The Mandalorian (Star Wars TV show)

luciusfunk

Just now, rocknroll41 said:

JK Simmons was cast to play a new version of J Jonah Jamenson, so for all we know, Alfred Molina and Jamie Fox are just playing new versions of their characters too. That being said, I agree that there’s too much evidence out there at this point that the multiverse thing is probably happening, cause Feige himself confirmed that WandaVision, Spidey 3, and Doctor Strange 2 are all connected, and Doctor Strange 2 just so happens to be called “Multiverse of Madness.” But that’s still not the same thing as Mike Zeroh spewing his bullshit.

But there are plenty of MCU channels stating similar rumors, that's my point. Just because you don't like a rumor, doesn't mean it isn't at least being discussed (Star Wars specifically). That's all I'm saying.

Are the rumors true? Time will tell.

1 minute ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

But there are plenty of MCU channels stating similar rumors, that's my point. Just because you don't like a rumor, doesn't mean it isn't at least being discussed (Star Wars specifically). That's all I'm saying.

Are the rumors true? Time will tell.

Have those mcu channels gotten things right in the past? Or do all their predictions turn out to be false like Mike Zeroh’s? That’s the difference...

Just now, downzy said:

No. If what you said was true, there would be a statement by Disney or at least reports from reputable news outlets.

Since there’s nothing like that, I would side with fact versus conjecture. 

Well if Disney themselves states it, then it's not really rumors anymore is it? I'm just saying that it doesn't matter who tells you anything, if you didn't personally witness it, it called hearsay in court. Which means your thoughts don't matter, essentially. 

1 minute ago, rocknroll41 said:

Have those mcu channels gotten things right in the past? Or do all their predictions turn out to be false like Mike Zeroh’s? That’s the difference...

The one thing they all say is "this is a rumor and should be taken with a grain of salt." I believe I've heard Mike Zerho say that as well. 

Ok guys, 

This topic has gone way OFF the rails. This is one of the reasons why I stopped watching Star Wars to begin with, everything has gotten to divisive. 

I have Wandavision to watch. That franchise (while not perfect), at least has a more united fan base. So the rumors, when being discussed, doesnt cause such... Anger. Good day, and I'm happy Star Wars is at least on the upswing. I just hope they can keep it up.

• Haha 1

I think a total retcon would be a disaster. The movies happened, they came out. They had the original cast (a few of which have passed since TFA was released), John Williams returned, and they made billions. Even if they didn't live up to the hype, I would rather have the original cast and get to see them in action then some weird retcon thing. 

I would definitely watch a "directors cut/extended" version of TRoS since I think they could improve the film with some extra  scenes 

• Like 1

Just now, ZoSoRose said:

I think a total retcon would be a disaster. The movies happened, they came out. They had the original cast (a few of which have passed since TFA was released), John Williams returned, and they made billions. Even if they didn't live up to the hype, I would rather have the original cast and get to see them in action then some weird retcon thing. 

I would definitely watch a "directors cut/extended" version of TRoS since I think they could improve the film with some extra  scenes 

I doubt a total retcon would happen. I could see a different take though. Maybe Luke has been hiding Baby Grogu all along, even from Rey. Something like that. Giving Luke more of a purpose.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

Well if Disney themselves states it, then it's not really rumors anymore is it? I'm just saying that it doesn't matter who tells you anything, if you didn't personally witness it, it called hearsay in court. Which means your thoughts don't matter, essentially. 

You stated that Kennedy was stripped of creative control as if it was a fact. But that’s not true. It’s just your opinion based on your own observations that are debatable at best and flat out wrong at worst. 

• Like 1

It's fun to watch those speculation videos, but I don't expect them to be right. I look at them like "GN'R insiders".....every so often, they guess something right and they get to milk it for a really long time. Then when they're wrong (most of the time) they just ignore it or say "plans changed". 

I put zero stock into the Disney park characters changing over The Mandalorian. They'd be stupid not to do that seeing as that part of the SW universe is so hot right now. Not only does that not mean Kennedy is out, she's probably the one that gave the direction lol

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, downzy said:

You stated that Kennedy was stripped of creative control as if it was a fact. But that’s not true. It’s just your opinion based on your own observations that are debatable at best and flat out wrong at worst. 

I never said it was a fact. But The Mandalorian IS the first Star Wars movie/show to be released that she didn't have any say in creativily. Add with the steady decline in interest that the sequels had (which she DID have creative control over, as well as the spinoff films). 

One of two things happened. One, she got smart and decided that another creative force was needed.

Or two, her boss told her that another creative force was needed. 

Pick the one that makes you happy.

I personally don't see what changing the park's ambiance would do. To 99% of people there they see the Millennium Falcon, X Wings, A Wings, etc with the characters roaming around. They aren't going to think, "it's a T-70 X Wing instead of a T-65, rubbish"

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

I never said it was a fact. But The Mandalorian IS the first Star Wars movie/show to be released that she didn't have any say in creativily. Add with the steady decline in interest that the sequels had (which she DID have creative control over, as well as the spinoff films). 

