Greta Thunberg's Groupie

Axl's Agony Aunt

6 minutes ago, Dazey said:

We have two of the best libraries you're likely to find anywhere. :) 

W1siZiIsInVwbG9hZHMvcGxhY2VfaW1hZ2VzLzJl

1920px-St_Peter's_Square,_Midlands_Hotel

One looks like a cathedral and the other looks like the bloody colosseum! Just how much intergenerational trauma are you trying to trigger here? :lol:

Nah j/k, they look extraordinary! Hard for me to imagine just living around all this old timey grandure. Surely they're some sort of archive libraries, not where you go to borrow the latest Star Wars novel?

Just now, soon said:

One looks like a cathedral and the other looks like the bloody colosseum! Just how much intergenerational trauma are you trying to trigger here? :lol:

Nah j/k, they look extraordinary! Hard for me to imagine just living around all this old timey grandure. Surely they're some sort of archive libraries, not where you go to borrow the latest Star Wars novel?

The big fucker at the bottom has a big reference section but you can also borrow the latest Jilly Cooper and it's got a whole floor of sheet music for anybody to use. 

The reading room is pretty special too. 

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/mar/21/manchester-central-library-reopens-50m-pound-revamp

Reading-Room.jpg

2 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

To give her dues I had to assume Greta didnt spend the journey taking ketamine and drinking strong European lager 😄

Not what I was going for with that joke but probably for the best that it didn't land. :lol: 

1 hour ago, soon said:

Anabaptists tend to meet in plain old barns, libraries and, in my case, apartments :))

Wasn't Ana Baptist the fat bird in Naked Gun 3 who married that old fella from Texas? :P:lol: I can imagine meeting her in a barn or an apartment but not necessarily a library. :lol: 

On 18/12/2019 at 8:36 PM, DieselDaisy said:

There is no bigger Brexiteer than Tim Martin and his delightful chain of 'Spoons.

Who apparently can’t serve pigs in blankets due to lack of EU nationals. :lol: Ooh, the delicious (baconless) irony. :lol: 

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/whats-on/food-drink-news/wetherspoons-pigs-in-blankets-shortage-17434793

Taking legal action against the government for its inaction of climate change works. I mean, its happened in The Netherlands!!:headbang:

- A landmark legal challenge in the Netherlands has been upheld by highest court. The file claims that the government has a legal obligation to protect its people from pollution and climate change. The government must now cut emissions as a result of the ruling!!

"Climate activists won a final victory Friday in their long-running battle through Dutch courts to force the government to cut greenhouse gas emissions.

The country's highest court upheld two earlier rulings ordering the government to cut emissions by at least 25 per cent by the end of 2020 from benchmark 1990 levels.

Activists in the packed courtroom clapped and cheered as Presiding Judge Kees Streefkerk said the court had rejected the government's appeal.

It is now more than four years since a court in The Hague first ordered the emissions cut in a case brought by climate group Urgenda that spawned similar legal challenges elsewhere in the world."

https://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/climate-court-case-netherlands-1.5403948

- This has inspired similar legal challenges across the globe. Y'all should look up if ones going down in your area! Here the Canadian class action lawsuit is filed by claimants aged 10-19.

"Group of children and teens claim federal officials are violating their rights to life, liberty, equality"

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/canadian-teens-lawsuit-federal-government-over-climate-change-1.5335349

- Heres a radio interview with one of the young Canadians filing in the class action. I apologize profusely that she is a Torontonian, but as Toronto goes, she's not so bad :P:lol:. You can listen or read about this fucking champ here,

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/outintheopen/see-ya-2019-1.5391150/doing-nothing-that-would-kill-me-why-this-teen-is-suing-the-federal-government-over-climate-change-1.5391183

Edited by soon

venus has the biggest greenhouse effect going on in our entire solar system, but there's not a single human to be found. It's all the result of natural processes.

therefore, the claim that humans are responsible for the greenhouse effect on earth, seems a bit pretentious to me.