Danish article about Ole Beich

43 minutes ago, default_ said:

I can see Chinese fans trying to legitimize the likes of Ole just to legitimize the circus years of Axl solo career as original GNR.

Why would they do that? Did Ole write the CD hits? :question:

From what I can perceive reading between the lines and knowing the three or four dudes who go by this rethoric, is that they are desperate haters of Slash/Duff. By spreading this idea, they think the fans will not consider Slash and Duff original members, therefore, they will be diminished in their importance as musicians.

This also contributes to legitimize the idea of Axl being the only original member, the only guy in the band who deserves to be called Guns N' Roses and the only one who deserves the name of the band because he was always there.

What a load of shit.  I love all the  delusional people, past and present, who think they are or were members of gnr.  I get a real kick out of it.  

before gnr there was no gnr, after gnr there was no gnr.  Axl's illegitimate fake clown "lineups" will never count no matter how hard axl and Team Yes try.  And rob gardner, traci guns, and the others were never guns, never close.  No one believes this except the two or three CD fans who really want to believe there were multiple lineups of this great band so as to legitimize axl's lost years and lost record.  

facts.  

Edited by Sunset Gardner

9 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Why would they do that? Did Ole write the CD hits? :question:

From what I can perceive reading between the lines and knowing the three or four dudes who go by this rethoric, is that they are desperate haters of Slash/Duff. By spreading this idea, they think the fans will not consider Slash and Duff original members, therefore, they will be diminished in their importance as musicians.

This also contributes to legitimize the idea of Axl being the only original member, the only guy in the band who deserves to be called Guns N' Roses and the only one who deserves the name of the band because he was always there.

Yeah, right? By saying stuff like "OHHH OLE WHATEVER IS THE ORIGINAL MEMBER, FUCK YOUR SLUSH AND DUFF" what they aim is:

"OH PLEASE CONSIDER MY BELOVED BUCKETHEAD AND ROBIN AS GNR MEMBERS PPPPLEAASE"

7 minutes ago, default_ said:

Yeah, right? By saying stuff like "OHHH OLE WHATEVER IS THE ORIGINAL MEMBER, FUCK YOUR SLUSH AND DUFF" what they aim is:

"OH PLEASE CONSIDER MY BELOVED BUCKETHEAD AND ROBIN AS GNR MEMBERS PPPPLEAASE"

LOL.... yes, more or less :lol:

Although.... I do think of Buckethead and Robin as some-sort-of GN'R members because they actually wrote music and got to play FOR REAL with Axl under the Guns N' Roses name.

I know some fans do not consider any of this legitimate or the real Guns N' Roses, but at least those guys have something to back up their belonging to the band.

On the other hand, Ole Beich is a scapegoat some nerd discovered by chance and got picked to represent the ultimate renegade, neglected Guns N' Roses member that never got credit for his indeniable contribution to the success of the band :facepalm:

I'm surprised a Danish website is doing something like this. I though Danish people were a serious advanced society.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, maynard said:

GN'R original line-up: Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff, Steven

Pre GN'R musicians: Ole, Rob, Tracii and probably some others who lasted a day or two and we'll never know about.

That makes no sense

2 hours ago, killuridols said:

I dont confuse any fucking concept. What I do is being practical and realistic.

What is "practical" or "realistic" about refusing to understand that "original" means "the first"? :lol:

When a nerd decides to correct people on who are the original members of Guns N' Roses everytime people talk about original lineup, that nerd is doing exactly what you complain about: giving importance to the irrelevant.

Whoever has played in Guns N' Roses isn't irrelevant. At least not to me. And to most people interested in music.

The more you talk about it, the more you try to establish the idea of this guy being an original band member knowing that he was there for like.... 2 weeks!!! :lol:... and he didnt write one relevant note for this band.... the more you are acting like a wacko nerd who has nothing better to do than to annoy the fans.

So correcting someone -- at a GN'R fan forum, nonetheless -- who doesn't know who were in the band's first lineup, makes me into "a wacko nerd"? :lol: What is slightly....interesting, though, is that an alledged GN'R fan would either not know this or, more likely, be so vehemently opposed to accepting it.

