Rumor of a new album???

27 minutes ago, Lio said:

Thanks, I didn't know about the collaborations.

I only left LIES out because he did :lol: Well, I was just repeating what he advertised, or his booking agent or whatever advertised.

hahah funny story for you.. I actually met Steven a couple times. One of the times I played the songs  from Live Era that he played on for him because he didn't even know he was on the album lol.. He thought it was all Matt. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

And yet he doesn't get any credit for that from most people. He's the original and best GNR drummer and he did the majority of the drumming.

There's no real clarity on how much of Steven's contributions made it into Illusions aside from Civil War. Maybe Sorum's book will clear it up definitively. Sorum has said in the past that he barely had any time to learn the material, let alone add much creative input prior to recording. 

They were demoing most of the Illusion stuff between 89-90 with the bulk of that material already written during the AFD/pre-AFD era. But Alan Niven and Slash both say that Steven could barely play any of the Illusion material, especially Axl's stuff.