I Feel Good Discussion Thread

Great cover!

However it doesn't really fit with GnR, something doesn't quite sit right, maybe its just the genre and where the song comes from.

Still, its a great performance form everyone and Axl sounds cracking, just for those factors alone I'd love to see it stay, even if I do have reservations on whether its a fit.

Man that was fucking killer.. Waaay better than I thought it would be.. Axl sounded bad ass.. Old School right there.. It didn't seem to take a lot of effort either.. Please use that voice more often man!! The arrangement was stellar too.  It had a James Brown/GnR/Zeppelin feel to it.. That is a keeper for sure.. Ditch Wish You Were Here and BHS for some real GnR tunes and keep this shit \m/

Nope. Didn't like it. Might be alone with this point of view, so be it. The band sounded dull and clumsy and not funky at ALL. Axl's voice was raspy, yeah. But it just wasn't doing justice to the song - or James Brown.

Why not concentrate on making new music? Ah right, would be too much effort. 

:shrugs:

15 minutes ago, Sunset Gardner said:

I dig they did this, not the best cover I've ever heard but i still dig it.  My only note is I wish they did this at the apollo show.  Would've been the right venue to pay tribute to the great J B.  

Right before I went to bed after following most of the Apollo show I checked setlistfm to see what they played next and someone was trolling and posted this as played in the set later to be deleted. They also did it with Think About You.

7 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

The band sounded dull and clumsy and not funky at ALL.

Well it was their first attempt.. I actually liked that it wasn't as funky. They put their own twist on it and gave it a real rock n roll vibe.. Good stuff.

• Like 1

Just got home from work and had a listen.  Holy shit Axl, where did that voice come from?!? Axl sounded AMAZING and I don't care what anyone says (haven't even read the thread yet, but I bet someone, somewhere, is bitching about Axl's voice).

The band were great.  I thought they were tight and cool and they made it their own.  I'd like to hear another better quality version than the video I saw. 

I'm sure someone, somewhere is bitching about covers.  I would much rather hear a GNR tune, but this was fun and because Axl sang so well, I don't have it in me to hold this cover against him.  He sounded so fucking good.  This is what we'll get when they make new music - Axl sounding like that I reckon.

I wonder if half the reason he sings so badly most of the time is because he's bored with singing songs he already gave his all to sing 25/30 years ago?

N.B. I had the pleasure of seeing the great JB in concert not long before he died, and the man was a powerhouse, played for 3 hours straight, no break. My legs were killing me by the end and he was still springing around on stage.  I think GNR did the song justice.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

Watched this a few more times.. "So good".. It reminded me of old school pre Appetite Guns covers like Heartbreak Hotel and shit. Especially at the end when you think the song is over then Slash and Axl just started jamming the fuck out \m/