Video Assistant Referee:

RICCI Sandro BRA

Assistant Video Assistant Referee 1:

DE CARVALHO Emerson BRA

Assistant Video Assistant Referee 2:

VARGAS Gery BOL

Assistant Video Assistant Referee 3:

LOPES MARTINS Tiago Bruno POR

Revenge for Englang winning the World Cup in 1966???

Edited by AtariLegend

4 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

Video Assistant Referee:

RICCI Sandro BRA

Assistant Video Assistant Referee 1:

DE CARVALHO Emerson BRA

Assistant Video Assistant Referee 2:

VARGAS Gery BOL

Assistant Video Assistant Referee 3:

LOPES MARTINS Tiago Bruno POR

Team Brazil :smiley-confused2:

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

Revenge for Englang winning the World Cup in 1966???

or the British Empire. 

The VAR team, which is based in a KGB video operation room (VOR) in Moscow’s International Broadcast Centre, consists of the video assistant referee (VAR) and three assistant video assistant referees (yes, you read that correctly) − AVAR1, AVAR2 and AVAR3. All of them will be dressed in full refereeing kit and all hate England.

England were quite excellent in the first half but lacked a little cohesion in the second. First half their passing was quick. The penalty was a soft one for me, especially as Kane got Rugby tackled at least on two occasions. Tunisia were a sort of squalid dirty/defensive team who do their best to frustrate oppositions. 

Overall, nice little victory.

5 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

I'll be the only one way to say this, but it doesn't bode well when you struggle to beat one of the weakest teams in the tourny. Yeah Brazil, Spain/Portugal drew and it's only the opening game, but they were all playing better sides.

It’s England they aren’t going to win the WC. I could see them losing that game easily. 

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

England were quite excellent in the first half but lacked a little cohesion in the second. First half their passing was quick. The penalty was a soft one for me, especially as Kane got Rugby tackled at least on two occasions. Tunisia were a sort of squalid dirty/defensive team who do their best to frustrate oppositions. 

Overall, nice little victory.

Panama next. England 3 Van Halen II. 

11 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

I'll be the only one way to say this, but it doesn't bode well when you struggle to beat one of the weakest teams in the tourny. Yeah Brazil, Spain/Portugal drew and it's only the opening game, but they were all playing better sides.

There are many teams ranked lower than Tunisia (21) in the rankings including Iceland, who drew with Argentina recently, Sweden, Serbia, Australia, Egypt and Japan. Heck, Tunisia are only two positions behind Italy.

Edited by DieselDaisy

16 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

There are many teams ranked lower than Tunisia (21) in the rankings including Iceland, who drew with Argentina recently, Sweden, Serbia, Australia, Egypt and Japan. Heck, Tunisia are only two positions behind Italy.

Arg's are pretty hopeless, dependent on Messi and can't defend and not exactly star studded outside the attack and Javier who swapped Spain for China.

Fifa Rankings are misleadling, Tusnia's were wipping the board in African qualifying, because they were facing Congo and Libya. Alot holes in Fifa rankings.

Edited by AtariLegend

5 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

England played against nobody. Yet it was hard to win. Keep in mind Tunisia had the back up goal keeper and  horrible strikers. Tunisia just meant to keep the draw to the end. Kane scored two goals. But he wasn't the leader on the pitch. And of course Walker and his stupidity.  The positive is that England never gave up and they kept fighting. But in an eventual quater final match it might not be enough

3 minutes ago, Padme said:

England played against nobody. Yet it was hard to win. Keep in mind Tunisia had the back up goal keeper and  horrible strikers. Tunisia just meant to keep the draw to the end. Kane scored two goals. But he wasn't the leader on the pitch. And of course Walker and his stupidity.  The positive is that England never gave up and they kept fighting. But in an eventual quater final match it might not be enough

3 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

Arg's are pretty hopeless, dependent on Messi and can't defend and not exactly start studded outside the attack and Javier who swapped Spain for China.

Fifa Rankings are misleadling, Tusnia's were wipping the board in African qualifying, because they were facing Congo and Libya. Alot holes in Fifa rankings.

09 Jun 2018 Tunisia v Spain 0-1

01 Jun 2018 Tunisia v Turkey 2-2

28 May 2018 Portugal v Tunisia 2-2

Not the worst set of results going into a world cup in fairness and that Spanish loss was a consequence of an 84th minute goal.

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

Not the worst set of results going into a world cup in fairness and that Spanish loss was a consequence of an 84th minute goal

It was friendly. Spain was more concerned about avoiding serious injuries.

17 minutes ago, Padme said:

It was friendly. Spain was more concerned about avoiding serious injuries.

So what are you saying here, that Tunisia are significantly worse than teams like the Saudis, Iranians, Panamanians, Moroccans, etc etc., teams also present at the competition? I'd also include the Koreans and Nigerians who looked desperately poor. Don't forget that I didn't claim Tunisia are ''great'' or ''good'' here: I merely don't agree that they are ''one of the weakest teams'' present.

Edited by DieselDaisy

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

So what are you saying here, that Tunisia are significantly worse than teams like the Saudis, Iranians, Panamanians, Moroccans, etc etc., teams also present at the competition? I'd also include the Koreans and Nigerians who looked desperately poor. Don't forget that I didn't claim Tunisia are ''great'' or ''good'' here: I merely don't agree that they are ''one of the weakest teams'' present.

No, Tunisia is at the same level than Iran, Panama, Island etc. I see Korea and Nigeria a little above. Mexico way above all those teams. Sure you may find one star player in Tunisia or Iran. But despite quailifying for the WC I don't believe they are better than Italy or Netherlands. Mexico and Panama are in the WC because they don't play against Argentina, Brazil or Uruguay in the qualifying. Mexico might still qualify playing against those teams. Panama no way! 

3 minutes ago, Padme said:

No, Tunisia is at the same level than Iran, Panama, Island etc. I see Korea and Nigeria a little above. Mexico way above all those teams. Sure you may find one star player in Tunisia or Iran. But despite quailifying for the WC I don't believe they are better than Italy or Netherlands. Mexico and Panama are in the WC because they don't play against Argentina, Brazil or Uruguay in the qualifying. Mexico might still qualify playing against those teams. Panama no way! 

I see your Iranians, Saudis and Panamanians as being a tier below Tunisia I'm afraid.

5 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I see your Iranians, Saudis and Panamanians as being a tier below Tunisia I'm afraid.

I said at the same level. Playing qualifying in Europe is very different than playing it in Asia or Africa. 

Just now, Padme said:

I said at the same level. Playing qualifying in Europe is very different than playing it in Asia or Africa. 

I'll put it another way. Your Iran/Saudi/Panama type sides are the type of teams you should be putting 4+ goals away. I'd include your Chinas also but they haven't qualified. Tunisia seem more Japan standard. 

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I'll put it another way. Your Iran/Saudi/Panama type sides are the type of teams you should be putting 4+ goals away. I'd include your Chinas also but they haven't qualified. Tunisia seem more Japan standard. 

They are not my Iran or Panama. If it was up to me those teams wouldn't even be in the WC, neither Tunisia or Japan. But FIFA wants them. I think Germany, Argentina, Spain, Brazil, England should beat the living shit out of them. But they either draw, lose or barely win against them. Maybe because is still early in the tournament. Maybe because they are not used to play against those teams. Or maybe because European and South American teams play way too many European and South American tournaments every year. And they are a bit overwhelmed

• GNFNR 1

I think Japan should, they've at least made it past the group stages a few times and won the Asia version of the Euro's three times this century. It's also the world cup, not the European/South American Cup.

South Korea might not be very good, but they have a better World Cup record this century than England technically.