THE OFFICIAL PROPER FOOTBALL THREAD 2020/21

Len Cnut

Just now, Len Cnut said:

Thems was the days!  I have an incredible fondness for Liverpool, thats probably the reason, they were the big team of my formative days and, I dunno, they're not United where they're blatantly wankers, its sort of nice to see em do well, especially in the weird way they do it like, not winning the league but then pulling off a Champions League every decade, its endearing.  I really like em, they've gotten a lot of stick historically but they have a wonderful support and like...the Kop are still a community, they're a throwback, even the fans.

You used to be a bit of a tea leaf in your youth, didn't you? That explains it.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

You used to be a bit of a tea leaf in your youth, didn't you? That explains it.

It was a political act mate, sort of a Robin Hood thing, protesting about capitalist profiteering, selling VHSes or CDs with a production value of 90p for 15.99, I was providing a service too, making art available to them at the very reasonable price of 3 quid a turn, thats more than 5 times what they would've done on it in the shops, I was robbing from the rich and givin' to the...lower middle/working class :lol:  59.95 for a slimline Sony Walkman?  Not on Uncle Lens watch!  I could get you a watch too! 

Edited by Len Cnut

Just now, Len Cnut said:

Well see you in the future Doc Brown :lol: 

As you know, we won our 21st community shield last season, the EFL cup, and of course the Europa league. Not bad. And this year we are set to win the FA cup. And next season the premiership and champions league, surely.

Fun fact: When we win the FA cup we will have won it 13 times, as many as Arsenal. Then you can't even console yourself with that record anymore.

12 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

As you know, we won our 21st community shield last season, the EFL cup, and of course the Europa league. Not bad. And this year we are set to win the FA cup. And next season the premiership and champions league, surely.

Fun fact: When we win the FA cup we will have won it 13 times, as many as Arsenal. Then you can't even console yourself with that record anymore.

What, I won't be able to console myself with the fact that, along with United, we have won the most FA Cups of any other team in history?  Thats an achievement surely?  Charity Shield don't count, Coca Cola Cup, well, personally I think that counts but its hardly the highest regarded of British trophies, in fact its the lowest though, to be fair, I'm not happy about pointing that out because i think those trophies deserve respect and the Europa League, point taken.  But then we've won the FA Cup how many times in the last 5 years?  Apart from the Europa I'd take the FA Cup over everything you've mentioned there. 

6 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

What, I won't be able to console myself with the fact that, along with United, we have won the most FA Cups of any other team in history?  Thats an achievement surely?  Charity Shield don't count, Coca Cola Cup, well, personally I think that counts but its hardly the highest regarded of British trophies, in fact its the lowest though, to be fair, I'm not happy about pointing that out because i think those trophies deserve respect and the Europa League, point taken.  But then we've won the FA Cup how many times in the last 5 years?  Apart from the Europa I'd take the FA Cup over everything you've mentioned there. 

You're right. The FA cup has sort of been your go-to cup for many years now, where you have been fantastic. And you should be proud of being of having won it as many times as United.

5 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

You're right. The FA cup has sort of been your go-to cup for many years now, where you have been fantastic. And you should be proud of being of having won it as many times as United.

More than United, check the stats.  And IF you win it this year YOU will equal Arsenal, not the other way around.  And yes, the FA Cup is the quintessential English competition and as the quintessential English team I'm incredibly proud of that fact.

3 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

More than United, check the stats.  And IF you win it this year YOU will equal Arsenal, not the other way around.  And yes, the FA Cup is the quintessential English competition and as the quintessential English team I'm incredibly proud of that fact.

I was slightly in the future, Marty.

2 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Used to be an exciting game once upon a time, not even bothered right now.

Pretty much sums up my attitude to the Old Firm at the moment. The rivalry only exists between the fanbases right now, the difference between the two teams is so stark that if there wasn't the history between them, these games would be just another league fixture to Celtic (although arguably because of the history they always turn up against us, which makes the thrashings they dish out more intense).

Edited by Graeme