Slash Interview on Nikki Sixx tonight

11 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Watched the whole thing after all.. Good watch.. I love both Lats Child and City Boy Blues.. I don't hear the slightest similarity in them at all.. 

I actually prefer Last Child to Back in the Saddle tbh, though the whole album is great.  Nobody's Fault is another standout.  

55 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

I actually prefer Last Child to Back in the Saddle tbh, though the whole album is great.  Nobody's Fault is another standout.  

Same.. Last Child is in my top 5 Aerosmith songs for sure... I love all their 70's albums.. My favorite is "Get Your Wings" with their first album closely behind it.

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

Watched the whole thing after all.. Good watch.. I love both Last Child and City Boy Blues.. I don't hear the slightest similarity in them at all.. 

City Boy Blues is great. Every so often I throw Theater on and it's always better than I remember.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, RussTCB said:

City Boy Blues is great. Every so often I throw Theater on and it's always better than I remember.

Love that album man!! That album always gets shrugged off by people and the band themselves but I love it. I actually think it almost stands the test of time better than their other classics with all the slide guitar and stuff.. Save our Souls and Louder Than Hell are f'n money \m/

• Like 1

14 hours ago, RussTCB said:

My favorite part of the interview was Slash being aware and a fan of Motley's riff on the unreleased track Stick to your Guns, one of my fav crew songs and Too fast for love from their first and best record. Starry Eyes being my favorite Crue song.

Crazy to think Slash and Steven were sneaking into Crue shows when they were 16 & 17 years old in 1981. Duff is also a big fan of their first record. Some great punk elements there!

The first 2 Motley records are great. I love Theater of Pain too, their 3rd record. After that it went downhill and too 80s sounding for me. I did enough their final record Saints of Los Angeles. Animal in Me is a great tune 

Edited by Top-Hatted One

7 hours ago, Top-Hatted One said:

My favorite part of the interview was Slash being aware and a fan of Motley's riff on the unreleased track Stick to your Guns, one of my fav crew songs and Too fast for love from their first and best record. Starry Eyes being my favorite Crue song.

Crazy to think Slash and Steven were sneaking into Crue shows when they were 16 & 17 years old in 1981. Duff is also a big fan of their first record. Some great punk elements there!

The first 2 Motley records are great. I love Theater of Pain too, their 3rd record. After that it went downhill and too 80s sounding for me. I did enough their final record Saints of Los Angeles. Animal in Me is a great tune 

I agree with you on the early stuff. However, I think their best album by far is Motley Crue '94

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigpoop said:

It's so weird how they can't really talk about the band. Nikki ask about it very tentatively...Slash makes clear he can't really talk about except to say how great the tour was. What other band operates this way?  

I always thought it was weird too, but I've come round to the idea that it's better this way from their POV at least.  Slash says in the other interview that he reads some of his past interviews and it's embarrassing.  I'd say they've learned some hard lessons.  

• Like 1

Anyone know what VR song Slash is referring to that Keith & Todd from Buckcherry stole the riff from another band they were rehearsing next to? Then that band tried to sue the VR guys?

This was pre-VR. The very early stages when The Buckcherry guys were briefly jamming with The Project. Then Slash nixed the idea as he and Keith lacked chemistry as Keith couldn't play rhythm guitar. He was playing the same parts as Slash

8 hours ago, Top-Hatted One said:

Anyone know what VR song Slash is referring to that Keith & Todd from Buckcherry stole the riff from another band they were rehearsing next to? Then that band tried to sue the VR guys?

This was pre-VR. The very early stages when The Buckcherry guys were briefly jamming with The Project. Then Slash nixed the idea as he and Keith lacked chemistry as Keith couldn't play rhythm guitar. He was playing the same parts as Slash

It was Dirty Little Thing and they paid 20% of the royalties to Dirty Deeds which were a UK band ( i've never heard of them)

edit *Tony Newton was the guy's name 

Edited by janrichmond