The Mandalorian (Star Wars TV show)

luciusfunk

40 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Wow, I never stopped to think about your first point but you're totally right. Toys really are a dying industry due to iPads and other electronics. I never realized it before, but you're totally right. 

And yeah....just because a bunch of YouTube channels are hoping for Kennedy to be in trouble doesn't mean she actually is. 

I'll admit, I started to go for it at first until my YouTube feed filled up with all the usual suspects just repeating the same "hot rumors" that they more or less made up. 

Yeah a lot of them just make educated guesses and then keep adjusting their stories as they go along. They just tell people what they want to hear so that people keep clicking on their stuff and giving them ad revenue.

1 hour ago, ZoSoRose said:

The only Disney Star Wars movie I thought was a misfire was TRoS. 

I recognize I am in the minority, but TLJ is in my top 3

TLJ has grown to be my second-fav starwars movie of all time (behind only the original), whereas TRoS has grown to be my least-favorite of them all. They all have pros and cons tho!

• Like 1

Toys are HARDLY a "dying" industry, lol. Anyone that truly believed that must not have kids. I will say you won't see as many 10-12 year olds playing with them like they did 30 years ago. But kids 9 and under still want ALL the toys, trust me there. Do they want electronics as well? Yes of course, but tots are still in HIGH demand. 

Honestly rocknroll41, I know you are clearly a sequel trilogy fan, and that fine. But to say the rumors are unfounded is in accurate. Kathleen Kennedy WAS stripped of complete creative control by Disney's CEO, so you can't tell me she hasn't been in hot water. Honestly I believe that the ONLY reason she still has her job is politics. Disney isn't going to fire a woman and replace her with a white male, it's a bad look for them in this SJW world. That's why she is still there. They would rather strip her of authority, and let her ride it out until retirement. Then replace her, and everyone is "happy." 

You also skated around what Disney plus is getting ready to do to the sequel trilogy. Like I said, the theatrical versions are going to be removed from cannon and replaced with these  "miniseries" versions. They will "disguise" it in a way like how Lucas changed the OT. Just prepare yourself for some MAJOR changes, especially to Luke Skywalker specifically. 

Edited by Iron MikeyJ

I would further add that the Disney parks are also being revamped. When Disney bought Star Wars, at the request of Kennedy, they made "Star Wars land" in the image of the sequel trilogy. Kennedy's point was the sequels are the future, so let's embrace that for the fans at the parks. 

Well... Kids never attached themselves to the sequel trilogy characters like they hoped. As a result merchandise that caters to those films doesn't sell, not in stores or in the parks. So they are revamping the parks again to make the "land" similar to what we see in The Mandalorian. Which rumors say Kennedy was furious about. 

When kids go to Star Wars Land they want to see Mando, Baby Grogu, Vader, Yoda, R2D2, etc. They don't care about Rey and Kylo. The Mandalorian has caputered the attention of fans (old and young) in a way that the sequels never did, and bottom line... Disney is going where the money is.

1 hour ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

Kathleen Kennedy WAS stripped of complete creative control by Disney's CEO, so you can't tell me she hasn't been in hot water

Can you provide a verified or credible source.

Other than YouTubers, there is nothing to back up this claim. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

I would further add that the Disney parks are also being revamped. When Disney bought Star Wars, at the request of Kennedy, they made "Star Wars land" in the image of the sequel trilogy. Kennedy's point was the sequels are the future, so let's embrace that for the fans at the parks. 

Well... Kids never attached themselves to the sequel trilogy characters like they hoped. As a result merchandise that caters to those films doesn't sell, not in stores or in the parks. So they are revamping the parks again to make the "land" similar to what we see in The Mandalorian. Which rumors say Kennedy was furious about. 

When kids go to Star Wars Land they want to see Mando, Baby Grogu, Vader, Yoda, R2D2, etc. They don't care about Rey and Kylo. The Mandalorian has caputered the attention of fans (old and young) in a way that the sequels never did, and bottom line... Disney is going where the money is.

At the starwars theme park, before covid, there were plenty of kids dressed as the sequel trilogy characters and waiting in line to get hugs from Rey and Kylo Ren.

