10/29/17 - Toronto, ON - Air Canada Centre

gunsguy

32 minutes ago, downzy said:

Just got back from the show.  

Probably in my top five of GNR shows.

Axl sounded the best I've heard him since 2010.  Was a lot stronger and raspier than the two times I saw him in 2016 and in Buffalo this year.  Seemed like he was enjoying himself.  The rest of the band was on point. Didn't pick up any mistakes but wasn't really listening for them this time around.  

THEY PLAYED PROSTITUTE!!!  With that I've heard every song from Chinese Democracy performed live.  I think I might be the only person not employed by the band to make such a claim.  Great song live, enjoyed it way more than I thought I would.

Other highlight was My Michelle.  Axl sounded fantastic and it was great hearing it live as it's been awhile for me.  

He killed TIL, especially the chorus.  Definitely won the crowd over by the end of the song.

What a difference an earlier start time makes for a Toronto crowd.  This was the fourth time I've seen the band play the ACC here in Toronto (2002, 2006, 2010, 2017) and this was the most energetic crowd I had seen.  Everyone was really into it; a lot of dancing in the stands.  

Again, nothing to complain about this show.  Took my brother as his birthday present; he hadn't seen them since 2002.  He thought it was the best concert he can remember seeing.  

Now just got to find some way of convincing my eight and a half month pregnant wife to let me go tomorrow...  :takethat:

Hey bro, Im coming from Montreal tomorrow to the 30th... what time does the metro closes there? 

Just now, oscar_21 said:

Hey bro, Im coming from Montreal tomorrow to the 30th... what time does the metro closes there? 

TTC (that serves Toronto proper) closes around 1:20 - 1:40am depending on the subway station.  Buses on major streets (Yonge, Queen, Bloor and a few more) run all night.  The GO Train service that serves suburbs and communities outside of Toronto shuts down around 11:00pm depending on what direction you're heading.  Go Buses usually run all night.

44 minutes ago, downzy said:

Axl sounded the best I've heard him since 2010.  Was a lot stronger and raspier than the two times I saw him in 2016 and in Buffalo this year.  Seemed like he was enjoying himself.  The rest of the band was on point. Didn't pick up any mistakes but wasn't really listening for them this time around.  

THEY PLAYED PROSTITUTE!!!  With that I've heard every song from Chinese Democracy performed live.  I think I might be the only person not employed by the band to make such a claim.  Great song live, enjoyed it way more than I thought I would.

Other highlight was My Michelle.  Axl sounded fantastic and it was great hearing it live as it's been awhile for me.  

He killed TIL, especially the chorus.  Definitely won the crowd over by the end of the song.

What a difference an earlier start time makes for a Toronto crowd.  This was the fourth time I've seen the band play the ACC here in Toronto (2002, 2006, 2010, 2017) and this was the most energetic crowd I had seen.  Everyone was really into it; a lot of dancing in the stands.  

Again, nothing to complain about this show.  Took my brother as his birthday present; he hadn't seen them since 2002.  He thought it was the best concert he can remember seeing.  

Now just got to find some way of convincing my eight and a half month pregnant wife to let me go tomorrow...  :takethat:

Kinda random but what show did you hear Riad at and what was your/the crowds reaction to it? I’ve always been curious about that song popping up 3-4 times live and never again.

Edited by AxlRoseCDII

42 minutes ago, downzy said:

Tell her, that there will be a Guns N Roses concert tonight... this will be more than enough... ☺☺☺

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Kinda random but what show did you hear Riad at and what was your/the crowds reaction to it? I’ve always been curious about that song popping up 3-4 times live and never again.

Detroit, 2002. 

And the reaction wasn’t great. To be fair, it didn’t help that it was part of five straight CD songs that almost no one (save for a few who listened to RIR III) had ever heard. 

I noticed tonight that the beginning of this year’s rendition sounds a lot like the guitar riff from Rhiad. 

1 minute ago, Derick said:

The only song that is missing on this setlist is Prostitute between Yesterdays and Coma, right?

Yep

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

correct me if im wrong but I don't think slash has worn those pants since the illusion tour?

Nah he's worn chaps a few times on this tour, once in Seattle, once at a South American gig and at least 1 or 2 more times. Used to wear them more with VR

Edited by Jadeder

3 hours ago, shjtjustgotreal said:

@oscar_21 duuuuuuuuuuuuudddee where are them new videos at??? long time subscriber here :D:D:D 

haha, well, been busy.... last ones were Worms, Moltrail 2, and whirlirbird .....  Was thinkin on Molt or toystore...

anyway...

thanks for the tips !!! Im staying on seaton and sherbourne ... close to the venue I suppose, so maybe a walk is not that far? 

Edited by oscar_21
quotating