10/29/17 - Toronto, ON - Air Canada Centre

gunsguy

8 hours ago, downzy said:

Just got back from the show.  

Probably in my top five of GNR shows.

Axl sounded the best I've heard him since 2010.  Was a lot stronger and raspier than the two times I saw him in 2016 and in Buffalo this year.  Seemed like he was enjoying himself.  The rest of the band was on point. Didn't pick up any mistakes but wasn't really listening for them this time around.  

THEY PLAYED PROSTITUTE!!!  With that I've heard every song from Chinese Democracy performed live.  I think I might be the only person not employed by the band to make such a claim.  Great song live, enjoyed it way more than I thought I would.

Other highlight was My Michelle.  Axl sounded fantastic and it was great hearing it live as it's been awhile for me.  

He killed TIL, especially the chorus.  Definitely won the crowd over by the end of the song.

What a difference an earlier start time makes for a Toronto crowd.  This was the fourth time I've seen the band play the ACC here in Toronto (2002, 2006, 2010, 2017) and this was the most energetic crowd I had seen.  Everyone was really into it; a lot of dancing in the stands.  

Again, nothing to complain about this show.  Took my brother as his birthday present; he hadn't seen them since 2002.  He thought it was the best concert he can remember seeing.  

Now just got to find some way of convincing my eight and a half month pregnant wife to let me go tomorrow...  :takethat:

I very happy you enjoy future dad !!👪💕

• Thanks 1

REVIEW : http://torontosun.com/entertainment/music/guns-n-roses

Love this part, it's so true : "Fortus was also a powerhouse performer and he and Slash had the best chemistry on the enormous stage dominated by a large video screen on to which images (like skeletons having sex) were projected, and various sets of stairs led to an upper stage where Rose, Slash and Fortus sometimes ventured. "

Fortus is the king! ;)

Edited by Sunset Boulevard
  • Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

10 hours ago, downzy said:

Just got back from the show.  

Probably in my top five of GNR shows.

Axl sounded the best I've heard him since 2010.  Was a lot stronger and raspier than the two times I saw him in 2016 and in Buffalo this year.  Seemed like he was enjoying himself.  The rest of the band was on point. Didn't pick up any mistakes but wasn't really listening for them this time around.  

THEY PLAYED PROSTITUTE!!!  With that I've heard every song from Chinese Democracy performed live.  I think I might be the only person not employed by the band to make such a claim.  Great song live, enjoyed it way more than I thought I would.

Other highlight was My Michelle.  Axl sounded fantastic and it was great hearing it live as it's been awhile for me.  

He killed TIL, especially the chorus.  Definitely won the crowd over by the end of the song.

What a difference an earlier start time makes for a Toronto crowd.  This was the fourth time I've seen the band play the ACC here in Toronto (2002, 2006, 2010, 2017) and this was the most energetic crowd I had seen.  Everyone was really into it; a lot of dancing in the stands.  

Again, nothing to complain about this show.  Took my brother as his birthday present; he hadn't seen them since 2002.  He thought it was the best concert he can remember seeing.  

Now just got to find some way of convincing my eight and a half month pregnant wife to let me go tomorrow...  :takethat:

It’s amazing how good my Michelle comes across live. It sounds awful on some videos but that was the song that I could agree just has to be seen to enjoy. 

Ive said this before but all AFD songs, for whatever reason, come across incredibly well live. Obviously the songs on that album are incredible but the simplicity of their original makeup just kill in a live setting. It’s no wonder they took off in the LA scene in the mid 80’s. 

9 minutes ago, Derick said:

Finilly he used this area of the stage..Nice!!

That’s hilarious! He used the stairs in the first show in Detroit in 2016 then said “F that” and I haven’t seen him go to the top since haha he’s probably started working out again. 

Other thing I love about Axl running or climbing those stairs is he can’t use his falsetto or whatever voice haha every time he runs he has to bring out his low natural vocals...we just gotta get Axl moving more on YCBM. His preset moves are giving him too much breath for his Mickey voice 

9:15 for the stair climbing haha for those that have no idea what this reply was about 

Edited by IncitingChaos
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, oscar_21 said:

thanks for the tips !!! Im staying on seaton and sherbourne ... close to the venue I suppose, so maybe a walk is not that far? 

That's a serious walk, maybe 50-60 minutes one way.  TTC should get you home, but an Uber ride would cost no more than $6-$9.

21 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

That’s hilarious! He used the stairs in the first show in Detroit in 2016 then said “F that” and I haven’t seen him go to the top since haha he’s probably started working out again. 

Other thing I love about Axl running or climbing those stairs is he can’t use his falsetto or whatever voice haha every time he runs he has to bring out his low natural vocals...we just gotta get Axl moving more on YCBM. His preset moves are giving him too much breath for his Mickey voice 

Haha true!! I dont know why he stopped using that part maybe he´s afraid..lately he´s a little bit clumsy..also a coulpe years ago he suffered some falls on stage, maybe is that..:shrugs:

My review. Last nights show was incredible!! Closest I’ve ever been to them. Row 9 on Slash’s side of the stage in the middle. Prostitute is a very hypnotizing tune live!! :headbang:

I have some really cool pics but not sure how to upload them here anymore which sucks for you fine folks... 🤔🙄😎

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gunsguy said:

selling litho?

I didn't see any Merch stands where I went in from. Plenty of litho inside. Don't think they really sold all well (considering the design) being that they were still available at 7pm- not sure how well they will go for on eBay. I passed on the litho but opted for the exclusive shirt that showcases the litho from both nights.

Considering that Prostitute video is filmed from near the back behind the mixing desk it sure doesn't sound like nobody gave a crap like all the CD detractors say. After the outro finishes that's a pretty decent response. 

That Madagascar scream! Best fucking be a good boot of this version somewhere! Best version yet on this tour. I know i'm repeating myself but just look how animated Slash is through the whole song, especially after the solo running onto the front monitors and then watching Frank after. I really think he really likes that song, amazingly. And again, the crowd reaction after from right at the back is not what the CD haters keep telling us. 

He sounds a lot stronger on the Better verses than i've heard him in a LONG time. It sounds like he's actually singing it and into it rather than just truing to get the lines out. But the screaming parts...yikes. Same as on Patience he sounds pretty frayed. But again: huge cheer at the end. 

Wow, I see what @@downzy is saying about TIL. That's the raspiest he's been on the chorus since maybe 2010 and after the first one the crowd react., just like they used to. The voice is clearly pretty tired and frayed but he's fucking powering through. Holy crap, he holds the final note even longer than he did in 2010! And the crowd sound proper into it. Fucking awesome version. Anyone who thinks it doesn't deserve to be in the set because they can't relate and don't like it is an idiot.

But I do see where  @Pskihq92 was coming from in that he was wobbling and cracking all over the verses but he made it work and rather than sounding like he was struggling it just added vulnerability that contrasted with him rasping the fuck out of the chorus. Literally the only version i'd listen to outside of 2010 regularly. If Slash would just get it together and write his own thing instead of wanking it'd be near as dammit perfect. 

Edited by Jordan Rose