But whatever. Keep believing in your own delusions, kid.

and for the record, I’m not a “sequel trilogy fan.” The only one I like these days is TLJ. I think TFA is just ok, and I thought TRoS sucked, in hindsight. The reason I’m defending those movies and Kennedy so much is because this idea that everyone hates the sequels and that Kennedy is some sorta demon is pure bullshit that’s been blown way out of proportion. 10 years ago everyone hated the prequels and called Lucas a demon. Now the prequels are beloved and Lucas is looked back on as some sort of misunderstood martyr. The same shit will happen now with the sequels. Give it another 5-10 years and there will be a bunch of teenagers on Reddit and shit singing it’s praises and referring to Kennedy (who will be retired by then), as some sorta misunderstood hero. At the same time, they’ll also be shitting on whatever the new movies are and whoever the new leader is by that point.

This shit is a cycle, people. Start waking up and seeing the patterns. Even your precious original trilogy is not as good as you all think it is. You all just like it because of the nostalgia.

Edited by rocknroll41

28 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Where are the sources for them redoing the sequels? I have never even heard of that outside of youtube headlines

All of the rumors get reported on youtube as well as other publications, which can be googled fairly easy. 

Obviously they are just rumors, so I'm not saying "this will happen" or "this won't happen." But where there is smoke, there is usually at least an ember. 

As far as youtube Star Wars channels go, I agree and disagree with the everyone here. Yes, they DO have click bait headlines just to get that revenue ad money. But that's EVERYONE on youtube, if you don't have a title that makes people want to click on it, your not doing it right, which I'm a YouTuber, so I know how it works. 

Having said that, some of these guys really do have insider information and "pull" at Lucas films. I mean "pull" as in, they have LARGE followings, and when they support the franchise, it's good for Star Wars, and if they talk bad about Star Wars, it negatively effects the brand as well. I also believe that the ones I watch most often (Mike Zehro and Star Wars Theory), they are genuine fans. So they WANT Star Wars to succeed. It's good for them as a fan, and it's good for them as a YouTuber. Another small youtube trick is that YES controversies will get you quick attention/views, but you can't substain an audience that way, not long term. Basically easy come, easy go. Do some Star Wars channels do this? I'm sure, but I don't really pay attention to them to be honest. Guys like Star Wars Theory and Mike Zehro have been doing this a long time. Those channels are perfectly happy discussing the inner workings of the Jedi, history, etc as opposed to talking about Disney behind the scenes drama. So I do feel context is important. 

Maybe it's all BS, maybe not? Im just happy to be enjoying Star Wars again. With everything else, I'd rather focus on what unites as opposed to what divides. What Im saying is that, if you like the sequel movies than I'm happy for you. It doesn't bother me in the slightest. I can respect your opinions on the issue, can you respect mine that I don't like those movies at all, and don't consider them cannon. For me, what's happening on the Mandalorian is ALL we know, post Return of the Jedi.

18 minutes ago, downzy said:

Can you provide a verified or credible source.

Other than YouTubers, there is nothing to back up this claim. 

No, but the proof is in the pudding. Jon, Dave and George Lucas have been the creative force behind the Star Wars revival. Yes Kennedy is still an executive producer, but that's a title that is given away ALL the time in films. Some producers are VERY hands on, some do nothing except write a check. It's a very broad term. 

During the ENTIRE sequel trilogy she was completely hands on, in EVERY aspect. Now she has had literally NOTHING to do with the success of The Mandalorian. Anyone with two eyes can see that there are two different Star Wars camps at the moment. You have Kennedy on one side (I believe she is doing the Knights of the high republic show), which again she is COMPLETELY hands on in this project. On the other side you have Dave, Jon and a quiet Lucas, and they are doing all the projects people are excited about (Mandalorian, book of Bobba Fett, Ashoka series). 

Look at the MCU, Kevin Feigie does it ALL. He has first and last say. He finds a crew to make a particular film, yes. But he is still the main creative force behind everything they do. Star Wars, on the other hand has this two different team approach going on. Its hard not to miss the two drasticly different styles here. 

11 minutes ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

All of the rumors get reported on youtube as well as other publications, which can be googled fairly easy. 

Obviously they are just rumors, so I'm not saying "this will happen" or "this won't happen." But where there is smoke, there is usually at least an ember. 

As far as youtube Star Wars channels go, I agree and disagree with the everyone here. Yes, they DO have click bait headlines just to get that revenue ad money. But that's EVERYONE on youtube, if you don't have a title that makes people want to click on it, your not doing it right, which I'm a YouTuber, so I know how it works. 

