Gardening

Gracii Guns

12 hours ago, cineater said:

I was going to say I didn't think they liked that.  My cuttings are hanging in there.

We've pushed Joe into being our next president.  I'm trying to be tolerant but he's making me crazy with wanting to explore everything.  Come at me with ideas of how we can do this shit not what someone else is doing and wanting me to replicate it.

Never heard of The Loser.  They play cards mostly to entertain Dizzy and something to do while they wait.  Axl's probably coming back empty handed.  He's looking for a bandit of sorts or so he suspects.  No chapter title coming to mind yet.

Mapping my beds is fun.  The perennials are easy.  The annuals that reseed run wild.  Fortunately I took pictures so I can tell what color things like gladiolus are.  I have to look up the scientific names for everybody.  The ones I have for Jan are ready to go but I'm missing one plant and Mary hasn't answered me back.

Marsha hasn't returned any texts or emails today.

How are youre cuttings looking this morning?

Joe will figure out your value soon, Im sure!

I just meant "Loser" the Grateful Dead track about a card gambler. Roberta says she and Tori used to play cards under the stage until songs they sang on started - theyd run out. I bet Dizzy is a card guy for sure.

Sounds like you did some solid mapping :headbang: My old seed supplier made that a frustrating process - to map the garden only for unplanned plants to spring up from the meticulously selected seeds :lol:

I hope Marshas okay?

Class day!

EDIT: Oh, and the snow stayed. Often the first few melt right away. Not this year. The ground and trees are lined with snow, its below freezing and theres more snow on the way today. Winter arrived even faster than fall!

Edited by soon

48 minutes ago, soon said:

How are youre cuttings looking this morning?

Joe will figure out your value soon, Im sure!

I just meant "Loser" the Grateful Dead track about a card gambler. Roberta says she and Tori used to play cards under the stage until songs they sang on started - theyd run out. I bet Dizzy is a card guy for sure.

Sounds like you did some solid mapping :headbang: My old seed supplier made that a frustrating process - to map the garden only for unplanned plants to spring up from the meticulously selected seeds :lol:

I hope Marshas okay?

Class day!

EDIT: Oh, and the snow stayed. Often the first few melt right away. Not this year. The ground and trees are lined with snow, its below freezing and theres more snow on the way today. Winter arrived even faster than fall!

I think the cuttings are getting new leaves.  The stems feel like they got roots.

No word from Marsha.  She might have ran that relative to the Mayo clinic.  I wish Joe would leave me out of it. :lol:  Probably he does see me of value.  People keep talking to me about expanding our organization.  I'm retired!  It's starting to feel like I'm being sucked into a job.  I rather enjoy just puttering around.  

One map to go.  The bed behind the greenhouse.  I have little notes like groundhog hole, solid clay and type of sun.  I'm having fun with it.

We are cloud covered with heavy rain coming in tonight.  I'm working on stuff for my amazon Christmas list.  Picked out a new table for the patio and mud shoes to work in the garden.  What I want is a pair of jeans that don't stretch out when I wear them!

I have class in mind.

1 hour ago, cineater said:

I think the cuttings are getting new leaves.  The stems feel like they got roots.

No word from Marsha.  She might have ran that relative to the Mayo clinic.  I wish Joe would leave me out of it. :lol:  Probably he does see me of value.  People keep talking to me about expanding our organization.  I'm retired!  It's starting to feel like I'm being sucked into a job.  I rather enjoy just puttering around.  

One map to go.  The bed behind the greenhouse.  I have little notes like groundhog hole, solid clay and type of sun.  I'm having fun with it.

We are cloud covered with heavy rain coming in tonight.  I'm working on stuff for my amazon Christmas list.  Picked out a new table for the patio and mud shoes to work in the garden.  What I want is a pair of jeans that don't stretch out when I wear them!

I have class in mind.

Yay cuttings! I dint think youd fail like me :lol:

Sorry, I cant bring to mind about Marshas relative needing the Mayo clinic? I wish you could tell Jie what he should tell everyone else to do as you enjoy your puttering and self guided projects.

Mapping can be so fun, eh?! Like we can picture in our minds eye what next years beds will be. Oh to dream!

I still dont know what you did to that one pair of jeans! :lol: I keep adding stuff to my amazon. And no ones asking, lol. Full of bush crafting gear and was to preserve homemade goodies. Makes it look like I intend to bake up a storm before moving to the bush. To allow me the luxuries of home in my mountain hideaway :lol:

There's something not very bushy about getting your gear off Amazon. :lol:

I forget why the Iowa relative goes there.  She could go to Kansas City and it would be closer.

Mapping is done until spring.  I have a lot of bulbs I could put on there.  

I forgot.  You were suppose to meet new people this year or have new people come into your life.  I know you got the bad neighbors but how many new good ones did you get?

• Haha 1

There's something not very bushy about getting your gear off Amazon. :lol:

I forget why the Iowa relative goes there.  She could go to Kansas City and it would be closer.

Mapping is done until spring.  I have a lot of bulbs I could put on there.  

I forgot.  You were suppose to meet new people this year or have new people come into your life.  I know you got the bad neighbors but how many new good ones did you get?

Yeah, ha, fair enough! :lol:

Well Im really excited with my new friend. Shes busy with school and a husband. Last connected on Thanksgiving. So while I would be up for connecting even more, looks like this is how that friendship will settle into a groove. She brought me shoes too! Shes cool. New friendships are so delicate that Im mostly just focoused on that one right now.

But, Im starting to get a funner and friendlier vibe with my new grocery volunteer too.

Im also becoming a lot closer with a neighbour in the building during the pandemic. We mostly connect about 'stuff' but hes cool and we have some laughs. He and I share politics in common, too. Hes to me what you are to Marsha. Hes more calm and collected. I need to rant a bit sometimes. And then he regrounds me.

The garden boss was still offering friendship, but Ive concluded shes rather classist... so maybe we should just make out sometimes and leave it at that? :lol: Im not even joking though. :lol:

And then another neighbour who I mentioned before to you - the prof that asked if i wanted to connect on TikTok - I ran into her recently and was happy to be reconnecting. Like really happy, actually. And then I remembered that I cant stand her husband. Like he is insufferable. Actually she made a joking reference to knowing how much I dislike him, even though I'd never shared that fact. :lol:. They are polyamorous and she is stacked... oh what might have been. I just like a simple life though. I think I've had my fill of the anarchistas.

Then theres not one, but two, anglican priests who always wanna hang. But Im afraid of becoming an alcoholic if I try to keep up with them! But the real reason that Im hesitant is that the dude has a poster of himself playing lead guitar on the wall in his office - like hes posed like Jimmy Page and its a large, glossy poster that he himself had made... I just cant hang with that. Sorry. And the chick has blue hair. Im just 'meh.'

Im sure more new people would have come into my life had I been able to launch my business. Plus Im already aqquainted with all the organic farmers and herbalists locally, so Im sure those relationships would have blossomed too.

So this is the really really long way of saying "Just that one new friend" :lol:

16 minutes ago, cineater said:

Lots of new people and colorful too.  You did good this year.

I've been a total bum all day.  Let's go learn something.

I forgot about the 15 minute logins :lol: I should be there in a minute!

Im in! In addition to it making me sign in 50 times, I also failed to prove Im not a robot 3 times :facepalm::lol:

You know, Ive been told that Im a fungi :awesomeface:

Edited by soon

57 minutes ago, soon said:

I forgot about the 15 minute logins :lol: I should be there in a minute!

Im in! In addition to it making me sign in 50 times, I also failed to prove Im not a robot 3 times :facepalm::lol:

You know, Ive been told that Im a fungi :awesomeface:

We were in way over our heads. :lol:

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, cineater said:

We were in way over our heads. :lol:

Hahaha, I know!! Lol

When she mentioned black eyed Susan’s I got all excited like “yep, I know that word from Cin!” :lol:

Was so neat to learn that some of the native species basically couldn’t thrive without that specific bacteria. I never knew that soil requirements could be so specific. And also related to digestion more than available nutrients. Cool!

I already forget the sediment in your gales. I wanna say calciuminum :lol: 

1 hour ago, soon said:

Hahaha, I know!! Lol

When she mentioned black eyed Susan’s I got all excited like “yep, I know that word from Cin!” :lol:

Was so neat to learn that some of the native species basically couldn’t thrive without that specific bacteria. I never knew that soil requirements could be so specific. And also related to digestion more than available nutrients. Cool!

I already forget the sediment in your gales. I wanna say calciuminum :lol: 

I always freak out that they don't know what goes on in that soil and with the roots.  So, how can they know what they are adding to the soil isn't doing damage?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, cineater said:

I always freak out that they don't know what goes on in that soil and with the roots.  So, how can they know what they are adding to the soil isn't doing damage?

Yeah, I guess they wouldnt know for a while in many cases.

I just think its cool that there is so much working being done to preserve and restore your prairies!

Beet microgreens are germinating!

You have lots of stuff growing.  I'm jealous.  I want to start stuff but I have to leave openings for the plant sale crops.

Everybody is coming around.  That one weird colored cat with tabby face and siamese body came by today.  Little Boy had his face in the door and was licking his lips.  He let me pet him again when I passed out his food.  Little George Jr was out there finishing off what was left.  I must say he's looking rather dapper. :lol:  I'll have to catch a picture.  "Dapper" suits him well with his hair all slicked back.  We'll see if the racoon comes back.  He keeps flipping the water dish.

11 hours ago, cineater said:

You have lots of stuff growing.  I'm jealous.  I want to start stuff but I have to leave openings for the plant sale crops.

Everybody is coming around.  That one weird colored cat with tabby face and siamese body came by today.  Little Boy had his face in the door and was licking his lips.  He let me pet him again when I passed out his food.  Little George Jr was out there finishing off what was left.  I must say he's looking rather dapper. :lol:  I'll have to catch a picture.  "Dapper" suits him well with his hair all slicked back.  We'll see if the racoon comes back.  He keeps flipping the water dish.

The beets and dill are the only thing dong any growing so far! But lovage and nettle can take weeks to germinate. I think the sage and chives might need fresh seeds. Yeah you get so much going there for the plant sale! I definitely need more lights too.

That tabby/siamese sounds like a deadhead. Aww, Little Boy. I love his lip licking. Hes a smart communicator. Id love to see a pic of dapper Little George jr!! Too cool that youve built his animal community.

Beakers having one o his mornings where he calls me to watch him jump up on the grow room table, where he curls up and wags his tail with joy. But Im not allowed to pet him. Im to stand near him and do nothing. If I pet him I get bitten, immediately followed by a 'please don't go?' look. I leave. A minute later hes meowing for me. Repeat. We are on round 6 :lol:

I cleaned my sink with baking soda and vinegar. That brown sludge was f'n nasty!

• Haha 1

Crazy kitty.  More interesting then the TV.  I've let the girls out in the garage to check out the potheads and the HVAC.  They think it's interesting. :lol:  That one cat is really weird looking.  I have not been able to get a picture of him.

I have to get off my ass today.  I slept off and on yesterday and slept 10 hours last night.  Probably fighting off something.

Caleb and I are suppose to go shopping for his saw tonight.  Doesn't bother him if we get it and he can't have it until Christmas.  He's no fun that way.  I almost feel bad he has to carry his own gift. It looks heavy to me. :lol:

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, cineater said:

Crazy kitty.  More interesting then the TV.  I've let the girls out in the garage to check out the potheads and the HVAC.  They think it's interesting. :lol:  That one cat is really weird looking.  I have not been able to get a picture of him.

I have to get off my ass today.  I slept off and on yesterday and slept 10 hours last night.  Probably fighting off something.

Caleb and I are suppose to go shopping for his saw tonight.  Doesn't bother him if we get it and he can't have it until Christmas.  He's no fun that way.  I almost feel bad he has to carry his own gift. It looks heavy to me. :lol:

Also I cut the neck strap off of a pair of binoculars so he loved the slicign sound and is now obsessed with having me swing the strap fro him to chase. Currently he sounds like R2D2 getting ejected from a space ship! He needs me to do this for him, he needs it :lol:

Im glad youve been taking some rest though. Hope you stay well.

That sounds like fun for you and Caleb! I wouldnt be able to wait if I were him :lol:

2 hours ago, soon said:

Also I cut the neck strap off of a pair of binoculars so he loved the slicign sound and is now obsessed with having me swing the strap fro him to chase. Currently he sounds like R2D2 getting ejected from a space ship! He needs me to do this for him, he needs it :lol:

Im glad youve been taking some rest though. Hope you stay well.

That sounds like fun for you and Caleb! I wouldnt be able to wait if I were him :lol:

I know why he can wait.  The first project for that saw is probably replacing all the baseboards in my house.  I have the builders pack for those on my Christmas list.  And I pitched in on his planter project as an advanced payment on his labor for this.

My cats are a little more playful too.  They've been stuck in the house with the cold and rain.  Simone is tearing the hell out of her scratching post.  

I'm restless, too much rest and I need to get doing something.  Looks like chocolate chips cookies won out. 

Edited by cineater

3 hours ago, cineater said:

I know why he can wait.  The first project for that saw is probably replacing all the baseboards in my house.  I have the builders pack for those on my Christmas list.  And I pitched in on his planter project as an advanced payment on his labor for this.

My cats are a little more playful too.  They've been stuck in the house with the cold and rain.  Simone is tearing the hell out of her scratching post.  

I'm restless, too much rest and I need to get doing something.  Looks like chocolate chips cookies won out. 

(I thought Id been waiting on your response!)

That sounds like a great deal for Caleb!

Rock out Simone! Beaker must have managed to switch the t5s off! back on now.

You made some choc chip cookies?? That is a wonderful use of ones time. Im thinking of making my next batch to the recipe from my childhood. Also my current celebrity crush is a cookie maker :lol: I am what i am :shrugs::lol: Michelle Raban. I showed you that canadian chef, Matty Matheson - who wore the Grateful Dead swag, right? Michelle is his on-screen food stylist from his one show Just A Dash. And then when I found out that she makes these amazing pot cookies, Mom Jeans, I fully gave in to her sexiness. :lol:

You're mixing cookies with sex.  :lol:  Probably should have made oatmeal raisin.  That's a healthier cookie in my mind.  Haven't tried the chocolate chip because you know it was the dough I was after. :lol:

I wish all these other expenses hadn't shown up.  I wanted to help the kids get a fence up.  Thought I would say that was their wedding gift early.  I may have to fall back on I paid for the wedding as my big gift and get them something little.

• Haha 1

You're mixing cookies with sex.  :lol:  Probably should have made oatmeal raisin.  That's a healthier cookie in my mind.  Haven't tried the chocolate chip because you know it was the dough I was after. :lol:

I wish all these other expenses hadn't shown up.  I wanted to help the kids get a fence up.  Thought I would say that was their wedding gift early.  I may have to fall back on I paid for the wedding as my big gift and get them something little.

Haha - technically she is the one mixing cookies and sexiness :lol:

Your a raw dough fan, nice. I like that flavour of ice cream!

Aww, Cin. I know youd give this world to them if you could. And paying for the wedding is HUGE!!! :headbang: Dont sneeze at that.

Edit: My worm farm is moving!!!

Edited by soon

55 minutes ago, soon said:

Haha - technically she is the one mixing cookies and sexiness :lol:

Your a raw dough fan, nice. I like that flavour of ice cream!

Aww, Cin. I know youd give this world to them if you could. And paying for the wedding is HUGE!!! :headbang: Dont sneeze at that.

Edit: My worm farm is moving!!!

You think the worms are wondering what the fuck is going on?  Must be like an earthquake that won't end for them.  :lol:

I agree with my mother.  It's more fun to give it to them now then pass it on when you're dead.  It will be okay.  I only have one major expense, a roof, for the house and that can wait a bit.  I got lucky finding Craig.  His prices are way better then using named companies.  It's good to get all this stuff out of the way.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, cineater said:

You think the worms are wondering what the fuck is going on?  Must be like an earthquake that won't end for them.  :lol:

I agree with my mother.  It's more fun to give it to them now then pass it on when you're dead.  It will be okay.  I only have one major expense, a roof, for the house and that can wait a bit.  I got lucky finding Craig.  His prices are way better then using named companies.  It's good to get all this stuff out of the way.

I hope that never happens to worms! :lol: This doesn't ship with worms in it thankfully. I'll get those locally.

Craig can do it all, eh? That's awesome!

I ordered this worm farm soooo long ago that I almost forget how to worm farm now :lol:

43 minutes ago, soon said:

I hope that never happens to worms! :lol: This doesn't ship with worms in it thankfully. I'll get those locally.

Craig can do it all, eh? That's awesome!

I ordered this worm farm soooo long ago that I almost forget how to worm farm now :lol:

Oh well hell, you could have built your own worm farm.  I thought you were ordering worms too.

Craig is your jack of all trades.  And he worked in several of them before going out on his own.  I have a feeling he's into get rich schemes though is why he keeps moving around.  But he keeps the bills paid so who's to say.

Caleb had to work tonight on a side project so no shopping for Christmas.  Sun comes out tomorrow.  I have a feeling it's time I leave the house.

Oh well hell, you could have built your own worm farm.  I thought you were ordering worms too.

Craig is your jack of all trades.  And he worked in several of them before going out on his own.  I have a feeling he's into get rich schemes though is why he keeps moving around.  But he keeps the bills paid so who's to say.

Caleb had to work tonight on a side project so no shopping for Christmas.  Sun comes out tomorrow.  I have a feeling it's time I leave the house.

Youre right, when I buy worms locally they will be delivered. So they will get an earthquake as they drive :lol:

I mean, as hobbies go, getting rich quick sounds like a good one. But its easy to go too far, Im sure. Im taking the 'get rich slowly' scheme instead, just to be safe. :lol:

Im thinking about trying those more advanced techniques with the microgreens, where there is no soil placed on top of the seeds.

2 hours ago, soon said:

Youre right, when I buy worms locally they will be delivered. So they will get an earthquake as they drive :lol:

I mean, as hobbies go, getting rich quick sounds like a good one. But its easy to go too far, Im sure. Im taking the 'get rich slowly' scheme instead, just to be safe. :lol:

Im thinking about trying those more advanced techniques with the microgreens, where there is no soil placed on top of the seeds.

I'm shooting for the simple life.

Marsha checked in.  She's been in a bad mood and needed a break.  She called about setting up our finances.  I don't give a shit about that.  Work that out with Joe and the other folks, leave me out of it.  Her cat, Coyote, is sick.

Weather is looking good next week.  I have some bulbs to get in the ground.  The leaves should dry out and I'll get them mulched up.

8 hours ago, cineater said:

I'm shooting for the simple life.

Marsha checked in.  She's been in a bad mood and needed a break.  She called about setting up our finances.  I don't give a shit about that.  Work that out with Joe and the other folks, leave me out of it.  Her cat, Coyote, is sick.

Weather is looking good next week.  I have some bulbs to get in the ground.  The leaves should dry out and I'll get them mulched up.

Id like a simple life too. Its amazing how complicated it can be to achieve this sometimes! :lol: 'Having a hard time, living the good life'

Good to hear from Marsha. Poor Coyote.

Once the leaves are dried and mulched do you find many bugs in it? Im thinking about collecting a lawn bag to mix into my worm farm.

We get a show tonight!! Shakedown Scream :dance: