I Feel Good Discussion Thread

12 minutes ago, F*ck Fear said:

Having heard three of four times today I can say that while I was impressed this morning I feel it's a kick in the teeth because axl sounds great, but won't utilize that voice on songs like YCBM, RQ and Better, where its needed.

My guess is no one has the balls to tell Axl that. Aslong as no one responds negatively he has no reason to change up how he performs those songs. His voice clearly is still there he just doesn't use it. Maybe he also just likes the falsetto, I always feel like he's trying to sound like Neil Young but it's just not good

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

Well... we've been telling you for months that Axl is sounding like shit on purpose. 

How can you explain that "YouTube doesnt make him justice, doesnt capture his powerful clean mickey voice", when you have performances like this. He went to rehearsals because HE wanted to play that song, so there you have why he sounded this awesome.

Same with Highway To Hell with Billy Joel. "But ACDC is easier for him to sing". Well, he killed it on "I feel good" too.

Please stop spreading this bullshit. Axl is sounding bad because he chooses to. He doesnt care about us.

Just IMAGINE this raspy mid voice on songs like November Rain.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GNRfanMILO said:

Well... we've been telling you for months that Axl is sounding like shit on purpose. 

How can you explain that "YouTube doesnt make him justice, doesnt capture his powerful clean mickey voice", when you have performances like this. He went to rehearsals because HE wanted to play that song, so there you have why he sounded this awesome.

Same with Highway To Hell with Billy Joel. "But ACDC is easier for him to sing". Well, he killed it on "I feel good" too.

Please stop spreading this bullshit. Axl is sounding bad because he chooses to. He doesnt care about us.

Why would Axl need to rehearse songs he's sung thousands of times?

He sings the songs the way he wants to sing them it's nothing to do with rehearsing or turning up at soundcheck. 

He rehearses new songs because he doesn't know how to sing them, he needs to practice them, nothing to do with not giving a shit about the older guns material. 

1 minute ago, GNRfanMILO said:

Agree..if we didn't have so many dumbass acceptance fans that use age, fatigue, and other garbage to explain his "clean voice" or wouldn't say "wow Axl sounds brilliant", when in fact it should be a universal fact that he doesn't then maybe...just maybe he wouldn't feel like he gets a passing grade for his Mickey vocals. 

But no, you come in here and say "Axl sounds bad" people get their feelings hurt, some are hurt Bc they are in love with Axl, some get hurt Bc it happens at "their" show, some are just nuts. 

Fans shouldn't get mad at other fans, they should be mad at Axl. We all know that 2018 Axl/DC he's going to kick ass. We can't even get a decent SCOM or PC 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

Agree..if we didn't have so many dumbass acceptance fans that use age, fatigue, and other garbage to explain his "clean voice" or wouldn't say "wow Axl sounds brilliant", when in fact it should be a universal fact that he doesn't then maybe...just maybe he wouldn't feel like he gets a passing grade for his Mickey vocals. 

But no, you come in here and say "Axl sounds bad" people get their feelings hurt, some are hurt Bc they are in love with Axl, some get hurt Bc it happens at "their" show, some are just nuts. 

Fans shouldn't get mad at other fans, they should be mad at Axl. We all know that 2018 Axl/DC he's going to kick ass. We can't even get a decent SCOM or PC 

Why should a fan be mad at Axl when they are not mad at Axl? Your post makes no sense, if you're happy with the show you saw and happy with the vocals, it's not their problem, it's yours (as it clearly annoys you). Your problem is that you don't understand that their opinion is just as valid as yours. People are dumbasses for thinking Axl sounds good? It's not a fact that he doesn't sound good, it's your opinion. An opinion that most Guns N Roses fans do NOT agree with. Check out the reviews of the shows, they nearly all praise his voice. Fans shouldn't get mad at other fans? But you're mad at other fans for liking his voice, you think they are wrong and that they are dumbasses. Talk about a logic deficit!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tonto said:

Why should a fan be mad at Axl when they are not mad at Axl? Your post makes no sense, if you're happy with the show you saw and happy with the vocals, it's not their problem, it's yours (as it clearly annoys you). Your problem is that you don't understand that their opinion is just as valid as yours. People are dumbasses for thinking Axl sounds good? It's not a fact that he doesn't sound good, it's your opinion. An opinion that most Guns N Roses fans do NOT agree with. Check out the reviews of the shows, they nearly all praise his voice. Fans shouldn't get mad at other fans? But you're mad at other fans for liking his voice, you think they are wrong and that they are dumbasses. Talk about a logic deficit!

If you're gonna talk about contradictions you should check your own. Because 1) you don't have statistics to say "an opinion most GN'R fans do not agree with". Have you asked every GN'R fan in the world? You clearly haven't so don't make generalizations and 2) The reviews of the shows are not made by fans but by journalists, who usually dont even attend the whole show, just some songs (because that's what they are allowed to presence for free) and they write a couple things, it is all fine. The show in general it is good and worth of getting recommended, like a review would, but Axl doesn't sound consistent throught the whole show and that's the truth.

Just now, killuridols said:

If you're gonna talk about contradictions you should check your own. Because 1) you don't have statistics to say "an opinion most GN'R fans do not agree with". Have you asked every GN'R fan in the world? You clearly haven't so don't make generalizations and 2) The reviews of the shows are not made by fans but by journalists, who usually dont even attend the whole show, just some songs (because that's what they are allowed to presence for free) and they write a couple things, it is all fine. The show in general it is good and worth of getting recommended, like a review would, but Axl doesn't sound consistent throught the whole show and that's the truth.

The attendance at the shows and the reviews from THE FANS after the shows speak for themselves. I was talking about the fans, fans do post reviews online, ya know?

Have I asked every GN'R fan in the world? You know it is possible to be general and to look at patterns and come to a conclusion without asking everyone in the worlds opinion. The tour is an overwhelming success it's not the shit show you would think if you only read this board and the opinions of fair weather fans with terminal cases of misery. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tonto said:

The attendance at the shows and the reviews from THE FANS after the shows speak for themselves. I was talking about the fans, fans do post reviews online, ya know?

Have I asked every GN'R fan in the world? You know it is possible to be general and to look at patterns and come to a conclusion without asking everyone in the worlds opinion. The tour is an overwhelming success it's not the shit show you would think if you only read this board and the opinions of fair weather fans with terminal cases of misery. 

One thing is the show and other different it is Axl's voice. We were talking about Axl's voice here.

Most reviews I've read oftenly got something not so positive to say about Axl's voice but in general, he gets a pass because well, the guy is 55 and he is not atrocious either.

And I really doubt the regulars in this forum are "fair weather fans". That kind of fan is what you can find at the shows, not in a nerdy Internet forum. Most people here are die-hards.

6 minutes ago, killuridols said:

One thing is the show and other different it is Axl's voice. We were talking about Axl's voice here.

Most reviews I've read oftenly got something not so positive to say about Axl's voice but in general, he gets a pass because well, the guy is 55 and he is not atrocious either.

And I really doubt the regulars in this forum are "fair weather fans". That kind of fan is what you can find at the shows, not in a nerdy Internet forum. Most people here are die-hards.

Axl uses his voice at the shows, he hasn't released any album for a long time, we're talking about Axl's voice where he uses it.. at the shows! 

The fan reviews from the shows largely feature positive comments on Axl's voice, check out ticketmaster or something, I just have and it's very positive. Very different than the vibe here, casual fans especially think he sounds great and the press reviews say the same thing. I'm not saying everyone thinks that, clearly they don't, but it's not a problem like some here like to think. No one is going home upset because of his voice, quite the contrary, many think he's the best he's been for years.

A "fair weather fan" is someone who changes or removes their support when things don't go their way, this place is a cunt hive for fair weather fans.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GNRfanMILO said:

Yes. It is a fact that Axl sounds bad. Its not an opinion. Go and listen to the 2016 North-american leg.

Anyway, ill stop here because some guys clearly just dont get it.

You don't know what facts or opinions are then, that's quite disturbing. It's not a hard concept to grasp, you could probably pick it up in a few years.

I'm happy to offer to tutor you, let's say, $5000 per hour, how does that sound? Don't worry, mate, lots of people suffer with illiteracy, we'll get you ship shape in no time!

Axl uses his voice at the shows, he hasn't released any album for a long time, we're talking about Axl's voice where he uses it.. at the shows! 

The fan reviews from the shows largely feature positive comments on Axl's voice, check out ticketmaster or something, I just have and it's very positive. Very different than the vibe here, casual fans especially think he sounds great and the press reviews say the same thing. I'm not saying everyone thinks that, clearly they don't, but it's not a problem like some here like to think. No one is going home upset because of his voice, quite the contrary, many think he's the best he's been for years.

A "fair weather fan" is someone who changes or removes their support when things don't go their way, this place is a cunt hive for fair weather fans.

None of this matters, I don't care if he sounds good in concert or whatever. The facts are he doesn't change his lazy ass voice when he knows the show is being recorded or broadcast. I'd give Axl a huge pass if he had shown an ability to turn it on for a broadcast event, but no Axl will get torn apart by a soundboard 

Edited by IncitingChaos

7 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

None of this matters, I don't care if he sounds good in concert or whatever. The facts are he doesn't change his lazy ass voice when he knows the show is being recorded or broadcast. I'd give Axl a huge pass if he had shown an ability to turn it on for a broadcast event, but no Axl will get torn apart by a soundboard 

I would say he get nervous with these live broadcasts, he certainly has a consistent history of fucking up live on TV or radio. His very best performances are usually found on bootlegs or youtube videos, why care more about a show that is being broadcast than one that is not? It doesn't make any sense. I would say it's a bit of reach to say that he doesn't give a fuck about concerts that are being broadcast and therefore doesn't put the effort in, he probably gives too much of a fuck and bottles it.

Edited by Tonto

I would say he get nervous with these live broadcasts, he certainly has a consistent history of fucking up live on TV or radio. His very best performances are usually found on bootlegs or youtube videos, why care more about a show that is being broadcast than one that is not? It doesn't make any sense. I would say it's a bit of reach to say that he doesn't give a fuck about concerts that are being broadcast and therefore doesn't put the effort in, he probably gives too much of a fuck and bottles it.

It creates a bad perception. If you want a new album, or anything fresh from this band then they need to show talent on these things. If they have a washed up 55 year old singer then they will always be a nostalgia act, but if Axl could perform then people might believe in the band.

a bad live performance ruined 2002 GNR.   

19 minutes ago, Tonto said:

With 56 posts, I doubt you can judge who's a fair weather fan in this forum and who's not.

Unless you're the alt of someone else who's spent a long time here.... and even in that case, you should know better, there are people here who've been fans for an eternity.

7 minutes ago, killuridols said:

With 56 posts, I doubt you can judge who's a fair weather fan in this forum and who's not.

Unless you're the alt of someone else who's spent a long time here.... and even in that case, you should know better, there are people here who've been fans for an eternity.

Hahaha, really? That's how you judge someones authority? By how many posts they've made on a message board? That is so sad and everyone reading this right now is cringing. Even the ones who agree with your points you've now lost, ouch! What's next? Comparing how many Facebook friends we have? 

I never said anyone hadn't been a fan for an eternity, not important to me how long someone has been into GN'R, it has nothing to do with being a "fair weather" fan, you can be a fan for a short time or be one for a long time, doesn't matter, doesn't change your fair weather status. You have missed the point (again).