Having said that, some of these guys really do have insider information and "pull" at Lucas films. I mean "pull" as in, they have LARGE followings, and when they support the franchise, it's good for Star Wars, and if they talk bad about Star Wars, it negatively effects the brand as well. I also believe that the ones I watch most often (Mike Zehro and Star Wars Theory), they are genuine fans. So they WANT Star Wars to succeed. It's good for them as a fan, and it's good for them as a YouTuber. Another small youtube trick is that YES controversies will get you quick attention/views, but you can't substain an audience that way, not long term. Basically easy come, easy go. Do some Star Wars channels do this? I'm sure, but I don't really pay attention to them to be honest. Guys like Star Wars Theory and Mike Zehro have been doing this a long time. Those channels are perfectly happy discussing the inner workings of the Jedi, history, etc as opposed to talking about Disney behind the scenes drama. So I do feel context is important. 

Maybe it's all BS, maybe not? Im just happy to be enjoying Star Wars again. With everything else, I'd rather focus on what unites as opposed to what divides. What Im saying is that, if you like the sequel movies than I'm happy for you. It doesn't bother me in the slightest. I can respect your opinions on the issue, can you respect mine that I don't like those movies at all, and don't consider them cannon. For me, what's happening on the Mandalorian is ALL we know, post Return of the Jedi.

Mike Zeroh is a full-blown troll. Back when TLJ was still being made he would say shit like that Benicia del Toro was gonna play a Sith Lord called Von and Finn was gonna get his own lightsaber and whatnot, and then when the actual movie came out disputed literally all of his claims, he just ignored everyone who called him out on his BS and moved on to the next wave of bullshit videos about episode 9. Even Rian Johnson went on Twitter and clarified that everything Mike Zeroh says is a lie.

22 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

At the starwars theme park, before covid, there were plenty of kids dressed as the sequel trilogy characters and waiting in line to get hugs from Rey and Kylo Ren.

But whatever. Keep believing in your own delusions, kid.

and for the record, I’m not a “sequel trilogy fan.” The only one I like these days is TLJ. I think TFA is just ok, and I thought TRoS sucked, in hindsight. The reason I’m defending those movies and Kennedy so much is because this idea that everyone hates the sequels and that Kennedy is some sorta demon is pure bullshit that’s been blown way out of proportion. 10 years ago everyone hated the prequels and called Lucas a demon. Now the prequels are beloved and Lucas is looked back on as some sort of misunderstood martyr. The same shit will happen now with the sequels. Give it another 5-10 years and there will be a bunch of teenagers on Reddit and shit singing it’s praises and referring to Kennedy (who will be retired by then), as some sorta misunderstood hero. At the same time, they’ll also be shitting on whatever the new movies are and whoever the new leader is by that point.

This shit is a cycle, people. Start waking up and seeing the patterns. Even your precious original trilogy is not as good as you all think it is. You all just like it because of the nostalgia.

You are FAR to emotionally invested in this topic my friend. We are not discussing politics or religion here, it's just Star Wars. 

If you think I'm full of bs, well that's fine. I'm not here to "win you over to my side." I've just heard some things, and am sharing what I've heard. That doesn't make it true or a fact. 

2 minutes ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

No, but the proof is in the pudding. Jon, Dave and George Lucas have been the creative force behind the Star Wars revival. Yes Kennedy is still an executive producer, but that's a title that is given away ALL the time in films. Some producers are VERY hands on, some do nothing except write a check. It's a very broad term. 

During the ENTIRE sequel trilogy she was completely hands on, in EVERY aspect. Now she has had literally NOTHING to do with the success of The Mandalorian. Anyone with two eyes can see that there are two different Star Wars camps at the moment. You have Kennedy on one side (I believe she is doing the Knights of the high republic show), which again she is COMPLETELY hands on in this project. On the other side you have Dave, Jon and a quiet Lucas, and they are doing all the projects people are excited about (Mandalorian, book of Bobba Fett, Ashoka series). 

Look at the MCU, Kevin Feigie does it ALL. He has first and last say. He finds a crew to make a particular film, yes. But he is still the main creative force behind everything they do. Star Wars, on the other hand has this two different team approach going on. Its hard not to miss the two drasticly different styles here. 

