A guess at the reason we are gettin so many CD tracks live

No new album in the pipeline if ever so it makes sense to have Slash n Duff performing CD trax as they never played on the record, Hence to the majority those are 'new' songs, for us it was a million years ago.

Thoughts? Im sure im right on the money...

• Like 1

I dont know WHY they play so much CD Songs live now. :max:

I also don't know if Duff and Slash like all those Songs or just 2 or 3 and somehow are forced to play more CD Songs than during the last leg of the tour....

but I know that I don't like more CD Songs than we already had. :anger: I love all GNR Albums with 2 exceptions: CD and Spaghetti Incident because thats not GNR for me. I dont want to bitch around the setlist, but CD didn t sell much copies, because neither normal fans liked the Album that much nor the GNR comunity liked it much. I bought CD - of course - but I like only Better and This is Love, I cannot listen and enjoy Songs like "If the world" or "Catcher in the Rye" . So I don t get the Point in playing them live to an audience if even min.50% of the die hards like me dont like CD Songs.

I would prefer more Songs from Lies, Appetite or UYI -nevermind - but not more CD Songs please. And no more cover Songs from other Bands. I prefer they Play 20 min. less than to hear 3 cover Songs like "The Seeker" or "Whole lotta Rosie"

• Like 3

I think the reason why they play CD tracks is because it's the most recent GNR record and hopefully that means that they don't see themselves as a nostalgia band, but they're actually looking at the future and planning on releasing new material as a band. They might also want to save some UYI deepcuts for later tours in the future.

11 minutes ago, Lio said:

Some time ago I read on this forum someone didn't want new music from this line-up, now I'm reading someone wants the show to be shorter. My head is spinning here. Sorry, I can't take this seriously.

Same.

I don't care if they play 3 or 4 CD songs (what's 3 or 4 Songs out of 24?), I only wish they'd swap out the ones they're playing for different CD songs. Which they appear to be doing (sort of at least), so I can't complain too much.

And also swap out all the pointless covers for UYI deep cuts.

Edited by Frey

15 minutes ago, Lio said:

Some time ago I read on this forum someone didn't want new music from this line-up, now I'm reading someone wants the show to be shorter. My head is spinning here. Sorry, I can't take this seriously.

I didn t say that the Show shall be shorter; I said IF they have to include so many cover Songs that are not GNR Songs I would prefer a shorter Show. I am here to hear GNR not Songs from other bands. OK? I love the fact they Play 3 hours, but the 3 hours should be filled with GNR Songs no covers please.... so don't generalize please that I wanted a shorter Show.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Natty said:

I didn t say that the Show shall be shorter; I said IF they have to include so many cover Songs that are not GNR Songs I would prefer a shorter Show. I am here to hear GNR not Songs from other bands. OK? I love the fact they Play 3 hours, but the 3 hours should be filled with GNR Songs no covers please.... so don't generalize please that I wanted a shorter Show.

So from last night you'd scratch Black Hole Sun and The Seeker? Or LALD, KOHD and Attitude too? The Godfather? It's a genuine question. GNR have always done covers either instrumental or not, half of Lies are covers. Just curious to know where you'd draw the line.

I would agree with you if they played a two hour set, but they play three hours. Plus many people there seem to enjoy the covers, and the band does too. So I see no harm in it.

13 minutes ago, Lio said:

So from last night you'd scratch Black Hole Sun and The Seeker? Or LALD, KOHD and Attitude too? The Godfather? It's a genuine question. GNR have always done covers either instrumental or not, half of Lies are covers. Just curious to know where you'd draw the line.

I would agree with you if they played a two hour set, but they play three hours. Plus many people there seem to enjoy the covers, and the band does too. So I see no harm in it.

I would draw the line here: no Seeker and no Black Hole Sun. Or Whole Lotta Rosie when they Play it.

Attitude is fine for me, because I wanna hear Duff singing.. and as Long as they don't perform "So Fine" which I would enjoy, I am super fine if they have Attitude in the set list.

I know that GNR has a lot of cover Songs, but they are on the Albums, I love Mama Kin, KOHD and so on, they are GNR Songs. But I dont Need the other Songs like the ACDC covers or Black Hole Sun.

So basically all the Songs that are on a GNR Album are no cover Songs in my eyes. The fact I don t like CD doesnt make it better for me if they Play 4 CD Songs plus 2-3 covers.

The godfather is an intro for Sweet Child so thats ok.

14 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Here is a damning statistic for you. 42% of the current setlist is either Chinese or a cover!

I know. So what? I love the covers that are on a GNR Album like KOHD, Mama Kin, LALD  etc.

I just dont like CD Songs (exept Better and This is Love) and ACDC covers or covers from Other Bands that arent on a GNR Album.

Edited by Natty

Just now, Natty said:

I know. So what? I love the covers that are on a GNR Album like KOHD, Mama Kin, LALD  etc.

I just dont like CD Songs (expect Better and This is Love) and ACDC covers or covers from Other Bands that arent on a GNR Album.

Well they're all covers irrespective of whether they appeared on an album (or not), i.e. they were not written by Guns N' Roses.

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

Well they're all covers irrespective of whether they appeared on an album (or not), i.e. they were not written by Guns N' Roses.

:facepalm: Oh my god, so you are one of those persons who analyses every word and always have to be right?

I explained what covers are ok for me and which not. I dont want to discuss the meaning of "Cover". Have a nice day.

Just now, Natty said:

:facepalm: Oh my god, so you are one of those persons who analyses every word and always have to be right?

I explained what covers are ok for me and which not. I dont want to discuss the meaning of "Cover". Have a nice day.

You instigated the conversation. You replied to a general remark by me which was not aimed at anyone in particular!

1 minute ago, Lies They Tell said:

Only if you count the intros, like Layla etc, which aren't even complete songs really. Otherwise it's about 37%, which is not too bad.

That is certainly a matter of perspective. 37% of a two plus hour show is a long time at the men's urinal haha.

They play about 26 songs per night, so 4 or 5 songs from ChiDem isn't so bad. The setlist has all the hits, it has UYI deep cuts (Coma, Estranged, DTJ) and it has ChiDem songs for us who like that era too. There's literally something for everyone. Though, in all fairness, I think they should play Slither at least once. But I think the setlist is pretty damn good now. It covers all the eras.

Just my two cents...

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Here is a damning statistic for you. 42% of the current setlist is either Chinese or a cover!

BUT we shouldn't disregard Chinese because Slash & Duff weren't original members on the album

Axl, Richard, dizzy and Frank played on it, its a legitimate album released by Guns N Roses.

They brought back coma, out to get me, my Michelle, so its not just CD tracks they are resurrecting!

5 minutes ago, Axl_morris said:

BUT we shouldn't disregard Chinese because Slash & Duff weren't original members on the album

Axl, Richard, dizzy and Frank played on it, its a legitimate album released by Guns N Roses.

They brought back coma, out to get me, my Michelle, so its not just CD tracks they are resurrecting!

A lot of people hate that album and/or believe it is an illegitimate album.

• Like 3