One of two things happened. One, she got smart and decided that another creative force was needed.

Or two, her boss told her that another creative force was needed. 

Pick the one that makes you happy.

You never said it was fact? Huh? In case you forgot, buddy, this was you a few posts ago:

”Kathleen Kennedy WAS stripped of complete creative control by Disney's CEO, so you can't tell me she hasn't been in hotwater.”

also, as I’ve said before, all the behind the scenes docs show she was on set full time for both the sequels AND Mando and she is credited as just a producer on both. She doesn’t have writing or directing credits on anything.

TFA - Directed by JJ Abrams. Written by JJ Abrams, Lawrence Kasdan, and Michael Ardnt.

TLJ - Written and directed by Rian Johnson.

TRoS - Directed by JJ Abrams. Written by JJ Abrams and Chris Terrio.

Mando - Written by Jon Faverau and (sometimes) Dave Filoni and directed by various people (all of whom are not Kennedy).

So how exactly did she have more creative input in the sequels than she did on Mando?

I will also add that SW is back to being in "good standing" among people with Mando. I thought SW's time as a pop culture phenomenon among casuals and die hards alike was done, but the Mandalorian proved me wrong. 

Despite me liking the ST for the most part (despite a mess of a finale), I will not deny that Disney missed the mark and alienated people. Mandalorian has turned it around, and Disney knows that. They showed a ton of confidence with all of those SW show and movie announcements last month.

Retconing 3 films that grossed over a billion each and were seen by millions won't happen. The Mandalorian even sets up aspects of the Sequels. They can easily build up the in-between time and eventually have baby Yoda part with Luke to account for his absence and keep him alive. There's a 20+ year gap, so there's plenty of time in between to play with.

Also I get why people didn't agree with Luke's story in the sequels, but he got the focus in the climax in TLJ, saved the day, and had a peaceful and relatively happy sendoff in IX. No need for messy retcons imo. Now we got the fan service lightsaber moment on top of all that, what would even be the point?

Edited by ZoSoRose

1 minute ago, ZoSoRose said:

I will also add that SW is back to being in "good standing" among people with Mando. I thought SW's time as a pop culture phenomenon among casuals and die hards alike was done, but the Mandalorian proved me wrong. 

Despite me liking the ST for the most part (despite a mess of a finale), I will not deny that Disney missed the mark and alienated people. Mandalorian has turned it around, and Disney knows that. They showed a ton of confidence with all of those SW show and movie announcements last month.

Retconing 3 films that grossed over a billion each and we're seen by millions won't happen. The Mandalorian even sets up aspects of the Sequels. They can easily build up the in-between time and eventually have baby Yoda part with Luke to account for his absence and keep him alive. There's a 20+ year gap, so there's plenty of time in between to play with.

Also I get why people didn't agree with Luke's story in the sequels, but he got the focus in the climax in TLJ, saved the day, and had a peaceful and relatively happy sendoff in IX. No need for messy retcons imo. Now we got the fan service lightsaber moment on top of all that, what would even be the point?

Mando has already started to alienate casual people with all the EU stuff it’s been throwing in there and the fact that Grogu has basically been written out of the show now, even tho he was the main attaction. I have a feeling people will start to turn on the show come season 3.

8 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Mando has already started to alienate casual people with all the EU stuff it’s been throwing in there and the fact that Grogu has basically been written out of the show now, even tho he was the main attaction. I have a feeling people will start to turn on the show come season 3.

I've just heard people gush about the past season, seems like it was a big hit. And baby yoda will definitely return, and it'll probably be something that gets talked about when he does

Just now, ZoSoRose said:

I've just heard people gush about the past season, seems like it was a big hit. And baby yoda will definitely return, and it'll probably be something that gets talked about when he does

I’ve heard the opposite among all the casuals I know. Then again, all my friends are cynics lol.

23 minutes ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

Ya, pretty much. 

Well, we are just going in circles now cause once again you’re saying something and failing to provide a source for it other than unreliable people like Mike Zeroh. But whatever, I guess we’ll just have to agree to disagree on this subject.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Why would Grogu return? His story arc is complete. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Popularity and because they wouldn't have him killed in the Academy masacre

Popularity is a terrible reason to keep a character on board. On top of that it would be a ballsy, respectable move to have him at the Academy. 

Just my opinion. You're probably right though. 

On 2/11/2021 at 10:28 PM, RussTCB said:

I was gonna leave the thread be so it could go back to being Star Wars, but I see you're still discussing the situation so I won't feel bad for derailing lol. 

In any case, while I don't agree with every single thing in this video (canceling Disney+ isn't going to do anything, etc), this cat explains a lot of how I feel about the situation:

Un-ironically agreeing with TheQuartering... definitely indicative of sound judgment there.