Do you know why do we have this thread here right now?

Yes, I do. Because people are interested in GN'R's beginning and someone shared an article on a little-known member.

Yeah, because of nerds who have nothing better to do than highlight and exacerbate the few days that guy got to play with Axl. What is the gain behind that? I really dont know....

What the gain is in history? Wow...

And the desperation of some people to try to fit themselves in a history and story that only belongs to Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steven is truly pathetic.

The very early start of GN'R also belongs to Tracii Guns, Ole Beich and Rob Gardner. Sorry to tell you :lol:

But it is even more pathetic that people who call themselves fans are also eager to help these parasites find themselves a way to get into GN'R storyline, even if all they did was just walking by one of the ORIGINAL band members.

Ole Beich WAS part of early GN'R history, whether you like it or not (and it is apparent it is "NOT!"). What you are so stubbornly trying to do is to revise history because youo don't like it. Well, good luck with that! :lol:

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

Hehe, whether you are in the first lineup of a band has no bearing on your importance as a musician. Again, you are making the mistake of not knowing that "original" is not a qualitative term but simply refers to timing/chronology.

As far as there's only haters of Slash and Duff perpetuate the "idea" that there was a GN'R lineup before the AFD lineup: Well, does Marc Canter hate Slash? Does the writers of wikipedia hate Slash? Did Izzy and Axl hate Slash when they made posters for the March 26, 1985 gig? Etc, etc. You are attenpting to revise history and it is hugely entertaining.

And the irony of someone who frantically attempts to revise history by being opposed to an established fact, accusing those who don't buy into this conspiracy for having ulteriar motives of diminishing later members, is priceless :lol: I just refer to facts and I am completely open about Ole Beich being irrelevant and having no impact on the music of GN'R nor its legacy, and at the same time I hail the AFD lineup, especially Slash and Duff's contributions, for making my favorite album of all times. You, on the other hand, just can't accept the fact that Steven, Duff and Slash, in addition to all they did in GN'R, also had to be in the first lineup -- like that is some great achievement in itself -- so you close your eyes, your ears and your brain from reality.

Oh the irony.

15 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

What is "practical" or "realistic" about refusing to understand that "original" means "the first"? :lol:

Whoever has played in Guns N' Roses isn't irrelevant. At least not to me. And to most people interested in music.

So correcting someone -- at a GN'R fan forum, nonetheless -- who doesn't know who were in the band's first lineup, makes me into "a wacko nerd"? :lol: What is slightly....interesting, though, is that an alledged GN'R fan would either not know this or, more likely, be so vehemently opposed to accepting it.

Yes, I do. Because people are interested in GN'R's beginning and someone shared an article on a little-known member.

What the gain is in history? Wow...

The very early start of GN'R also belongs to Tracii Guns, Ole Beich and Rob Gardner. Sorry to tell you :lol:

Ole Beich WAS part of early GN'R history, whether you like it or not (and it is apparent it is "NOT!"). What you are so stubbornly trying to do is to revise history because youo don't like it. Well, good luck with that! :lol:

That's why a real fan divides been original and classic line-ups.

1 hour ago, Sunset Gardner said:

And rob gardner, traci guns, and the others were never guns, never close.  No one believes this except the two or three CD fans who really want to believe there were multiple lineups of this great band so as to legitimize axl's lost years and lost record. 

I'll just comment on this part although there was lots to comment on in your post.

I will go back to Marc Canter again. He is one of those two or three CD fans, then? And I must be one of the other 2 or 3. Then there might be one more person in this world who believes Ole Beich was part of the original GN'R lineup. I wonder who that is? Probably the writer of wikipedia :lol:

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

LOL.... yes, more or less :lol:

Although.... I do think of Buckethead and Robin as some-sort-of GN'R members because they actually wrote music and got to play FOR REAL with Axl under the Guns N' Roses name.

