Hypothetical Rolling Strad'

With the awful news of Ronnie Wood's cancer scare it got me thinking: Along the lines of Axl/DC I'd bet Izzy would be a front runner to replace a Stones guitarist if needs be (although Stones minus Keef would not be right ever).

I'd prob rather see this than him back in GN'R tbh. I remember he was supposed to join New York Dolls and I was gutted when (typically) he pulled out but I'd bet Lazy Stradlin would jump at the chance to be a Stone for a tour quicker than he would be a Gun again. 

Again just a hypotheses but fun to think about none the less. 

Edited by Izzymacbeth
Spelling

First of all Ronnie is ok by now !

Hypothetical...

... 4tus could join them, so they don't have to get used to a new face/hair typ :lol:

...as we know Izzy isn't very fond of touring, and the Stones "Tour-Circus" is as big or even bigger than the Guns one...

and last but not least...Mick, Keith (+Charlie) would never split the loot equally !

so... NO! , not even hypothetical👅

• Like 1

Would definitely make more sense, but according to Mick Taylor:

“To ask if I regret leaving the Rolling Stones is to ask the wrong question,” he stated. “The hard one to answer is, do I regret joining them?”

The Stones without Keef would upset me greatly, even with Izzy (although Id like to see him in any capacity).

Mick Taylor is one of my all time favorite guitarists, but Ronnie is very much a Stone. I dont want him to leave the band either.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

The Stones without Keef would upset me greatly, even with Izzy (although Id like to see him in any capacity).

Mick Taylor is one of my all time favorite guitarists, but Ronnie is very much a Stone. I dont want him to leave the band either.

Yep Stones without Keith, would be like....äh...Guns without Slash -> ridiculous !!!:P

• Like 4

The Rolling Stones ARE a sacred band, gnr WAS a sacred band up until axl destroyed the name and brand with his little boy ego and hired employees. 

izzy is no ones replacement, any of these bands should get on their knees and beg izzy to share the stage with them.  

Yeah that's not happening. Axl with ACDC made sense but I seriously couldn't imagine Izzy doing a major tour with one of (if not) the biggest bands of the world randomly when he's never done anything of the caliber since the early 90's. At least Axl had been performing constantly during the 2000's even if the performances became subpar.

Edited by AxlRoseCDII

4 hours ago, EricA said:

First of all Ronnie is ok by now !

Hypothetical...

... 4tus could join them, so they don't have to get used to a new face/hair typ :lol:

...as we know Izzy isn't very fond of touring, and the Stones "Tour-Circus" is as big or even bigger than the Guns one...

and last but not least...Mick, Keith (+Charlie) would never split the loot equally !

so... NO! , not even hypothetical👅

not sure you really meant what you wrote or if you were just doing light humor or something

i cant answer for izzy but from what i have read about how much he loves the stones i suppose he would tour with them for like 180 years before even remembering that he isnt fond of big tours

about the loot, i am sure he would do it even for free, given how much he loves those guys

(and of course izzy would never ask any loot to be split equally in a band where he didnt write any songs)

PS: why on earth did you even mention richard the guitar player in a fascinating what-if rock n roll conversation like this?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Izzymacbeth said:

With the awful news of Ronnie Wood's cancer scare it got me thinking: Along the lines of Axl/DC I'd bet Izzy would be a front runner to replace a Stones guitarist if needs be (although Stones minus Keef would not be right ever).

I'd prob rather see this than him back in GN'R tbh. I remember he was supposed to join New York Dolls and I was gutted when (typically) he pulled out but I'd bet Lazy Stradlin would jump at the chance to be a Stone for a tour quicker than he would be a Gun again. 

Again just a hypotheses but fun to think about none the less. 

Long story short, even Daryl Jones isn't a Rolling Stone. And he's been with them since 1993. So there won't be anybody replacing anybody anymore. I can't imagine the Stones still going on after one of them dies. And honestly, that's how it should be. Keith and Ronnie's weaving is irreplaceable. So are Mick's voice and stage presence and Charlie's drumming. 

Edited by username
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

not sure you really meant what you wrote or if you were just doing light humor or something

i cant answer for izzy but from what i have read about how much he loves the stones i suppose he would tour with them for like 180 years before even remembering that he isnt fond of big tours

about the loot, i am sure he would do it even for free, given how much he loves those guys

(and of course izzy would never ask any loot to be split equally in a band where he didnt write any songs)

PS: why on earth did you even mention richard the guitar player in a fascinating what-if rock n roll conversation like this?

That i mentioned 4tus was a joke, yes!

For the rest of my post, this was'nt meant funny or something, i don't see Izzy touring with ANY big band, and IF, he would'nt do it for free only because of loving the band !

Izzy is a musician/songwriter/artist, call it what ever you like, but this is a JOB and what he does for living, why the hell should he do it for free?

But this is only MY opinion on this hypothetical fascinating what-if rock n roll conversation!

19 minutes ago, EricA said:

That i mentioned 4tus was a joke, yes!

For the rest of my post, this was'nt meant funny or something, i don't see Izzy touring with ANY big band, and IF, he would'nt do it for free only because of loving the band !

Izzy is a musician/songwriter/artist, call it what ever you like, but this is a JOB and what he does for living, why the hell should he do it for free?

But this is only MY opinion on this hypothetical fascinating what-if rock n roll conversation!

oh i see

what i mean is that everyone says "izzy doesnt like touring" but i am sure he would have no problems doing whatever HUGE MONSTER tour on his terms, which, to be honest, seems to be basically not-axl-crazy terms. i dont think izzy would have any problem with touring if axl wasnt creating problems all the time

from what i have read izzy loves the stones so much that whatever "problems" (not being fond of touring, not enough money, or anything like that) would become really small when confrontated with the chance to play with the stones.

i think he would be there in a heartbeat!

42 minutes ago, username said:

Long story short, even Daryl Jones isn't a Rolling Stone. And he's been with them since 1993. So there won't be anybody replacing anybody anymore. I can't imagine the Stones still going on after one of them dies. And honestly, that's how it should be. Keith and Ronnie's weaving is irreplaceable. So are Mick's voice and stage presence and Charlie's drumming. 

I didn't mean being a member. Just doing some shows. And again HYPOTHETICAL 🙂

3 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

None of em could replace a Stone, especially not now, The Stones want someone reliable.  There is no Stones without Charlie, Mick or Keef. 

This.

Bands that lose key members, especially this late, arent fooling anyone but they can still produce good shows. There will always be that mental astrek. Like Queen, The Eagles, ACDC, etc