Greta Thunberg's Groupie

Axl's Agony Aunt

2 minutes ago, soon said:

its fascinating to observe how every time you speak about her, you are clearly just making things up. This is not the first time. You guess things and then state them as fact. Even though, especially in this case, the facts are laid out for you.

well, seeing how greta has just been proven not to tell the full truth, what else can we do but fill in the gaps for ourselves?

greta would be better served being a bit less judgmental, and being a bit more sincere.

that is all.

also, I accept her apology. can we move on now?

11 minutes ago, action said:

well, seeing how greta has just been proven not to tell the full truth, what else can we do but fill in the gaps for ourselves?

greta would be better served being a bit less judgmental, and being a bit more sincere.

that is all.

also, I accept her apology. can we move on now?

No: she didn’t get caught in a lie.

no: she didn’t apologize 

what planet do you live on when you think you can just make things up like this?!?:lol:

youre getting caught in a lie right now though. by saying these things and being called out.

i guess you should apologize.

40 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

And as I said to soon, I don't know! Ask her yourself. I don't know how her mind works, nor would I want to, sans it works with lashings of hypocrisy, smug moralising and stupidity.

Ask her why you are lying about her? That’s the only question that I have. And I suspect she has the answer, like Trump you are envious.

2 hours ago, action said:

I think, if you're going to be an inspiration to people, if you're going to advocate a drastic change in lifestyle, "back to basics" so to speak, then the message is equally as important as the messenger.

She hasnt advocated for asceticism :facepalm::lol:

The green future is premised on new and emergent technologies.

Edited by soon
  • GNFNR 1

10 minutes ago, soon said:

Ask her why you are lying about her? That’s the only question that I have. And I suspect she has the answer, like Trump you are envious.

I'm envious of her schooling - yes. Bunking off school and swanning around the globe on a private yacht or in first class. I wish my schooling was like that.

5 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I'm envious of her schooling - yes. Bunking off school and swanning around the globe on a private yacht or in first class. I wish my schooling was like that.

I appreciate the honesty. 

Although it does miss the point that she wishes to be in school.

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

Why are you all falling for this charade, really?

What charade? That someone points out we are doing too little to stop global warming? It is the truth. Why do people like you get your panties in a twist because it si a young woman who says it? Don't like being lectured to by young people? Or women? Or simply don't like inspirational women? Do you get as apoplectic about all the men who have the same message, but fail to motivate the press as much? What does she threaten, your self-imposed right to not care about the environment or your feeling of superiority?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

swanning around the globe on a private yacht or in first class. 

You once said that you hate travelling, not seeing places, but the actual ''travelling'', so you probably would have been miserable sailing the atlantic ocean and being on trains for days.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

''My childhood was stolen''  (whilst she swans around the globe on a private yacht).

Why are you all falling for this charade, really?

You cant be serious? :lol:

Here we are talking about train travel, and when that attack fails in epic fashion, now we switch back to the boat. At least your not going on about your motor boat nonsense anymore :lol: 

The racing boat that once sped here over choppy waters is now being characterized as a) a pleasure craft b) her main mode of transportation c) apparently it represents a baller childhood?

And she wishes to be in school.

4 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

What charade? That someone points out we are doing too little to stop global warming? It is the truth. Why do people like you get your panties in a twist because it si a young woman who says it? Don't like being lectured to by young people? Or women? Or simply don't like inspirational women? Do you get as apoplectic about all the men who have the same message, but fail to motivate the press as much? What does she threaten, your self-imposed right to not care about the environment or your feeling of superiority?

I bet your had a typical political correct face like a smacked backside when you wrote that?

Just now, soon said:

And she wishes to be in school.

That is what I'd be saying also.

4 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I bet your had a typical political correct face like a smacked backside when you wrote that?

So what is it that bugs you so much more with her than other people who also say we are doing too little to fight global warming? It doesn't seem to be the message itself that annoys you so much, because, again, it is the same message shared by large part of the political spectrum and almost all climate scientists. So what is it? It seems incredibly petty and childish to attack her so vehemently that you even believe she would be lying about sitting on a train floor. Hard to get away from the fact that since it is mostly older men who are the harshest in the criticism of her, it is connected to the fact she is a strong, young woman.

I mean, be against environmentalism as much as you want, but this incessant mocking and ridicule just speaks volumes of what type of person you are.

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

So what is it that bugs you so much more with her than other people who also say we are doing too little to fight global warming? It doesn't seem to be the message itself that annoys you so much, because, again, it is the same message shared by large part of the political spectrum and almost all climate scientists. So what is it? It seems incredibly petty and childish to attack her so vehemently that you even believe she would be lying about sitting on a train floor. Hard to get away from the fact that since it is mostly older men who are the harshest in the criticism of her, it is connected to the fact she is a strong, young woman.

I mean, be against environmentalism as much as you want, but this incessant mocking and ridicule just speaks volumes of what type of person you are.

to be honest, this whole environmental movement, of which greta is part of, reeked of hypocrisy pretty much from the get-go.

All diesel did, was point out the latest aberrant event.

there are just so many cop-outs, exceptions and double standards in the rationale of the environmental movement, it's becoming pretty fucking ridiculous. 

Also, I repeat: the fact that "they" chose this innocent little girl as their poster face, with known psychological issues, borders on criminal behaviour.

people like you and @soon are instrumental in this, as you continue to support and applaud her position as the face of this movement, but at least the difference between you and soon, is, soon actually seems to be acting like he preaches, while you are just happily taking your plane flights, business as usual!

Edited by action
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, action said:

to be honest, this whole environmental movement, of which greta is part of, reeked of hypocrisy pretty much from the get-go.

All diesel did, was point out the latest aberrant event.

there are just so many cop-outs, exceptions and double standards in the rationale of the environmental movemebt, it's becoming pretty fucking ridiculous. 

Also, I repeat: the fact that "they" chose this innocent little girl as their poster face, with known psychological issues, borders on criminal behaviour.

people like you and @soon are instrumental in this, as you continue to support and applaud her position as the face of this movement, but at least the difference between you and soon, is, soon actually seems to be acting like he preaches, while you are just happily taking your plane flights, business as usual!

There is no hypocrisy between urging people to be more environmentally friendly and, what, ride trains? Thinking there is, is a logical fallacy.

I don't know of any "cop-outs, exceptions and double standards" in the environment movement. I am sure there could be, though, like in any huge, global movements. But you definitely haven't been able to point out any in this thread. Unless you still cling to the absurd notion that you cannot on one hand argue that we should do more for the climate while on the other hand enjoy train rides. Such arguments only work if the environmental movement said we should end all travel. Which it hasn't, of course. But I don't expect this to sink in now, either, so I suppose you and others will just continue your straw man fighting by refuting the very reasonable argument that we should reduce carbon emission by pointing to the fact that environmentalists aren't themselves successful at reducing their carbon footprint to the theoretical minimum. As if this ridiculous demand negates a reasonable argument. To me the absurdity of your position is elementary but the fact that both you and Diesel don't seem to get this over and over, suggests it probably is a bit harder to understand than I thought.

Who chose this girl? It can only border of criminal behaviour if it is close to criminal behaviour. What criminal law is "they" breaking?

What? What has my business travels to do with anything? Ah, you still think the environmental movement requests us to stop flying altogether! *facepalm while chuckling*

Edited by SoulMonster

2 minutes ago, action said:

child labour

It's so funny discussing with you!

Labour? As in she being forced to work by someone else? Oooh, I smell a tasty conspiracy theory hiding behind a corner here :)

What you refer to is child activism, surely, and in my opinion if a sixteen year old person wants to be an activist then that is their decision, not mine. She is sixteen, not ten. And as far as I am aware, her parents are providing support for her. Masking your antipathy against the notion that we should do more to reduce global warming -- which you selfishly and irresponsibly don't care about -- by attacking a young woman and claiming she isn't an autonomous human being but puppeteered by sinister people behind -- as if a sixteen-year old woman is somehow incapable of being of thinking themselves and accomplishing great things -- is just pathetic. 

58 minutes ago, action said:

people like you and @soon are instrumental in this, as you continue to support and applaud her position as the face of this movement

Most of those who inspire me in this movement are faceless (Earth First, ELZN, etc). But for many years now Chrissie Swain, Naomi Klein and David & Severn Suzuki have been the face of the movement. And today I think about Paulo Paulino Guajajara as the face of our movement. May he rest in power.

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/asithappens/brazilian-forest-guardian-who-protected-the-amazon-from-illegal-loggers-has-been-killed-1.5349962

If you are all correct, if the planet is facing Armageddon, then we all need to cease flying, driving, using non-sustainable energy, using plastics, etc - and we needed to do this yesterday!! The absolute urgency of the warnings by the eco-lobby necessitates drastic and immediate solutions. There is really then no excuses why somebody who believes so vehemently in climate change should still be flying. It is thoroughly hypocritical. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

If you are all correct, if the planet is facing Armageddon, then we all need to cease flying, driving, using non-sustainable energy, using plastics, etc - and we needed to do this yesterday!! The absolute urgency of the warnings by the eco-lobby necessitates drastic and immediate solutions. There is really then no excuses why somebody who believes so vehemently in climate change should still be flying. It is thoroughly hypocritical. 

he also advocates for regulations rather than concrete individual action (because he needs to keep his plane ticket), but it is much too late for regulations. creating regulations litterally takes years, and then you need people to enforce those rules.

17 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

See but you are propping your point up on a distortion. Climate scientist have presented the scenario - we have 11 years to get to 1.5. And lots of damage is already done (weather events, heat effecting farming, etc). You are suggesting that there is room for opinion on this. That is obviously not the case.

31 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

If you are all correct, if the planet is facing Armageddon, then we all need to cease flying, driving, using non-sustainable energy, using plastics, etc - and we needed to do this yesterday!!

Heh, no. Why can't you possible seem to be able to think in anything but extremes and exaggerations? Why can't there possibly be a solution that isn't also completely detrimental to human society? You are presenting a distorted hysterical version of reality. The environmental movement isn't advocating what you are saying, because such drastic measured isn't considered required. Why is this so incredibly hard to fathom? :lol:

Edited by SoulMonster