I know some fans do not consider any of this legitimate or the real Guns N' Roses, but at least those guys have something to back up their belonging to the band.

On the other hand, Ole Beich is a scapegoat some nerd discovered by chance and got picked to represent the ultimate renegade, neglected Guns N' Roses member that never got credit for his indeniable contribution to the success of the band :facepalm:

I'm surprised a Danish website is doing something like this. I though Danish people were a serious advanced society.

This becomes repetitive, but if the criteris is that the played under the GN'R name and wrote music with the band, then surely Tracii was a GN'R member. I, like almost everyone else, would be a bit more lenient about this and say that if you play in a band, that makes youo part of that band.

Some nerd discovered Ole Beich? You think he is a creation by someone who wants to legitimize the nuGuns lineups or to diminish the importance of the AFD lineup? Hahahaha! That's serious conspiracy shit.

You are surprised a Danish newspaper would have an article on Ole Beich as a member of the first lineup of GN'R? Well, they are adhering to facts and don't have a surreal desire to revise history.

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

I will go back to Marc Canter again. He is one of those two or three CD fans, then? And I must be one of the other 2 or 3. Then there might be one more person in this world who believes Ole Beich was part of the original GN'R lineup. I wonder who that is? Probably the writer of wikipedia :lol:

Good news! I had a breakthrough and realized who that third person must be who believes Ole Beich was part of Guns N' Roses: It is Slash! Because in his biography (page 97) he talks about the first lineup of Guns N' Roses and Ole being part of it. Oh my god, Slash is part of the conspiracy to diminish his own importance by perpetuating the "Ole Beich" myth, a fictional character created by "CD fans" and "wacko nerds". Wow! Who would have thought.

3 minutes ago, maynard said:

I'm glad SM is posting again. He's the most fun person around here and it's a delight to read his posts. I'm pretty sure he's a wonderful person as well, great to hang out with at parties.

I find it about equally entertaining to call kids out for stubbornly attempting to revise history as it is to hear their resulting whining about me being boring at parties.

Some fans are acting like Ole Beich was a nobody just because he has released nothing with GN'R. 

But he already released his first album in 1979 and he can can be heard on the very first EP from L. A. Guns. And I can say that his bass is easily one of the best parts on that L. A. Guns EP.

Edited by Sosso

:wow:

holy jebus..... dude @SoulMonster, what the hell happened to you? :facepalm::rofl-lol:

How many times did you have to quote me? I'd say 50...... typical of a butthurt nerd! and why are you talking to yourself? Quoting yourself now?!!! :lol:

2 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Yes, it does.

The only vehement freaks are the ones who insist with this as if it had any importance. You say people don't know the difference or don't understand that someone can be "original" but "irrelevant". I think most people do understand the difference and that's why most people do not give a flying heck about this guy, because he has no relevance to the fans and to the music of Guns N' Roses. And even if you want to give him some relevance regarding the history of GN'R, he doesn't have it. He's just one more of those guys who were around during the formation of the lineup that got to record AFD and establish itself as Guns N' Roses.

You, on the other hand, just can't accept the fact that Steven, Duff and Slash, in addition to all they did in GN'R, also had to be in the first lineup -- like that is some great achievement in itself -- so you close your eyes, your ears and your brain from reality.

Huh?

No, I never said the guy wasn't there. I know he was there for a couple minutes, to strum some chords, probably drink some gallons of beer, pick his nose and bye bye. That's all there is to it.

Your fantasies about Ole Beich being a crucial band member of GN'R is not the reality. So please open your eyes, ears and brain.

What does LIKING have to do with anything?

Have you considered the possibility of someone not giving a fuck about your Olei Beich?? Yeah, that's me.

I don't have any particular problem with this guy, just like I don't have a problem or don't care about the first crap Axl took when he arrived to L.A. for the first time.

What I do have a problem with is this article in which some other crazy wacko claims that Olei Beich was the soul of Guns N' Roses and that their sound was defined by the Olei Beigh. Because that's really revising history and basically talking shit, trying to predate on the fame of a band that has nothing to do with Olei Beich.

People like that are enabled by people like you and others who insist on giving relevance to a guy that doesn't have any relevance in Guns N' Roses history.

Edited by killuridols

It's so easy...

Original line-up:

Axl Rose, Izzy Stradlin, Tracii Guns, Ole Beich, Rob Garder

Classic line-up I:

Axl Rose, Izzy Stradlin, Slash, Duff McKagan, Steven Adler

Farm Aid line-up: 

Axl Rose, Izzy Stradlin, Slash, Duff McKagan, Steven Adler, Dizzy Reed

Classic line-up II: 

Axl Rose, Izzy Stradlin, Slash, Duff McKagan, Dizzy Reed, Matt Sorum

“TSI?“ line-up:

Axl Rose, Slash, Duff McKagan, Dizzy Reed, Matt Sorum, Gilby Clarke

SFTD line-up: 

Axl Rose, Slash, Duff McKagan, Dizzy Reed, Matt Sorum, Paul Tobias

CD line-up I:

Axl Rose, Dizzy Reed, Paul Tobias, Robin Finck, Josh Freese, Tommy Stinson, Chris Pitman

CD line-up II:

Axl Rose, Dizzy Reed, Paul Tobias, Robin Finck, Tommy Stinson, Chris Pitman, Buckethead, Brain

CD line-up III:

Axl Rose, Dizzy Reed, Robin Finck, Tommy Stinson, Chris Pitman, Buckethead, Brain, Richard Fortus

CD line-up IV:

Axl Rose, Dizzy Reed, Robin Finck, Tommy Stinson, Chris Pitman, Brain, Richard Fortus, Bumblefoot

CD line-up V:

Axl Rose, Dizzy Reed, Robin Finck, Tommy Stinson, Chris Pitman, Richard Fortus, Bumblefoot, Frank Ferrer

Post-CD line-up I:

Axl Rose, Dizzy Reed, Tommy Stinson, Chris Pitman, Richard Fortus, Bumblefoot, Frank Ferrer, DJ Ashba

Post-CD line-up II (NITL):

Axl Rose, Slash, Duff McKagan, Dizzy Reed, Richard Fortus, Frank Ferrer, Melissa Reese

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Sosso said:

It's so easy...

Original line-up:

Classic line-up I:

Farm Aid line-up: 

Classic line-up II: 

SOTD line-up: 

CD line-up I:

Axl Rose, Dizzy Reed, Paul Tobias, Robin Finck, Josh Freese, Tommy Stinson, Chris Pitman

CD line-up II:

Axl Rose, Dizzy Reed, Paul Tobias, Robin Finck, Tommy Stinson, Chris Pitman, Buckethead, Brain

CD line-up III:

Axl Rose, Dizzy Reed, Robin Finck, Tommy Stinson, Chris Pitman, Buckethead, Brain, Richard Fortus

CD line-up IV:

Axl Rose, Dizzy Reed, Robin Finck, Tommy Stinson, Chris Pitman, Brain, Richard Fortus, Bumblefoot

CD line-up V:

Axl Rose, Dizzy Reed, Robin Finck, Tommy Stinson, Chris Pitman, Richard Fortus, Bumblefoot, Frank Ferrer

Post-CD line-up I:

Axl Rose, Dizzy Reed, Tommy Stinson, Chris Pitman, Richard Fortus, Bumblefoot, Frank Ferrer, DJ Ashba

Axl Rose, Slash, Duff McKagan, Dizzy Reed, Richard Fortus, Frank Ferrer, Melissa Reese

Plus UYI tour with Gilby, and the auxiliary players?  And TSI lineup with Gilby?

23 minutes ago, killuridols said:

The only vehement freaks are the ones who insist with this as if it had any importance. You say people don't know the difference or don't understand that someone can be "original" but "irrelevant". I think most people do understand the difference and that's why most people do not give a flying heck about this guy, because he has no relevance to the fans and to the music of Guns N' Roses. And even if you want to give him some relevance regarding the history of GN'R, he doesn't have it. He's just one more of those guys who were around during the formation of the lineup that got to record AFD and establish itself as Guns N' Roses.

What does LIKING have to do with anything?

Have you considered the possibility of someone not giving a fuck about your Olei Beich?? Yeah, that's me.

I don't have any particular problem with this guy, just like I don't have a problem or don't care about the first crap Axl took when he arrived to L.A. for the first time.

What I do have a problem with is this article in which some other crazy wacko claims that Olei Beich was the soul of Guns N' Roses and that their sound was defined by the Olei Beigh. Because that's really revising history and basically talking shit, trying to predate on the fame of a band that has nothing to do with Olei Beich.

People like that are enabled by people like you and others who insist on giving relevance to a guy that doesn't have any relevance in Guns N' Roses history.

No one here (besides Cromwell, but I doubt he is actually here) is saying that Ole Beich was in any way important. We are just saying Ole was part of the very first incarnation of Guns N' Roses, something that guys like Slash and Marc are saying, too. That doesn't mean Ole was important, really, nor does it diminish the importance of guys like Slash and Duff who came in slightly later and actually created the fantastic music and played those amazing concerts. This surreal connection, that being firstg means you were great, is all in your head. It basically seems too complicated for you to keep these things separated.

As I have said numerous times now, pointing out that he was in the original lineup is not a qualitative assessment of his musical abilities or his importance to the legacy of GN'R, it is just stating a plain fact. You are the one who have got your panties in a bunch because you infer that stating this simple fact as a response to you erroneously claiming he wasn't, is some kind of slight against Duff or Slash or means one has other motives than simply being jarred by blatant ignorance and historical revision :lol:

As for Cromwell claiming that Ole was the soul of GN'R, well, I can't really be bothered about a pal who tries to say something nice about his late friend, especially when it is this bizzarre and blatantly an attempt at being kind to the memory. In a way, it is kinda sweet when you consider the context. But claiming we who insist on being historical correct are enabling people like Cromwell -- when there can ble only one of them and I doubt he reads this forum -- by pointing out a simple fact that is nevertheless wildly reported in music history books, magazines, biographies, documentaries, wikipedia, etc, is just facepalm-worthy ridiculous. But by all means, go after everybody who insists on not revising history and thus "enable Cromwell into saying things that diminishes the importance of Steven and Duff". Fight those surreal windmills of yours!

Edited by SoulMonster

16 minutes ago, Sosso said:

It's so easy...

Original line-up:

Classic line-up I:

Farm Aid line-up: 

Classic line-up II: 

SOTD line-up: 

CD line-up I:

CD line-up II:

CD line-up III:

CD line-up IV:

CD line-up V:

Post-CD line-up I:

And on and on........😀

27 minutes ago, Sosso said:

It's so easy...

Original line-up:

Classic line-up I:

Farm Aid line-up: 

Classic line-up II: 

“TSI?“ line-up:

Axl Rose, Slash, Duff McKagan, Dizzy Reed, Matt Sorum, Gilby Clarke

SOTD line-up: 

CD line-up I:

CD line-up II:

CD line-up III:

CD line-up IV:

CD line-up V:

Post-CD line-up I:

Jesus, this band!!

Thirteen - if I have counted well enough. We are at Guns N' Roses Mark XIII. Deep Purple only had eight 'Marks' and they are notorious.

Apparently Guns have had twenty-three band members - and that is not even including 'additional/touring' typeslike Teddy and the Illusion girls!! Twenty three members and only five bloody albums!

• GNFNR 1
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Sosso said:

It's so easy...

Original line-up:

Classic line-up I:

Farm Aid line-up: 

Classic line-up II: 

SOTD line-up: 

CD line-up I:

CD line-up II:

CD line-up III:

CD line-up IV:

CD line-up V:

Post-CD line-up I:

The "SFTD lineup" was the same as the TSI lineup sans Gilby. Paul Tobias wasn't officially a member until 1997; he played on SFTD as (Axl's) "guest".