Edited by Tonto

49 minutes ago, Tonto said:

Hahaha, really? That's how you judge someones authority? By how many posts they've made on a message board? That is so sad and everyone reading this right now is cringing. Even the ones who agree with your points you've now lost, ouch! What's next? Comparing how many Facebook friends we have? 

I never said anyone hadn't been a fan for an eternity, not important to me how long someone has been into GN'R, it has nothing to do with being a "fair weather" fan, you can be a fan for a short time or be one for a long time, doesn't matter, doesn't change your fair weather status. You have missed the point (again).

So you joined 5 days ago and you think you have an authority to judge the fans in this forum? :question:

Impressive.

And cringeworthy.

:lol:

Oh, and btw, long time anything and fair-weather whatever are contradictory concepts, so check on that before telling people they've missed on points. It looks to me you've missed them all ;)

38 minutes ago, killuridols said:

So you joined 5 days ago and you think you have an authority to judge the fans in this forum? :question:

Impressive.

And cringeworthy.

:lol:

Oh, and btw, long time anything and fair-weather whatever are contradictory concepts, so check on that before telling people they've missed on points. It looks to me you've missed them all ;)

I have been reading this forum since 2004 or something I can judge who I want. It's not personal, mate, don't get so upset. It's a discussion, some peoples opinions I respect, some I don't. One difference between me and you is that I respect everyones right to have one, even if it differs from my own, doesn't mean I have to agree with it.

You don't know what a "fair weather fan" means, this is very clear. I'll fill you in. A fair weather fan is a term usually used to describe fans of sports who root for their team when they're winning or doing what they want them to do but shit on them when they're not. Does that sound familiar? You've stuck your head up and been very brave with a few posts this last hour; fair weather fan, my gnr history, etc. And you have had your head taken clean off with my replies, but I respect that you had a pop. No shame in trying.

Here endith the lesson.

Edited by Tonto

1 hour ago, Tonto said:

I have been reading this forum since 2004 or something I can judge who I want. It's not personal, mate, don't get so upset. It's a discussion, some peoples opinions I respect, some I don't. One difference between me and you is that I respect everyones right to have one, even if it differs from my own, doesn't mean I have to agree with it.

You don't know what a "fair weather fan" means, this is very clear. I'll fill you in. A fair weather fan is a term usually used to describe fans of sports who root for their team when they're winning or doing what they want them to do but shit on them when they're not. Does that sound familiar? You've stuck your head up and been very brave with a few posts this last hour; fair weather fan, my gnr history, etc. And you have had your head taken clean off with my replies, but I respect that you had a pop. No shame in trying.

Here endith the lesson.

You've been reading this forum since 2004 and decided to start posting 13 years later? :lol: Somehow I knew this was your history because I have a great radar for cupcakes. Anyways.... let's let you be!!

How am I not respecting your opinion? Just because I don't let you step on me and my own opinions it doesn't mean that I want you to change yours. You've been saying a lot and no one's stopping you so keep saying whatever you want to say. We surely can agree to disagree.

You thinking that I don't know what a fair weather fan means is because you're so arrogant you think no one else but you can understand your shit.

I can't talk for all the people here but I know many of the regulars, I know they've been fans for a long long time, just like me. I know people who've stuck around during the whole nuGN'R crisis and people who decided to return when reunion was announced. Some of them are happy with it, have attended several shows, have no complains and want to keep buying tickets. Others are happy too but done with it and rather have an album of new music than yet another tour.

I don't think any of those people qualify as fair weather fans. They just have different opinions on the reunion, the tour, the shows, etc. Being critical of a team or band doesn't mean you despise them and only like them when they are "doing the things you want". It means caring about that band or team and wanting the best for them.

You are very delusional thinking that you've "had my head taken clean off" with your replies. You clearly know jack shit about me, about my history as a fan and my opinions in general. So keep trying "mate", that's your number one mistake in thinking you know me. And the rest of the forum must be laughing hard in complicity ;)

Edited by killuridols