the eating stuff thread

wasted

Beef and cheddar fritters over spinach with gravy.

On October 27, 2018 at 11:54 AM, DieselDaisy said:

Home made salmon fish cakes, jacket potatoes and stir fry. Tomorrow it'll be Haggis and Mash.

Do you make your own haggis? It seems difficult?

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

No. I just buy one from Scotland. I live on the borders so it is easy to buy one.

I have the same meal tonight, of leftovers.

Nice. I'm envious, that stuff is delicious. Id love to try some right from Scotland! I have the same type of luxury living on the boarder with Quebec for their beer, cheese, poutine, smoked meats and tortiere's.

Just now, Len Cnut said:

How far are you from actual Scotland? 

40-50 mins in a car over the border. About a hour and twenty minutes on the train, Toon to Edinburgh. I used to live further north though so was even closer. Now I'm more South Northumberland, closer to Newcastle end. 

11 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

40-50 mins in a car over the border. About a hour and twenty minutes on the train, Toon to Edinburgh. I used to live further north though so was even closer. Now I'm more South Northumberland, closer to Newcastle end. 

Still a fair whiles then, not walking distance at any rate.  I'd love to live somewhere like that, close to a border, must be interesting in some ways.

On 22/10/2018 at 12:22 PM, wasted said:

I ate a tangerine and a rum liqueur. 

Ya great poof!

12 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I invented a new dish today, a sort of stir fry with feta cheese. 

What was it? Sounds interesting. 

I suppose I just invited one too: Berbere/Wat marinated beef tips over boiled red potatoes, steamed broccoli and cheddar. Would do again.

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

Still a fair whiles then, not walking distance at any rate.  I'd love to live somewhere like that, close to a border, must be interesting in some ways.

Ya great poof!

I used to live fifteen-twenty minutes (car ride) from the border. As I said, I'm more south Northumberland now, closer to Newcastle. Alnwick-Berwick way is where you want to be if you want to be really close to the border.

London is miles away. Four hours or some bollocks on the train. I could never walk after a London train.  

I know somebody (English) who has a season ticket for Scotland's Rugby team. Why? ''It is closer''.

5 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Ya great poof!

I was a very flambouyant pirate for 5 secs before I stuffed 4 cans of Stella and raw steak into my face. Maybe I’m trans, I love trans fat and sausage. I see no pattern here. 

On 31-10-2018 at 6:37 PM, Len Cnut said:

I'd love to live somewhere like that, close to a border, must be interesting in some ways.

I live a ten minute car drive from the Belgian border and a ten minute car drive from the German border. It definitely has some advantages... certain items are cheaper in Belgium and Germany than they are over here.

7 hours ago, EvanG said:

I live a ten minute car drive from the Belgian border and a ten minute car drive from the German border. It definitely has some advantages... certain items are cheaper in Belgium and Germany than they are over here.

Just came home from visiting Basel. Their airport is funny. I accidentally walked out the wrong exit and ended up in France. The taxi driver wouldn't take me to my hotel in Basel so I had to enter the airport again and find the exit that led me to Switzerland. 

On ‎31‎.‎10‎.‎2018 at 6:32 PM, DieselDaisy said:

Why does your mom move around so much? Is it when she is about to be found out at the hospital?

5 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Just came home from visiting Basel. Their airport is funny. I accidentally walked out the wrong exit and ended up in France. The taxi driver wouldn't take me to my hotel in Basel so I had to enter the airport again and find the exit that led me to Switzerland. 

Just remembered it's called EuroAirport Basel. 

2 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

The basement, the loft, you get the drift.

Nobody can really live in the loft unless you have had a loft conversion. Well I suppose you could but you'd have to step on the beams or you'd fall through the ceiling. 

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

I was in Basel earlier this year, but really only got to see the train station where I had to change trains to get to Zürich. Unfortunately I didn't have enough time to check out the town. You didn't happen to be there last week to watch Federer win his 99th tournament in his hometown, were you? Because that would have been awesome.