Unless you can provide an official statement from Disney/Lucasfilm or an article from a REAL trade reporter like New York Times, Variety, Deadline, Hollywood Reporter, Wall Street Journal, etc., everything you say is BS.

Furthermore, if you watch all the behind-the-scenes videos of the making of Mando, you can see that Kennedy was on set all the time. Just like she was for the sequels. Her role is exactly the same for both projects.

• Like 1

Just now, rocknroll41 said:

Mike Zeroh is a full-blown troll. Back when TLJ was still being made he would say shit like that Benicia del Toro was gonna play a Sith Lord called Von and Finn was gonna get his own lightsaber and whatnot, and then when the actual movie came out disputed literally all of his claims, he just ignored everyone who called him out on his BS and moved on to the next wave of bullshit videos about episode 9. Even Rian Johnson went on Twitter and clarified that everything Mike Zeroh says is a lie.

That all could be true. I did watch some of his stuff, back when the force Awakins was coming out. Then again for a while around the time before TLJ was released. But for the last few years I didn't care about Star Wars, let alone Star Wars youtubers. 

Having said all of that, even you HAVE to admit that all has NOT been hunky dory at Disney in regards to SW.

2 minutes ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

You are FAR to emotionally invested in this topic my friend. We are not discussing politics or religion here, it's just Star Wars. 

If you think I'm full of bs, well that's fine. I'm not here to "win you over to my side." I've just heard some things, and am sharing what I've heard. That doesn't make it true or a fact. 

“That doesn’t make it true or a fact” and yet several posts ago you were acting like what you were saying before was gospel. Now you’re just changing your attitude cause you can’t provide real evidence for any of your claims.

“That doesn’t make it true or a fact” and yet several posts ago you were acting like what you were saying before was gospel. Now you’re just changing your attitude cause you can’t provide real evidence for any of your claims.

No, I was coming from more of a hopeful perspective. It's all rumors chief...

4 minutes ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

No, I was coming from more of a hopeful perspective. It's all rumors chief...

This was you several posts ago:

”There is SO MUCH going on behind the scenes at Disney in regards to Star Wars, that most don't even know about. It's Kathleen Kennedy vs Favero and Filoni (with Lucas helping them from the shadows). It's not like the MCU, where Kevin Fiegie has complete creative control. Star Wars is literally right in the middle of a civil war behind the scenes. Somuch so, that removing the sequel trilogy fromcannon is on the table. I could go on and on here.”

You sounded pretty certain there. But now it’s all just rumors, eh?

30 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Wow... Let the butt hurt flow my friend. 

"I LOVE TLJ, so I MUST teardown everything else to prove my point."

You must be a lot of fun at a party.

Just now, Iron MikeyJ said:

Wow... Let the butt hurt flow my friend. 

"I LOVE TLJ, so I MUST teardown everything else to prove my point."

You must be a lot of fun at a party.

I’ll admit I’m in the minority, in that I think both ESB and RotJ are overrated. Rest assured, if those films came out today, to a fanbase as picky as THIS, they woulda been ripped to shreds too. A lot of things people Bitch about with starwars these days started with those films (retcons, tonal and thematic shifts, character regession (mainly with Han), and so on). Even prestigious places like Time Magazine and (ironically) Empire Magazine gave ESB bad reviews back when it was new.

starwars is not as sacred as everyone likes to pretend it is, and it never has been. It’s all an illusion built up by generational nostalgia.

• Like 1

This was you several posts ago:

”There is SO MUCH going on behind the scenes at Disney in regards to Star Wars, that most don't even know about. It's Kathleen Kennedy vs Favero and Filoni (with Lucas helping them from the shadows). It's not like the MCU, where Kevin Fiegie has complete creative control. Star Wars is literally right in the middle of a civil war behind the scenes. Somuch so, that removing the sequel trilogy fromcannon is on the table. I could go on and on here.”

You sounded pretty certain there. But now it’s all just rumors, eh?

I said it was "on the table" I didn't say it's happening. 

I also DO believe that there IS dissention between Kennedy and the others. I can choose to believe it, just like you can choose not to. See how that works? 

Before someone says "well I only believe official sources." Well official sources only report rumors after they come true. Not before, not "official" sources anyways. 

