Rumor of a new album???

Fortus is NOT just a rythm guitar player. The guy is a guitar beast. He is way too good to play just rythm guitar in AC/DC.

He is just too good. Maybe it would be a job for Gilby because Gilby is a limited guitar player. But Fortus? come on... the guy plays like a guitar hero.

Lead & Rythm guitar, riffs, solos... he can play everything with perfection. He will definitely be everywhere on the next Guns N' Roses record. 

Edited by Sunset Boulevard
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'll repeat this shit once again.

- You won't get new songs if Guns N' Roses releases a new album.

- You will get Chinese Democracy II with Slash over it. Songs that are 20-15 years old, with MAYBE 2-3 new songs.

- You will get an album which will have vocals from 20-15 years ago.

- You will get an album which will have lyrics about how the media hates Axl, how everyone hates Axl, how evil Slash is, how evil Stephanie is.

- You will NOT get an album with lyrics expressing Axl's life in the last 2-3 years, the happiest he's been since the Illusions.

I don't want that if you ask me. I want brand new songs, with Axl's 2016-2017 voice, with Axl's 2016-2017 lyrics. I wan't an AXL/DC album...

1 hour ago, GNRfanMILO said:

- You will get an album which will have lyrics about how the media hates Axl, how everyone hates Axl, how evil Slash is, how evil Stephanie is.

- You will NOT get an album with lyrics expressing Axl's life in the last 2-3 years, the happiest he's been since the Illusions.

He said this though (China exchange):

Audience: [...] One question I have is for the future. Is there any subject you haven't touched on in your lyrics and in your music that you would like to express yourself toward, be it emotional or justice or something of the sort?

Axl: I haven't really given that any thought. I mean, I think that it is all kind of like right in the back of your head about how you're gonna attack the next songs and stuff, so part of me feels like I'm happy I didn't write things a year ago to something because… I feel like when I go at it now I will be stronger.

8 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

He said this though (China exchange):

Audience: [...] One question I have is for the future. Is there any subject you haven't touched on in your lyrics and in your music that you would like to express yourself toward, be it emotional or justice or something of the sort?

Axl: I haven't really given that any thought. I mean, I think that it is all kind of like right in the back of your head about how you're gonna attack the next songs and stuff, so part of me feels like I'm happy I didn't write things a year ago to something because… I feel like when I go at it now I will be stronger.

He may write something new too, of course. But it definitely won't be a whole album... He will use the CD2 leftovers, that is clear as day. He even said at that same interview that he showed Slash and Duff some songs. I mean, that's what I'm talking about. You may won't it, but I don't want to hear songs written by Buckethead and Chris Pitman with 1999 Axl voice on it. I want brand new music... And also, it's Axl we are talking. He may say whatever he want's in the press, but at the end of the day he is lazy as fuck. He actually cares with AC/DC because it's not his band and because he has a fanbase to please. With GN'R, he is the boss. It's obvious that, if we get a new album, we will get 5 new songs max. He is not going to throw away the Chinese leftovers.

But, in the other hand, those lyrics (outdated, yes) would be far more interesting than AC/DC songs which will likely be written by Angus. I don't know, I would prefer to get both albums but definitely AC/DC first. I believe that's what will happen. AC/DC after the NITL ends (starting to record in Sep-Oct 2018), and Slash goes back to SMKC.

Something WILL happen. That's for sure. There are too many rumours floating around, both GN'R and AC/DC but also SMKC. Exciting, for sure :) 

1 hour ago, IncitingChaos said:

Might be crazy but imagine this scenario...

Axl releases a GNR album and ACDC album at the same time. 

GNR and ACDC tour together to show off the new material with an all star set in between with Slash and Angus and Axl and the rest playing a few of their favorite songs. Axl and Duff perform on both sets to fill in the gaps. 

Pros: you can do this tour without relying on old material. A few classics in both sets but nothing big. Each set is an hour and a half that focuses heavily on new material. The two names together sell out stadiums across the globe and Axl does the impossible! 

Might be one of the coolest ideas I’ve ever come up with 

takemymoney.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GNRfanMILO said:

I'll repeat this shit once again.

- You won't get new songs if Guns N' Roses releases a new album.

- You will get Chinese Democracy II with Slash over it. Songs that are 20-15 years old, with MAYBE 2-3 new songs.

- You will get an album which will have vocals from 20-15 years ago.

I don't want that if you ask me. I want brand new songs, with Axl's 2016-2017 voice, with Axl's 2016-2017 lyrics. I wan't an AXL/DC album...

Man, meu amigo da Argentina. I never heard any of this songs, for me, they're all new. I get what you saying, but i want to listen EVERYTHING that Axl's have on the vault.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Guitto said:

Man, meu amigo da Argentina. I never heard any of this songs, for me, they're all new. I get what you saying, but i want to listen EVERYTHING that Axl's have on the vault.

Hey man :D I get what you’re saying. I really want to hear them too. But I think it’s a waste of time that the ‘reunion album’ is basically CD2 with make-up. Wouldn’t you prefer songs written by Duff, written by Slash? Hell, they could even get Izzy for some writing too. It’s a waste of time that the reunion album is 70% written by musicians that left the band 5-10-15 years ago... And the most important of all, it’s that we would be getting a ‘reunion album’ with outdated vocals. I want current Axl on it.

11 minutes ago, Guitto said:

takemymoney.jpg

I think that tour would bring about a ton of good feelings. You open the door to have special guest from both bands join in on a song or two, you could have Brian come on stage to do one or two songs depending on how he’s feeling, you could have Sorum, Adler, Rudd, Cliff...I think it would open the door for Angus to make peace with his fans, Axl to makeup for years of material neglect. And who wouldn’t want to go see that concert. 

Would it be a lot for Axl? Of course, but I think he would enjoy the challenge and hopefully put his best foot forward. The show wouldn’t have to be longer than any of the gnr shows this last year. 

Could be a special combo 

19 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

I think that tour would bring about a ton of good feelings. You open the door to have special guest from both bands join in on a song or two, you could have Brian come on stage to do one or two songs depending on how he’s feeling, you could have Sorum, Adler, Rudd, Cliff...I think it would open the door for Angus to make peace with his fans, Axl to makeup for years of material neglect. And who wouldn’t want to go see that concert. 

Would it be a lot for Axl? Of course, but I think he would enjoy the challenge and hopefully put his best foot forward. The show wouldn’t have to be longer than any of the gnr shows this last year. 

Could be a special combo 

@IncitingChaosyou feel good??😆

47 minutes ago, GNRfanMILO said:

Hey man :D I get what you’re saying. I really want to hear them too. But I think it’s a waste of time that the ‘reunion album’ is basically CD2 with make-up. Wouldn’t you prefer songs written by Duff, written by Slash? Hell, they could even get Izzy for some writing too. It’s a waste of time that the reunion album is 70% written by musicians that left the band 5-10-15 years ago... And the most important of all, it’s that we would be getting a ‘reunion album’ with outdated vocals. I want current Axl on it.

I got you. Yeah, would be nice if that happens(truly new songs with duff, slash and even izzy) and i think it will sometime happen, but not now. I know: Time is not on their side, but it takes a little more time. For now, CD II would be a great thing(Remember: A X L). So, i would like to listen a CD II and III, and then, get truly new songs with big 3.

44 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

Could be a special combo 

It would be GREAT, so great that wouldn't happen. Never. :P

On 2/5/2018 at 4:56 PM, Gibson_Guy87 said:

Fine with me. Gives me more music to relate to

Agreed. 

On 2/5/2018 at 4:42 PM, GNRfanMILO said:

Just out of curiosity, do you seriously think that if we get a new GN'R album it will be fresh material? Do you really think that Axl is going to write lyrics and RECORD for Guns N' Roses? Lol.

IF we get a new Guns N' Roses album, it will be the Chinese leftovers aka more lyrics full of depresion and anger. I do not wan't to hear Axl again bitching about Slash and Stephanie and 'the fans'. It was nice at the time Chinese was done. But we know that since Slash and Duff came back, Axl is a new man. He is happy. Do you really wan't the REUNION album to have the lyrics Chinese Democracy had? I'm not trying to bash CD, I love that album. But I think that we don't need that now. Also, I don't want the reunion album to have 1999 - 2006 Axl on it. As you may know, Chinese Democracy II is already recorded.

IF we get an AC/DC album, atleast we know that it will feature brand new recordings from Axl. Angus writes the lyrics, Axl records them. It's clear as water that an Axl/DC album is FAR more interesting than a half-assed reunion album. What do you prefer, 10-15 brand new songs with Axl on vocals, or 6-8 1999-2006 songs with Mickey and Slash all over it?

Oh, and let's not forget the fact that Axl KICKED ASS with AC/DC. He got that 2010 rasp back, something he didn't do for GN'R... ;) 

Anything that's worked on then released is new....It's mind boggling how many people complain as if they know exactly what riffs and songs were worked on, and what changes may have been made

SHUT UP

Just revisited this interview that Mitch Lafon did, Myles said he'll release his solo album only if there's a window after The Last Hero Tour. "Year of The Tiger" will be relased on March 9th, so if Slash is working on something, it's not SMKC. 

BTW. I'd kill to hear those two songs they  wrote/jammed with Led Zeppelin ten years ago...

Edited by Ralphelmo

3 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

Might be crazy but imagine this scenario...

Axl releases a GNR album and ACDC album at the same time. 

GNR and ACDC tour together to show off the new material with an all star set in between with Slash and Angus and Axl and the rest playing a few of their favorite songs. Axl and Duff perform on both sets to fill in the gaps. 

Pros: you can do this tour without relying on old material. A few classics in both sets but nothing big. Each set is an hour and a half that focuses heavily on new material. The two names together sell out stadiums across the globe and Axl does the impossible! 

Might be one of the coolest ideas I’ve ever come up with 

So glad to see someone else thinking this way. I've been fantasizing about this tour setup for about a year. If it happens omg...

7 hours ago, tremolo said:

There’s no way Angus can play at Fortus’ level.

Richard has been great in GNR, there’s no reason to dislike the guy.

i dont dislike him and youre right, hes probably better than angus, but it doesnt take a genius to play the parts richard is playing... imo he gets more credit than he deserves but i dont wanna see him go unless we get izzy... i just figured if axl insists on playing with angus thats the way id like to see it done. boot richard cuz 3 guitars is too much

1 hour ago, Ralphelmo said:

Just revisited this interview that Mitch Lafon did, Myles said he'll release his solo album only if there's a window after The Last Hero Tour. "Year of The Tiger" will be relased on March 9th, so if Slash is working on something, it's not SMKC. 

BTW. I'd kill to hear those two songs they  wrote/jammed with Led Zeppelin ten years ago...

Why can't there be SMKC?

Myles is touring South Africa, Europe and the US between March and May. He could use June and July (when Slash is busy) to go to Oz, Asia and South America if he wants to tour pretty much the whole world and then both he and Slash would be free the last five months of the year.

Also, Mark is recording the fourth Tremonti album right now so it wouldn't be shocking to see him touring with it until a few months into 2019 which would give SMKC even more time before AB get back together to work on their next record.

Other possbility is Slash, Todd, Brent and Frankie finishing the music for SMKC III between now and June and then Myles hitting the studio to record the vocals while Slash is touring Europe with GNR.

These guys (Slash, Myles, Mark...) are some of the hardest working and most prolific musicians in the world so I would never rule out the chance of them working on something.

• Like 1

These AC/DC rumour are old news this has been going since the middle of last year. Its doesn't mean gnr aren't doing anything. Beta and Flebeis would pushing for a gnr album nothing in it for them Axl joining Angus

call me crazy, but from what i read in Arlett's interview (podcast) and now this AC/DC news, I read in between the lines we may get UYI line up with Izzy after all..

1) she heard from Slash about Izzy doing fine and being happy - a year ago Izzy was super bitter at all 3 and writing songs about them.

2) Izzy began being around Matt every time he shows up. Not just recently, but in the studio, his tweeter a year ago...

3) She says there is 'a lot in the works, that she can't talk about right now'. New album would be just 1 thing, another tour is nothing NEW after 3 years.

4) Despite her being critical of Matt, she says Stevie can't play, Slash/Duff/Izzy in one band can not leave Frank there.

Especially considering Izzy being around Matt, recording songs about other 3 with him...She says Matt complained about Slash, but truth be told VR went on for a while post that. Plus, that moneypenny guy posted a while on gnrtruth 'one of the 2 can't stand Frank'. Ax obviously, was ready to sack Frank for Stevie already...

5) the way I see this...Ax will tour with AC/DC while the rest are making reunion record, when he gets of AC/DC, they will tour new material. They always recorded w/o AX, why should that be different. He can lay down vox anytime between legs of AC/DC.

5 hours ago, GNRfanMILO said:

I'm gonna have to agree with you. Plus those songs are probably still in the "industrial rock filled with endless layers of digital instruments" era. I wanna hear a raw Appetite-ish/little-snakepit type of record with vocals from Axl the way he sang Big Shot with Billy Joel and throw a little high raspy notes from here and there. But then again... it's never gonna happen. :lol: