Gardening

Gracii Guns

Simone did come home right after I posted that.  He poor little nose has been scratched up all summer.  She throws her face into those cat fights.

Figured you for a spoonman.  You play those and I'll tap dance.  Maybe we should listen to space and drums. :lol:

God love the gardeners but they sure make me crazy.  I'm hoping for an extended autumn.  Brian better keep his hands off my twigs!  I noticed today he's mapping out where the fence will go.  Hope he follows through on it.

Apparently your arteries are like the main river but there are side channels that move the blood, more slowly, called capillaries.   When Karen called the second night to check on him, the nurse replied your the nurse, oh good.  My SIL has been a little freaked out.  They like to talk to nurse to nurse.  Susan's dad may need a ride home from the hospital the same day she has surgery.  Going to be playing medical taxi.

1 hour ago, cineater said:

Simone did come home right after I posted that.  He poor little nose has been scratched up all summer.  She throws her face into those cat fights.

Figured you for a spoonman.  You play those and I'll tap dance.  Maybe we should listen to space and drums. :lol:

God love the gardeners but they sure make me crazy.  I'm hoping for an extended autumn.  Brian better keep his hands off my twigs!  I noticed today he's mapping out where the fence will go.  Hope he follows through on it.

Apparently your arteries are like the main river but there are side channels that move the blood, more slowly, called capillaries.   When Karen called the second night to check on him, the nurse replied your the nurse, oh good.  My SIL has been a little freaked out.  They like to talk to nurse to nurse.  Susan's dad may need a ride home from the hospital the same day she has surgery.  Going to be playing medical taxi.

Simone is a scrapper! Glad shes home.

No space and drums! :lol: I love the rest though!

Im sick of everyone, gardeners or otherwise. This is a nightmare for me - I go through life suspicious that most people are morons but I could never know for sure. Now, wth the virus, I know for sure! 36 new cases here today! A teenager died. An old folks home had an outbreak. All because of the stupidity that I can document. And apparently the worst thing you can do to try and help morons is teach them how to think more clearly. They f'n hate that! They like their ignorant little puddle of a life. :shrugs::lol:. Its like its a grift - as long as most people are morons they can all agree to let one another pretend that they're smart! :lol:

Thats how I felt when I learned that Karen was on it! :heart: 

You are a good friend. Youll be busy! I hope that no unexpected bodily fluids are released in your car :lol:

Edited by soon

I got to see the planter Caleb is working on.  Most planters in front of the house are one continuous, curving line with the big pavers.  He's got that but with little bricks.  The second level is the big pavers but they are semi circles connected together with breaks between groups of circles.  The big semi circle is a third level.  He put flat pavers on top of the big pavers that gives it a nice finished look.  My only complaint is the upper levels, he's using rock.  Hate rock!  But it's his vision and he's got it so far.  And he's the one who has to remove the rock later if it doesn't work out. :lol:

The sod over there is settling nicely.  They got so lucky we got the July and August we got.

Damn the spring on the garage door snapped.

Edited by cineater

13 hours ago, cineater said:

I got to see the planter Caleb is working on.  Most planters in front of the house are one continuous, curving line with the big pavers.  He's got that but with little bricks.  The second level is the big pavers but they are semi circles connected together with breaks between groups of circles.  The big semi circle is a third level.  He put flat pavers on top of the big pavers that gives it a nice finished look.  My only complaint is the upper levels, he's using rock.  Hate rock!  But it's his vision and he's got it so far.  And he's the one who has to remove the rock later if it doesn't work out. :lol:

The sod over there is settling nicely.  They got so lucky we got the July and August we got.

Damn the spring on the garage door snapped.

Well, it sounds like he's put a lot of thought into it! Sounds cool. I hope he likes the stones! :lol: Its great that he's so into it!

Thats right, all this rain is just what you needed! Perfect!

Can the garage door still open with a broken spring?

I forgot to mention that I watched some of the forest bathing class a while ago. I kinda found the presenter to be condescending in her presentation style. Like, shed say "Im going to show you a slide that explains about our connection to trees. Okay, so here is the slide that explains about our connection to trees. I will read through some of it. Tress make us feel taken care of. So thats the bit about how we're connected to trees." :lol:

She was an intern.  That's a first time presenter. :lol:  She's distracted by what she is having for dinner tonight.  The rest of us have real problems that keep us from focusing in. :lol:  She has a cool career ahead of her.

It will open but for a cheap door it's damn heavy.  And it slams back down if you don't hold it.  Fortunately it's not the side I park the car on.  It's something Sondra fixed for me the last time.

Stayed out till 3 and didn't get up till 10:30.  :lol:  That kills your morning.  I did come up with a cool idea to get people to come visit the gardens.  A butterfly hunt, come help us identify the butterflies that visit the gardens.  They could send pictures to our email and we'll compile a list from the pictures.

36 minutes ago, cineater said:

She was an intern.  That's a first time presenter. :lol:  She's distracted by what she is having for dinner tonight.  The rest of us have real problems that keep us from focusing in. :lol:  She has a cool career ahead of her.

It will open but for a cheap door it's damn heavy.  And it slams back down if you don't hold it.  Fortunately it's not the side I park the car on.  It's something Sondra fixed for me the last time.

Stayed out till 3 and didn't get up till 10:30.  :lol:  That kills your morning.  I did come up with a cool idea to get people to come visit the gardens.  A butterfly hunt, come help us identify the butterflies that visit the gardens.  They could send pictures to our email and we'll compile a list from the pictures.

:lol: Well said about the intern, lol

I hope Sondra can get it fixed for you quick. You just know that Benny willed it to break :lol:

What were you doing out till 3?? 

I love your idea! I would be all over that butterfly hunt!! Its perfect!

51 minutes ago, soon said:

:lol: Well said about the intern, lol

I hope Sondra can get it fixed for you quick. You just know that Benny willed it to break :lol:

What were you doing out till 3?? 

I love your idea! I would be all over that butterfly hunt!! Its perfect!

Mike called at midnight to hang outside.  It was a beautiful night.  Too buggy to be on the patio so it was nice to hang on the driveways.  I would have stayed longer but he was getting fucked up and had gone beyond that point where I want to talk with a drunk.  He was all excited about his social security statement.  Told him what he would get when he applies at different ages.  I took all the fun out of that. :lol:  While he's worked at a well paying job and I had a shit one, in the end I have more monthly income from my pension and social security then he will have.  I retired at 60 and he has to work until 65 for the medical insurance.  I didn't win by much, not enough to make him cry but I still come out a little bit ahead.  He was hoping to be way ahead. :lol: Maybe I did make him cry.  He wanted to compare some other things and I'm way ahead in that race.

My poor tomato plant still has just one green tomato.  Del says give it calcium nitrate.  Not going to invest in it.

Love the Butterfly Hunt idea but not me heading it up. :lol:  You know I'm still interested in the garden stuff just not me being responsible for it.  It takes up too much of my time and energy and doesn't leave me time to do something else.

21 minutes ago, cineater said:

Mike called at midnight to hang outside.  It was a beautiful night.  Too buggy to be on the patio so it was nice to hang on the driveways.  I would have stayed longer but he was getting fucked up and had gone beyond that point where I want to talk with a drunk.  He was all excited about his social security statement.  Told him what he would get when he applies at different ages.  I took all the fun out of that. :lol:  While he's worked at a well paying job and I had a shit one, in the end I have more monthly income from my pension and social security then he will have.  I retired at 60 and he has to work until 65 for the medical insurance.  I didn't win by much, not enough to make him cry but I still come out a little bit ahead.  He was hoping to be way ahead. :lol: Maybe I did make him cry.  He wanted to compare some other things and I'm way ahead in that race.

My poor tomato plant still has just one green tomato.  Del says give it calcium nitrate.  Not going to invest in it.

Love the Butterfly Hunt idea but not me heading it up. :lol:  You know I'm still interested in the garden stuff just not me being responsible for it.  It takes up too much of my time and energy and doesn't leave me time to do something else.

I love how everyone knows that they can drop by at midnight! :lol: Sounds like the info stung him a bit. You kill joy! :lol:

Poor tomato. At the garden people tomatoes are growing well. But people are so quick to be out of the garden/public as fast as possible so most of them arent trellised or caged. And clearly none have been trimmed. Most are half in the raised beds and half on the ground! 

Your ideas and someone else's energy sounds perfect!