I can name a few films recently that had all sorts of "behind the scenes rumors" during production, yet were NEVER reported. But after it was all said and done... Come to find out most of the rumors were true.

4 minutes ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

I said it was "on the table" I didn't say it's happening. 

I also DO believe that there IS dissention between Kennedy and the others. I can choose to believe it, just like you can choose not to. See how that works? 

Before someone says "well I only believe official sources." Well official sources only report rumors after they come true. Not before, not "official" sources anyways. 

I can name a few films recently that had all sorts of "behind the scenes rumors" during production, yet were NEVER reported. But after it was all said and done... Come to find out most of the rumors were true.

Huh? Places like Variety have reported plenty of things before they were officially announced. The casting of most of the sequel trilogy actors (Adam Driver, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, etc.), the Joaquin Phoenix Joker movie, the casting of Robert Pattinson as the new Batman... all of those things were reported by Variety, Deadline, etc. before they were officially announced. And those were all rumors that came from nowhere else, as a matter of fact. All straight from Variety’s mouth. Variety is a legit scoop source. Mike Zeroh isnt. The former has predicted almost everything right, whereas the latter has predicted nothing right.

Edited by rocknroll41

22 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Huh? Places like Variety have reported plenty of things before they were officially announced. The casting of most of the sequel trilogy actors (Adam Driver, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, etc.), the Joaquin Phoenix Joker movie, the casting of Robert Pattinson as the new Batman... all of those things were reported by Variety, Deadline, etc. before they were officially announced. And those were all rumors that came from nowhere else, as a matter of fact. All straight from Variety’s mouth. Variety is a legit scoop source. Mike Zeroh isnt. The former has predicted almost everything right, whereas the latter has predicted nothing right.

I don't dispute that, it's pretty much truth if Variety is reporting it. But Variety doesn't report on all rumors, even ones that were true. Not until after the fact, that is. 

I could tell you all the 2016 Ghostbusters rumors that I heard, of which 90% or more were true. Variety didn't report most of them either, and the things they did report, were after the film had been released and "bombed." I know a few other things about some MCU related info and what not as well. But my overall point still stands. So while Variety is a reliable source, they choose not to report on certain rumors that do come true. Or they do report on them, after the fact. When they do report them though, the "rumors" basically become common knowledge. 

52 minutes ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

So no, you have no source to back up what is nothing more than your own assumption. 

• Like 3

Here is an example...

Does anyone here believe that Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield are NOT in the new Spiderman film. It has not been confirmed by ANYONE at this point, actually it's been stated by Tom Holland that they are NOT in the film. So obviously Variety has NOT yet reported that they are in the film. 

Yet we DO know that Alfred Molina and Jamie Foxx are in the film, both from the different "eras." We also know that the MCU is going into multiverse territory, etc. 

So who do you believe? The rumors or what's being reported?

6 minutes ago, downzy said:

So no, you have no source to back up what is nothing more than your own assumption. 

By that logic, it's all hearsay unless you personally witnessed it. If you don't personally witness something how do you know it's true? Wouldn't stand up in the court of law.

5 minutes ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

Here is an example...

Does anyone here believe that Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield are NOT in the new Spiderman film. It has not been confirmed by ANYONE at this point, actually it's been stated by Tom Holland that they are NOT in the film. So obviously Variety has NOT yet reported that they are in the film. 

Yet we DO know that Alfred Molina and Jamie Foxx are in the film, both from the different "eras." We also know that the MCU is going into multiverse territory, etc. 

So who do you believe? The rumors or what's being reported?

JK Simmons was cast to play a new version of J Jonah Jamenson, so for all we know, Alfred Molina and Jamie Fox are just playing new versions of their characters too. That being said, I agree that there’s too much evidence out there at this point that the multiverse thing is probably happening, cause Feige himself confirmed that WandaVision, Spidey 3, and Doctor Strange 2 are all connected, and Doctor Strange 2 just so happens to be called “Multiverse of Madness.” But that’s still not the same thing as Mike Zeroh spewing his bullshit.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

By that logic, it's all hearsay unless you personally witnessed it. If you don't personally witness something how do you know it's true? Wouldn't stand up in the court of law.

No. If what you said was true, there would be a statement by Disney or at least reports from reputable news outlets.

Since there’s nothing like that, I would side with fact versus conjecture. 

• Like 1