THE OFFICIAL PROPER FOOTBALL THREAD 2020/21

Len Cnut

They've just replaced Notts v Lanky on Radio 5Extra with some Scottish knock-out football, commentators speaking like Rab C. Gawd, I hate football.

PS

I believe in Geordieland they call that, ''tew wun''?

PPS

I also heard that the Manchester who are not spawned from satan's arsehole and play in blue have won the thingy?

Edited by DieselDaisy

19 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

They've just replaced Notts v Lanky on Radio 5Extra with some Scottish knock-out football, commentators speaking like Rab C. Gawd, I hate football.

PS

I believe in Geordieland they call that, ''tew wun''?

PPS

I also heard that the Manchester who are not spawned from satan's arsehole and play in blue have won the thingy?

They certainly have.  And they said Pep Guardiola wouldn’t be able to handle handle English football :lol:

I've no love for any English team but I can't help but admire everything Wenger achieved. There must be more to it from behind the scenes regarding why Arsenal have not won a league title in 14 years but if you look at the squads that he had regularly finishing top 4 is astonishing. Bang average players such as Bendtner, Almunia, Eboue etc and every year without fail (minus the past two) he was getting Arsenal finishing top 4. I'd have been annoyed as a fan that they never seemed to sustain the momentum and form needed for a title challenge and the long wait they had without a trophy, but obviously he was working with a fixed budget and the higher ups were probably happy at not having to spend over the odds.

It'll be hard to replace him. Arsenal will hopefully learn from the mistakes of United and ensure that the man they go for has a proven record of being able to handle that big of a job.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Crown Paints?

Thems was the days!  I have an incredible fondness for Liverpool, thats probably the reason, they were the big team of my formative days and, I dunno, they're not United where they're blatantly wankers, its sort of nice to see em do well, especially in the weird way they do it like, not winning the league but then pulling off a Champions League every decade, its endearing.  I really like em, they've gotten a lot of stick historically but they have a wonderful support and like...the Kop are still a community, they're a throwback, even the fans.