3 hours ago, soon said:

I love how everyone knows that they can drop by at midnight! :lol: Sounds like the info stung him a bit. You kill joy! :lol:

Poor tomato. At the garden people tomatoes are growing well. But people are so quick to be out of the garden/public as fast as possible so most of them arent trellised or caged. And clearly none have been trimmed. Most are half in the raised beds and half on the ground! 

Your ideas and someone else's energy sounds perfect!

Maybe if you did work sessions so you were all there at one time, people would be more comfortable being there and staying longer.

Sondra is coming Wednesday to work on the garage.

The info that should sting for Mike is stop spending everything you got and save a little. :lol:  Example, he bought a sod roller because he was laying 8 pieces of sod in his yard.  Never going to need it again.  One of the many reasons he has to have two sheds in his backyard for storage and is unable to park in his 2 car garage. :lol:  But he's happy with how he's living and I know he wouldn't be happy with how I live.  He's going to be fine.  It's not about who has more, it's about having enough.

I have to read The Garden in Winter so I learn what adds interest in your garden in winter.  I'm more interested in landscaping these days.

3 hours ago, cineater said:

Maybe if you did work sessions so you were all there at one time, people would be more comfortable being there and staying longer.

Sondra is coming Wednesday to work on the garage.

The info that should sting for Mike is stop spending everything you got and save a little. :lol:  Example, he bought a sod roller because he was laying 8 pieces of sod in his yard.  Never going to need it again.  One of the many reasons he has to have two sheds in his backyard for storage and is unable to park in his 2 car garage. :lol:  But he's happy with how he's living and I know he wouldn't be happy with how I live.  He's going to be fine.  It's not about who has more, it's about having enough.

I have to read The Garden in Winter so I learn what adds interest in your garden in winter.  I'm more interested in landscaping these days.

I think that people dont want to be there at the same time.

Thats great Sondra will get you all set!

Whats a sod roller rent for by the day?! :lol: Im glad I cant understand consumerism - or else I might buy into it! :lol:

Wow, Ive never even thought about how to use plants to give a garden interest in the winter! Sounds neat. How did you find yourself getting more into landscaping?

Doesn't cost much to rent one of those. :lol:

I've always been one who has to find a plant a home.  Any bare spot will do.  People give me plants.  But you know I'm getting more into plant communities.  It makes sense to plant in groups instead of as individuals.

I have the grandkids tomorrow.  Won't be around much.  I have stuff all this week.  Up the covid risk.

13 hours ago, cineater said:

Doesn't cost much to rent one of those. :lol:

I've always been one who has to find a plant a home.  Any bare spot will do.  People give me plants.  But you know I'm getting more into plant communities.  It makes sense to plant in groups instead of as individuals.

I have the grandkids tomorrow.  Won't be around much.  I have stuff all this week.  Up the covid risk.

Silly question - You can have a plan community in containers, right?

I think its rained every day this month! 

Hope youre having a blast wit the grandkids! 

Edited by soon

6 hours ago, soon said:

They. Are. Black beans.

:dance:

At least the ones ready for harvest today. Tiny guys.

Yeah black beans!  Let's make a rule.  Minimum requirement is 3 plants per container to make a community.

Got to the butterfly garden and they were watering.  We didn't see that many butterflies but it was nice to be out.  My granddaughter is taller than I am and the boy is not far behind.  I could tell from some of their questions and comments their dad hasn't explained who I am or how he came to be my kid.  Guess it don't really matter but I almost slipped up.

15 hours ago, cineater said:

Yeah black beans!  Let's make a rule.  Minimum requirement is 3 plants per container to make a community.

Got to the butterfly garden and they were watering.  We didn't see that many butterflies but it was nice to be out.  My granddaughter is taller than I am and the boy is not far behind.  I could tell from some of their questions and comments their dad hasn't explained who I am or how he came to be my kid.  Guess it don't really matter but I almost slipped up.

I accept your new rule!

Sounds like a nice time, even with few butterflies. Im glad! That would be a difficult spot to find yourself in though. Maybe he told them something but they dont buy it? Does it bother you that he hasnt explained it? I could see how it might.

The test pod I harvested that were ready to go ended up on the floor of a store when I went to take out my wallet. Seemed fitting for this season :lol:

Doesn't bother me but I don't want to slip or lie and be the one who has to explain it to the kids.  I can but I think he should start that conversation and not me.  On the other hand, kids don't really care about that shit. :lol:  They go with the people who love them and they will take as many adults in those roles as they can get.

What test pods?  You know a cat could have managed that trick. :lol:

Waiting for Susan to get out of surgery.  I'm also scheduled to pick up trash along the road on Thursday.  Suppose to rain and be hot so I'm hoping that cancels.

3 minutes ago, cineater said:

Doesn't bother me but I don't want to slip or lie and be the one who has to explain it to the kids.  I can but I think he should start that conversation and not me.  On the other hand, kids don't really care about that shit. :lol:  They go with the people who love them and they will take as many adults in those roles as they can get.

What test pods?  You know a cat could have managed that trick. :lol:

Waiting for Susan to get out of surgery.  I'm also scheduled to pick up trash along the road on Thursday.  Suppose to rain and be hot so I'm hoping that cancels.

I can’t believe they’re so big already! One taller than you! It’s true, why you say. They know you’re family and that’s that.

the bean pod I took off to open up and see if the beans were ready. I threw it in my pocket and carried on to do some errands. So the only black beans I’ve harvested so far went to waste! Lol

Im sorry - Susan’s surgery being today slipped my mind. There’s so much going on for you - I don’t know how you keep up! I hope it goes well. And your on duty to drive her dad home too?

Yeah, I hope you can get some time to catch a breathe!

I got the Rolling Stone collector edition on Jerry Garcia.  You think Axl called himself Uncle Axl because of the Dead's Uncle John's Band song?  He did say a long time ago that even deadheads were welcome at GNR concerts.  Has he been listening to the Dead all these years?  I'd ask but I'm afraid of the answer.  He did go off on somebody about being a heroin user.  Might have been talking about Jerry.  I could see Axl studying his music.  Complicated guy when it comes to that.  Has to give him that measure.  

29 minutes ago, cineater said:

He went home yesterday.  My brother's surgery is scheduled for Monday.  Compared to a plant sale on my driveway and two bathroom remodels, I'm bored. :lol:

Yeah a cat never would have dropped the bean pod.  Don't tell Beaker. :lol:

Haha, yeah compared to that life is slow now :lol: Are they going ahead with a stint for your brother?

I think he must know, he's been a brat today :lol:

15 minutes ago, cineater said:

I got the Rolling Stone collector edition on Jerry Garcia.  You think Axl called himself Uncle Axl because of the Dead's Uncle John's Band song?  He did say a long time ago that even deadheads were welcome at GNR concerts.  Has he been listening to the Dead all these years?  I'd ask but I'm afraid of the answer.  He did go off on somebody about being a heroin user.  Might have been talking about Jerry.  I could see Axl studying his music.  Complicated guy when it comes to that.  Has to give him that measure.  

Oh cool! I might get that too.

"even deadheads" well... thats nice... I guess? :lol:

Axl would put Lesh on a contract requiring him to not wear sweat pants on stage :lol:

But nah, Im sure he has studied them - musically and business wise. Yeah, I could see Jerrys addiction issues really pissing Axl off. The idea of a legend wasting their talents used to really piss him off about Slash working with pop stars. I could see Uncle Johns Band really appealing to Axl. Who knows?!

1 hour ago, cineater said:

Yeah, they are doing the stint.  Susan said she was okay just tired.

Looks like I need to water my inground plants.  First time I've done that all year.

Glad to hear about Susan. All the best to your brother for his surgery.

I still havent needed to water! Incredible!

Texted Sandy to see if she was coming tomorrow to fix my garage door.  She could come then and evenings are cooler.  Not at 9:30 but it was when we finished at 2.  It started with I didn't have dinner and she had a muscle relaxer and beer. :lol:  It's fixed.  Mike and Sandy are still standing, barely.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, cineater said:

Texted Sandy to see if she was coming tomorrow to fix my garage door.  She could come then and evenings are cooler.  Not at 9:30 but it was when we finished at 2.  It started with I didn't have dinner and she had a muscle relaxer and beer. :lol:  It's fixed.  Mike and Sandy are still standing, barely.

Y'all are party animals! :lol: Muscle relaxant and beer is quite the cocktail! I guess she would have been ahead of the game if the door had collapsed on her lol

Glad thats sorted. Last thing you need these days.

No surgeries today, right!? What will you do with yourself?? lol

Is Susan recovering at her parents?

Planning to harvest some beans today!