THE OFFICIAL PROPER FOOTBALL THREAD 2020/21

Len Cnut

2 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Rivals suggests that there was ever any competition between the two :lol:

The rivalry with England is political, I think.... I don't know how it is over there, but people here are still butthurt about certain things and people living in the "Fucklands" still hate us, so... now that there is Internet, it is even worse.

Besides, Argentinian love drama and blaming others :P so whenever we can blame the British, we do it... for just about anything.... Brazil also gets blamed a lot, but in their case it is really more football competition than politics.

2 hours ago, Padme said:

The problem is that FIFA keeps picking up weird ass places to host the WC. And they keep expaning the amount of teams participating. Just keep 25 teams. So we mostly would have South American and European teams. Those are the leagues that matter, 99% of the football stars come from those countries

Like  South Africa 2010, WTF???? South Africa cares about Rugby. They should host Rugby WC not football. 2026, Mexico, U.S. and Canda. Three countries? WTF??? Mexico makes perfect sense. But not the U.S. and Canada. Qatar 2022 WTF??? Playing football in the middle of the desert?

I don't know  much about this but hosting a WC implies a huge ass bucket of money for a country and years of developing infraestructure, in case they don't have it.

Brazil is still paying their WC and probably will for many more years. I agree that these countries are the craddle of football but being poor is a big reason to have it hosted at places that have the money and not the passion.

Mexico can't afford the WC and in some ways, I've heard they are thankful Canada and the USA will participate too... and even in this case, Mexicans are not happy because they think the country should not be wasting money in such luxury.

Same would be with Argentina... we are fuckin' poor at this moment, dealing with the worst government of the last 10 years, so I really don't see how we could host a WC without having a social revolt against it (with all that Argentinians love football).

50 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I think the world cup has come alive. 

Probably because it was the British Broadcasting Corporation you were watching and one of the British teams has a big match on Monday. If You were watching La 1 or Das Erste I'd agree with you about the oddity of the coverage.

Yep. They didnt mention english team on croatian tv :)

Just some British journalist asked little rat Modric question he didn t like and he went mad...

I'm watching the Australia/France game and the video ref bullshit ruins the game. You get some dodgy penalties, you give some away, it evens itself out...that's life...like Australia getting one 2 minutes after France.

I'd also like to add Ronaldo's a little prick, but a talented one. I'm not watching on BBC so when he scored his last goal they went to a break and I had to see his fucking aftershave advert... I won't be buying it...im assuming it smells like a whores handbag.

Edited by aliexpress
Missed a few words as had a few beers

I felt that Portugal was playing on Ronaldo, and Ronaldo alone. Stark contrast to Spain, which made the way they played far more enjoyable to me. 

The fact that Ronaldo made it seem like he doesn't understand the concept of sportsmanship didn't exactly improve the situation.

Edited by Waemoth

18 hours ago, killuridols said:

The rivalry with England is political, I think.... I don't know how it is over there, but people here are still butthurt about certain things and people living in the "Fucklands" still hate us, so... now that there is Internet, it is even worse.

Besides, Argentinian love drama and blaming others :P so whenever we can blame the British, we do it... for just about anything.... Brazil also gets blamed a lot, but in their case it is really more football competition than politics.

I don't know  much about this but hosting a WC implies a huge ass bucket of money for a country and years of developing infraestructure, in case they don't have it.

Brazil is still paying their WC and probably will for many more years. I agree that these countries are the craddle of football but being poor is a big reason to have it hosted at places that have the money and not the passion.

Mexico can't afford the WC and in some ways, I've heard they are thankful Canada and the USA will participate too... and even in this case, Mexicans are not happy because they think the country should not be wasting money in such luxury.

Same would be with Argentina... we are fuckin' poor at this moment, dealing with the worst government of the last 10 years, so I really don't see how we could host a WC without having a social revolt against it (with all that Argentinians love football).

What I meant was we never do shit against you :lol: