Appetite "Locked N Loaded" Party in LA tonight! with Pics!

13 hours ago, xfreekx said:

I walked up to the ladies at the door and told them i was on the list... gave them my name and waited for them to pour over the different lists. After looking for awhile they told me that they didn't see my name. I looked confused and told them the label should have done it and went on about how this "always happens." After a minute or so of this, they said "you know what...don't worry about it, here's a wristband." SCORE!

:rofl-lol:

1 hour ago, gnfnrs1972 said:

I guess illegal downloads don't hurt the business as much as they cry about if they can afford stupid crap like this. Congrats for getting in.

The filthy rich always complain they don't make even more money. 

But concerts are expensive as fuck these days, im pretty sure the lack of album sales is virtually irrelevant when show tickets are so much more expensive, they are probably making more money now on touring alone than touring+album sales in the past.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Rickodez said:

The filthy rich always complain they don't make even more money. 

But concerts are expensive as fuck these days, im pretty sure the lack of album sales is virtually irrelevant when show tickets are so much more expensive, they are probably making more money now on touring alone than touring+album sales in the past.

giphy.gif

Ticket sales are high exactly because albums don't sell anymore. I'm sure they'll only get higher as time goes by and streaming gets bigger. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, baje said:

Ticket sales are high exactly because albums don't sell anymore. I'm sure they'll only get higher as time goes by and streaming gets bigger. 

No, tickets are expensive cause they figured out that people will pay that amount of money to see their favorite bands 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, xfreekx said:

Oh man...i've snuck into soooo many shows over the years. Me and a couple of friends would do it to shows we didn't even like just to try. 

My first job was a pizza delivery guy. I used to show up to shows with a pizza bag and my uniform on...they would never even question it...they'd open the gate up right away. Haha. 

Awesome, lol.  Are you talking about high profile shows with the pizza delivery ruse?

18 hours ago, lame ass security said:

Awesome, lol.  Are you talking about high profile shows with the pizza delivery ruse?

For sure. Big Ampitheatre shows. The first show i ever did it for was Poison and Cinderella in like 2002 haha. Also did Green Day / Blink 182 / Jimmy Eat World around that time. I snuck into the Chinese Democracy era of GNR but that was just by rolling under a fence haha. 

4 hours ago, xfreekx said:

For sure. Big Ampitheatre shows. The first show i ever did it for was Poison and Cinderella in like 2002 haha. Also did Green Day / Blink 182 / Jimmy Eat World around that time. I snuck into the Chinese Democracy era of GNR but that was just by rolling under a fence haha. 

Wow, you're the man, lol. 

Edited by lame ass security
Spelling

On 5/5/2018 at 3:07 PM, GNRfan2008 said:

I doubt that. Probably Geffen/Universal. 

Then probably billed back to the band as a recoupable expense. In the end, the bands always pay for this stuff (promo, limo rides, theme party’s, etc) before royalty checks are made...

• Like 1