Major Cyber Attacks Across Europe

AtariLegend

4 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

What, computer hackers?!?

Our government is banging on about encryption and security at the minute on some services being too hard for the security services to hack. Likely there'll be legislation stopping software without any means of back door entry passed in this country after the election.

We're cutting funds on letting NHS services upgrade the systems to something that's a few years up to date. We're spending many billions on a trident programme, we can't use without permission from the Americans that apparently runs on windows XP and that when last tested almost hit Florida.

The candidate who's set to lose by a landslide said this just before the hacks;

"Cyber security is probably the greatest threat faced all around the world at the present time, because cyber attacks can disable transport systems, communications... you have to ensure we have the capability to deal with cyber attacks against our crucial infrastructure."

Check out 23 minutes in.

However this man is clearly the biggest threat this country has ever faced and only Theresa May can provide "strong and stable leadership".

here in canada the gov is warning that tomorrow as people "return to work" (because no workers have worked using a computer over the weekend) should be cautious as theres evidence of attacks here too.  Govt wont sight evidence though.

Edited by soon

All nerds. All crap., I cannot wait until aliens nuke this technology and it will be left to people like me, non-skinny jeaned pen and paper toting masters who could not give a monkeys about coffee or One Direction, to inherit the earth. My time is nigh.

5 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

All nerds. All crap., I cannot wait until aliens nuke this technology and it will be left to people like me, non-skinny jeaned pen and paper toting masters who could not give a monkeys about coffee or One Direction, to inherit the earth. My time is nigh.

My old man insists, in 2017, in doing all his accounts on paper.  I mean it gets done in a spreadsheety fuckin' way anyway by somewhere else but there's always the paper set up too, a ledger.  

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Turn it off at the mains then turn it back on again, or, failing that, give the side of the machine a good thump: always works.

Thats actually works y'know, for ages our computer used to make a load whirring racket...and then i'd thump it and it'd hush up...this went on for a year...turns out it was some wire scrapping against some internal fan the thing has and every time i was thumping it i was knocking the wire out of its way :lol: 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, spunko12345 said:

Someone try ctrl, alt, delete it fixes everything.

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

Turn it off at the mains then turn it back on again, or, failing that, give the side of the machine a good thump: always works.

18 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Thats actually works y'know, for ages our computer used to make a load whirring racket...and then i'd thump it and it'd hush up...this went on for a year...turns out it was some wire scrapping against some internal fan the thing has and every time i was thumping it i was knocking the wire out of its way :lol: 

I see the IT crowd is alive and well :lol:

• Like 2

Its a fucking joke that the NHS was hit by this malware. Theresa May and the home secretary seem to think it's a good thing that the NHS wasn't specifically targetted..... "this is an international attack". It's ridiculous. The fact that the NHS wasn't targetted, and yet they still got crippled by this attack is embarrassing.

Now we can look forward to the international manhunt. Catch him and string him up by his bollocks, portray his evilness to the rest of the word and set an example for any wannabe hackers :lol: :rolleyes: