I Feel Good Discussion Thread

2 hours ago, ludurigan said:

they actually need to fire the aliens, get izzy and steven back and rearrange this shit to make it groove

No way izzy and Steven would want to play that crap, so many better songs from the guns catalog to play it's annoying to watch them with like you say the aliens, and on top of it play crappy covers lol

15 minutes ago, craiggunslover said:

No way izzy and Steven would want to play that crap, so many better songs from the guns catalog to play it's annoying to watch them with like you say the aliens, and on top of it play crappy covers lol

:lol:

Steven would play anything.

I remember the times people here said Slash would never ever play CD songs. Right.

26 minutes ago, craiggunslover said:

I don't see why they wouldn't. Steven & Izzy recorded a cover of Do You Love Me which isn't far off from this song. :shrugs:

37 minutes ago, Lio said:

:lol:

Steven would play anything.

I remember the times people here said Slash would never ever play CD songs. Right.

Yeah steven would play anything just to be in the band full time true ,but I'm sure it would look  and sound better than this trash  we see  now ,with the three who don't belong there out cast...

7 hours ago, craiggunslover said:

the guns n aliens version of i feel good is a crap version, it doesnt mean that i feel good is a bad song and it doesnt mean izzy wouldnt wanna play it if gnr existed

"They need to get rid of the alliens and get Steven and Izzy back"

As if Izzy wanted to, a tweet doesnt mean that he actually wants it. You people act like you are such a GREAT Izzy fan yet everyone of you tend to block the history of the guy after he left Guns.

IZZY ABANDONED HIS OWN SOLO TOUR AND NEVER TOURED AGAIN. Do you people really think the guy wants to be on a touring machine with all the responsabilities? Fuck off, he doesnt.

And Steven... man, he fucked up on the press at the second he had the oportunity to. That must have been a stab in the back to Axl.

Not saying I didnt want them back, just saying that you people tend to block the reality.

And yeah, they really need to get rid of Frank asap. Melissa has her pourpose and is the whole 91 big band in just one person, Fortus is also good and do a great work, people just tend to hate him because he is not Izzy.

3 hours ago, default_ said:

ZZY ABANDONED HIS OWN SOLO TOUR AND NEVER TOURED AGAIN. Do you people really think the guy wants to be on a touring machine with all the responsabilities? Fuck off, he doesnt.

Get your history straight. He never abandoned his solo tour. :facepalm: He never missed any dates either except for a week when he was extremely sick in Australia.

8 hours ago, default_ said:

As if Izzy wanted to, a tweet doesnt mean that he actually wants it. You people act like you are such a GREAT Izzy fan yet everyone of you tend to block the history of the guy after he left Guns.

IZZY ABANDONED HIS OWN SOLO TOUR AND NEVER TOURED AGAIN. Do you people really think the guy wants to be on a touring machine with all the responsabilities? Fuck off, he doesnt.

And Steven... man, he fucked up on the press at the second he had the oportunity to. That must have been a stab in the back to Axl.

Not saying I didnt want them back, just saying that you people tend to block the reality.

And yeah, they really need to get rid of Frank asap. Melissa has her pourpose and is the whole 91 big band in just one person, Fortus is also good and do a great work, people just tend to hate him because he is not Izzy.

If it was how he envisioned it, just the 5 classic guys and maybe Dizzy and them not going on late, no riots, Slash and Duff are not fucked up zombies of course he would. He just has no reason to tour his solo albums which he doesn't even care to really sell (he just sends the files to itunes and does nothing else with it).

And I don't agree on the Steven thing either, all he did was say how he truly and honestly felt about what happened and no surprise of course he's hurt by it. Axl is no idiot and if he read or heard what Steven said he would know theres no bullshitting or "stabbing in the back" or whatever as an intention.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

On 06/09/2017 at 6:44 PM, StrangerInThisTown said:

If it was how he envisioned it, just the 5 classic guys and maybe Dizzy and them not going on late, no riots, Slash and Duff are not fucked up zombies of course he would. He just has no reason to tour his solo albums which he doesn't even care to really sell (he just sends the files to itunes and does nothing else with it).

And I don't agree on the Steven thing either, all he did was say how he truly and honestly felt about what happened and no surprise of course he's hurt by it. Axl is no idiot and if he read or heard what Steven said he would know theres no bullshitting or "stabbing in the back" or whatever as an intention.

Well put, I agree with your post.. if axl had wanted to do this tour properly, he would have invited izzy and steven back in  to the fold at the same time as slash and duff ,and given frank and foutus their walking paper's and just kept dizzy on board from nu guns version...cause the way this is all looking right now to me is just a nostalgia tour ,so why give us a lame version of guns n aliens like this if they have no intention of recording together an album??..I seriously think it was not handled properly agian this half ass reunion ...sad cause it could have been a mind blowing reunion with all five classic members touring..

On 9/6/2017 at 9:37 AM, default_ said:

Regarding the aliens....

Frank needs to go. I would say simply inconsistent tempo. But that's just the selfish singer in me. His lack of feel seems very noticeable to me. He is the one person that shouod be replaced. I'm sure Guns wouldn't have a hard time renting a solid drummer for the rest of the tour. Steven isn't the answer. To many variables with him. He is always going to be a ticking time bomb.

