Slash and Chinese Democracy - what if?

Slash had said in an interview that Jimmy Iovine from Interscope had called his manager asking for a copy of Contraband before it was released, and Slash assumed it was because Axl wanted to hear it.

Axl never talked about Velvet Revolver in public. On the chats he opted not to answer:

Q: What are your views on Contraband and Libertad?
Axl: I’ll save this one. These are obviously highly charged areas and I’d rather take things one step at a time.

Marc Canter said that Axl liked Contraband, at least some of it, saying though that "it could have been better". Libertad came out after Marc's fallout with Axl, but Marc said he knew from common friends that Axl liked that too.

As for By The Sword, Axl hasn't talked about it in public either. It was a story told by a girl who had happened to hang out in Axl's tour bus one day.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Azifwekare said:

Well, he is. He's the voice of the band, and it's main lyricist. Would anyone seriously accept a band called GN'R without Axl on vocals?

Scott Weiland? Myles Kennedy? Don't make me laugh. 

A lot better than VR or any of the solo projects.

of course that there is no gnr without axl

what you fail to notice is that the same goes for izzy and slash

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Slash had said in an interview that Jimmy Iovine from Interscope had called his manager asking for a copy of Contraband before it was released, and Slash assumed it was because Axl wanted to hear it.

Axl never talked about Velvet Revolver in public. On the chats he opted not to answer:

Q: What are your views on Contraband and Libertad?
Axl: I’ll save this one. These are obviously highly charged areas and I’d rather take things one step at a time.

Marc Canter said that Axl liked Contraband, at least some of it, saying though that "it could have been better". Libertad came out after Marc's fallout with Axl, but Marc said he knew from common friends that Axl liked that too.

As for By The Sword, Axl hasn't talked about it in public either. It was a story told by a girl who had happened to hang out in Axl's tour bus one day.

Interesting  post blackstar.

ID love what axl would do better or what he means by better, both albums are straight up rock records like AFD, drums bass 2 guitars and vocals. No keyboards or synths. Unless thats what axl means by it could be better injecting synths in it which thankfully VR didnt put on.

2 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

ID love what axl would do better or what he means by better, both albums are straight up rock records like AFD, drums bass 2 guitars and vocals. No keyboards or synths. Unless thats what axl means by it could be better injecting synths in it which thankfully VR didnt put on.

Paradise City was recorded with a Moog. 

Edited by Sosso

10 hours ago, ludurigan said:

of course that there is no gnr without axl

what you fail to notice is that the same goes for izzy and slash

May I direct your attention to my scientifically accurate post on another thread which proves the superiority of CD over AFD. This disproves the theory that Izzy and Slash automatically make GnR better.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

Who knows, but I don't think it had necessarily to do with synths vs. guitars or anything like that. It could be, for example, about songs' structure or the production or certain instrumental parts etc.