Slash Interview on Nikki Sixx tonight

4 minutes ago, soon said:

Ahhh!  What a tease: Slash says he went right back to work after tour and Sixx doesnt ask him what the work is!!

Also Nikki does not stop talking! He seems to be that kind of interviewer who speaks more than the interviewee.

• Like 1

Anyone have the link for the rest of this whenever it’s on tonight? I doubt very much that Slash will give any vital info away as he’s bound and gagged by muzzle contract but I still want to hear it. Even knowing that the majority of the talking will be done by Nikki. The guy that loves hearing himself talk about himself way too much... 🙄🤯

57 minutes ago, Crowebar said:

Anyone have the link for the rest of this whenever it’s on tonight? I doubt very much that Slash will give any vital info away as he’s bound and gagged by muzzle contract but I still want to hear it. Even knowing that the majority of the talking will be done by Nikki. The guy that loves hearing himself talk about himself way too much... 🙄🤯

sorry i don't have the entire interview. It was late and nikki's show is truly awful. They play six songs between interviewing slash for 2 minutes. Then they come back from the break and say "We'll be right back with Slash" and then they play more songs. It was getting pretty late so i just slept. Plus i didn't figure slash had anything else important to say. 

7 hours ago, Order of Nine said:

Good job sid!

Keep the Pittman gifs coming!!

haha thanks. I need a towel waving gif. Do you have one by any chance?

21 minutes ago, sidman69 said:

sorry i don't have the entire interview. It was late and nikki's show is truly awful. They play six songs between interviewing slash for 2 minutes. Then they come back from the break and say "We'll be right back with Slash" and then they play more songs. It was getting pretty late so i just slept. Plus i didn't figure slash had anything else important to say. 

haha thanks. I need a towel waving gif. Do you have one by any chance?

No I wish I did. That one you posted seems like it would be tough to beat. The way he's dressed, looks like someone's dad who got drunk at a graduation party and wanted to "rock out" it's a classic... 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Blake Sabbath said:

Slash tweeted thanking one of those Slash fan pages and said something like "SMKC starting in 2018" which cancels anything to do with Guns I think as far as "work"...

This makes me angry. Guns will lose respect bigtime if they don't release a song in the next year or 2. 

5 minutes ago, Order of Nine said:

This makes me angry. Guns will lose respect bigtime if they don't release a song in the next year or 2. 

I understand where you are coming from, but I think most fans were fully aware of the fact that after the tour there would be total silence and nothing taking place as far as a new song or album Is concerned. They will be back In 6 months ready to resume touring. 

5 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Well, just watched it.  It started off well and then Nikki didn't really keep the momentum going for some reason and it got a little aimless from the middle onwards, but still very enjoyable to watch and gain a little bit more insight into Slash's creative process.  

Points of interest:

1. Slash goes through a list of influential riff artists, Who, Zeppelin, Kinks usual suspects.

2. Says that riffs often come from playing a succession of notes and then something catches his ear.  Also riffs come from jamming with drummers because riffs are rhythmic things (wonder how he finds 'jamming' with Frank? lol)

3. Sometimes uses a metronome on his phone because he writes in weird key signatures

4. Jams in his hotel room all night before soundcheck, and he'll be really excited about it, and then at soundcheck, as soon as the drums come into it the riff is completely different to what he imagined.

5. Recommends playing to a metronome for self-discipline

6. Plays his first favourite riff: Back In The Saddle by Aerosmith. :dance: He's not sure if he's playing it right and he's a bit shy about it.  Of course he sounds awesome. Nikki Six looks on admiringly.

7. Next favourite riff: Black Dog by Led Zep.  Sounds damn good.  Jason Bonham showed him how to get it right. 

8. Whole Lotta Love.  Gets a teensy bit stuck, which they both acknowledge, and they talk about how tricksy it is

9. He got pretty good at reading sheet music at one point but doesn't think sheet music is any good for interpreting rock and roll

10. Welcome to the Jungle.  Breaks it down for Nikki.  Says it's tricky to play because you're skipping strings all the time

11. Mentions how he already had the Jungle riff and later on, when they were booked in a rehearsal space on limited time, Axl asked him to 'play that riff he'd heard the other day' and it went from there

12. Says AFD pretty much wrote itself (instrumentally) and says how unorthodox the making of that album was

13. He once had a stalker guy who accused him of stealing riffs out of his head - Slash had to get a restraining order on him LOL

And that's it.  No mention of GNR, the tour or future plans.  

Very standard interview,nothing new 😕

12 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

6. Plays his first favourite riff: Back In The Saddle by Aerosmith. :dance: He's not sure if he's playing it right and he's a bit shy about it.  Of course he sounds awesome. Nikki looks on admiringly.

Any idea how far into the show he played that? I'd love to hear it but don't want to listen to the whole thing. 

53 minutes ago, Blake Sabbath said:

Slash tweeted thanking one of those Slash fan pages and said something like "SMKC starting in 2018" which cancels anything to do with Guns I think as far as "work"...

How does it cancel GNR related work? 

2 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Any idea how far into the show he played that? I'd love to hear it but don't want to listen to the whole thing. 

6:24 mark

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ironmt said:

I understand where you are coming from, but I think most fans were fully aware of the fact that after the tour there would be total silence and nothing taking place as far as a new song or album Is concerned. They will be back In 6 months ready to resume touring. 

They need a release

Jungle's intro is indeed a tricky riff to play if you do it correctly. I've seen many tabs assume that the string skipping is generated by a delay pedal but that is not the case despite delay being used for the false start. I'll have to watch this after to hear more from the man himself!

20 minutes ago, TheDemocracyRose said:

He could easily have said he was looking forward to the European tour. He didn't. #DJRUMOR 

No, he couldn't easily have said that, unless the topic was brought up, which it wasn't.  He said nothing about anything related to work.  He wouldn't randomly blurt out something about looking forward to another tour out of context.  This whole DJ Ashbar thing isn't even a rumour.  It's MyGNR fan speculation. :rolleyes:

Edited by MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle
  • Like 2