THE OFFICIAL PROPER FOOTBALL THREAD 2020/21

Len Cnut

2 minutes ago, Russel Nash said:

Cos it's well balanced. There are at least 6 to 8 teams that can actually be champions, and some underdog like Leicester can get up there too. In contrast to Spain, Italy and Bundesliga. 2 or 3 teams only fighting.

I fail to see what the ppl see in Belgium. Great players but they don´t know how to play together.

None of the other leagues are really that tiring. But some of the English players should go abroad to play. 

Belgium do have a strong squad. Maybe they don’t have that fever to win. Like England they are too nice. Fellaini might throw some elbows though. 

8 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I'll support England if Rashford or Lingard is playing.

If it’s 3-5-2 I think Rashford is bench. But Lingard might play in a two with Ali in mid. Hopefully they don’t play Henderson and Dier. 

One of the worst things about UK coverage of these competition's is how every match involving name-the-team is all about England. Be it Russia/Saudia Arabia or Brazil/Germany.

Even when England are knocked out the shows will be dedicated to talking about 2022.

1 minute ago, AtariLegend said:

One of the worst things about UK coverage of these competition's is how every match involving name-the-team is all about England. Be it Russia/Saudia Arabia or Brazil/Germany.

Even when England are knocked out the shows will be dedicated to talking about 2022.

It’s ITV at least there’s ads. But they will start talking about Russia and Saudi Arabia now. Let’s see what Lee Dixon knows about Russian collusion. 

15 minutes ago, wasted said:

It’s ITV at least there’s ads. But they will start talking about Russia and Saudi Arabia now. Let’s see what Lee Dixon knows about Russian collusion. 

I love how they just pointed out that the rule about having 5 Russian's in each club side has been a disaster and then they mention how they can do that in England after Brexit like it'd be a good thing.

I wasn't aware there was a law forcing English teams to play with mostly European players anyway.

Brexit in a nutshell. 

Edited by AtariLegend

11 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

I love how they just pointed out that the rule about having 5 Russian's in each club side has been a disaster and then they mention how they can do that in England after Brexit like it'd be a good thing.

I wasn't aware there was a law forcing English teams to play with mostly European players anyway.

Brexit in a nutshell. 

It’s just the teams can afford to buy 10 european players. I think there’s a bias against English players at club level. But fans want results and want foreign players. It’s a player development issue. I think Loftus Creek could be great but they have to take a risk. 

It’s great for the Premiership but not for international teams. There’s also how much the gov cares about it. The German team is developed by the government as part of national identity. 

Why is Robbie Williams opening the Russian WC?

Edited by wasted

5 minutes ago, wasted said:

It’s just the teams can afford to buy 10 european players. I think there’s a bias against English players at club level. But fans want results and want foreign players. 

Why is Robbie Williams opening the Russian WC?

I'm guessing any of the bigger acts with more self respect were aware of the political message, where as it's not like Robbie's been relevant for about 2 decades. Budget choice? It's weird.

Edited by AtariLegend

8 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

I'm guessing any of the bigger acts with more self respect were aware of the political message, where as it's not like Robbie's been relevant for about 2 decades. Budget choice? It's weird.

It was produced by Danny Boyle. But ...what about I can’t think of any Russian pop stars, Tatu? 

Edited by wasted

39 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

That's a very old rule, not only for England. All European teams are not allowed to sign unlimited number of no European players. Unless players from Brazil, Mexico, Argentina or Iran have dual nationality. Only in these cases teams can play around with the rule. And no European born players can be signed any time anywhere 

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

I expected Swan Lake and some Cossacks and I got Robbie Williams from Take That!

And his finger at the camara. What was that all about? :blink:

Maybe the bring Tchaikovsky, Bolshoi Ballet and the Cossacks at the closing ceremony. But yeah it was a werid opening. I guess the company organizing the music show just thought about pop music for the masses

24 minutes ago, Padme said:

Maybe the bring Tchaikovsky, Bolshoi Ballet and the Cossacks at the closing ceremony. But yeah it was a werid opening. I guess the company organizing the music show just thought about pop music for the masses

They know they can be only one opening ceremony,

U-S-A U-S-A.

3 hours ago, Padme said:

It wasn’t painful, it was short.