Greta Thunberg's Groupie

Axl's Agony Aunt

46 minutes ago, action said:

venus has the biggest greenhouse effect going on in our entire solar system, but there's not a single human to be found. It's all the result of natural processes.

therefore, the claim that humans are responsible for the greenhouse effect on earth, seems a bit pretentious to me.

The atmosphere on Venus consists almost completely of CO2. Think about that for a moment. 

24 minutes ago, Dazey said:

The atmosphere on Venus consists almost completely of CO2. Think about that for a moment. 

I did. natural processes were the cause, not humans. Stone cold proof that nature, by itself, is capable of creating a greenhouse effect, with CO2, all by itself.

I'm not denying the greenhouse effect on earth, I'm just denying humans are the cause. Like they are not the cause on venus either for obvious reasons.

think about that for a moment.

Edited by action

Climate change is now a religious cult, and, much like remainers pertaining to Brexit, anyone who expresses any doubt is castigated and told ''they're ignorant'' by smug arrogant liberals. Climate change in reality has been going on for the whole of earth's existence. We were in a mini Ice Age until the 1850s, and before that, during the middle ages, we were undergoing a warm period.

historic-climate-change.png?w=392

Don't remember Thomas à Becket worrying about sticking his plastics in an over sized bin outside Canterbury Cathedral? 

There is a girl in one of the bad Jurassic Park sequels that reminds me of Greta Thurnberg.

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

Climate change is now a religious cult, and, much like remainers pertaining to Brexit

I had no idea that opinions on Breixt were based on conclusive scientific discovery.

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

anyone who expresses any doubt is castigated and told ''they're ignorant'' by smug arrogant liberals effervescent, witty, loveable and extremely charming lefties

Yep, doubting scientific consensus is ignorant. You are ignoring it by choice.

And whats funny too is that you posted a graph that is (I trust) based on scientific discovery! So I guess that graph is also a timeline of when you stopped believing the scientific community? Where it says "today" with the arrow? :P:lol:

5 minutes ago, soon said:

I had no idea that opinions on Breixt were based on conclusive scientific discovery.

Yep, doubting scientific consensus is ignorant. You are ignoring it by choice.

And whats funny too is that you posted a graph that is (I trust) based on scientific discovery! So I guess that graph is also a timeline of when you stopped believing the scientific community? Where it says "today" with the arrow? :P:lol:

1280px-All_palaeotemps.svg.png

- Climate change has always existed.

- It existed long before humans.

- The world has actually witnessed far greater extremes than what is occurring now.

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

- The world has actually witnessed far greater extremes than what is occurring now.

Just how old are you, baldy?!?! 

No one is ignorant of that. Just you are willfully ignorant about how human activity is causing the changes we are seeing. And that they pose an existential threat. Thats what the science says.

You are barred from posting science, since you are denying science in the same fell swoop! :P:lol:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, soon said:

No one is ignorant of that. Just you are willfully ignorant about how human activity is causing the changes we are seeing. And that they pose an existential threat. Thats what the science says.

You are barred from posting science, since you are denying science in the same fell swoop! :P:lol:

See, you cannot stand the truth. Marxist environmentalist that you are. 

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

See, you cannot stand the truth. Marxist environmentalist that you are. 

By denying science you have not in any way shape or form cast any light on me. Your grumpy old man babble has not at all shown that I have an inability to stand the truth. :lol:

12 minutes ago, soon said:

are humans responsible for climate change on venus too?

stupid question, but I'd like you to answer it anyway. venus is generally viewed as earth's twin planet, and it resides in the so called goldy locks region, just like earth. so please fill in the following form, after reading the above question in bold again:

A.1 if the answer is no, then what causes climate change on venus?

A.1.1 if you say, science can not explain climate change on venus, then please answer question B.1

A.1.2 if you can provide an explanation for climate change on venus, the please answer question B.2

B.1. if science can not explain climate change on venus, then how can it explain climate change on earth?

B.2. why couldn't this be a reason for climate change on earth too?

31 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Climate change is now a religious cult, and, much like remainers pertaining to Brexit, anyone who expresses any doubt is castigated and told ''they're ignorant'' by smug arrogant liberals. Climate change in reality has been going on for the whole of earth's existence. We were in a mini Ice Age until the 1850s, and before that, during the middle ages, we were undergoing a warm period.

historic-climate-change.png?w=392

When 97% of the scientists (who know a lot more about this than you) claim that humans are a major cause of today's global warming, then I would rather take their word for it, and it would be quite ignorant indeed to go against that.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

"entartete wissenshaft", as the german lefties would call that graph

for the rest of us, this graph is spot on.

2 minutes ago, action said:

are humans responsible for climate change on venus too?

stupid question, but I'd like you to answer it anyway. venus is generally viewed as earth's twin planet, and it resides in the so called goldy locks region, just like earth. so please fill in the following form, after reading the above question in bold again:

A.1 if the answer is no, then what causes climate change on venus?

A.1.1 if you say, science can not explain climate change on venus, then please answer question B.1

A.1.2 if you can provide an explanation for climate change on venus, the please answer question B.2

B.1. if science can not explain climate change on venus, then how can it explain climate change on earth?

B.2. why couldn't this be a reason for climate change on earth too?

https://www.ipcc.ch/

1 minute ago, EvanG said:

When 97% of the scientists (who know a lot more about this than you) claim that humans are a major cause of today's global warming, then I would rather take their word for it, and it would be quite ignorant indeed to go against that.

I'm sure they say that, but what's their proof?

proof is the basis for science, otherwise it's just philosophy.

what proof is there?

2 minutes ago, soon said:

You CANT trust this graph because it was produced by scientists. You dont trust scientists, dont forget.

but it's ok. greta says we are responsible. who needs proof when her excellency, miss thunberg, does the thinking for us

Edited by action

10 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Collectivist mentality, thought fascists, and they are actually a number of scientists who have questioned the thing. 

1 minute ago, action said:

You know what, I really like this soon guy. He seems well informed and he's also really fun to chill out with. Im grateful to have crossed paths with him. 

He's helped me understand that I should inform myself instead of talking complete ass.

Oh shucks... thanks bro!

You should read this book too, 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Collectivist mentality, thought fascists, and they are actually a number of scientists who have questioned the thing. 

3%.

Look, if it was 50% or even 60%, I would have my doubts too, but we're talking about NINETY-SEVEN% of the scientists around the world. I'm not a scientist, neither are you or action, when almost 100% of them, who have been studying and researching this for maybe half their lives, all claim the same thing, then it would be ignorant not to believe them.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, EvanG said:

3%.

Look, if it was 50% or even 60%, I would have my doubts too, but we're talking about NINETY-SEVEN% of the scientists around the world. I'm not a scientist, neither are you or action, when almost 100% of them, who have been studying and researching this for maybe half their lives, all claim the same thing, then it would be ignorant not to believe them.

the scientific principle dictates proof. a claim is one thing, proof is something else.

if there was proof, there would be 100% of scientists who would agree, not 97%.

2 hours ago, action said:

I'm sure they say that, but what's their proof?

proof is the basis for science, otherwise it's just philosophy.

what proof is there?

Actually there’s no such thing as a proof in science. You must be thinking of math.