Gardening

Gracii Guns

15 hours ago, cineater said:

Busy day.  Susan update:  Dad still in hospital, car in transmission shop for the next few days and plumber fixed the problem for another 250.  She's way over due to a meltdown.

Lily was crazy the other night running laps around the house.  Brian is back to burning.  Looks like he cleared out some room for the fence.

Yard trimmed and mowed for the garden club.  For once I haven't spent so much time at the garden my yard needs attention.  It's good to go.

That was the Wednesday MG Townhall meeting.  You don't do those.  I asked if the Virginia Copperhead weed could be used as a trapper crop.  It's a weed but the bugs love it.  Always eaten up.  I've taken up leaving in with my plants when it's not looking too weedy.

Aw hell I got into a GNR discussion. :lol:  The Dead are great but there's only so much hippy music I can take before I need some of that get up and kick some ass music. :lol:  Found the perfect song for the pandemic.  Living in the USA, Steve Miller Band, "Stand back, Stand back".

Poor Susan. Dads still in for another day today then? Oh dear.

Fire is very cathartic for Brian, yes?

Good to get your garden cleaned up for your upcoming dubauchery :lol:

Im glad I didnt miss another class!

:lol: But I saw that you made that incredible discovery about the Hell church Axl thingy. What is that even about???

Ill have to check out the song. Might need to play it on my phone as I walk around!!

I was shown that church thing by a friend.  GNR is aware of it.  For as much as people think GNR takes shit down, it's still there.  Probably, haven't checked back.  But there are people looking for GNR in those secret places.   Always active, always searching, playing Looney Tunes. "Shhh. Be vewy vewy quiet, I'm hunting GNR".  :lol:

Damn it, I forgot the tea and paper plates.  Not enough sleep, not enough caffeine.  I'm worthless.  I'm going to go mow grass at the Extension.  Hopefully I don't hurt myself. :lol:

No word on the dad, no word on the car, just the bill for the plumber.  

2 hours ago, cineater said:

I was shown that church thing by a friend.  GNR is aware of it.  For as much as people think GNR takes shit down, it's still there.  Probably, haven't checked back.  But there are people looking for GNR in those secret places.   Always active, always searching, playing Looney Tunes. "Shhh. Be vewy vewy quiet, I'm hunting GNR".  :lol:

Damn it, I forgot the tea and paper plates.  Not enough sleep, not enough caffeine.  I'm worthless.  I'm going to go mow grass at the Extension.  Hopefully I don't hurt myself. :lol:

No word on the dad, no word on the car, just the bill for the plumber.  

But Axl registered the name. We're sure it wasnt always him? Then again, he could register it just to make them stop listing it too.

Stay safe out there mowing!

Saw a woman street preaching near the garden, where the drinkers are. All very positive and sensitive to the traumatized park drinkers. Stuff like "People let you down and it breaks Gods heart too... you are not alone in you pain. You maybe did wrong yourself and you cary that weight, but thats why Jesus came; for you and your sins." And thats when two Police SUVs rolled up over the grass with lights on and stopped her. What a backwards world. When was the last time the police went by and gave a pep talk to these sad folks?

Also at the garden, a local Lebanese man was interviewed for the national news about the explosion. I suppose its in relation to ammonium nitrate being used in fertilizer? Or maybe the man just lived nearby? Was odd to over hear that while gardening though. 

Weird day at the garden.

I cranked out all the hand mowing and got the front yard.  The property looks good from what the council can see.  Big mower is going to have to sit in there for a while.  I practically had to swim the push mower through the back 40.  I trimmed last week and it doesn't look like I did a thing.

So I've been going at it about and hour and a half.  Thank god Kevin got the self propelled working, really helps on the slopes.  I'm breaking in my car so I can take off the mask, smoke and drinking some caffeine.  Here comes the director of the extension wanting to chat.  He want to bitch about Kevin cleaning up the wood pile.  Fortunately we just discussed that and before he can bring it up, I bring up the native bed issues to prove I'm on it.  He makes a few comments about signage, yeah you locked us out of the office.  And how some of the beds aren't growing what they are suppose to be.  Yeah we pulled all their funding and told them they could only had the plants we had available from our fucked up plant sale because we are trying to preserve the $5000 we are giving him.

But he keeps talking and tells me more than he intends.  He wants to turn over the native beds to the Master Naturalist, he wants to tack on a fee to any of the programs we charge money for, he wants to charge us for using the secretarial services and office equipment, he wants to up the $50 month we pay for room use and utilities.  He wants money from us and control of the gardens.  They've got no money.  They will likely get a budget cut this year and they were already operating in the hole.  If we want to keep our playground  we've got to help them bring in money.  It is their property, they have the liability.  I'm not totally opposed, it's just the dictator way he is saying it.  I let him know that and suggest ways he can approach the group to start negotiations.

Yeah, I'm not telling anybody in the group this.  He hasn't got it past the council yet.  People in our group are going to be pissed.  A lot of misinformation could be put out there before he has a chance to make his sales pitch and negotiate with us.  I just have to figure out away to convince our group to open our own bank account and get it out of the Extensions hands.  As long as they can see what we've got they are going to keep thinking we can give more.

2 hours ago, cineater said:

I cranked out all the hand mowing and got the front yard.  The property looks good from what the council can see.  Big mower is going to have to sit in there for a while.  I practically had to swim the push mower through the back 40.  I trimmed last week and it doesn't look like I did a thing.

So I've been going at it about and hour and a half.  Thank god Kevin got the self propelled working, really helps on the slopes.  I'm breaking in my car so I can take off the mask, smoke and drinking some caffeine.  Here comes the director of the extension wanting to chat.  He want to bitch about Kevin cleaning up the wood pile.  Fortunately we just discussed that and before he can bring it up, I bring up the native bed issues to prove I'm on it.  He makes a few comments about signage, yeah you locked us out of the office.  And how some of the beds aren't growing what they are suppose to be.  Yeah we pulled all their funding and told them they could only had the plants we had available from our fucked up plant sale because we are trying to preserve the $5000 we are giving him.

But he keeps talking and tells me more than he intends.  He wants to turn over the native beds to the Master Naturalist, he wants to tack on a fee to any of the programs we charge money for, he wants to charge us for using the secretarial services and office equipment, he wants to up the $50 month we pay for room use and utilities.  He wants money from us and control of the gardens.  They've got no money.  They will likely get a budget cut this year and they were already operating in the hole.  If we want to keep our playground  we've got to help them bring in money.  It is their property, they have the liability.  I'm not totally opposed, it's just the dictator way he is saying it.  I let him know that and suggest ways he can approach the group to start negotiations.

Yeah, I'm not telling anybody in the group this.  He hasn't got it past the council yet.  People in our group are going to be pissed.  A lot of misinformation could be put out there before he has a chance to make his sales pitch and negotiate with us.  I just have to figure out away to convince our group to open our own bank account and get it out of the Extensions hands.  As long as they can see what we've got they are going to keep thinking we can give more.

You've got that info for your back pocket. I wonder why he shared it with you prematurely?

Sounds like he needs to step off as Axl would say?

I second your call for an independent bank account. And may I suggest subterfuge to sideline this man? :) 

Omg, I'm talking to him tonight and trying to explain these folks will offer up all the help you need but you have to approach them like that.  You have to ask them how they can help.  But no, he wants to charge and makes threats to take shit away.  No wonder they didn't have enough people at the council meeting to hold it.  Maybe he'll think about what I said.  He's probably the type who shared with me because he thought he was riding shotgun over someone.  I don't think he gets the reaction from me he's looking for. :lol:

I had to look it up.  That's your male eastern tiger swallowtail.  The female has a blue butt.  He was huge!  Last year I got the white one.  Looked like a piano.

14 minutes ago, cineater said:

Omg, I'm talking to him tonight and trying to explain these folks will offer up all the help you need but you have to approach them like that.  You have to ask them how they can help.  But no, he wants to charge and makes threats to take shit away.  No wonder they didn't have enough people at the council meeting to hold it.  Maybe he'll think about what I said.  He's probably the type who shared with me because he thought he was riding shotgun over someone.  I don't think he gets the reaction from me he's looking for. :lol:

I had to look it up.  That's your male eastern tiger swallowtail.  The female has a blue butt.  He was huge!  Last year I got the white one.  Looked like a piano.

I dont know how you deal with all these entitled male boomers :lol: But I can tell that you do it very well! I can almost picture you taking drags of your cigarette as you measure your responses :headbang:

Eastern Tiger Swallowtail. Name fits thats for sure! They are striking! Sent you moth pics. He was furry but I dont think you can make that out. 

My lentils might actually be thinking about shooting up finally. They still dont require trellising. 

He's not a boomer, he's a millennial.  Guessing raised by a punitive/dominating parent.  Probably first time in a leadership position.  Speaks business, not people.  Several of the long time office staff have left.  It took them almost 2 years to hire somebody for this underpaid job.  We're kind of stuck teaching him.

He was cute.  I was looking at the cones.  Nice batch of those.  And at the garden in general.  Was that a tool shed?

My one tomato is still green!

11 hours ago, cineater said:

He's not a boomer, he's a millennial.  Guessing raised by a punitive/dominating parent.  Probably first time in a leadership position.  Speaks business, not people.  Several of the long time office staff have left.  It took them almost 2 years to hire somebody for this underpaid job.  We're kind of stuck teaching him.

He was cute.  I was looking at the cones.  Nice batch of those.  And at the garden in general.  Was that a tool shed?

My one tomato is still green!

What?!? The fucking nerve to speak to you that way! And to try and take so much control of everything you all do! He doesnt realize how lucky he is to have you to teach him.

Yeah the cones survived the whole aphids thanks to hoverflies! Thats the tool shed, yeah. Not is use this year.

What is going on with your lone green tomato?!

I was hoping you knew, lol.  I'm the flower girl and you're the veggie man.

Yeah, woke up this morning thinking I just don't really want to play with this guy.  He also wants to turn our big meeting space area into separate office space and rent it out.  So we get money coming in but we lose our base?  How is that a win?

Ready to party.  Sent you a picture of my set up on the driveway.  Looking forward to this actually.  Haven't thrown a party in the front yard in a long time.

34 minutes ago, cineater said:

I was hoping you knew, lol.  I'm the flower girl and you're the veggie man.

Yeah, woke up this morning thinking I just don't really want to play with this guy.  He also wants to turn our big meeting space area into separate office space and rent it out.  So we get money coming in but we lose our base?  How is that a win?

Ready to party.  Sent you a picture of my set up on the driveway.  Looking forward to this actually.  Haven't thrown a party in the front yard in a long time.

Yay - Im so excited for you boy/girl party!! Looking good! They'll never believe that a huge, weeks long plant sale took place where they sit! Hope you have a blast! Iirc you mentioned doing 'some type of iced tea' what did you decide on?

Yeah, we were raised in a world where the will of money is seen as the guiding light. We didnt have our own grateful dead. No one was pretending to care about human beings anymore when we came along. Also, we were raised to view everything as a chance for "accomplishment." To the extent that we might even break down what is technically one task into a bunch of smaller tasks that we can 'win' and feel satisfied by it... and typically also humble brag to anyone listening to get validation. Coastal liberals tried to program us like computers to be unfeeling technocrats, cyborgs in service of an economy that leaves us wanting. Sorry you have to deal with that shit.

I think you need to repot maybe? Im concerned the issue is with the roots. I know you were gonna let it dry out and hit it with fertilizer and I think thats good too.

Edited by soon

14 minutes ago, cineater said:

4 hour party.  It was nice.  I have half the food left over so good for me.  Just bought too much.  They liked it.  Green tea with ginseng.  Pretty good actually.

Last show tonight.  I'll be back.  We've got Bobby.

Sounds fun!! I’m glad you enjoyed it! So no hot tub action? :lol: green tea with ginseng sounds tasty!! I love having leftovers! So this garden club should be fun?! Nice!!

im looking so forward to the show! It feels like the end of an era though :( 

Bobby should be great too!

I should say I’m really tired though. I was up late with a mystery medical event. I had to call people for help even. My new friend came by with fresher baked snacks! and I finally felt better around 3am. I’m already falling asleep but I’m doing my best for our show!

Mystery medical event?  Sounds scary.  Your new friend sounds like a keeper.

Try to stay awake for Bobby.  I'm working on a new puzzle of postage stamps during the concert.  It's borderless and has 5 extra pieces AND, wait for it, a search for Elvis' blue suede shoes.  The Clue is Return to Sender.  The puzzle that fucks with you.

20 minutes ago, cineater said:

Mystery medical event?  Sounds scary.  Your new friend sounds like a keeper.

Try to stay awake for Bobby.  I'm working on a new puzzle of postage stamps during the concert.  It's borderless and has 5 extra pieces AND, wait for it, a search for Elvis' blue suede shoes.  The Clue is Return to Sender.  The puzzle that fucks with you.

The leading theory is spider bite. Which is funny because like two days ago I told one of the guys here that I wasnt worried enough to spray them! lol. My family of Brown Recluse have exploded in population. And thats my fault - they expanded from my window into my wood piles. So yesterday afternoon I wore layers of long clothing, heavy duty gloves, etc to protect myself. And I made a bunch of noise and just tapped at the wood pile to scare them off. And then I carefully moved the pieces elsewhere. I came back in and took off the layers. Then, when I put my pants back on I felt an odd pressure on the side of my ankle.

Soon after I was experiencing a fever and tremors. Then the same place on my ankle became really itchy. Someone found a single puncture wound that eventually started to get a bit of pus. But just the one puncture, this spider would leave two.

I think my thick socks that Im wearing in absence of clean laundry saved me from a full dose!! :lol: But it remains a mystery because today we'd expect to see a lot more irritation around the puncture. So who knows? Was the dose just so small? Was it randomly some other creature? Was my fever nothing to do with that bite? If it was a spider.... he's in my home now :nervous:

But yeah, people are cool! And the baking was great! lol

Im making some pizza sandwiches. I bought some chips and dip to enjoy with our show! :headbang:

What makes a puzzle borderless? Like the image isnt confined to the size of the puzzle? So cool that is has extra pieces to throw you! Sounds nice! Cant wait to see what it is!

Edited by soon

5 minutes ago, cineater said:

I have no idea what they mean by borderless.  I'm assuming they look like they should connect to more puzzle pieces.

So any marks today.  I thought when you get those bites the skin infected dies.

Sounds neat!

Its not even that itchy today. Mystery.

Here we go! The couch is back! :lol:

6 minutes ago, cineater said:

Did you see them showing off album covers at the start?  That was cool.

Last night, figured it was time to donate a little again.  Glad it was the Rex Foundation.

I saw a bit at least. I saw them showing WMD, Go To Heaven and In The Dark. Plus on cover I didnt recognize. Was there more than that?

Nice! Its really cool to hear more about Rex!! :headbang: Too cool!

This is nea about the masks too.

36 minutes ago, soon said:

I saw a bit at least. I saw them showing WMD, Go To Heaven and In The Dark. Plus on cover I didnt recognize. Was there more than that?

Nice! Its really cool to hear more about Rex!! :headbang: Too cool!

This is nea about the masks too.

A bunch of album covers not just the Dead.  I laughed at the China joke too.  Interesting what he said about his workout.

9 minutes ago, cineater said:

A bunch of album covers not just the Dead.  I laughed at the China joke too.  Interesting what he said about his workout.

We will survive!

About how he needs to work out that much to manage his performances?

I like the his &his performance wear with Bobby And Jerry - shorts and slippers so thin that they're socks!

Edited by soon

6 minutes ago, soon said:

We will survive!

About how he needs to work out that much to manage his performances?

What being a singer demands of his body and how it has affected his body after all these years.

Like what he said about what the instrument wanted to do.  Playing into the muse.  You hear a lot of creative people talk this way.  It's kind of not them or something they are incontrol of.

Jerry sounding a little rough.

8 minutes ago, cineater said:

What being a singer demands of his body and how it has affected his body after all these years.

Like what he said about what the instrument wanted to do.  Playing into the muse.  You hear a lot of creative people talk this way.  It's kind of not them or something they are incontrol of.

Jerry sounding a little rough.

Huh, I thought Jerry played his ass off on the first few tracks (and still now)? I t was really raw but I liked how he was digging in. But his voice is a little cooked, yeah. Maybe thats why Bobbys done more of they singing so far?

I love to hear improvisational players speaking about the muse that way, especially. Most bands commune with the muse to write and record and album. The Dead lived with her every second of every performance :headbang:

I was thinking "Phil looks like what people dressed their children like in that era. And then I noticed there is a picture of a baby oh his shirt. So maybe he indeed was dressed up as his baby? Sweat pants? Really Phil? :lol:

2 minutes ago, soon said:

Huh, I thought Jerry played his ass off on the first few tracks (and still now)? I t was really raw but I liked how he was digging in. But his voice is a little cooked, yeah. Maybe thats why Bobbys done more of they singing so far?

I love to hear improvisational players speaking about the muse that way, especially. Most bands commune with the muse to write and record and album. The Dead lived with her every second of every performance :headbang:

I was thinking "Phil looks like what people dressed their children like in that era. And then I noticed there is a picture of a baby oh his shirt. So maybe he indeed was dressed up as his baby? Sweat pants? Really Phil? :lol:

I've never seen Jerry unable to command that guitar.  His voice is as you say a little cooked but he's singing it out.

I'm not watching.  This puzzle is challenging.  So far I have 7 of the same cactus stamp.  I was thinking one of each stamp, lol.  Most of these are 25 cent stamps.  What year was that, lol?