British Politics

Gracii Guns

3 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Having studied the transatlantic slave trade for months at university I cannot say that is true. Most British history books are obsessed with 20th century Germans anyhow. The entire syllabus is geared towards Germany 1914-1945.

3 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!! I lol'd

:lol: Perfect! Im sure you're right they teach em the same way!

And in Canada too, its like that. Colonization is taught about in the exact manner and phrasings that the officer delivered the Statement to the British Army in the video above. :facepalm:

Thanks for reposting it for me!

Edited by soon

That picture reminds me of the Deutsches Historisches Museum in Berlin. I went there expecting to see a lot about the Nazi period, but they barely even touched on that subject. I realize it was a relatively short period in German history, but still...

15 minutes ago, EvanG said:

That picture reminds me of the Deutsches Historisches Museum in Berlin. I went there expecting to see a lot about the Nazi period, but they barely even touched on that subject. I realize it was a relatively short period in German history, but still...

Not exactly something you wanna go on about if you’re a German I suppose.

11 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Not exactly something you wanna go on about if you’re a German I suppose.

That's exactly what my German friend told me. The Holocaust Memorial is impressive though, and I would advise everyone to go there if you ever find yourself in Berlin.

7 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

How many times will May have her deal voted on by Halloween? ...Or will she just wait till October 30th before trying?

It is more like October Fest :P

Right now it looks like Merkel, Macron, Tusk, etc are the people running the show. May should call an election. And she should step aside 

On 29/03/2019 at 2:45 PM, DieselDaisy said:

You can read his mind haha,

_106225568_mediaitem106225567.jpg

I found out recently that my MP in Newport East is quite a looker.

https://images.app.goo.gl/3uGHV85cmse3m4k48

That street there on is about 2 or three down from me. Why beardy is wearing an England rugby top is beyond me.

Edited by spunko12345

18 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

😄 Maybe that photo didn't do her justice, here this ones better. Maybe she's more up @DieselDaisy alley 😄jessicamordenwezg1a-e1488648096792.jpg?r

She looks like a slightly less depressed badger with her 12 step co-signer here :lol:  'a year sober, one day at a time', thats the tag for this pic!

Edited by Len Cnut

53 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

I found out recently that my MP in Newport East is quite a looker.

https://images.app.goo.gl/3uGHV85cmse3m4k48

That street there on is about 2 or three down from me. Why beardy is wearing an England rugby top is beyond me.

Im pretty happy with my MP too. She and our entire Government work at the pleasure of your Queen, so not totally out of place in this thread. :) 

uQgMV5jh.jpg

• GNFNR 1

37 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

She looks like a slightly less depressed badger with her 12 step co-signer here :lol:  'a year sober, one day at a time', thats the tag for this pic!

Or it could be

"Care In The Community... Do you have what it takes?

Ring or apply online."

• Haha 1

On 9/4/2019 at 8:13 AM, EvanG said:

You should've visited Concentration Camps. These days those camps play the role of Museums of the Nazi era. There is one not far away from Berlin.

That Jayne Decker on Sky News seems like a piece of work.

She was interviewing a poor girl who was almost in tears after who's getting evicted for complaining to her landlord about not having a working shower and being locked out of communal areas of the property. Basically Jayne is a landlord and blamed the girl for not buying a home in London instead, said she's had tenants before who couldn't change a light blub. For a millionaire landlord news presenter to look down on the someone being evicted, just horrible. Also tried to suggest it was because she was a millienial basically.

On 13-4-2019 at 2:29 PM, Padme said:

You should've visited Concentration Camps. These days those camps play the role of Museums of the Nazi era. There is one not far away from Berlin.

There's one near Munich that I almost went to when I was staying there. I regret I ended up not going. I want to go to Auschwitz too.... now there's a sentence I thought I'd never say.

3 minutes ago, EvanG said:

There's one near Munich that I almost went to when I was staying there. I regret I ended up not going. I want to go to Auschwitz too.... now there's a sentence I thought I'd never say.

A lot of schools now have trips to Auschwitz for those who study history. 

1 minute ago, janrichmond said:

A lot of schools now have trips to Auschwitz for those who study history. 

Yeah, a lot of people go there, been to Poland quite a few times but never made it to Auschwitz, but I should go one of these days, although it won't be easy.

3 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Yeah, a lot of people go there, been to Poland quite a few times but never made it to Auschwitz, but I should go one of these days, although it won't be easy.

One of my daughters went about 2 years ago, she said it's heartbreaking to see.

• Sad 1