THE OFFICIAL PROPER FOOTBALL THREAD 2020/21

Len Cnut

On 12/06/2018 at 1:15 PM, AtariLegend said:

Well since I'm bitter about my failure to get sent leaks and don't know what the most recent tracks people are talking about in the GN'R section sound like

Reddit has a gunsnroses subforum, you should check it out.

I’m buying official Russia world cup ball and an England mug tomorrrow. No shirt, that’s for real chavs not wannabes. Although I have a light blue three lions polo shirt for headbutting Germans in.  

Edited by wasted

5 minutes ago, wasted said:

I’m buying official Russia world cup ball and an England mug tomorrrow. No shirt, that’s for real chavs not wannabes. Although I have a light blue three lions polo shirt for headbutting Germans in.  

Every two years the St George's ascend in gardened suburbia; bank accounts are cleaned out on replica shirts; the case of Carslberg is bought; barbecues are planned; the analysts are primed; ''1966'' is replayed on BBC2. And every two years it ends up another dismal failing, downing a bottle of whisky whilst vomiting up half priced Liddle sausages. The flags come down. The jersey ends up in a charity bag. 

13 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Every two years the St George's ascend in gardened suburbia; bank accounts are cleaned out on replica shirts; the case of Carslberg is bought; barbecues are planned; the analysts are primed; ''1966'' is replayed on BBC2. And every two years it ends up another dismal failing, downing a bottle of whisky whilst vomiting up half priced Liddle sausages. The flags come down. The jersey ends up in a charity bag. 

True it’s just an excuse to get lashed.Aldi Whisky at the ready. 

Seems like Brazil will win it. Suppose Geany and Spaiin are solid. Belgium in theory. 

England just don’t have that Ramos type player who is really going to hold them together. Stones is going to get exposed by Ronaldo or Messi type players. 

Spain just sacked their manager!

Edited by wasted

1 hour ago, Russel Nash said:

Here's my top 5:

1 - Uruguay

2 - Germany

3 - Argentina

4 - Brazil

5 - Spain

Yes, in that order. Uruguay is going to be the world cup winner. Mark my words!!

Spain? Forget it! They went from top 5 to laugh stock in one day. I really don't know how they can put themselves together, play and win

22 minutes ago, Padme said:

Spain? Forget it! They went from top 5 to laugh stock in one day. I really don't know how they can put themselves together, play and win

They do have the same coaching core, just Lopetegui left. Hierro is not going to change the tactics, hell, i bet he doesn't change anything. So it's on my top five, they have some of the best players off the second best league. It's like Argentina, with Messi on the field they could win this thing.

57 minutes ago, Russel Nash said:

They do have the same coaching core, just Lopetegui left. Hierro is not going to change the tactics, hell, i bet he doesn't change anything. So it's on my top five, they have some of the best players off the second best league. It's like Argentina, with Messi on the field they could win this thing.

I know they are not going to change anything now. But still is an embarrassing situation, a distraction. The whole thing is big blow for everyone in the team. They are humans. They can't be happy with all this going on. It's not easy for them to pretend that here nothing happened. All of a sudden instead of traning they might need a Yoga class. I really hope they can put themselves together and do their best. But I think they have fewer chances.

51 minutes ago, Padme said:

I know they are not going to change anything now. But still is an embarrassing situation, a distraction. The whole thing is big blow for everyone in the team. They are humans. They can't be happy with all this going on. It's not easy for them to pretend that here nothing happened. All of a sudden instead of traning they might need a Yoga class. I really hope they can put themselves together and do their best. But I think they have fewer chances.

They will be fine. Last WC they went off in group stage with Del Bosque. Ramos, Pique, Iniesta. They are great champions, they know that this is the last dance.

48 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

England should bring back the golden generation for one last hurrah. 

I like what they have done this time. The most solid squad in decades. Maybe alongside Peru would be the surprise of this WC.

17 minutes ago, Russel Nash said:

They will be fine. Last WC they went off in group stage with Del Bosque. Ramos, Pique, Iniesta. They are great champions, they know that this is the last dance.

I like what they have done this time. The most solid squad in decades. Maybe alongside Peru would be the surprise of this WC.

Bring back ''Wazza, Lamps and Stevie G''.

PS

Canucks, Yanks and Mexicans hosting some future world cup.

PPS

I might actually watch this. I do not like domestic football but usually get drawn in to the internationals. A lot of my finest sporting memories are world cup memories, Roger Milla's (used to love him) dance, Diana Ross's penalty, Diego coked off his tits screaming into the camera, etc etc.

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Bring back ''Wazza, Lamps and Stevie G''.

PS

Canucks, Yanks and Mexicans hosting some future world cup.

PPS

I might actually watch this. I do not like domestic football but usually get drawn in to the internationals. A lot of my finest sporting memories are world cup memories, Roger Milla's (used to love him) dance, Diana Ross's penalty, Diego coked off his tits screaming into the camera, etc etc.

I want to see the VAR fail. And i am all on the underdogs this time around. Fuck Germany and Brazil. They have enough already.

1 hour ago, Russel Nash said:

And i am all on the underdogs this time around. 

Boooo, honestly as a neutral (unless you couldn't my disgust of the England national team), I'd rather just see a good tournament.

No Greece like runs where they put 11 men behind the ball and the games are unwatchable. Fucking boring. I want to see Messi re-create Maradona's goal of last century (he's not gonna) or Brazil thrash teams 7 nil or get classic matches between the big sides like we did at the end of the 06 finals.

None of this bull shit where plucky Panama play's atroish football, players lies on the ground for 120 minutes like Atletico Madrid and beats teams by getting very lucky penalties despite being so fucking shit they couldn't must a single shot on target.