the eating stuff thread

wasted

1 hour ago, EvanG said:

I was in Basel earlier this year, but really only got to see the train station where I had to change trains to get to Zürich. Unfortunately I didn't have enough time to check out the town. You didn't happen to be there last week to watch Federer win his 99th tournament in his hometown, were you? Because that would have been awesome.

No, I was there for a couple of days early this week, business trip.

On 31/10/2018 at 5:41 PM, DieselDaisy said:

I used to live fifteen-twenty minutes (car ride) from the border. As I said, I'm more south Northumberland now, closer to Newcastle. Alnwick-Berwick way is where you want to be if you want to be really close to the border.

London is miles away. Four hours or some bollocks on the train. I could never walk after a London train.  

I know somebody (English) who has a season ticket for Scotland's Rugby team. Why? ''It is closer''.

I can drive into England in about half an hour. I rarely do though as I have to pay £5.80 toll to get back over the Severn bridge.

I griddled lamb chops and basically set the kitchen on fire.

The flames fron the pan set the extrator fan thing on fire but it went out. It looked cool for 20 seconds. Not sure what was on fire as it’s all metal. Lamb chops were crispy but alright with mint jelly. 

Because that I forgot about the prawn cocktail I made in fridge so I ate that as dessert with a gin and tonic.

Probably shoulda ordered pizza. 

I griddled lamb chops and basically set the kitchen on fire.

The flames fron the pan set the extrator fan thing on fire but it went out. It looked cool for 20 seconds. Not sure what was on fire as it’s all metal. Lamb chops were crispy but alright with mint jelly. 

Because of that I forgot about the prawn cocktail I made in fridge so I ate that as dessert with a gin and tonic.

Probably shoulda ordered pizza. 

34 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Craster Kippers and sauerkraut for breakfast. Northumberland meets Das Reich.

I was once hosting an older Englishmen. He was so reserved. He didnt even answer when I asked him what music he was listening to on his headphones. But then we went for a walk along the locks. And he opened right up. He wouldnt stop talking about working the locks in his childhood while his mom caught some Kippers. He continued talking the next day all about how she prepared the kippers. They must be tasty.

On 08/11/2018 at 10:44 PM, spunko12345 said:

I can drive into England in about half an hour. I rarely do though as I have to pay £5.80 toll to get back over the Severn bridge which is two weeks wages for the average Taff. 

:lol:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, soon said:

I was once hosting an older Englishmen. He was so reserved. He didnt even answer when I asked him what music he was listening to on his headphones. But then we went for a walk along the locks. And he opened right up. He wouldnt stop talking about working the locks in his childhood while his mom caught some Kippers. He continued talking the next day all about how she prepared the kippers. They must be tasty.

Kippers are the bacon of fish. 

5 hours ago, Dazey said:

:lol:

5 hours ago, Dazey said:
  On 08/11/2018 at 10:44 PM, spunko12345 said:

I can drive into England in about half an hour. I rarely do though as I have to pay £5.80 toll to get back over the Severn bridge which is two weeks wages for the average Taff. 

Wages? What the hell are wages?

4 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

That little silver coin they used to jam into your paw before yous all stripped off for the pithead baths :lol: 

😁 

Actually they used to really fuck them miners (steady on now). The pit owners would normally own all the terraced housed in the valley so the workers would all live in the houses owned by their bosses.

They would also run the local shop/pub etc so at the end of the weeks hard graft coughing the fucking coal dust off the lungs, once they'd had the rent, shop/bar tab deducted  there would be fuck all left anyway. They'd eat and have somewhere to live etc but talk about a fucking treadmill.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

😁 

Actually they used to really fuck them miners (steady on now). The pit owners would normally own all the terraced housed in the valley so the workers would all live in the houses owned by their bosses.

They would also run the local shop/pub etc so at the end of the weeks hard graft coughing the fucking coal dust off the lungs, once they'd had the rent, shop/bar tab deducted  there would be fuck all left anyway. They'd eat and have somewhere to live etc but talk about a fucking treadmill.

Fucking sickening really if you look into what really went on there, exploitation at its worst.