs. All remainer nutters and brexit nutters are utterly vile in equal measure and I hate both sides equally. 

10 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Apparently there were two distinct groups which is a fact going unreported in the media, and of course has been seized upon by remainers who are juxtaposing their peaceful march with some slight violent clashes: one was a Farage led ''leave means leave'' group with that Wetherspoons chap which was peaceful (and largely consisting of old buggers from the photos) and another ''footbally fan'' crowd affiliated with Tommy Robinson and largely comprising of shaven-headed young men slugging lager and burning EU flags. No doubt the latter had a racist veneer, and this was the group which clashed with police, but they were quite distinct from the Farage grouping.  

This country has gone to the dogs. All remainer nutters and brexit nutters are utterly vile in equal measure and I hate both sides equally. 

I’ve just spent all day laughing my tits off at the readers’ comments on Daily Heil website. :lol: 

10 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

You do realise that the Express is far more Brexity than The Mail (I have been trying to explain this to atari for years)?

I realise this but the Express website is awful. The layout gives me a headache just looking at it so I stick with the Mail when I want to enjoy watching racists cry. :lol: 

1 hour ago, Dazey said:

I realise this but the Express website is awful. The layout gives me a headache just looking at it so I stick with the Mail when I want to enjoy watching racists cry. :lol: 

The actual paper doesn't quite deserve its reputation I feel. It is far too tabloidesque. 90% of it isn't even political. It is rather like the Sun for middle class curtain twitchers. I find the Express a far better example of what people apply to the Mail.

I tell you what The Mail loves more than anything. Pick a boozy day (say, New Year) and sending-off photographers to Newcastle - always Newcastle - sometimes Manchester or occasionally Leeds to photograph ''boozed-up Brits'': kebabs, vomit, stags, girls squatting, the obligatory fat girl crying, punch-ups with police and bouncers. They then produce a large column featuring these high resolution photographs, usually with humorous captions. It is strangely addictive viewing these photos! 

Here is an example: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3380899/Where-streets-no-shame-New-Year-revellers-spill-pubs-clubs-night-drunken-excess-Britain.html

There is even a toff variant, when they cover the drunken carnage at Cheltenham Festival.

But yes, all Mochachino drinking Waitrose buying Remoaners such as yourself should throw their abuse at the Express really. They love ''European horror stories'' - much of them true in fairness; they run a lot of stories about Macron's France been chaos with the yellow jackets movement. They run a lot of stories about how Italy and other Europeans hate the EU. Junker is Public Enemy Number One. 

The Express also has its own weird obsessions, most predominately Diana conspiracy theories. They truly have a bee in their bonnet about the death of Princess Diana. 

Edited by DieselDaisy

8 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

But yes, all Mochachino drinking Waitrose buying Remoaners such as yourself should throw their abuse at the Express really. They love ''European horror stories'' - much of them true in fairness; they run a lot of stories about Macron's France been chaos with the yellow jackets movement. They run a lot of stories about how Italy and other Europeans hate the EU. Junker is Public Enemy Number One. 

The Express also has its own weird obsessions, most predominately Diana conspiracy theories. They truly have a bee in their bonnet about the death of Princess Diana. 

My local Waitrose is actually quite scruffy to be fair. Booths is much nicer if I'm poncing it up between Tesco trips. :lol: 

Edited by Dazey

6 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

The actual paper doesn't quite deserve its reputation I feel. It is far too tabloidesque. 90% of it isn't even political. It is rather like the Sun for middle class curtain twitchers. I find the Express a far better example of what people apply to the Mail.

To be honest I've not bought a print newspaper in years. I've got subscriptions to Edge (videogame nerd magazine), Viz and The Economist but everything else I just read online. 

1 minute ago, Dazey said:

To be honest I've not bought a print newspaper in years. I've got subscriptions to Edge (videogame nerd magazine), Viz and The Economist but everything else I just read online. 

I get The Cricket Paper delivered to my door every Friday.

6 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

There's going to be an Iraq War esque enquiry one day into her conduct on this.

Even if this was a good deal, it'd ridiculous.

Well she hasn't done anything illegal. She is just incompetent (and also possesses merely a weak minority government).