#Appetite30th Ads In NYC

Lots of ads popping up around the city. If it were just the ones by the Apollo, I'd think it was just promo for that show. But add in Times Square, for a sold-our invite-only show? Curious to see where this leads...

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n-roses-appetite-for-destruction-30th-anniversary-ads-mysteriously-pop-up-in-new-york-city/

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, axlslash said:

Lots of ads popping up around the city. If it were just the ones by the Apollo, I'd think it was just promo for that show. But add in Times Square, for a sold-our invite-only show? Curious to see where this leads...

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n-roses-appetite-for-destruction-30th-anniversary-ads-mysteriously-pop-up-in-new-york-city/

I am also open to the possibility of this being something more than just the show.

Though,

The posters have only been spotted in NYC, no where else in the US right?

As for it being an ad for a sold-out invite-only show, well it's being broadcast on the radio as well for anyone to tune in. On the other hand... then we should've seen posters all over the country?

Hard to say...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

The success of this show entirely is on Axl!  I think he'll step up 

Well, he has been at his absolute worst since 2014 on the lead up to this. Hopefully he turns up on fire for this one, but it would be typical Axl of him to show up and mickey the shit out of it.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

:lol::(

A little part of me dies every time I say that, but it's just the truth. It was somewhere around 2006 where I was like "Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, ok. THIS is how things are gonna go from here out..." then it got worse from there out. So I just keep my expectations as low as possible and be pleasantly surprised by anything above that. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Drunk_on_Drugs said:

So you'd be happy knowing they toured most of the world and then only reformed the 5 for a night that barely anyone gets to see live?

Short answer: yes. 

Whatever the reasons, they couldn't/wouldn't do it for the long tour. If they can put it aside for one night, that would be amazing. 

Just now, Drunk_on_Drugs said:

Shame they won't then, ay ?

Didn't say I thought they would. There's certainly a chance though. Stevens already played multiple times this tour. Izzy has played with Axl in recent years. A 30th anniversary show to commemorate AFD...why would it be that unreasonable?

2 hours ago, Drunk_on_Drugs said:

Fuck this band if they have the afd 5 reunite for this

Are you for real?  lol

1 hour ago, Drunk_on_Drugs said:

So you'd be happy knowing they toured most of the world and then only reformed the 5 for a night that barely anyone gets to see live?

Happy?  No...but I would appreciate the fact they got together to celebrate what they all created together.  It's their record, not ours or yours.  Stop being so fucking selfish dude.  

• Like 1