Unless it's Izzy coming back, I wouldn't think of replacing the steady, loyal guitarist. As far as Izzy goes, I woukd absolutely love to see him back in the fold. But he clearly doesnt want this. If he did, he'd be there. Izzy is the one guy Axl seemed to never be insanely pissed off at for the last 20 plus years. Sure they had there moments in the media over the years, but Izzy was back playing with Axl as early as 2006. So it's clear if they had any remaining issues they has been sufficiently squashed. I also think his complaint over lack of money to be bullshit. I cant imagine he wasn't offered at the very least the same as Duff or more. If his complaint is that he was not going to be paid equally to Slash, then that would be apretty stupid sstatement as well. Let's not kid ourselves, GNR isn't in the midst of one of the biggest tours ever because Duff is back playing bass. And they wouldn't be selling out all these massive arena's around the globe because people were willing to fork out $150 for a seat in the nosebleeds to see Axl playing with Izzy every night. It's the draw of Axl back with Slash thats driving this money machine.

Melissa fits in well with her backup vocals. Can't really ever hear her playing, but can't really hear Dizzy either. So I'd keep her just because her with Duff finally gives Guns some good backing vocals.

And lastly, as I've stated many times about Axl's vocals. He can still sing with all the gravel gritting rasp he could back in 2006. Proof as everyone now notes are in that horrible "I feel Good" cover. I've always pointed to his signature "Do you know where the fuck you are" intro to WTTJ always being there still. And then always having the ability to grab a hold of his signature sound periodically throughout a show. Most notably on songs like Nightrain.

And as I've posted many times before as well, using the perspective of being a singer myself, and what I believe to be a little common sense. I believe the reason for his "choice" (yes I said CHOICE) to use his clean voice the vast majority of time are due to, perhaps his inability to sing in his signature sound for so many shows in a single week. I dont know by comparison what the Guns tour schedule in 2006 (I'm using 2006 as referance due to it seemingly being most other posters #1 referance to the last year Axl sounded like himself with fair consistency) was by comparison to the one they are on now, but I would point out #1, that it was 11+ years ago. And he is far beyond the backside for any vocalist when it comes to age. Those are simply facts. I would also think that the fact Axl has come a long, long way from the ridiculously late show up times, or just not showing up at all which he is still infamously known for, would further his effort to make sure he was able to preform any, and every night of the week without the fear of having to cancel because his voice needs more time to recuperate. Not to mention the millions in refunds that would have to be issued after a single cancelation. And all it would take is 1 or 2 of those, and everyone and the media would quickly forget how much more dependable Axl has become.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, ll_tj1 said:

Regarding the aliens....

Frank needs to go. I would say simply inconsistent tempo. But that's just the selfish singer in me. His lack of feel seems very noticeable to me. He is the one person that shouod be replaced. I'm sure Guns wouldn't have a hard time renting a solid drummer for the rest of the tour. Steven isn't the answer. To many variables with him. He is always going to be a ticking time bomb.

Unless it's Izzy coming back, I wouldn't think of replacing the steady, loyal guitarist. As far as Izzy goes, I woukd absolutely love to see him back in the fold. But he clearly doesnt want this. If he did, he'd be there. Izzy is the one guy Axl seemed to never be insanely pissed off at for the last 20 plus years. Sure they had there moments in the media over the years, but Izzy was back playing with Axl as early as 2006. So it's clear if they had any remaining issues they has been sufficiently squashed. I also think his complaint over lack of money to be bullshit. I cant imagine he wasn't offered at the very least the same as Duff or more. If his complaint is that he was not going to be paid equally to Slash, then that would be apretty stupid sstatement as well. Let's not kid ourselves, GNR isn't in the midst of one of the biggest tours ever because Duff is back playing bass. And they wouldn't be selling out all these massive arena's around the globe because people were willing to fork out $150 for a seat in the nosebleeds to see Axl playing with Izzy every night. It's the draw of Axl back with Slash thats driving this money machine.

Melissa fits in well with her backup vocals. Can't really ever hear her playing, but can't really hear Dizzy either. So I'd keep her just because her with Duff finally gives Guns some good backing vocals.

And lastly, as I've stated many times about Axl's vocals. He can still sing with all the gravel gritting rasp he could back in 2006. Proof as everyone now notes are in that horrible "I feel Good" cover. I've always pointed to his signature "Do you know where the fuck you are" intro to WTTJ always being there still. And then always having the ability to grab a hold of his signature sound periodically throughout a show. Most notably on songs like Nightrain.

And as I've posted many times before as well, using the perspective of being a singer myself, and what I believe to be a little common sense. I believe the reason for his "choice" (yes I said CHOICE) to use his clean voice the vast majority of time are due to, perhaps his inability to sing in his signature sound for so many shows in a single week. I dont know by comparison what the Guns tour schedule in 2006 (I'm using 2006 as referance due to it seemingly being most other posters #1 referance to the last year Axl sounded like himself with fair consistency) was by comparison to the one they are on now, but I would point out #1, that it was 11+ years ago. And he is far beyond the backside for any vocalist when it comes to age. Those are simply facts. I would also think that the fact Axl has come a long, long way from the ridiculously late show up times, or just not showing up at all which he is still infamously known for, would further his effort to make sure he was able to preform any, and every night of the week without the fear of having to cancel because his voice needs more time to recuperate. Not to mention the millions in refunds that would have to be issued after a single cancelation. And all it would take is 1 or 2 of those, and everyone and the media would quickly forget how much more dependable Axl has become.

Yeah but now they've made millions with this world tour ,either they prove to the rock world they want to create new music together ,or disband this version and come back with original 5 ,give us the long loyal fans what we truly want a appitte reunion. .heck include sorum for all non appitte song's, they could tour the world over agian next summer garanteed if they wanted.